• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna have to get good with them one way or another...
Lq9LB.png

Noaloha

I'm not talking about the giant dude who drops the boulders. If you stand looking at that giant from the roof, so that the room you need to jump a gap to reach is on your left, off to the far right of the level is a whole other area and there's a large demon-type enemy just chilling out. There seems to be a set of stairs leading down from where the Giant's enormous pile of rocks is, but the rocks entirely block off any access. Go take a look.

Facism

Toodles said:
I'm not talking about the giant dude who drops the boulders. If you stand looking at that giant from the roof, so that the room you need to jump a gap to reach is on your left, off to the far right of the level is a whole other area and there's a large demon-type enemy just chilling out. There seems to be a set of stairs leading down from where the Giant's enormous pile of rocks is, but the rocks entirely block off any access. Go take a look.

You can do a running jump from that walkway you mentioned.

nm you say you're not talking about the dude who drops the trap boulder. There are 3 gianta. The one throwing flaming balls which you reach as you get to the fog door to the boss. There's the one dropping the boulders you had to dodge in the fortress, which can be reached via a running leap from the platform you mentioned. The other giant is reached at the beginning of sen's fortress.

The first walkway with the scythes, you need to drop to your left almost immediately. You may get ruined by titanite demons. There is a door you can enter and a ladder. At the top of that ladder, there's a false wall that leads to another ladder, which takes you to the 3rd golem.

Noaloha

Facism said:
You can do a running jump from that walkway you mentioned.
And just to be clear, that area, past the pile of boulders, grants access to the other set of rooftops on the far side of the level with what looks like a huge fat demon? Because I couldn't see a way past the pile of boulders.

EDIT: Yeah, my question had nothing to do with rock-dropper, other than it looked like access to the far roof could be found near his pile. Okay, sounds like it is accessed from the Titanite Demons then as an earlier poster mentioned. Iiiiinteresting.

Facism

Toodles said:
And just to be clear, that area, past the pile of boulders, grants access to the other set of rooftops on the far side of the level with what looks like a huge fat demon? Because I couldn't see a way past the pile of boulders.

EDIT: Yeah, my question had nothing to do with rock-dropper, other than it looked like access to the far roof could be found near his pile. Okay, sounds like it is accessed from the Titanite Demons then as an earlier poster mentioned. Iiiiinteresting.

The big giant fucker you see to the right of the rock-dropping golem is actually the area boss. There's no access from the rock dropper, once you get to the rock-dropper the only path you can take is the hole that he drops the rocks down :p

apologies if i'm missing the mark, 4 hours sleep in 4 days.

Septimius

Should I create Quelaag's Fury or Chaos Blade?

I see they're both B in DEX. QF has 90/0/270/0 at +5, and CB, 199/0/0/0 - but it scales with humanity.

Does anyone know how it scales with humanity?

Finalow

Septimius said:
Should I create Quelaag's Fury or Chaos Blade?

I see they're both B in DEX. QF has 90/0/270/0 at +5, and CB, 199/0/0/0 - but it scales with humanity.

Does anyone know how it scales with humanity?
it's a good weapon but not the best.
do you want the best? Black knight greataxe.

Septimius

Apparently both Fury and Chaos scale with humanity, so I guess it's Fury. I'll make Chaos Blade in NG+.

I hate axes. Maybe I'll use it for my second character.

Noaloha

Found a big painting in Anor Londo. I'm being given an opportunity to examine it. I assume this has to do with an area that I've seen mentioned earlier in the thread. Quick yes/no then: I'm SL40, Iaito +10, Eagle Shield, Longbow, no magicks, a tiny amount of pyromancy with a glove+4, cloth armour, 10 Estus+2s. Would examining the painting at this current moment in my career be a Bad Idea?

tass0

Banned
Just opened the "secret" door in Darkroot Garden with the Crest of Artorias.

Is there any better farming spot in the game?

I mean, this area is... not bad, but I need minimum 10k souls to LVL up 1 point now, so it's going to take aaaaaages. :/

demonkaze

tass0 said:

I mean, this area is... not bad, but I need minimum 10k souls to LVL up 1 point now, so it's going to take aaaaaages. :/

I was wondering this myself actually, i'm at SL 49 and was wondering about some good spots to farm. Also on that note, whats the best way to get demon titanite?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Toodles said:
Found a big painting in Anor Londo. I'm being given an opportunity to examine it. I assume this has to do with an area that I've seen mentioned earlier in the thread. Quick yes/no then: I'm SL40, Iaito +10, Eagle Shield, Longbow, no magicks, a tiny amount of pyromancy with a glove+4, cloth armour, 10 Estus+2s. Would examining the painting at this current moment in my career be a Bad Idea?
You'll be totally fine.

Kyoufu

tass0 said:

7k souls in 2 minutes, so a level every 5 ish minutes is "aaaaaaaages" ?

BeeDog

BeeDog said:
Hmm...

How do I trigger Solaire at the Anor Londo bonfire? I talked to him in Undead Burg, and I used his phantom for the Depths boss and the Bell boss, but he's not sitting at the bonfire in my NG+. What gives?

Anyone? Need Sunlight Medals and want to push his arc forward during NG+ again :(.

anddo0

Any light armor suggestions, for someone who is sick of wearing gold hemmed blk armor? Everyone is running around with it so...

Kyoufu said:
Can't wait for that crap to get fixed.
I agree. Its pvp idiots that made me over level so no one can touch me when im human. Level 370 now so no backstabbing fog ring bandit knife idiots to worry about. Havels armour and shield, great dragon sword +2, crystal ring shield pretty much destroys everything

lawblob said:
With help, just defeated Smough!
Those two guys drestroyed me a few times already. I killed the fat one but without help (playing in offline mode, also I seem to have no allies :D ) and only a few estus flask this is super hard for me. I need to find humanity to kindle the third bonfire! :O

Barrett2

So, after the 3rd bonfire in Anor Londo, do I have to backtrack past those two giant knights to get to the blacksmith?

Also,
boobs

Aguirre

okay, i have done something stupid. something i haven't done once, not even in my 4+ playthroughs of demon's souls. i have aggro'd a vital smith npc. is my only way out paying 40k+ souls do the dude atop the bell tower?

really?

Phat Michael said:
I agree. Its pvp idiots that made me over level so no one can touch me when im human. Level 370 now so no backstabbing fog ring bandit knife idiots to worry about. Havels armour and shield, great dragon sword +2, crystal ring shield pretty much destroys everything

did you glitch to get that high?

Aguirre said:
okay, i have done something stupid. something i haven't done once, not even in my 4+ playthroughs of demon's souls. i have aggro'd a vital smith npc. is my only way out paying 40k+ souls do the dude atop the bell tower?

really?
I've killed a merchant accidentally, out of reflex. So that's what that absolution is for. Does it revive the NPC?

Augemitbutter said:
did you glitch to get that high?

yep. i dont do any PVP i just play one player so im not hurting anyone. i got SICK of being invaded every time i went human to either kindle or summon. in Anor Londo i needed solaire to help beat SMough etc but every time i did it id have some tosser bandit knife wielding idiot with a fog ring and poison whatever kill me before i could do anything. my character is built for 1P only...not PVP which i dont care for.

in the end i ran out of humanity and patience. levelled up over 300 levels last night and now the game is so much more fun where no phantoms can touch me.

Aguirre

Phat Michael said:
yep. i dont do any PVP i just play one player so im not hurting anyone. i got SICK of being invaded every time i went human to either kindle or summon. in Anor Londo i needed solaire to help beat SMough etc but every time i did it id have some tosser bandit knife wielding idiot with a fog ring and poison whatever kill me before i could do anything. my character is built for 1P only...not PVP which i dont care for.

in the end i ran out of humanity and patience. levelled up over 300 levels last night and now the game is so much more fun where no phantoms can touch me.
at the level, is the game substantially easier? do enemies scale?

Finalow

whalleywhat said:
There isn't one. You can open an elevator which takes you near the start, or you can shortcut through Valley of the Drakes.
but is there a shortcut to the abyss? Don't want to kill all the ghosts again and again everytime i died against the boss of the abyss.
maybe a video that shows how to open this shortcut.

Aguirre said:

enemies dont scale until NG+ where they will get more difficult, but thats nothing to do with your level.

Its not exactly easy...you cant just button mash but you have big vitality so you wont get one shotted or anything.

The best part for me is being able to wear heavy armour, heavy weapons and upgrade weapons easily. I took out the Ceaseless Discharge and Stay Demon relatively easily without dying.

Stray = Iron Flesh, Crystal Ring shield and my pyro glove +15 made short work of him.

KAOz

Short bus special
Aguirre said:

Enemies don't scale. Until you go NG+ and beyond. Then, I guess at NG++ and higher, even that kind of SL won't help you too much.

finalozzo said:
but is there a shortcut to the abyss? Don't want to kill all the ghosts again and again everytime i died against the boss of the abyss.
maybe a video that shows how to open this shortcut.

Have you opened the Abyss up then and drained all water? Because yes, there is a shortcut. Just do a youtube search for it and you should find something. It makes going to The Abyss take about 3 minutes from Firelink.

Finalow

KAOz said:
Have you opened the Abyss up then and drained all water? Because yes, there is a shortcut. Just do a youtube search for it and you should find something. It makes going to The Abyss take about 3 minutes from Firelink.
ok but i don't think there are videos about this shortcut, can't find one.

finalozzo said:
The elevator is near the start, after you cross the wooden bridges and first enter the castle. You have to fight through a couple of those big slime demons and some Darkwraiths before you get to the abyss.

KAOz

Short bus special
finalozzo said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPv9lJb38O0

Though, it seems everyone takes an even longer one. I found one where you don't need the stairs at all. Just run straight, then take a slight right when you reach the stairs. You should reach a big drop. If you look down there is a some kind of stonebeam, jump down and land on it.
Then jump down again.
Tadaaa, in the poolarea with Darkwraiths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom