• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Monk said:
I'm standing in front of
capra demon
Boss with a summon sign.

I need help in this one... =/

If anyone is near this one, and see my sign let me know, please please! Thank you!

uh, if someone uses your summon, you will get summoned into their game, and when you return to yours, the Capra demon will still be there. You need to use someone ELSE'S summon sign.

MikeE21286 said:
So I'm early in the game, and finding I'm pretty terrible.

I'm probably gonna start over (I picked Wanderer class with Blessing of the Goddess gift) with a ranged class.

My question is....So I beat the first boss and go to the second area. Is the only place I can go is to take the lift down into the Ruins? Those ghosts down there seriously messed me up lol.

Nah, don't go down until much later. Go upward (stairs alongside the cliff behind the firelink shrine) to Undead Burg and finished those areas first. Also, one of the best starting gifts is twin humanity since you can buff up that first bonfire in undead burg early.

BeeDog said:
Can someone provide the spawn points of NPC dark spirits/invaders? I know of the following:

1. The one at the bottom of Blighttown (that drops a Butcher Knife, I think)
2. The one in Painted World
3. The one in Tomb of the Giants

Yes she does.

Kirk dude is in the demon area when you're about 1/2 way to the 2nd boss.

Orayn said:
"Knight Kirk" invades you in the Depths if you go past a certain point in human form. I don't think he drops anything good, though.

Forgot about that spot as well.

hteng

Banned
demosthenes said:
If you can wait to the end of the game, 5 black knights drop chunks 100%. Farm them for NG+

yea but we are talking about slabs, which they say only drop from darkwraiths in new londo, not a place i want to visit so much :/

finalozzo said:
where are these black knights?

in the final final area, Kiln of the Flame something, all your blackknight equipments can be farmed there. after you finish that area it's NG+

The_Monk

DigitalDevil said:
uh, if someone uses your summon, you will get summoned into their game, and when you return to yours, the Capra demon will still be there. You need to use someone ELSE'S summon sign.

Oh... Thanks.

I need someone to leave a summon there, but nobody shows up... =/

The_Monk said:
Oh... Thanks.

The way the servers are right now sucks.

Let's say there are 20 lobbys you can join. You join lobby 1. There could be people your SL putting a sign down in lobbies 2-20 but you don't see it b/c you're in lobby 1. It's stupid.

edit: From should steal the idea from Square in FFXI. You can party w/ lower level people and your gear/stats scale down. This would be an amazing addition to help people out, b/c @ SL 95 or so or w/e, I'd love to be able to help without rerolling a character.

Raxus

commish said:
Anyone use "fire" weapons?

Protip for newbies: DON'T KILL ANDRE THE BLACKSMITH.
It doesn't help the blacksmith for fire weapons has to be located in the worst spot of all time.

demosthenes said:
LOL

Absolute wrong place to go.

If you beat the first boss, cross the bridge. Run on the right side w/ a shield up to block arrows. Start running about 1/6 of the way, 1/2 way there is a staircase on the right, make it there. Proceed from there.

haha, figures.

Maybe I didn't beat the first "boss" then, because I'm not sure of the area you're describing

I beat the
Asylum Demon
in the first area and then was
transported to Firelink Shrine by like a bird or something --- a creature of some sort --- and then plopped down there
Maybe I did something wrong and should have gone somewhere else in that first area after defeating what I thought was the first boss.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Raxus said:
It doesn't help the blacksmith for fire weapons has to be located in the worst spot of all time.

Fuck, I had no idea.

Haha, I hate this game sometimes. Maybe I'll just go with a magic build then.

K' Dash

The_Monk said:
Oh... Thanks.

It depends on your level 10% up or down, someone will show up, I recomend summoning 2 players for maximum satisfaction :D

The_Monk said:
Oh... Thanks.

Try waiting a short amount of time (1-2 minutes) and then exiting the game and re-entering. The general consensus is that this resets your lobby and you may land somewhere where people are putting their sign down. Also remember that you can only summon those +/- 10% of your current SL so if you are really under or over-leveled that may also be causing the problem. Don't lose hope!

The_Monk

demosthenes said:
The way the servers are right now sucks.

Let's say there are 20 lobbys you can join. You join lobby 1. There could be people your SL putting a sign down in lobbies 2-20 but you don't see it b/c you're in lobby 1. It's stupid.

edit: From should steal the idea from Square in FFXI. You can party w/ lower level people and your gear/stats scale down. This would be an amazing addition to help people out, b/c @ SL 95 or so or w/e, I'd love to be able to help without rerolling a character.

And I just got summoned and the guy didn't do anything and I died... and no humanity now, bah.

I need some tank to block it while I kill him.

I have some twin humanity but I can't risk it to use them this will happen again =/

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
rogerroger22 said:
I thought the humanity thing was - when killing NPCs in an area, you seem to randomly gain humanity (ie: not as a dropped item, your actual stat goes up). This happens when the boss is still alive, and maxes out at 10.

This specifically relates to how certain common enemies drop humanity items upon being killed. The information is shown in the guide as a table (Method | Quantity) with what I wrote being a single row entry.

Point being there are a whole bunch of ways to gain humanity, but this method is the only one with the 10 drop limit is specified.

I beat Anor Londo and killed Ceaseless Discharge. Is there a reason to go to Catacombs or New Londo first, or should I just choose one?

Also I would like to note about the Daughter of Chaos covenant:
I was wondering why I couldn't warp to a good bonfire in Blighttown or Demon's Ruins...Now I know. If I kill her, do I no longer get to warp to that bonfire?

hteng

Banned
Sir Garbageman said:
So what's the best non-glitchy way to take out the red dragon on the bridge?

semi Glitchy way, and it's not fool proof. you have to pray his downward flame attack doesn't killl you in one hit and he doesn't use it often.

start by standing on the side where the flames can't hit you, shoot an arrow at him, immediately run towards his landing spot, hit him once and swiftly retreat back downstairs. He will fly back if he can't find you, rinse and repeat.

sometimes if you are unlucky, upon landing he will do the downward flame attack and almost always kill anyone below it.

it's impossible to fight him on the bridge for long. His other attacks are also cheap because all of them will knock you down.

MikeE21286 said:
haha, figures.

Maybe I didn't beat the first "boss" then, because I'm not sure of the area you're describing

I beat the
Asylum Demon
in the first area and then was
transported to Firelink Shrine by like a bird or something --- a creature of some sort --- and then plopped down there
Maybe I did something wrong and should have gone somewhere else in that first area after defeating what I thought was the first boss.

Sorry, I consider the first boss of the actual game, not the tutorial area.

Keep exploring the Burg, you'll find him eventually, it's through a fog door near the top of a tower. Protip: when you leave, look to your right, climb the ladder and kill the 2 skeles up there before going across the bridge to spawn the boss. Another tip to make the fight easier, use @ your own discretion:
Climb up the ladder in the fight, and when he gets close jump down and stab his head for lots of dmg :D

Finalow

well, who cares. enough with this shit.
REALLY, what the hell.
i played 3-4 hours for a shit of nothing. i tried to summon someone at the first bonfire in the tomb of giants, ok, wait wait wait OH i found one, but hey, he went away with the stone, the fuck man? Why did you put a sign if you don't want to play. after one minute someone invaded my world, mmmh... coincidence?
I was with 11 humanity and 7 rings of sacrifice, now i have 5 humanity and 4 rings of sacrifice.
did i beat the boss? Of course not.

the game is hard as hell, online works like shit and bugs are awful.

now when i try to summon someone i get invaded but i can quit the game before it's too late.
should i move to the second bonfire? Is it a better place to summon? In the first one i can summon one every 20 minutes.

commish said:
Fuck, I had no idea.

Haha, I hate this game sometimes. Maybe I'll just go with a magic build then.

I was asking about this a few posts above...

I didn't kill him but I aggravated him and the sin cost me 118000s. Is it worth it or just leave fire weapons for NG+?

Dorrin

My sorc is at Lvl22 and ready to face the Capra Demon.
Vit 10
End 10,
Int 26 ish.
Equipment is Rapier + 2, Heater Shield, Wolf Ring, Elite Knight helm, rest leather armor. The bandits and the dogs getting here gave me some troubles, first time I felt my sorc wobble as a character, they were just very fast for a caster.

How bad is this going to be?

prodystopian said:
I beat Anor Londo and killed Ceaseless Discharge. Is there a reason to go to Catacombs or New Londo first, or should I just choose one?

Also I would like to note about the Daughter of Chaos covenant:
I was wondering why I couldn't warp to a good bonfire in Blighttown or Demon's Ruins...Now I know. If I kill her, do I no longer get to warp to that bonfire?

Not Quelaag, if you kill
her sister it kills the warp.

elohel

what level are you guys? I'm 41? I think like 30-40 hours in and I'm still at sens fortress lol think I'm the worst dark souls player here but think the game is great

Orayn

Clear said:
This specifically relates to how certain common enemies drop humanity items upon being killed. The information is shown in the guide as a table (Method | Quantity) with what I wrote being a single row entry.

Point being there are a whole bunch of ways to gain humanity, but this method is the only one with the 10 drop limit is specified.
We also know that gaining humanity via co-op, PvP, and merchants is unlimited.

bunbun777

Kirk shows up 3 times as an invading phantom if you manage to kill him each time then you get his bad ace armor that hurts people with rolling power.

Also I know how nice it is to use Havel's ring or a hp extender or the many other utility type rings, but imo there are really only 2 rings to wear most of the time. They both look like snakes and one is gold, the other silver.
gold = increase drop rate from 100 to 300, silver = 20% more souls

I am looking forward to making a new uber weapon when my strength gets up there, right now I have been quite happy with Quelaag's Furysword +5. I like to 2 hand it and get all up in there. Sometimes it does not pay to lock on to your targets, sometimes it does.

-- Oh and about summoning. I was getting nothing but 100% failed summons before the Centipede boss and I just quit the game and relogged on. Summoned 2 spirits right after that no prob.

finalozzo said:
well, who cares. enough with this shit.
REALLY, what the hell.
i played 3-4 hours for a shit of nothing. i tried to summon someone at the first bonfire in the tomb of giants, ok, wait wait wait OH i found one, but hey, he went away with the stone, the fuck man? Why did you put a sign if you don't want to play. after one minute someone invaded my world, mmmh... coincidence?
I was with 11 humanity and 7 rings of sacrifice, now i have 5 humanity and 4 rings of sacrifice.
did i beat the boss? Of course not.

the game is hard as hell, online works like shit and bugs are awful.

now when i try to summon someone i get invaded but i can quit the game before it's too late.
should i move to the second bonfire? Is it a better place to summon? In the first one i can summon one every 20 minutes.

Do you have a divine weapon? Makes the boss there really easy.

elohel said:
what level are you guys? I'm 41? I think like 30-40 hours in and I'm still at sens fortress lol think I'm the worst dark souls player here but think the game is great

Around 95 w/ 90 hours or so probably, still on my first game. I loveeeee it. I have I think 2 areas left now.

Dorrin said:
Vit 10
End 10,
Int 26 ish.
Equipment is Rapier + 2, Heater Shield, Wolf Ring, Elite Knight helm, rest leather armor. The bandits and the dogs getting here gave me some troubles, first time I felt my sorc wobble as a character, they were just very fast for a caster.

Take the speed of the undead assassin's, and multiply their size by five, in a room only slightly wider than the hallway leading up to Capra, and you'll have a pretty good idea.

x3r0123

bunbun777 said:
Kirk shows up 3 times as an invading phantom if you manage to kill him each time then you get his bad ace armor that hurts people with rolling power.

Also I know how nice it is to use Havel's ring or a hp extender or the many other utility type rings, but imo there are really only 2 rings to wear most of the time. They both look like snakes and one is gold, the other silver.
gold = increase drop rate from 100 to 300, silver = 20% more souls

I am looking forward to making a new uber weapon when my strength gets up there, right now I have been quite happy with Quelang's Furysword +5. I like to 2 hand it and get all up in there. Sometimes it does not pay to lock on to your targets, sometimes it does.

well i'm rocking with heavy armor, Dark Wood Grain Ring and fog ring. Makes runs painless

Shit, now that I posted that From should copy the FFXI scaling thing, I really really want From to add it, that would make this amazing, be able to help anyone at anytime, shit I want it bad.

Dorrin said:
Vit 10
End 10,
Int 26 ish.

No you're not.

Kidding. Difficulty on Capra really depends on how good you are and a bit of luck with the lock on and dogs. I think you may have trouble though.

Don

Arriving in Anor Londo for the first time is pretty amazing.

The archers here are kicking my ass though. Their arrows hit way too hard.

demosthenes said:
Sorry, I consider the first boss of the actual game, not the tutorial area.

Keep exploring the Burg, you'll find him eventually, it's through a fog door near the top of a tower. Protip: when you leave, look to your right, climb the ladder and kill the 2 skeles up there before going across the bridge to spawn the boss. Another tip to make the fight easier, use @ your own discretion:
Climb up the ladder in the fight, and when he gets close jump down and stab his head for lots of dmg :D

Yeah, that's how I killed him.
I jumped off the fog door at the top and took away half his damage

I think we're getting all tied up here. after you leave the Asylum, the tutorial level/first level (after you've killed the
Asylum Demon
) that's where I'm at.

My goal now is to
Ring the 2 bells of awakening
. One is in the
Undead Church
and the other is in
Blighttown I believe
. To get to one of them you have to go through some ruins by taking a life down below to some ruins.

I'm assuming that's the wrong way? Or at least the wrong place to go first...

MikeE21286 said:
Yeah, that's how I killed him.
I jumped off the fog door at the top and took away half his damage

I think we're getting all tied up here. after you leave the Asylum, the tutorial level/first level (after you've killed the
Asylum Demon
) that's where I'm at.

My goal now is to
Ring the 2 bells of awakening
. One is in the [/spoiler]Undead Church[/spoiler] and the other is in [/spoiler] Blighttown I believe[/spoiler]. To get to one of them you have to go through some ruins by taking a life down below to some ruins.

I'm assuming that's the wrong way?

Don't go to the ruins unless you're going to talk to the blacksmith that's technically not even in the ruins.

Keep exploring Undead Burg and you'll find the boss I'm talking about and the stuff I said applies.

SYNTAX182

DigitalDevil said:
Spider shield is located in
the depths, on the ledge above the giant rat

Oh fuck, I completely forgot I missed that item up there. Time to backtrack. Thanks for the hint.

bunbun777

x3r0123 said:
well i'm rocking with heavy armor, Dark Wood Grain Ring and fog ring. Makes runs painless

That fog ring is too sweet but isn't it only good for when either you invade or are being invaded?

Guevara

I don't think I'm ready for Ornstein and Smough, but that's where I am. I'm about level 40, no particularly awesome weapons, but I got the
robes armor by Ceaseless Discharge
. I've tried the bosses about 3 times so far, but I never see summon signs and I'm low on humanity.

I am proud of myself for getting past the archer bitches.

Any tips? Should I grind a bit and level up some weapons?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
elohel said:

It's about how you enjoyed the game, fastest times its all about E-peins

Guevara said:
I don't think I'm ready for Ornstein and Smough, but that's where I am. I'm about level 40, no particularly awesome weapons, but I got the
. I've tried the bosses about 3 times so far, but I never see summon signs and I'm low on humanity.

I think I was 50s-60s for that :lol

Did you get the lightning spear from Sen's?

Guevara said:

If you are going to grind, I would suggest going to grind the rats for some humanity and getting help with the fight.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So at SL70, what would be the best boss for me to help people out with? I figure I'm too high leveled to get summoned for fair amount of the bosses at this point, unless I get summoned for NG+, and I'd rather not run into that bug that sets your difficulty at NG+ even if you aren't there yet.

FreeMufasa

Gonna deal with teh Fire cave boss when I get back home. Not the cesless crap, the one under. Had a quick run on him with no prep and I nearly beat it. Doesn't seem too difficult.

Guevara

demosthenes said:
I think I was 50s-60s for that :lol
Damn I'm screwed. I haven't had too much trouble so far at any one spot, though Blight Town waylaid me for a bit, as did Sens. I never took much time to level up, but I'm worried I'm going to run into a wall if I don't grind.
prodystopian said:
If you are going to grind, I would suggest going to grind the rats for some humanity and getting help with the fight.
That brings up another question: are there really no shortcuts through Sen's Fortress? I don't really want to go through it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom