• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Y2Kev said:
Joined forest protector covenant
One guy jumped off cliff

now they think i'm hostile

can i fix this?

Which one jumped off? Better check for loot at the spot where it jumped, just in case.

anddo0

Kyoufu said:
There is always a way.

Found a way out through a secret room. It was was a huge waste of time though. My main reason for going there early was to visit the blacksmith. However, it totally slipped my mind that you have to recollect all the ember in NG+.

Oh god, my ps3 is shuttibg off from the xmb and blinking red...... Help? I've been uploading the saves to the cloud so if I have to get a new ps3 today I will be able to recover right?

DigitalDevil said:
Oh god, my ps3 is shuttibg off from the xmb and blinking red...... Help? I've been uploading the saves to the cloud so if I have to get a new ps3 today I will be able to recover right?

This happened to my 60gig about 14 hours in to Dark Souls. I had to get a new PS3.

hteng

Banned
holyshit NG+ Four Kings is such a pain in the ass, those things has double their HP, hit like a truck and seems to spawn faster. had to go in full Havel and barely won, lock on is counter productive in this fight because you can just waltz to their sides to evade much of the attacks.

I just got summoned into someone's world. We were in Anor Londo but the world is dark, he already beat the boss and we killed a blue phantom. What just happened?

D

Deleted member 13414

Unconfirmed Member
Hey everyone. I just bought Dark Souls. Sounds like a epic adventure and sounds fun. I haven't played Demon's Soul. Would you guys have any advice or suggestions when playing Dark Souls? I am playing on the xbox.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Vigilance said:
You could try going to the top of the black knight tower near the boar and hope the dragon jumps off after an arrow hits it.

I did that and it killed him. Completely unexpected. I killed the black knight and decided to fire an arrow at the dragon for the hell of it. I saw him move and ran back down the tower. When I came back up, I assumed he just flew off until I got 10,000 souls. I actually haven't thought to go over the length of the bridge since then. I need to do that.

Any tips for killing the stone mallet wielding guard for the watchtower shortcut for Darkroot basin?

RyanDG

Has anyone had any luck using their covenant items in NG+ without first rejoining the covenant?

I'm still listed as a Darkmoon blade member on the character sheet, but I'm not getting summoned at all for the sunless AL with the ring on which is odd because I was getting summoned all the time before and I purposefully kept my character level in a middle range?

RyanDG

Phantom875 said:
Hey everyone. I just bought Dark Souls. Sounds like a epic adventure and sounds fun. I haven't played Demon's Soul. Would you guys have any advice or suggestions when playing Dark Souls? I am playing on the xbox.

The #1 rule is to take it slow and don't be afraid to make sure you keep your shield up at all times until you understand the level layouts and where the threats are coming from.

Felix Lighter said:
I just got summoned into someone's world. We were in Anor Londo but the world is dark, he already beat the boss and we killed a blue phantom. What just happened?

He killed a specific NPC that creates a sunlight less world.

Kyoufu

RyanDG said:
Has anyone had any luck using their covenant items in NG+ without first rejoining the covenant?

I'm still listed as a Darkmoon blade member on the character sheet, but I'm not getting summoned at all for the sunless AL with the ring on which is odd because I was getting summoned all the time before and I purposefully kept my character level in a middle range?

Pretty sure you have to rejoin covenants.

Herla

I don't know who's worse: FROM for creating Sen's Fortress or the Dark Souls community for not leaving useful messages.

Seriously though, what happened? In Demon's Souls I would see helpful tips left and right, here I barely see any message and when I see one it usually says "Praise the Sun!".
So I try to put some useful stuff myself but they seem to disappear rather quickly :( I guess I'll have to put "Weakness: Rear" in front of every merchant in order to get some extra flasks...

Tonza

Yeah, finally beat Ornstein and Smough. I was trying to kill Smough first because I thought it would be easier that way. Once I tried killing Ornstein first, I got it in 3 tries.

What level is suggested for Painted world? I was thinking of exploring it now. (SL 66)

x3r0123

Herla said:
I don't know who's worse: FROM for creating Sen's Fortress or the Dark Souls community for not leaving useful messages.

Seriously though, what happened? In Demon's Souls I would see helpful tips left and right, here I barely see any message and when I see one it usually says "Praise the Sun!".
So I try to put some useful stuff myself but they seem to disappear rather quickly :( I guess I'll have to put "Weakness: Rear" in front of every merchant in order to get some extra flasks...

so you want an easier game?

Btw. for 360 users: You can't copy your save games, but you can move them onto a USB stick and from there copy the contents onto your computer.

Xanathus

Herla said:

FROM's fault for changing the multi-player system to P2P and (seemingly) making the message system buggy. You're only able to see a small subset of the messages that players have left in the area, people need to use a specific item to rate/write messages so it's a hassle to do it, and there seems to be a bug where if you rate a message negatively, it actually gives it a positive rating instead.

Septimius

So, I'm a dex-build about to get my Quelaag's furyblade. Any reason for me to hold out on upgrading? Are demon shards hard to come by, and will I be needing them for something else?

Kyoufu

Herla said:

Sen's Fortress is really linear though. Which part are you stuck on?

Septimius said:
So, I'm a dex-build about to get my Quelaag's furyblade. Any reason for me to hold out on upgrading? Are demon shards hard to come by, and will I be needing them for something else?

You can farm them later easily. Use them at will!

Xanathus

Septimius said:
Go ahead and upgrade, there's a respawning titanite demon later in the game. Also the Furyblade is like one of the very few boss soul items worth upgrading/using.

Wow, some asshat just invaded me in blighttown -- I hadn't been there yet, so I had to deal with him AND toxic snipers... I get to the first sniper and asshole is wearing a fog ring and uses toxic cloud on me as I'm climbing a ladder... he jumps down and starts following me up, and somehow climbs quicker than I've ever seen -- by the time i got to the top and dealt with the toxic blowdart jackass, he was on top backstabbing me. Fuck that guy... asshole.

Xanathus said:
Go ahead and upgrade, there's a respawning titanite demon later in the game. Also the Furyblade is like one of the very few boss soul items worth upgrading/using.

Darkmoon Bow and Crystal Moonlight Shield say "hi!". :)

--

Tonza, you should be fine for painted world, you're much higher than I was when I was there. I was in the low 50s, maybe?

MechaX

Ceaseless Discharge down, 30 humanity to the Chaos Covenant leader, and now only 6
Taurus Demons
and like 30
Capra Demons
stand between me and saving Sunbro/Solaire.

Too bad the guy hasn't even budged a fucking inch from his starting position in this playthrough.

Herla

x3r0123 said:
so you want an easier game?

I never said that, I don't actually care much if a random boulder kills me.
The problem is that half of the experience (for me, at least) in Demon's Souls was finding messages that would actually make the journey a little more pleasant, and in Dark Souls that doesn't seem to happen.
A tip wouldn't make me immune to damage or give me superhuman reflexes.

EDIT

Kyoufu said:
Sen's Fortress is really linear though. Which part are you stuck on?

Nah I'm not stuck, I just died to the second (?) boulder and decided it was time to take a break. It was just surprising to see no message at all from the entrance until that part.

Herla said:

Sen's Fortress is an awesome level - I wish it was bigger.

KAOz

Short bus special
Felix Lighter said:
Ok, but what about the blue phantom? It was like he summoned me into an invasion or something.

He did.

The Blue Phantom is a Darkmoon Blade member who was bounty hunting him. You just HELPED A CRIMINAL!

Xanathus

corrosivefrost said:
Darkmoon Bow and Crystal Moonlight Shield say "hi!". :)

--

Tonza, you should be fine for painted world, you're much higher than I was when I was there. I was in the low 50s, maybe?
Well I never use bows except for killing stationary dragons, and I don't think the Moonlight Shield is worth upgrading since at +5 it only increases the base damage by 50 but the huge damage is actually coming from your right-hand weapon.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I just started this... have died like 6 times already. Damn I love the messages and the bloodstains. How the hell do I even leave out messages :p!

Liking this a lot. It's hard but the bonfires so far are plentiful. It auto saves right? I got to a bonfire in a tower and had to leave it there after resting, so I guess that's the save.

RyanDG

Felix Lighter said:
Ok, but what about the blue phantom? It was like he summoned me into an invasion or something.

He did. One you create a sunlight less world, the host of the world is targetted specifically by the Darkmoon Blades. Like the forest covenant if he's human and there, people wearing the covenant ring will get pulled into their world. The host can summon phantoms to try to defend himself against the darkmoon blades.

Zeliard

shahkur said:
I'm at
Quelaag
, and I STILL dont know how to sell shit. Sigh. Help?

Comically, it's pretty much after you finish that fight when the handsome gentleman who buys your stuff shows up.

KAOz

Short bus special
God, farming the Harpies is the most mindnumbing, boring shit, EVER.

Just 8 more Souvenirs.... 8 more....

Kyoufu

Herla said:
I never said that, I don't actually care much if a random boulder kills me.
The problem is that half of the experience (for me, at least) in Demon's Souls was finding messages that would actually make the journey a little more pleasant, and in Dark Souls that doesn't seem to happen.
A tip wouldn't make me immune to damage or give me superhuman reflexes.

EDIT

Nah I'm not stuck, I just died to the second (?) boulder and decided it was time to take a break. It was just surprising to see no message at all from the entrance until that part.

There are messages, but the problem is you have to be in the same lobby or whatever s these messages.

I think in 1.04 you should see more messages as they improve the matching system.

BeeDog

KAOz said:
God, farming the Harpies is the most mindnumbing, boring shit, EVER.

Just 8 more Souvenirs.... 8 more....

My most boring Dark Souls period so far, no contest. Thank God I don't have to do it, so the Darkmoon Covenant can go fuck itself.

Dieing over and over again at 4 kings with my sorc... Any tips? I tried long range but their
homing missile is just the biggest troll attack ever. When I get too close, they grab me :( Can you actually dodge it?

cj_iwakura

Saargabath said:
Dieing over and over again at 4 kings with my sorc... Any tips? I tried long range but their
homing missile is just the biggest troll attack ever. When I get too close, they grab me :( Can you actually dodge it?

If you see them doing that, roll back fast. As for your tactics, change them.

Bulk up. Hulk Smash time.
(Havel's Armor + two-handed Dark Knight Black Sword if you have one.)

You'll want at least 10 Estus on you.

shahkur

Zeliard said:
Comically, it's pretty much after you finish that fight when the handsome gentleman who buys your stuff shows up.

Really? And here I thought I was missing something obvious. Like a "sell" option to the merchants I've already came upon. Cool, now this should lift quite a burden off my shoulders.

RyanDG

finalozzo said:
again, where is a good spot to summon someone in new londo ruins? Where?
i need help. :(

Are you trying to do the 4 kings?

Sometimes you'll find summoning spots right near the 4 kings entrance.

Zeliard

shahkur said:
Really? And here I thought I was missing something obvious. Like a "sell" option to the merchants I've already came upon. Cool, now this should lift quite a burden off my shoulders.

There's no way to sell anything till after you
ring the second bell, which is right after the Queelag battle

It won't be the merchants, though. :>

Kweh

Where should I go next? I have rung the top bell and beaten the Butterfly. The Hydra seems too tough a fight for me atm, and also the drakes that you meet when you go down the lift in Darkroot Basin. Should I go down from Firelink Shrine instead?

HA!

Guy just tried to invade me before Iron Golem and tried to sneak up on me wearing the Fog Ring, I was able to get away, get my fog ring on and have a proper duel w/ him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom