• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntown

Banned
bunbun777 said:
That fog ring is too sweet but isn't it only good for when either you invade or are being invaded?
It won't be for much longer once they patch it so people can lock on. Then it will be nice but fog users will not have an huge advantage over non fog ring users

Seraphis Cain said:
So at SL70, what would be the best boss for me to help people out with? I figure I'm too high leveled to get summoned for fair amount of the bosses at this point, unless I get summoned for NG+, and I'd rather not run into that bug that sets your difficulty at NG+ even if you aren't there yet.

Around there, the 2nd and 3rd Demon bosses I summoned people in that range I think.

Dammit, From, they need some SL scaling so we can summon anyone above us :|

Kyoufu

UUUUUUUGH

How does one open the stone door at the Chaos Covenant? I offered her all the humanity in the world but it doesn't open :(

Guevara said:
Damn I'm screwed. I haven't had too much trouble so far at any one spot, though Blight Town waylaid me for a bit, as did Sens. I never took much time to level up, but I'm worried I'm going to run into a wall if I don't grind.

That brings up another question: are there really no shortcuts through Sen's Fortress? I don't really want to go through it again.

I edited, did you get the lightning spear in Sen's Fortress? And once you beat those bosses you can warp from select bonfires, so that's your shortcut :|

Kyoufu said:
UUUUUUUGH

How does one open the stone door at the Chaos Covenant? I offered her all the humanity in the world but it doesn't open :(

Stone door....what?

Deadstar

So I killed ceaseless discharge and continued my way into the ruins in the same area. I found a boss and I'm getting completely stomped. I'm around lvl 50. Should I continue to try to kill this thing or did I go the complete wrong way?

Previously I had gone through the catacombs, past the tomb of giants and was stopped by the yellow fog. That fog is no longer there but instead of going down there again I somehow ended up in the ceaseless discharge area. Should I go back to the tomb of giants?

Kyoufu

Guevara said:
Damn I'm screwed. I haven't had too much trouble so far at any one spot, though Blight Town waylaid me for a bit, as did Sens. I never took much time to level up, but I'm worried I'm going to run into a wall if I don't grind.

That brings up another question: are there really no shortcuts through Sen's Fortress? I don't really want to go through it again.

Get the cage key down the stairs from the merchant, then you can take the cages up and down the fortress.

bitoriginal

GAF, I need someone to answer this right now.

I invaded someone by using the red eye orb. Turns out he was afk. So I proceed to attempt to kil him. I used 4 greater fireballs, 8 great combustions, and backstabbed him at least 25 times before he died.

Is this guy a glitcher or what?

Kyoufu said:
UUUUUUUGH

You need to give her 30 humanity.

Edit: Just started a new game as a Wanderer. Surprisingly my Schimtar did next to no damage to the bosses and I had to use Firebombs on Taurus and Gold Pine Resin on the Gargoyles to win.

def sim

Dorrin said:
My sorc is at Lvl22 and ready to face the Capra Demon.
Vit 10
End 10,
Int 26 ish.
Equipment is Rapier + 2, Heater Shield, Wolf Ring, Elite Knight helm, rest leather armor. The bandits and the dogs getting here gave me some troubles, first time I felt my sorc wobble as a character, they were just very fast for a caster.

How bad is this going to be?

Pretty tough with those stats. He's the only early boss that gives pure sorcerer builds trouble. Be sure to take advantage of the roll invincibility frames, not always stay locked on, and try to take the two dogs out while running up the stairs and back.

Guevara

demosthenes said:
I edited, did you get the lightning spear in Sen's Fortress? And once you beat those bosses you can warp from select bonfires, so that's your shortcut :|
Nope :( I didn't do much looting in Sen's. I guess I need to to find the spear, then kill the bosses, then the world will open up a bit.

orion434

demosthenes said:

This reminds me how the Mimmic ate me, then somehow fell through the elevator and I'm out a Lightning Spear.

Guevara said:

There is.
The cages just below the boss can be taken to the opening bridge. To open the cage you need the key in opposite tower. You have to sprint across the bridge to make the jump.

bitoriginal said:

I invaded someone by using the red eye orb. Turns out he was afk. So I proceed to attempt to kil him. I used 4 greater fireballs, 8 great combustions, and backstabbed him at least 25 times before he died.

If you had a decent weapon, I don't see how 25 backstabs wouldn't be enough to kill even someone w/ 99vit....

Kyoufu said:
Get the cage key down the stairs from the merchant, then you can take the cages up and down the fortress.

Never knew that, awesome.

Guevara said:
Nope :( I didn't do much looting in Sen's. I guess I need to to find the spear, then kill the bosses, then the world will open up a bit.

Lightning spear will be OP @ your SL, get it.

casabolg

Banned
dssolairewallpaper.jpg
Wallpaper for you guys!

Kalnos

Banned
demosthenes said:
Not Quelaag, if you kill
her sister it kills the warp.

Uhm, unless they changed this you can definitely still warp there. I killed her and the firekeeper in Anor Lando and can still warp to both bonfires.

knitoe

Guevara said:
You can't warp between bonfires until you kill the Ando bosses which is the next step. And, there's a shortcut for Sen fortress. Before you Sen boss, you can unlock a cage and drop it down to bridge at entrance. Then, you can use it to travel up and down.

RyanDG

bitoriginal said:

Are you on the Xbox version? Because from what I've read, there are some save game hacks floating around that will allow people to modify stuff like their stats while maintaining a low sould level.

Outside of that - I don't think anyone should've been able to take that sort of damage...

bitoriginal

demosthenes said:
If you had a decent weapon, I don't see how 25 backstabs wouldn't be enough to kill even someone w/ 99vit....

I've got a +5 lightning spear, so it really doesnt make any sense. Definitely turns me off from pvp though. I mean, whats the point if i'm going to run into people like that?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So how much am I missing out on my not making my character human again?

I'm still under level 20 and just went through
The "residential" area or whatever that you can get to by using the basement key on the dragon bridge door. It's the place where you get attacked by dogs and rogues, connects to the aqueduct in Firelink Shrine.

Haven't fiddled with the online features that much save for reading/rating messages.

Kyoufu

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
I thinking betraying/quitting a covenent lowers your standing (level) with the covenent so maybe that happened and you have to fulfill the level 3 requirements.

Okay, in total I've given her 120+ humanity. Obtaining Rank 3 for my 2nd time. I don't understand why the door won't open again. :(

RyanDG

33-Hit-Combo said:
Oh fuck New Londo Ruins. NG+
slime demon
just laps up my attacks. I think it's gonna take about 8 single handed hits.

Fire damage if you have it. Those things go down quicker than anything even in NG+ with a high level fire damage weapon.

x3r0123

bunbun777 said:
That fog ring is too sweet but isn't it only good for when either you invade or are being invaded?

reduces agro as enemies cant see that well. You also lose agro alot faster. In terms of pvp and once the patch kicks in, it wont be op

bitoriginal

RyanDG said:
Are you on the Xbox version? Because from what I've read, there are some save game hacks floating around that will allow people to modify stuff like their stats while maintaining a low sould level.

Outside of that - I don't think anyone should've been able to take that sort of damage...

Yeah I am on the xbox. Completely unreal that people would do that shit, I mean, really, wheres the fun in that?

Wimps

I'm starting to get really fucking pissed here.

Fighting the end boss of Painted World, I know she's really easy and all. And I get alot of hits off with my lightning spear, but there's one problem. She stays invisible for the entire fight. My Pyromancing skills suck, so they barely ever hit, pretty much my crystal halberd hitting her for like 15 times and she never pops back to visible mode.

Baha

Seraphis Cain said:
So at SL70, what would be the best boss for me to help people out with? I figure I'm too high leveled to get summoned for fair amount of the bosses at this point, unless I get summoned for NG+, and I'd rather not run into that bug that sets your difficulty at NG+ even if you aren't there yet.

The Painted World of Ariamis. I'm SL 73 and have been summoned over 10 times. it's a relatively small dungeon with an easy black phantom NPC and easy boss. Also you can farm the crows there for souvenirs of reprisal (Required for ranking in Blade of the Darkmoon covenant) but it's rare drop so expect to spend some time there if you're gonna farm.

RyanDG said:
Fire damage if you have it. Those things go down quicker than anything even in NG+ with a high level fire damage weapon.

Fraid not... I accidentally hit the relevant Smith near the end of NG while trying to protect him. So I had to end him. Had to. To test how strong I was haha.

Kalnos

Banned
demosthenes said:
Wat. Explain your deeds.

Activate bonfire, get warp item, you are able to warp to that bonfire. Kill firekeeper, you're still able to warp there, however, the bonfire will be disabled once you get there.

Baha

Wimps said:

Fighting the end boss of Painted World, I know she's really easy and all. And I get alot of hits off with my lightning spear, but there's one problem. She stays invisible for the entire fight. My Pyromancing skills suck, so they barely ever hit, pretty much my crystal halberd hitting her for like 15 times and she never pops back to visible mode.

Fire damage does make her appear, so use fire storm if you have it to make her visible. Other than that, watch the snow for her footprints, she's an easy boss once you know what her gimmick is.

knitoe

Wimps said:

You can see hear foot prints in the snow. Launch a fireball and she will become visible

Wimps said:

Fire is supposed to get her to return instantly, you're watching the snow for her feet right?

And you 2 hand her from behind @ the start? I was able to get like 1/2 her health off just from my first few hits.

Kalnos said:
Activate bonfire, get warp item, you are able to warp to that bonfire. Kill firekeeper, you're still able to warp there, however, the bonfire will be disabled once you get there.

Hmm, now that you mention it, I think that's accurate.

Wimps said:

You can 1. watch the snow for her footprints. 2. Shoot an arrow at her to begin the fight.

Dresden said:
Just beware that its scaling is shit and that it should be modified into an elemental weapon to take advantage of that. It's basically a longer katana.

The Iaito is a fine weapon, you really can't go wrong with it imo. I mean, the R2 is SO SEXY.

This, 1000x this.

I'm drooling over new game plus where I can get another and put some other upgrade path on it... mine is currently divine and that's okay, but I'm sure I'd rather it be lightning or fire or some other path.

finalozzo said:
i have the sword of astora but it sucks.

How? I used that sword over the drake sword until I made a longsword+10 and found the lightning spear.

---------------

Any place to *find* a washing pole? Not really looking forward to getting Shiva to appear again so I can buy it in NG+.

Kyoufu

Wimps said:

Anything with fire on it (pyro, weapon) will reveal her after a stagger. So a 3 hit combo with the Quelaag Furysword for example will reveal her for a long time.

demosthenes said:
What's the purpose of opening the door?

A shortcut to the titanite demon so I can farm it.

RaPt[+]R

Neo Member
I'm going to start Dark Souls this week and would like some character-building advice. I want to create a magic-focused character. I have read here on GAF and elsewhere that "wanderer" is the best starting class for a magic build. Is this generally accurate?

Second, does anyone have advice concerning how I should play my magic character at the start of the game? Are there certain items I should strive to get sooner than later? Certain areas I should go to before others?

I played Demon Souls extensively; however, I always used a melee build. Looking to change things up this time around.

Thanks for any advice offered!

LiK

commish said:
By accident I hit him. Then I killed him w/o knowing you could pay the debt off.
Oh, pressed the wrong button eh...hehe. Kinda cool you can get rid of hostility. Can't do that in Demon's

FINALBOSS

Banned
The_Monk said:
I'm standing in front of
capra demon
Boss with a summon sign.

I need help in this one... =/

If anyone is near this one, and see my sign let me know, please please! Thank you!

I beat the game already as a sorc/pyro and started a new game as a melee/pyro...I beat the Capra in 1 try on my crappier guy and have some tips if you'd like.

The second you go through the fog, run up the stairs, the dogs will chase you, kill them quickly.

Capra will now start going up the stairs to hit you so jump off the side. He'll then jump off the side as well and when he lands, he'll be stunned for a few seconds. Take some whacks and repeat the process. Super easy that way.

Wimps

Thanks for all the tips guys, but I know I can watch her feet. Now everytime I run in, the fight starts immediately, no more talking. Should I run in when she starts the snowstorm and hit her while 2h'ing a weapon? Do I have time for that?

I pretty much only have the basic Pyro skills (Combustion, Fireball) so I'll just try to hit her and she'll go down sooner or later I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom