• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

hteng

Banned
oracrest said:
Character shots anyone?

i'll bite

QWCU8.jpg

YnGAc.jpg

xekPH.jpg

Tfa1y.jpg

u0ZiM.jpg

K' Dash

FuttBuck said:
Will I be able to get lightning put onto my scimitar in Sen's fortress? I'm using a Iaito +5 right now because my scimitar is only +7 but I wanna be prepared. Also, is there any merchant that sells Large Titanite Shards? Or do I have to farm them? (Idk where).

-You'll be able to make lightning weapons in Anor Londo, that's after you beat the boss in Sen's Fortress.

-There's a merchant selling large Titanite in Sen's for 4000 Souls a Piece, just be aware that you need the large ember to upgrade weapons from 11 - 14.

johntown said:
No only in the Forest Area where all the NPC's are.

If you get killed while invading you don't lose anything and you just go back to where you were.

Don't know about NG+ bug but now you have me worry because I have been summoned killed players and been killed myself.

This isn't accurate, you can get summoned from anywhere in the game as long as you have the ring on.

If you are killed you go back to your LAST bonfire.

If you win, you go back to right where you were.

Gregorn

demosthenes said:
Was thinking of making the Iaito my +15 weapon. Made my Murakumo (sp?) into fire yesterday.

My Iaito is +15, I have 31 dex and it does 319 damage. My Lightning Estoc+1 does 322. =/

FROM plans to fix the stat scaling with the next patch since it's so unbalanced right now.

frequency

Darklord said:
Oh. But that needs 2 humanity right? 1 to turn human, 1 to kindle?
Yeah which is why I save up to 2 humanity before I use it. Kindling is permanent so dying afterwards isn't a problem.

33-Hit-Combo said:
Just what the fuck at New Londo on NG+

Really difficult? More ghosts?

Spiffy_1st said:
My Iaito is +15, I have 31 dex and it does 319 damage. My Lightning Estoc+1 does 322. =/

FROM plans to fix the stat scaling with the next patch since it's so unbalanced right now.

Well I want the +15 to at least get the trophy :p

Darklord

Banned
frequency said:
Yeah which is why I save up to 2 humanity before I use it. Kindling is permanent so dying afterwards isn't a problem.

Is it worth saving for later? Or just use it? I have like 5 humanity things I can use.

kyubajin

This is ridiculous... OT 3 already and my bloody game is still MIA. I'm never ever using anything but Amazon for day 1 purchases again :(

frequency

Darklord said:
Is it worth saving for later? Or just use it? I have like 5 humanity things I can use.
I use humanity (but not from items) to kindle just because I don't like the risk of losing them if I die and can't make it back to my bloodstain.

I save up the humanity items for covenant stuff. I wouldn't use those items just to kindle unless you really need the 5 additional Estus charges for the area. You might want to save them for "just in case" you get stuck at a boss.

Some weapons do more damage with more humanity. Your "Item Discovery" stat also increases with more humanity.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Agent White said:
pfft blighttown...you need the master key man
skip that shit
I'm playing a thief and I found
the shortcut from the BLIGHT TOWN SIDE because I entered it through the depths.
fffuuuuuuuuuuuu

Wow, OT3 already, GAF, I knew OT2 was close last night but I didn't think we'd be here so soon!
I think I'm going to spend my 3 million souls today on level ups finally so I can go do some dangerous stuff and die over and over again without losing much XD. I'm probably going to lose the 43 humanity I have on me and that will be a shame... but oh well. I'm going to bring my attunement up from 34 all the way to 50, I think, for the max of 10 attunement slots, and then throw two points in INT to bring it to 55 because I NEED to do more damage, even if the scaling sucks, my damage output sucks and that's all I can do to make it better.

edit: heh, for some reason I thought I would be on that list, Kalnos, but I guess I play this game far more than actually posting in here! :p
Also, I think this post just made me a member, yay!

feel

Subscribed.

Started this yesterday just to try for a bit and i couldn't let go of the controller ("just a few
minutes more, just a few
minutes more..") and ended up going to bed 3 hours past the time I should (paying for it today at work). Amazing experience so far, so unique, beautiful and engrossing. Trying to avoid ever asking for help on gaf and just learning stuff by myself (did read the miniguide on the OT to get familiar with the basic stuff
I should know). Kinda desperare to get home and resume playing (missed that feeling).

K' Dash said:
Now that you're doing that covenant, I have some questions:

-Can Alvina summon you anytime in any part of the game?
-What happens if you get killed?

and the most important:

-Can I get the NG+ bug if I get summoned?
Alvina can summon you anywhere when you're wearing the ring. Once you do get summon, I switch it out for my ring of fog. You can place a summon sign down in another area and farm while waiting to be summoned by another player or Alvina.
If you get killed, you get placed back where you were summoned. If you win, you get souls and a pillage item from the trespasser. It was how I got some titanite chunks.

Baha

Darklord said:
Oh. But that needs 2 humanity right? 1 to turn human, 1 to kindle?

Yes. Being human also increases your resistances and slightly increases your item discovery.

zerokoolpsx said:
Alvina can summon you anywhere when you're wearing the ring. Once you do get summon, I switch it out for my ring of fog. You can place a summon sign down in another area and farm while waiting to be summoned by another player or Alvina.
If you get killed, you get placed back where you were summoned. If you win, you get souls and a pillage item from the trespasser. It was how I got some titanite chunks.

Pretty sure that's wrong. If you are killed you go back to your last bonfire. If you win you go to where you were.

Darklord

Banned
OH FUCK YOU CAMERA. Almost beat the gargoyle boss' and the camera flips out, couldn't see where I am. One breaths fire and makes the framerate go to like 5fps and I fall off.

demosthenes said:
Really difficult? More ghosts?

They can go suck a dick. They're relentless, my Dragon Tooth +5 (with 50 STR) needs 2 hits to kill them, unless I go single handed. My other weapons don't do enough damage. I don't mind taking it slowly, but if you can't take them out quickly enough they will surround and overwhelm you. You can barely walk around. I've died about 10 times there now.

Also I am ashamed of my post count.

33-Hit-Combo said:
They can go suck a dick. They're relentless, my Dragon Tooth +5 (with 50 STR) needs 2 hits to kill them, unless I go single handed. My other weapons don't do enough damage. I don't mind taking it slowly, but if you can't take them out quickly enough they will surround and overwhelm you. You can barely walk around. I've died about 10 times there now.

Really? Two hits for a melee build? They're two hits for me from my magic battle axe as well on NG+. I REALLY hope that doesn't change to 3 hits on NG++, that would be terrible... need to increase my damage output somehow

K' Dash

Darklord said:
OH FUCK YOU CAMERA. Almost beat the gargoyle boss' and the camera flips out, couldn't see where I am. One breaths fire and makes the framerate go to like 5fps and I fall off.

The camera fucked me twice until now, with fucking Sif, and the Gargoyles in Anor Londo, those fucker jump and get behind you and you loose target and when you're trying to turn they fuck you up.

Kicked their sorry asses anyway.

StunandStab said:
Really? Two hits for a melee build? They're two hits for me from my magic battle axe as well on NG+. I REALLY hope that doesn't change to 3 hits on NG++, that would be terrible... need to increase my damage output somehow

Yeah... The wind up on my weapon is pretty bad as it is. My alternative weapon is a spear but that needs like, 5 hits!

Baha

33-Hit-Combo said:

Try a fire or lightning based +10-15 weapon.

KAOz

Short bus special
Sullichin said:
I'm in Anor Londo and only found one firekeeper soul so far, my estus is only +1. How many have I missed?

3, maybe 4?

I don't know. I think I was +4 when I got to Anor Londo.

Wimps

K' Dash said:
The camera fucked me twice until now, with fucking Sif, and the Gargoyles in Anor Londo, those fucker jump and get behind you and you loose target and when you're trying to turn they fuck you up.

Kicked their sorry asses anyway.
Fucking this.

Camera system with lock on is quite horrible. Lazy gamers don't want to lock off and lock on again From!

Starter here. Pyro-class and defeated the Taurus Demon, but fell to the spear soldier under the dragon. Back at the undead burg. :(

KAOz

Short bus special
Sullichin said:
Damn, I don't know how that happened. Wtf. I explore!

Keep in mind that you can get at least 1 before Anor Londo, by killing a certain firekeeper aswell. But yeah, they are also thrown about all around the world.

hteng

Banned
33-Hit-Combo said:
Yeah... The wind up on my weapon is pretty bad as it is. My alternative weapon is a spear but that needs like, 5 hits!

time to bust out that greatsword or ultra greatsword. or craft yourself the cursed Sword of Astorius.

still takes two hits if i wield my black knight sword single handly but dies in 1 hit if 2handed. ultra greatsword kills them in one hit but it's slow and there isn't alot of space to move.

Darklord said:

summon the NPC to help you. Lock on is not necessary in that fight, the gargolyes are big enough to hit easily unless you are using some really narrow weapon.

ZeroRay

Fratkabula said:
Starter here. Pyro-class and defeated the Taurus Demon, but fell to the spear soldier under the dragon. Back at the undead burg. :(

Hope you unlocked the shortcut. You'll be back at the spear soldier in like 20 seconds.

atomsk

Party Pooper
made it to the bonfire in Dukes where people are actually putting down summon signs

and for the past 15 minutes

SUMMONING FAILED
SUMMONING FAILED
SUMMONING FAILED

Some days it works without any issues, today is not one of those days

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Fratkabula said:
You did better than me. When I beat that guy, I got owned
when the dragon breathed fire down the bridge

hteng said:
time to bust out that greatsword or ultra greatsword. or craft yourself the cursed Sword of Astorius.

still takes two hits if i wield my black knight sword single handly but dies in 1 hit if 2handed. ultra greatsword kills them in one hit but it's slow and there isn't alot of space to move.

God I just got killed again. I can't handle this. Admittedly I'm right at the beginning on NG+, but I don't wanna keep levelling! I've got an ultra great sword, but I swear its windup is the same :(

x3r0123

BeeDog said:
Holy fucking shit, even basic enemies hit hard during NG+. :( Hold me.

according to the guidebook. common enemies like zombies got the most buffed. Whereas, uncommon enemies didnt as much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom