• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Pumpkins said:
What item is causing that purple glow in your hand?

Dark Hand, the weapon/shield you get from the Darkwraith covenant. Has a unique blocking animation when you use it as a shield (looks really cool) and if you use it as a weapon, the R2 special attack will suck humanity from a player or NPC.

x3r0123 said:
i'm pissed :(. My disc is partially cracked but i got the plat trophy

http://i.imgur.com/PeuE1.jpg[IMG]

and this is what my character looks like

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vaECW.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/USNTL.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice, what gear is that?

x3r0123

we.are.the.armada said:
Congrats man! Yeah I'm trying to plat as well - can you help me out with some questions?

How many playthroughs did it take to get all rare weapons?
To get the miracles trophy do you have to get all miracles (Sunbros, Grave, etc.) in a single playthrough or does it carry over?

i'm at ng++ atm and i was able to get mostly everything in the first playthrough
miracles carry over just like the pyro and magic spells

knitoe

MotionBlue said:
Is the only way to get Brass armor set
to kill Gwyndolin?

And negatives to doing so?
Can't join the covenant anymore. And, the Fire Keeper get piss off and attacks you. Thus, to can't use the bonfire next to her anymore. Though, you can still teleport to it.

knitoe said:
Can't join the covenant anymore. And, the Fire Keeper get piss off and attacks you. Thus, to can't use the bonfire next to her anymore. Though, you can still teleport to it.

Thats it?

What are the variety of coins used for(silver, gold, copper)? Coins, not medals. I know what the Sunbro medals do.

Aselith

FuttBuck said:
I got the farthest I've been inside Sen's Fortress and then that stupid fake chest ate me :( I mashed my buttons but he just killed me, any way to spot them as opposed to actual chests?
Easily, take a swing at any chest before you open it from here on out.

Wired

Sweet, my copy of the strategy guide arrived today. Don't know if I'll read it but shit I had to have it damn it! lol

Wired said:
Sweet, my copy of the strategy guide arrived today. Don't know if I'll read it but shit I had to have it damn it! lol

Found it handy for the maps - mostly in figuring out what item drops I missed in an area after I was done with them. Didn't pay much attention to the walk-through along with the maps - but having them for reference was handy.

Also great being able to see all of the items / stats - especially after upgrades. I found the guide as a PDF on the net awhile ago - but still snagged up a physical copy the moment a local store had it. Quality of it is great - great cover, thick glossy pages, def worth having.

K.Sabot

Thinking of getting my dex up to scale with Queelag's furysword. I feel it could end up being one of the best dps weapons in conjunction with humanity, though I'm pretty sure someone has already disproved that :p

Electric weapons/ vitality builds are too good.

Psy-Phi

Facism said:
finally completed. Great game. Massive stress if you like to collect everything :,
Tell me about it. I MUST play NG+ just to get the things I missed. No damn pendant that I've found yet, and the one spot I've read confirmed to give it, I had finished already by getting all of
her spells, so Petrus never killed her

K.Sabot said:
Thinking of getting my dex up to scale with Queelag's furysword. I feel it could end up being one of the best dps weapons in conjunction with humanity, though I'm pretty sure someone has already disproved that :p

Electric weapons/ vitality builds are too good.
Queelag's Furysword doesn't' scale with humanity. Chaos blades do.

EDIT: I'm mistaken. Guess I've just had the max humanity that affects it for too long.

Spy

So I confirmed that I killed the first Pyromancer trainer in Blighttown when he tried attacking me. Also, I accidentally killed the third Pyromancer trainer that's near the
Chaos Covenant
. Second Pyromancer trainer never appeared because my Pyromancy Flame is only at +3. Am I screwed till NG+?

x3r0123

Wired said:

i have it and some of the information are inaccurate. For example, the list of rare weapons are not complete

So I'm around 5h in, killed the
gargoyles and on my way to the moonlight butterfly.

Great game, same way Demon's Souls was but with a little bit different taste.

kodt

Banned
Spy said:
So I confirmed that I killed the first Pyromancer trainer in Blighttown when he tried attacking me. Also, I accidentally killed the third Pyromancer trainer that's near the
Chaos Covenant
. Second Pyromancer trainer never appeared because my Pyromancy Flame is only at +3. Am I screwed till NG+?

I think so yeah :(

Finalow

demosthenes said:
You want to get back to the room after
Seath kills you right?

Well remember how you escaped, you climbed up the long ass ladder and wound up in the Archives area?

As for as who can you help, 2nd and 3rd boss in Demon Ruins, Tomb of the Giants.
dude i killed seath, i'm at the start of duke's archives but i don't know how to reach that place. no ladders around here.
and thanks, but where is the 3rd boss in demon ruins?

PumpkinPie said:
They can't or wont patch it, Demon's Souls still runs like shit all these years later as far as I'm aware.

Yeah but the slowdowns here sometimes look like bugs. In Demon's Souls the drops came with particles or heavy physics load. Here in DaS I think it's the water shaders or something like that, Anor Londo for example is a huge place with no slowdowns at all.

edit: Nevermind, have to try it out some more. Maybe just the frequency of people unhollowing near Firelink?

Just noticed because it happened 3 times in a row.

Catacombs are a pain.

Holy shit at Blighttown's framerate. It's like I roll my body on a floor full of sticky stroboscopic caramel. 90% of my deaths in this zone were caused by this fucking sugar coated issue.

V_Arnold

papersleeves said:
Holy shit at Blighttown's framerate. It's like I roll my body on a floor full of sticky stroboscopic caramel. 90% of my deaths in this zone were caused by this fucking sugar coated issue.

Uhm, dude, to each of his own, I guess. I NEVER died thanks to the framerate in Blighttown. I died there cause I was reckless, and because I wanted to get out of there fast. And rushing in Dark Souls mean you will die. Or fall down.

Dresden

papersleeves said:
The lag sucks but if you fall to death it's probably your fault, bro.

x3r0123

Urban Scholar said:
Smough is also weak to fire as well. I'm certain because yesterday I went to town on him with my fury sword <3

if you kill ornstein first, smough will get ornstein weakness too

demosthenes said:
Who sells the dragon bow arrows (read: spears) again?

blacksmith in anor londo

lupin23rd

QisTopTier said:
I need to vent for a second.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT CUTTING OFF SEATH'S TAIL IS THE MOST RANDOM CRAPSHOOT BULL SHIT IVE HAD TO DEAL WITH IN A GAME IN FUCKING AGES THE FUCKING SDLFJASDF;ASDJF;ASJ RAWRG THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL IF ITS THE UP AND DOWN OR SIDE TO SIDE SWIPE AND THAT SHIT IS A GRANTEED ONE SHOT FUCK THIS STUPID SWORD IM NOT EVEN A FUCKING INT BUILD STUPID TROPHY

I love this game :D
Yeah I did that last night and it was a pain , especially considering that the boss itself is pretty easy otherwise.

test_account

XP-39C²
Damn, when i got back to the first bonfire earlier today, the
silent woman who can upgrade the Estus Flask was killed.
. Why is that? I
freed the prisoner before the Bell Gargoyle boss. The way he talked reminded me a bit of Yurt The Silent Chief from Demon's Souls, so i guess maybe he killed this silent woman? How do i re-light this bonfire?

UFRA

Darklord said:
Can you make your spawn point an older bonfire you lit?

Your spawn point is always the last bonfire you rested at. It doesn't matter whether it's the first bonfire you lit or the last one, only the most recent one rested at counts.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Kyoufu said:
Dark Hand, the weapon/shield you get from the Darkwraith covenant. Has a unique blocking animation when you use it as a shield (looks really cool) and if you use it as a weapon, the R2 special attack will suck humanity from a player or NPC.
Can you parry with it?

test_account said:
. Why is that? I
freed the prisoner before the Bell Gargoyle boss. The way he talked reminded me a bit of Yurt The Silent Chief from Demon's Souls, so i guess maybe he killed this silent woman? How do i re-light this bonfire?
An awesome way, just let it play out. :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
V_Arnold said:
[/B]

Uhm, dude, to each of his own, I guess. I NEVER died thanks to the framerate in Blighttown. I died there cause I was reckless, and because I wanted to get out of there fast. And rushing in Dark Souls mean you will die. Or fall down.

Yeah, I never came close to dying because of lag, or even getting hit because of it (and not my own suckiness).

x3r0123

test_account said:
. Why is that? I

you need to find lautrec with that black eye orb and kill him. He will drop the firekeeper's soul. Use that use to revive her

scy

DeadFalling said:
I beat the game and never relit that bonfire?

Did you
loot her body for the Black Eye Orb on it? If not, that's probably why. The game outright tells you, basically, to use it when you're in Anor Lando to kill Lautrec. The Fire Keeper's Soul you get from that fight is brought back to the girl to revive her. Though, her soul isn't anything special so you can use it to get an Estus Upgrade, I think, so that's another possibility.

I level up my int to buy spells even if I dont use them just to make the trophy, but the guy with a big hat (logan?) is no longer at the firelink shrine... Im fucked up until NG+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom