• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Can you ever sell you equipment? I have wayy to many long sword.

no-ish. You can dump stuff in a bottomless box you can buy, to keep your inventory neater (really handy for switching weapons quickly instead of scrolling 10 pages of stuff) and I think you can give stuff to a character later..

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
K' Dash said:
I'm all melee, I'll have to send them to meet the creator with my Iaito.

Regarding Priscilla I think I'll try a couple times and if she fucks me I'll return with a Lighning Iaito, or pick up the lightning spear at Sen's.

She wasn't that hard. I beat her on my first attempt, which I can only say about 2 bosses.

MechaX said:
I'm wearing Paladin Armor +4 and Stone gear for the rest. I don't have the Flame Stoneplate ring. Whenever I try to draw the dragon down to the middle, I can get a few hits off, but then he flies up and sprays fire. This has the unfortunate side-effect of effectively stun-locking my character and he will just continue doing that until I die.
Do you have the Gold hemmed black set? I think it has higher fire resistance than either of those and it's pretty light too.

DuendeSmoker

Neo Member
Yoshichan said:
Only the blacksmith in Anor Londo can do it, he needs some kind of Ember (I don't remember which though ;_;).

No need for embers there. The blacksmith in Anor Londo can ascend +10 weapons to lightning from the start.

I just got there yesterday, had no embers whatsoever in my possession, and made a Lightning Iaito +2 and a delicious Queelag's fury sword.

poweld

mrklaw said:
no-ish. You can dump stuff in a bottomless box you can buy, to keep your inventory neater (really handy for switching weapons quickly instead of scrolling 10 pages of stuff) and I think you can give stuff to a character later..
No, you can sell gear later for souls to an NPC after a certain event occurs. This is also a story NPC, so you can't miss him.

luxarific said:
My impression is that people preordered the game based on Demon's Souls reputation. And if Atlus had published Dark Souls the documentation that came with the game would have been far better than what Namco gave us.

Who knows. But Bamco is definitely benefiting from the good word about Demon's Souls and atlus doing the work back then.

orion434

K' Dash said:
I'm all melee, I'll have to send them to meet the creator with my Iaito.

Regarding Priscilla I think I'll try a couple times and if she fucks me I'll return with a Lighning Iaito, or pick up the lightning spear at Sen's.

I killed Priscilla by accident, really wanted to get her tail this playthrough and was just messing with her. When you see the footsteps in the snow coming at you, roll towards her and to the right, turn around and slash, hits her everytime. They should keep her Health Bar visable even when she's invisible.

MechaX

electroshockwave said:
Do you have the Gold hemmed black set? I think it has higher fire resistance than either of those and it's pretty light too.

Thanks. I tried using some of the Gold hemmed armor and ran on the left side instead of the right and it worked. Oddly, the dragon only does certain things when running on the left side for me (like the sweeping fire breath).

Kattbuss

So after many, many tries I made it up Sen's fortress yesterday, activated the bonfire and then promptly died at the boss.
"No big" I thought, " I'll just run the short bit from the bonfire to the boss and try again"
And that's when I realised that I had only activated the bonfire, not rested at it so I revived at the blacksmith instead.
Shit...

I fought down the rage by meditating for a bit and then tried again, resting at the bonfire and beating the boss. Summoned some phantoms and proceeded to beat Anor Londo as well.
Damn this game is great!

Now I want to
invade Lautrec and revive the firekeeper but they always rush me, kill me, laugh at me and then they urinate on my corpse
Any tips? I'm level 50 or so, mostly DEX, with a Winged Spear +9 and an Iaito +9, Eagle Shield and the Gold-hemmed Robes.

Jonsoncao

Banned
FuttBuck said:
Did my first ever summon last night and it was 2 guys. We absolutely demolished the 2 guys in Anor Lando :)

So I made and upgraded my Qualog's Furysword to +4, but where can I farm Titanite Chunks to get it to +5? Also, I'm very curious about an effect I see on players over youtube; it has 3 arrows pointing up, which im assuming increases their equip load by a ton. Anybody know what this is? Ring? Spell? If so where can I get it?

Demon titanite can be farmed at the backdoor of Lost Izalith, the titanite demon there is respawnable.

Three arrows up = cloranthy ring, upon the entrance to the bonfire in the great hollow, jump down to the branch that leads you to the lizard, look at the middle of the tree you ll see a body hanging on the second floor of the middle tree.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DuendeSmoker said:
No need for embers there. The blacksmith in Anor Londo can ascend +10 weapons to lightning from the start.
Perfect!

Owensboro

demosthenes said:
Good morning Dark Souls GAF, going to be starting NG today after a little more chunk farming. I gave up on Slab farming, it was ridiculous :(

Yeah, don't farm Slabs. NG+ is for slabs!

Jonsoncao said:
Demon titanite can be farmed at the backdoor of Lost Izalith, the titanite demon there is respawnable.

Is there a quick efficient way to kill that (those) bastard(s)? I've been trying to farm the weapon they drop (It's the last damn one I need for the trophy) but It takes me around 15 minutes of chipping away at him to get him down, and if I mistime my stamina recharge once he gets a lucky jumping stab that just outright kills me. I'm getting really sick of trying for this Titanite Pole. Do you have to cut off their tails or something? I think I'm just going to have to stockpile Humanity and wear the Serpent's Ring....but god....I don't want to.

At least I can watch the World Series on one TV and farm on the other. It helps take the sting out of the stupidest drop in this game. Whoever decided to put a completion-ist drop on a hard enemy that only respawns in one place can rot in hell.

AmandaMatricks said:
Now I want to
invade Lautrec and revive the firekeeper but they always rush me, kill me, laugh at me and then they urinate on my corpse
Any tips? I'm level 50 or so, mostly DEX, with a Winged Spear +9 and an Iaito +9, Eagle Shield and the Gold-hemmed Robes.

i just pull them with a bow and quickkill the caster. rest is just a normal battle. if you have some pyro: try it, he is weak to fire.

Mmm, just realized, I didnt find the blacksmith at catacombs.. I remember the sound just before pinwheel boss, but could get to him, where is him?

Kattbuss

Augemitbutter said:
i just pull them with a bow and quickkill the caster. rest is just a normal battle. if you have some pyro: try it, he is weak to fire.

Thanks! I don't have any pyro so I think I'll try to firebomb his ass.

Owensboro

Augemitbutter said:
is the droprate increased somehow in ng+?

No, but you are garunteed at least 1 of each color, and I've gotten two titanite on each playthrough (a Crystal Lizard in the Great Hollow has dropped one each time I've killed it).

sotodefonk said:
Mmm, just realized, I didnt find the blacksmith at catacombs.. I remember the sound just before pinwheel boss, but could get to him, where is him?
Do you know where the second bonfire in the catacombs is? (the one behind an illusory wall)

dave is ok

aztek is ok
AmandaMatricks said:
So after many, many tries I made it up Sen's fortress yesterday, activated the bonfire and then promptly died at the boss.
"No big" I thought, " I'll just run the short bit from the bonfire to the boss and try again"
And that's when I realised that I had only activated the bonfire, not rested at it so I revived at the blacksmith instead.
Shit....
There's a shorcut back to the BS bonfire. Be sure to activate it

So what's the average SL for a person in Sen's Fortress? I was SL 25 and I couldn't seem to summon anyone so I had to beat the boss myself, which I did after a few tries. At this point, is it a good idea to just grind and level up? I might return to the Depths and just help fight the gaping dragon, since I have the lightning spear and all...

Kalnos

Banned
OneMoreQuestion said:
So what's the average SL for a person in Sen's Fortress? I was SL 25 and I couldn't seem to summon anyone so I had to beat the boss myself, which I did after a few tries. At this point, is it a good idea to just grind and level up? I might return to the Depths and just help fight the gaping dragon, since I have the lightning spear and all...

40-50 would be my guess. People were 50ish in Anor Londo.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OneMoreQuestion said:
Hmm, around 35?

OneMoreQuestion said:

Always so surprising to me how different a playthrough can be from one person to the next.

You beat Sen's Fortress before you beat the Depths...

...crazy.

Probably typical SL for Sen's is 35 to 50 range.

orion434

AmandaMatricks said:
Now I want to

Poison Arrows, 3 for each to poison... but you have to do it twice. So have at least 20 Poison Arrows, they won't even come to attack you.

electroshockwave said:
Do you know where the second bonfire in the catacombs is? (the one behind an illusory wall)

i think it's just before the second bridge. the one you can drop down from into the pit with all the pinwheels. outdoor area.

electroshockwave said:

Yes I know where it is (fuckin statue impaled me several times lol), is there another illusory wall there?

orion434

lawblob said:
Those dudes throwing goddamn whale harpoons in Anor Londo are no joke.

Poison Arrows! I friggin' Love Poison Arrows! Go to the Alcove where the 2 Bat Demons were and there will be 2 sets of pillars on the right and left facing the snipers. Go to the back pillars, the chunky arrows can't reach you from there. There will be a high Arc for the Arrows to hit them, but 2 consecutive Poison Arrows will poison them and then just wait for them to die.

Kattbuss

rayner said:
Poison Arrows, 3 for each to poison... but you have to do it twice. So have at least 20 Poison Arrows, they won't even come to attack you.
Clever! I stocked up on Poison Arrows before Sen's so I don't even have to run and buy more. This time he's going down!

KAOz

Short bus special
Guys, just arrived at the second bonfire in Anor Londo.

Solaire isn't here. I talked to him at the Undead Burg, but... he isn't here. Is there a way to "fix" this?

Also, do I need to run into Sen's Fortress again, because neither is Sigmeier. I forgot to talk to him before opening it up, then he was gone, and well, I killed the boss there of course. Is he still there?

KAOz said:
Guys, just arrived at the second bonfire in Anor Londo.

Solaire isn't here. I talked to him at the Undead Burg, but... he isn't here. Is there a way to "fix" this?

Also, do I need to run into Sen's Fortress again, because neither is Sigmeier. I forgot to talk to him before opening it up, then he was gone, and well, I killed the boss there of course. Is he still there?

i have the same problem :(

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31984096&postcount=2589

Barrett2

rayner said:
Poison Arrows! I friggin' Love Poison Arrows! Go to the Alcove where the 2 Bat Demons were and there will be 2 sets of pillars on the right and left facing the snipers. Go to the back pillars, the chunky arrows can't reach you from there. There will be a high Arc for the Arrows to hit them, but 2 consecutive Poison Arrows will poison them and then just wait for them to die.

Damn, must have missed that spot, everywhere I tried maneuvering gave them an angle.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Owensboro said:
Is there a quick efficient way to kill that (those) bastard(s)? I've been trying to farm the weapon they drop (It's the last damn one I need for the trophy) but It takes me around 15 minutes of chipping away at him to get him down, and if I mistime my stamina recharge once he gets a lucky jumping stab that just outright kills me. I'm getting really sick of trying for this Titanite Pole. Do you have to cut off their tails or something? I think I'm just going to have to stockpile Humanity and wear the Serpent's Ring....but god....I don't want to.

Ascended pyro flame+5 is your friend.

Salih

FINISHED!

took me 45h. sweet holy shit at the end-boss fight.

gotta be honest. i was expecting something HUGE and EPIC. i thought Gwyn is some kind of a huge monster. the music, the battle - very anti-climatic. but damn he is tough. i barely did him damage with my Lightning Iaito +5. After my last Estus Flask i was sure i am going to die cause he still had 1/3 of his life. my lil bro said i should use pyro magic. i was like "Yeah right - Gywn fights with fire. it will probably heal him or something". I throw all my great fireballs and great chaos fireballs at him and wow he died really quick. i beat him at my first try.

I really love this game - there were times i would like to destroy the disc and throw it out of the windows but damn, all my anger and frustration were worth it. This game is a lot more fun when you know where to go and what to do next. if you know how to engange with certain enemies, if you know how every place is connected to eath other and what you can expect behind every corner, this game actually gets easy. i really think if i start with a new character i will have alot more fun. :p

Def. one of the best games i played this year.

Mihos

Gold Member
rayner said:

I am at this same spot. Thanks for the tip!

bigdaddygamebot said:
You beat Sen's Fortress before you beat the Depths...
...crazy.

Naw I've finished the Depths, I just enjoy being summoned in front of the bonfire so I can head off to help someone beat G.D. or Kirk, easy souls and humanity :D

Nearing the end of the game for my first playthrough. Now I'm wondering

- Do I immediately push through in NG+
- Or, do I re-roll a new character and plan him out a bit better?

I sort of went in with a game-plan for my first character, but he got a bit muddled mid-way through - initially I had planned on going super light / fast weapons / dex build, but now I seem to be wearing heavy armor (still under 50%), but still using dex based weapons - but eyeing up the massive str requirements on things I actually want to use.

I kinda like the idea of a STR/END build of a Pyromancer. Big axes, great shields and a fist-full of flames when the time arises. I really like the look/feel of some of the heavier items in the game - and pyromancy just feels so satisfying to use. Only have a little bit of it on my current character - but I do enjoy it when I decide to bring it out.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
lawblob said:
Those dudes throwing goddamn whale harpoons in Anor Londo are no joke.

I had the worst time with these dudes until someone told me to just run past everything from the start, get close enough to the right archer so that he pulls his sword, then back off and watch him fall to his death. I easily finished that part on my next attempt (after dying 900 times before).

I get to play this game very little but its mad fun when I do. The drake sword made killing havel fight easy at low levels. Backstab while 2-Hing it.!

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Ok I got a question about reinforcing estus flasks...

Do you need to find all the fire kindler (or whatever they are called) things to upgrade your flasks before you ring the second bell? Cause I heard that after you ring the second bell, everyone in firelink shrine gets shanked including the imprisoned chick that does the upgrade for you. So should I start rounding up all these upgrades now or is there another way to upgrade after she dies? I only have 1 upgrade right now, the one under the first bell. I cleared all the undead burg and just killed Moon moth, now fighting the Hydra and the really tough knight next to him (Haveth?)

Guy invades me and looked like he went off the cliff on purpose when I was about to kill him.

Is there a difference in suicide vs being defeated by my sword for him?

DarkMehm

So, I've done Undead Burg, Undead Parish and killed Capra Demon. I'm SL 24, where should I head GAF? I've already got me that armor in Darkroot, but I'm unsure wether I should go on there or head to the Depths.

Owensboro

Jonsoncao said:
Ascended pyro flame+5 is your friend.

Bah, I really should have upgraded the flame this time before killing the guy in the swamp....but I'm no magic user! How was I to know? Is there anyone else that will upgrade my flame if he's dead? I really just need to read this guide better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom