• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

K' Dash

atomsk said:
made it to the bonfire in Dukes where people are actually putting down summon signs

and for the past 15 minutes

SUMMONING FAILED
SUMMONING FAILED
SUMMONING FAILED

Some days it works without any issues, today is not one of those days

I get 10% success rate summoning and being summoned, that sucks :(

KAOz

Short bus special
Btw, on NG+, do I have to re-find all the embers again?

Because, they're classed as keyitems, aren't they?

Sullichin said:
The
spider?

Yes. But
That locks you out of the Covenant of course. But I got my shit there, didn't need her anymore. Killed her.

K' Dash

Spwn said:
I'm a level 17 pyromancer and I'm still in Undeadburg. Just too afraid to face the boss!

The gargoyles? just use a heater shield and fuck'em up!

if you go human you can summon Solaire or a Human player to help you.

x3r0123 said:
man it up

second%20futurama.jpg

Sullichin

KAOz said:

Yes. But
That locks you out of the Covenant of course. But I got my shit there, didn't need her anymore. Killed her.

Hm. I'll look into my options. Does that disable the bonfire right there?

BeeDog

KAOz said:

Yep, you need to refind all of them.

By the way, seems enemies drop 3 times the souls in NG+. Forest farming, here I come!

hteng

Banned
33-Hit-Combo said:
God I just got killed again. I can't handle this. Admittedly I'm right at the beginning on NG+, but I don't wanna keep levelling! I've got an ultra great sword, but I swear its windup is the same :(

uhhh why on earth are you doing new londos at the beginning? shouldn't you be doing undead burg, ringing bells first? those areas can net you tons of souls, so grinding is not really required.

admitedly, i went down there just to grab the fire keeper soul, the ghosts still die in 2 hit from my greatsword, so it didn't look so hard. They can get you into a death combo though if you get knocked over.

ShaneB said:
I come back from eating my lunch to post in here and it's already page 6. God damn :( I can't keep up!

change your settings to show 100 posts in a page.

By the way, seems enemies drop 3 times the souls in NG+. Forest farming, here I come!

seems to be 5x for me, the dragon gives 50000 in NG+, and i killed it melee style ;p died 20 times doing though.

KAOz

Short bus special
Sullichin said:
Hm. I'll look into my options. Does that disable the bonfire right there?

Yes. But you can use the one right outside instead (close to Demon's Ruins.)

BeeDog said:

Poopbucket.

hteng said:
uhhh why on earth are you doing new londos at the beginning? shouldn't you be doing undead burg, ringing bells first? those areas can net you tons of souls, so grinding is not really required.

admitedly, i went down there just to grab the fire keeper soul, the ghosts still die in 2 hit from my greatsword, so it didn't look so hard. They can get you into a death combo though if you get knocked over.

I want to activate the second half of the stage to farm titanite slabs. I'm not interested in souls/levels right now :( I too can take them out in 2 hits, 1 if double handed, but that means nothing when they gang up on you through walls... Too slow!

Dyno

Is the Hollow Shield worth bumping up to +4 or +5? I'm kicking around Undead Parish and haven't found any equipment that seems better.

I found the Knight Shield but it seems inferior in every way. Am I missing something?

HildyB

commish said:
The guide is near useless, besides the maps, to be honest. It's not so much a guide as a collection of information about the game. I have the guide and I still ask questions here or google things. It's only 13 bucks, though, so no biggie.

It depends what you want from the guide. It's no walkthrough, that's for sure. I like how it explains little plot bits with the NPCs that I would have missed otherwise. It has some tips, but really the extras section is the only worthwhile portion and most of that is shared here. But it's nice.

hteng

Banned
33-Hit-Combo said:
I want to activate the second half of the stage to farm titanite slabs. I'm not interested in souls/levels right now :( I too can take them out in 2 hits, 1 if double handed, but that means nothing when they gang up on you through walls... Too slow!

what? slabs ? really? from darkwraiths? i thought they dropped chunks only.

Holy shit! Someone has invaded my game!? What!? I'm so scared and don't understand. Just sitting in an ambush spot. I think I'm going to quit and reload lol

hteng said:
what? slabs ? really? from darkwraiths? i thought they dropped chunks only.

Confirmation came from a member here, apparently it's a very rare drop, but he got 2 in an hour by luck. I'm berieving it.

Dyno said:
Is the Hollow Shield worth bumping up to +4 or +5? I'm kicking around Undead Parish and haven't found any equipment that seems better.

I found the Knight Shield but it seems inferior in every way. Am I missing something?

1) Upgrade anything to +5 for minor increases. You will be able to buy shards later for pretty cheap.

2) Don't upgrade early stuff as you will be coming to better stuff soon and you can save some souls.

Pick which way you want to go.

ShaneB

abstract alien said:
Holy shit! Someone has invaded my game!? What!? I'm so scared and don't understand. Just sitting in an ambush spot. I think I'm going to quit and reload lol

Hahahah

purg3

slept with Malkin
Dumb question, I just got to anor londo for the first time, can I get out of here and gogetting back to firelink before fighting the area boss?

33-Hit-Combo said:
Confirmation came from a member here, apparently it's a very rare drop, but he got 2 in an hour by luck. I'm berieving it.

Yea, I hate them. I farmed for 25 minutes and didn't get a Chunk w/ 50 humanity or so and a the item ring on.

Going to farm the hell out of the knights at the end of the game before the final boss.

purg3 said:
Dumb question, I just got to anor londo for the first time, can I get out of here and gogetting back to firelink before fighting the area boss?

Yes, just turn around and talk to the Gargoyle. There is a bonfire a little ahead though.

knitoe

purg3 said:
Go back to where you land and talk to the gargoyle sitting on the wall.

KAOz

Short bus special
33-Hit-Combo said:

This is indeed true. I've gotten slabs from them aswell.

Holy shit, a third OT already?

Guys, does anybody know what the most powerful melee weapon is? I'm almost finished with a second new game+ and my once godlike weapons are wimpy now. Thanks!

demosthenes said:
Embrace death, it's how you learn.

I would love to have some Dark Souls / Demon's Souls swag, maybe a t-shirt with this logo or something similar. I don't even like gaming shirts but I would totally buy that if it existed.

Clear said:
Its a bit unclear but from the looks of things while the boss lives there will always be the possibility of getting 10 humanity drops from the monsters there.

Now I know you can farm way more than 10 humanity from an area, so what I suspect it means is that while the boss remains alive everytime you hit a bonfire/zone the count will be reset to 10, after the boss dies though it wont.

Long story short: Boss alive = unlimited. Boss dead = 10 per game cycle.

-UPDATE-

Info is on p21 of guide.

10 drop limit seems to apply per area, not per mob type.

I thought the humanity thing was - when killing NPCs in an area, you seem to randomly gain humanity (ie: not as a dropped item, your actual stat goes up). This happens when the boss is still alive, and maxes out at 10.

So, I accidentally aggravated Blacksmith Vamos and now he is hostly. The "Sin Man" is asking for 118000 souls for my sin.
Should I just kill Vamos, get his loot and leave the fire weapons for NG+ or should I pay?

SYNTAX182

Sullichin said:
I hate this area. Definitely use the spider shield to protect from the poison dart assholes. Thankfully the area isn't really that huge before you fight a boss and can move on (still took me forever). Shitty framerate really made this area less enjoyable (but I probably would have hated it anyway)

Thanks man. Yeah, the area itself wasn't too hard, just the fucking framerate messes with your timing and the stupid bees are hard to track sometimes.

I just used the Eagle Shield I picked up here. Not sure where that Spider Shield is, but I got some armor sets in this area that helped with poison resists and got past the area, just made it back to Firelink. Was there supposed to be a boss here? That stupid Octopus is tied down and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to kill it or something.

Orayn

we.are.the.armada said:
Holy shit, a third OT already?

Guys, does anybody know what the most powerful melee weapon is? I'm almost finished with a second new game+ and my once godlike weapons are wimpy now. Thanks!
If I recall, Lightning Zweihander +5 has the highest total damage of anything in the game. Not sure if you can get (much) higher with incredibly high stats and scaling, but it's among the best non-scaling damage in the game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even want to talk about how let down I am that the Gravelord Covenant doesn't exactly work as advertised. I wish it did.

So I'm early in the game, and finding I'm pretty terrible.

I'm probably gonna start over (I picked Wanderer class with Blessing of the Goddess gift) with a ranged class.

My question is....So I beat the first boss and go to the second area. Is the only place I can go is to take the lift down into the Ruins? Those ghosts down there seriously messed me up lol.

hteng

Banned
33-Hit-Combo said:

meh, there's no bonfires there, you are gonna use the darkroot basin bonfire? still have to run past 5 drakes though. firelink is way too far to farm efficiently.

not something i'll enjoy doing :/

Orayn said:
If I recall, Lightning Zweihander +5 has the highest total damage of anything in the game. Not sure if you can get (much) higher with incredibly high stats and scaling, but it's among the best non-scaling damage in the game.

elemental damage is whacky, my Lightning Zweihander +5 does less damage than my black knight great sword +5. my Zweihander +15 with lightning/fire pine does the most damage. I killed the gargolye in 4 hits in NG+.

SYNTAX182 said:
Thanks man. Yeah, the area itself wasn't too hard, just the fucking framerate messes with your timing and the stupid bees are hard to track sometimes.

I just used the Eagle Shield I picked up here. Not sure where that Spider Shield is, but I got some armor sets in this area that helped with poison resists and got past the area, just made it back to Firelink. Was there supposed to be a boss here? That stupid Octopus is tied down and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to kill it or something.

Spider shield is located in
the depths, on the ledge above the giant rat

The_Monk

I'm standing in front of
capra demon
Boss with a summon sign.

I need help in this one... =/

If anyone is near this one, and see my sign let me know, please please! Thank you!

MikeE21286 said:

I'm probably gonna start over (I picked Wanderer class with Blessing of the Goddess gift) with a ranged class.

My question is....So I beat the first boss and go to the second area. Is the only place I can go is to take the lift down into the Ruins? Those ghosts down there seriously messed me up lol.

LOL

Absolute wrong place to go.

If you beat the first boss, cross the bridge. Run on the right side w/ a shield up to block arrows. Start running about 1/6 of the way, 1/2 way there is a staircase on the right, make it there. Proceed from there.

MikeE21286 said:

Yeah same here. I'm a pyromancer and they 2 hit me to death.

Orayn

MikeE21286 said:

There's a flight of stairs leading uphill that will take you to the Undead Burg. If you're some kind of insane Dark Souls prodigy, you can also go to The Catacombs as your first area by fighting your way through the graveyard. (Probably not worth trying, those skeletons are jerks.)

BeeDog

Can someone provide the spawn points of NPC dark spirits/invaders? I know of the following:

1. The one at the bottom of Blighttown (that drops a Butcher Knife, I think)
2. The one in Painted World
3. The one in Tomb of the Giants

hteng said:
meh, there's no bonfires there, you are gonna use the darkroot basin bonfire? still have to run past 5 drakes though. firelink is way too far to farm efficiently.

elemental damage is whacky, my Lightning Zweihander +5 does less damage than my black knight great sword +5. my Zweihander +15 with lightning/fire pine does the most damage. I killed the gargolye in 4 hits in NG+.

If you can wait to the end of the game, 5 black knights drop chunks 100%. Farm them for NG+

hteng said:

Better than NG+-ing it again for another slab :D

Orayn

BeeDog said:
Can someone provide the spawn points of NPC dark spirits/invaders? I know of the following:

1. The one at the bottom of Blighttown (that drops a Butcher Knife, I think)
2. The one in Painted World
3. The one in Tomb of the Giants
"Knight Kirk" invades you in the Depths if you go past a certain point in human form. I don't think he drops anything good, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom