• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

KAOz said:
Are you able to gain a couple of SL's? Am level 156 though, but really close by.
sure but can you still find someone at the SL? I'm worried about this.
can you still play in co-op at SL 150 or so?

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
You have the ring but how much humanity are you packing? I personally use about 15-30 depending on what I'm farming.

I wonder if the effort of grinding up 30 humanity makes farming the ore without it about the same amount of time. Surely it must still be a significant investment to farm up 30 points?

KAOz

Short bus special
finalozzo said:
sure but can you still find someone at the SL? I'm worried about this.
can you still play in co-op at SL 150 or so?

I do believe you can really. I've seen loads of ghosties running past me alot, aswell as messages. I haven't been in human form so much though, so don't know to 100%. Not sure about randoms, but maybe if one coordinates stuff.

But yeah, you decide if it's worth the risk really.

Finalow

KAOz said:
I do believe you can really. I've seen loads of ghosties running past me alot, aswell as messages. I haven't been in human form so much though, so don't know to 100%. Not sure about randoms, but maybe if one coordinates stuff.

But yeah, you decide if it's worth the risk really.
i don't know if i'm wrong but people that are doing ng+ or ng++ should be at least at level 100-110.

KAOz

Short bus special
finalozzo said:
i don't know if i'm wrong but people that are doing ng+ or ng++ should be at least at level 100-110.

Yeah, and I'm on NG+ right now. :p So yeah, should not be impossible at all.

x3r0123

finalozzo said:

level 200+ on my main character and he is at ng++. co-op is not ng+ restricted. Its only level restricted

Finalow

demosthenes said:
Shit...how do I contact FROM lol.

Need them to have it if you beat Nito that you get sent back to Shrine or something XD
I WANT TO contact them for the bug that killed me. =| don't know how.
by the way, no, you have to go all the way back if you can't warp. sorry. XD

Oracle Dragon said:
I wonder if the effort of grinding up 30 humanity makes farming the ore without it about the same amount of time. Surely it must still be a significant investment to farm up 30 points?

I can't speak for ore but it made farming Souvenirs a lot less painful with 30 humanity. I would say it took me from a 1 in 50 ratio to about 1 in 20.

While farming eyes of death off the basilisks in the depths for Nito I would also make a quick trip to kill rats which seem to drop 1-2 humanity per run. After that I went to farm harpies while keeping the humanity I used on the basilisks. Maybe 3-4 hours investment.

I do hear skeleton babies drop an insane amount of humanity in the Tombs?

Dresden

Oracle Dragon said:
Nah it's like a half hour spent killing baby skeletons in the Tomb of the Giants.

Finalow

x3r0123 said:
level 200+ on my main character and he is at ng++. co-op is not ng+ restricted. Its only level restricted
yes i know, i was wondering if people go to ng++ at level 90 and don't level up anyomore.
so i'm not overlevelled, great to know.

x3r0123

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
While farming eyes of death off the basilisks in the depths for Nito I would also make a quick trip to kill rats which seem to drop 1-2 humanity per run. After that I went to farm harpies while keeping the humanity I used on the basilisks. Maybe 3-4 hours investment.

I do hear skeleton babies drop an insane amount of humanity in the Tombs?

they keep respawning so yeah

Finalow

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
I can't speak for ore but it made farming Souvenirs a lot less painful with 30 humanity.

While farming eyes of death off the basilisks in the depths for Nito I would also make a quick trip to kill rats which seem to drop 1-2 humanity per run.
mh no. it's 1-2 humanity per hour, not run. even with the ring.

Wallachia

So I killed the priest at the top of the Undead Parish (that cleanses sins). He yielded a Dual Humanity, and the Book of the Guilty.. Pretty cool, shows hundred of sinners and their sin amount. Love this game..

HATE the fact that I spent over 2 hours fucking with my router to get my NAT type more open, but could not. STILL lucky if I get one summon a nite.

KAOz

Short bus special
finalozzo said:
yes i know, i was wondering if people go to ng++ at level 90 and don't level up anyomore.
so i'm not overlevelled, great to know.

Shoot me a PM when you've decided what you want do. :) That way, if you'd go for it, we could easier set it up. But yeah, let me know either way please.

finalozzo said:
I WANT TO contact them for the bug that killed me. =| don't know how.
by the way, no, you have to go all the way back if you can't warp. sorry. XD

You missed where I said I took the shortcut, therefore I only turned over 1 or 2 of the bridges.

MrWisker

dekjo said:
What level were people when you beat the two Anor Londo bosses? Trying to co-op the boss with someone for souls/humanity (just got furysword), but no one summons me. Been trying for over an hour with no luck.

I tried to co-op in the same area for 2 hours last night SL around 55 and not a single hit. Still the time was not wasted as I had fun fighting the 2 holy knights before the boss numerous times.

Disappointed though with the online. Demon souls I spent 100 hours or more just helping people fight bosses. I was hoping to have the same experience with this game. Hope a patch is able to fix things.

Guevara

I'm kind of LTTP because I rang both bells, beat Sen's, etc., but is there any reason not to start down the Pyromancy path now? I just received the glove
from the swamp guy. I guess I saved him without realizing it because he's hanging out in Firelink now.

I can upgrade
the glove a few times with him, then visit the Chaos Servant by Queelana for a few more right?
Did I miss any upgrades for good by this point?

Humanity: Farming the baby skeletons is annoying because their drops disappear so damn fast.

Duke's Archives Question:
Where is the key for Big Hat Logan's cell? I killed everyone in the room he was in and got 3 keys and none worked. When I got out of that room, I seem to have killed everything and still haven't found it (found the 3rd bonfire).

Gattsu25

Banned
Guevara said:
I'm kind of LTTP because I rang both bells, beat Sen's, etc., but is there any reason not to start down the Pyromancy path now? I just received the glove
from the swamp guy. I guess I saved him without realizing it because he's hanging out in Firelink now.

I can upgrade
the glove a few times with him, then visit the Chaos Servant by Queelana for a few more right?
Just buy everything he offers from now. Upgrade your glove at Queleena, if need be. He's
not long for this world
and he has a few spells that no one else offers.

Dresden

prodystopian said:
Humanity: Farming the baby skeletons is annoying because their drops disappear so damn fast.

Duke's Archives Question:
Where is the key for Big Hat Logan's cell? I killed everyone in the room he was in and got 3 keys and none worked. When I got out of that room, I seem to have killed everything and still haven't found it (found the 3rd bonfire).
It's in the little archive room that you climb down the ladder to get to, the same room with
the switch leading to Crystal Cave.

Guevara said:

I can upgrade

I am a dex build, but I've built up pyromancy and it has been helpful. You should upgrade it as much as possible.
The guy in firelink can upgrade it to +15. After that my understanding is that it isn't the Chaos Servant, it's some female NPC in the swamp in Blighttown who you can only see after the glove is beyond +10

Dresden said:
It's in the little archive room that you climb down the ladder to get to, the same room with
the switch leading to Crystal Cave.

Where is this ladder? I must have missed that room. I was worried I had missed the drop of the key or something.

prodystopian said:
Where is this ladder? I must have missed that room. I was worried I had missed the drop of the key or something.

Do you know where the bonfire is on the lowest level of the Archives? The key is in a room that's super close to that bonfire.

TP

Santiako said:
Not really, I farmed 30 humanity from the rats in about an hour and a half.

It took me about 3 1/2 hours to get that much Humanity with my item find rate at 410

Noticing some weird input related stuff that have resulted in a few deaths.

The most infuriating one was when I was fighting one.of those knight dudes with the capes and thought I had an opportunity to take a swig from my flask. It turned out that he didn't backdash so I went for my shield; blocked successfully and backdashed myself to get a bit of space, all the while with my shield still up. Then out of nowhere I take a drink from from my flask and get hit by a lunge attack killing me. This was something like 5 or 6 seconds after I pressed square.

Nearly flipped out when that happened.

Zzoram

wtf how do I get patches?

I never met him in the Catacombs, I only saw him in Tomb of the Giants

Do I have to meet him in the Catacombs too for him to go back to Firelink? where is he in Catacombs?

Level 66, I'm at the Anor Londo boss now. There are two areas I ignored so far: the forest behind the sealed door (only "farmed" some souls there. Through fighting and not the cheap way, though...) and the tomb of giants...I just don't see anything and I don't think my character can learn any spells..I couldn't use magic yet. Hopefully there's some light ring later on in the game. :D

Zzoram

DieNgamers said:
Level 66, I'm at the Anor Londo boss now. There are two areas I ignored so far: the forest behind the sealed door (only "farmed" some souls there. Through fighting and not the cheap way, though...) and the tomb of giants...I just don't see anything and I don't think my character can learn any spells..I couldn't use magic yet. Hopefully there's some light ring later on in the game. :D

Tomb of Giants can't be beaten until after Anor Londo and the Wolf of Drakeroot Garden anyways.

froliq

Zzoram said:

Do I have to meet him in the Catacombs too for him to go back to Firelink? where is he in Catacombs?
I don't think you meet him in the Catacombs. Atleast I didn't and just met him in the Tomb of Giants and he has returned to Firelink for me.

Zzoram

froliq said:
I don't think you meet him in the Catacombs. Atleast I didn't and just met him in the Tomb of Giants and he has returned to Firelink for me.

Where does he go in Firelink? Do you have to beat the Tomb of Giants boss for him to go back? The priest girl I saved was at the shrine, but I can't find Patches anywhere.

krakov

Zzoram said:

If you meet him in Tomb and answer him the right way and such, he will be back at firelink when you finish nito or earlier. Never saw him in Catacombs either.

Insaniac

So if I'm SL 98 where would be a good place to drop my sign to get summoned? Also if I just beat the duke's archives/crystal forest where should I go now?

Don said:
And after meeting Kaathe can I still go back to speak with Frampt afterwards?

Yes, if you want -- you just need to decline Kaathe.
However, if you want to be a Darkwraith, screw Frampt -- I think you might lose the ability to have Frampt eat things for you though.

krakov said:
If you meet him in Tomb and answer him the right way and such, he will be back at firelink when you finish nito or earlier. Never saw him in Catacombs either.

Always tell Patches you are not a cleric.
After he does his thing, talk to him a second time and he'll try to be buddy buddy and give you an item.
Then he should go back to firelink.
To get him in the catacombs, you need to go before you talk to Rhea and her guards.

knitoe

Wow. I didn't know Ceaseless Discharge was so easy. The guy kick my ass the first time.

If you don't grab the armor set near him, he won't attack as soon as you enter the mist. Just attack him and start the fight. Now, lock on and stay close to the side. When he starts to do hand stomp, just roll to the side. Then, run in and 2 hand his arm. Repeat. I didn't get him once on NG+.

SublimeO12

Neo Member
prodystopian said:
I am a dex build, but I've built up pyromancy and it has been helpful. You should upgrade it as much as possible.
The guy in firelink can upgrade it to +15. After that my understanding is that it isn't the Chaos Servant, it's some female NPC in the swamp in Blighttown who you can only see after the glove is beyond +10

Is there anyone else besides the guy in firelink and the blighttown chick that can upgrade the pyro glove then? I'm at +9 and she has not appeared in blighttown, but the guy at firelink is gone. Am I hosed?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
corrosivefrost said:
Yes, if you want -- you just need to decline Kaathe.
However, if you want to be a Darkwraith, screw Frampt -- I think you might lose the ability to have Frampt eat things for you though.

Always tell Patches you are not a cleric.
After he does his thing, talk to him a second time and he'll try to be buddy buddy and give you an item.
Then he should go back to firelink.
To get him in the catacombs, you need to go before you talk to Rhea and her guards.
Yes you do. THough I think selling stuff is sort of useless since you don't get much souls.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
toasty_T said:
Noticing some weird input related stuff that have resulted in a few deaths.

The most infuriating one was when I was fighting one.of those knight dudes with the capes and thought I had an opportunity to take a swig from my flask. It turned out that he didn't backdash so I went for my shield; blocked successfully and backdashed myself to get a bit of space, all the while with my shield still up. Then out of nowhere I take a drink from from my flask and get hit by a lunge attack killing me. This was something like 5 or 6 seconds after I pressed square.

Nearly flipped out when that happened.

I have had some severly delayed/lagged flask drinks that have gotten me killed too. I'll create distance and try to take a swig, only to have nothing happen. Then the enemy is upon me and I start fighting and my guy will randomly stop and take a drink, getting me killed almost every time. I don't know what causes it but it's soooo aggravating.

Finalow

Zzoram said:

you meet him in the catacombs and then in the tomb of giants, but you can skip him in the catacombs.
in the tomb of giants answer "NO" or he will be hostile, then when you defeat Nito he will be at the firelink shrine near the snake thing.

Finalow

Insaniac said:
So if I'm SL 98 where would be a good place to drop my sign to get summoned? Also if I just beat the duke's archives/crystal forest where should I go now?
lost izalith, the abyss or the tomb of giants.
and i would like a good spot to be summoned to, my SL is 125.
why? I want to enter the warrior of sunlight covenant.

Tonza

Is farming demon titanite possible/easy? Im now at the Anor Londo boss and Im hesitating using my 8 demon titanite to upgrade the Furysword for the fight.

Noaloha

Blegh, really not enjoying trying to get through the Sen's Fortress boss. My highest damage weapon is a Divine Morning Star +5 that's doing tiny, tiny damage per hit. The constant messing around with lock-on is irritating. I don't have enough health to survive the grab attack. I have a decent enough handle on his moveset now to avoid most of the attacks but I can't seem to make it all the way to the end of his lifebar without eating just one unlucky pick-up-and-smash.

Guevara

Orayn said:
So are we aware of this? http://darksouls.fromsoftware.jp/online/

Sounds like From is readying the next patch, which will include some big/exploit fixes and rebalancing of various items.
Yeah and it's a good thing, IMO. I don't even PVP much, but the way weapons scale is really broken. A lighting spear will always be better than a DEX or STR scaling weapon until NG+ or beyond as it is now.

Fog Ring doesn't bother me.

bitoriginal

Toodles said:
Blegh, really not enjoying trying to get through the Sen's Fortress boss. My highest damage weapon is a Divine Morning Star +5 that's doing tiny, tiny damage per hit. The constant messing around with lock-on is irritating. I don't have enough health to survive the grab attack. I have a decent enough handle on his moveset now to avoid most of the attacks but I can't seem to make it all the way to the end of his lifebar without eating just one unlucky pick-up-and-smash.

Dude, go back and search Sens for the lightning spear, makes things alot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom