• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
finalozzo said:
but is there a shortcut to the abyss? Don't want to kill all the ghosts again and again everytime i died against the boss of the abyss.
maybe a video that shows how to open this shortcut.
If you've lowered the water in the abyss then there should be few if any ghosts that you actually have to fight on the way from firelink. In the first area with two ghosts go to the right and you can drop down below. There will be 3 darkwraiths along the way and maybe a couple of ghosts that attack but after that you're at the fog door.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
finally managed to snag a strategy guide from my local GAME. Reduced to an acceptable £15 - they were £20 last week but nobody had any.

Help me guys. I'm stuck in Blighttown. Where do go after that walkway with the fire breathing flies? Please tell me I'm near the bonfire.

Fuck this place.

bathala

Banned
OMG OMG. I DID IT. GOT ORNSTEIN's Armor
1st run
5hrs it took me to no avail so I gave in and took out Ornstein first (didn't even need to heal)
Fat ass armor sucks
1 day later
I decided to reload my old save game before Ornstein and Smough fight. But this time I went back to the swamp and level up my pyro. added 6 attunement

Hyper Ornstein is not bad once u see his pattern

Finalow

KAOz said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPv9lJb38O0

Though, it seems everyone takes an even longer one. I found one where you don't need the stairs at all. Just run straight, then take a slight right when you reach the stairs. You should reach a big drop. If you look down there is a some kind of stonebeam, jump down and land on it.
Then jump down again.
Tadaaa, in the poolarea with Darkwraiths.
thanks, one last thing: where is a good spot to summon someone?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Is this stone dragon head everyone is suddenly interested in a consumable or can be used as many times as I want?

test_account

XP-39C²
How do you jump in this game? Everytime i press forward on the left analog stick and press R2, i just use a heavy attack. I've tried a lot of time, no success.

Also, is there a bonfire in
Set's Domain (or something like that
? I've gotten quite far, im almost out of magic, no estus flask left and i'm about to go up where the
giant is throwing the fire bombs, but there is a damn archer there, i dont think that i will make it :(

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
bathala said:
OMG OMG. I DID IT. GOT ORNSTEIN's Armor
1st run
5hrs it took me to no avail so I gave in and took out Ornstein first (didn't even need to heal)
Fat ass armor sucks
1 day later
I decided to reload my old save game before Ornstein and Smough fight. But this time I went back to the swamp and level up my pyro. added 6 attunement

Hyper Ornstein is not bad once u see his pattern
what trickery is this

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The real question is if you haven't accidentally jumped more times than you want, especially when you're trying to run-roll from a boss attack. Stupid non-invincibility-gimmick-move :(

test_account

XP-39C²
Toodles said:
Press = roll, Hold=run, Hold+Press=jump.
Damn, i had no idea that it was possible to run LOL :D Now i made it, thanks! :) I wonder why this wasnt explained in the tutorial in the begining, at least i didnt see it.

Yoshichan said:
The real question is if you haven't accidentally jumped more times than you want, especially when you're trying to run-roll from a boss attack. Stupid non-invincibility-gimmick-move :(
Now that i managed to jump, i can honestly say that i've never done it in the game, at least now what i have noticed. Everytime i've tried to roll away from a boss, i have usually just kept pressing the button multiply of times.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
test_account said:
Now that i managed to jump, i can honestly say that i've never done it in the game, at least now what i have noticed. Everytime i've tried to roll away from a boss, i have usually just kept pressing the button multiply of times.
The fact that I'm playing the game with the claw isn't helping my situation since I can run + control camera at the same time (and thus be able to run and accidentally jump when I want to roll).

RooMHM

Yoshichan said:
Sif conspires with the game creators :<

Yoshichan

edit: read it wrong ._.

Wow, the Catacombs are really awesome! I decided to do a run there, far too early, just after ringing the first bell. Once I realised that the skellies
resurrect
, I started playing really stealthy, drawing one skeleton at a time, kicking them off of cliffs. I actually got quite far before running out of flasks and dying. But I was disappointed at the lack of loot. Before dying, the only item I found was a weapon I didn't have the stats to wield, and which didn't seem all that great anyway.

test_account

XP-39C²
Can anyone tell me where this spot is? It is in
Sen's Fortress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x74ubCmENzk

Is it before or after the archer on the narrow bridge? I cant make out the location from the video.

EDIT: Nevermind, i fount it =)

Yoshichan said:
The fact that I'm playing the game with the claw isn't helping my situation since I can run + control camera at the same time (and thus be able to run and accidentally jump when I want to roll).
Yeah, then i can understand that jumping can happend more accidentally :)

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Did not know what awaited for me back at the asylum..cot damn..so good.

test_account

XP-39C²
worldrevolution said:
Did not know what awaited for me back at the asylum..cot damn..so good.
Please use spoiler tags :( Just that you get
back at the Asylum is something that i didnt know
. Not a huge deal, but still, please use spoiler tags :)

cnizzle06

Banned
dreamer3kx said:
Does lighting a bonfire act as a checkpoint also, Im not talking about camping at one, just lighting it.
Nope.

And it's not in my heart to learn sorcery? Screw you guy with big hat. I just saved your ass!

anddo0

Am I screwed?

I started a NG+, went to the Catacombs, but now I'm stuck. On my way down I took the shortcuts and saved at the second bonfire. The problem is there is no way back up (don't have warp yet since it's early game)

Kyoufu

anddo0 said:
Am I screwed?

I started a NG+, went to the Catacombs, but now I'm stuck. On my way down I took the shortcuts and saved at the second bonfire. The problem is there is no way back up (don't have warp yet since it's early game)

There is always a way.

UrbanRats

DieNgamers said:
Those two guys drestroyed me a few times already. I killed the fat one but without help (playing in offline mode, also I seem to have no allies :D ) and only a few estus flask this is super hard for me. I need to find humanity to kindle the third bonfire! :O
??
Did you open the huge gate that leads straight up to the first Anor Londo Bonfire? That's already kindled.
Use that bonfire, than run like a MoFo, past the iron giants and entering the fog with all the 10 estus and pyros and whatever.

Also, i just killer that firekeeper, i was done with Anor londo so i said "fuck it" but now i'm worried: will he be back in NG+? Please tell me he will.

Owzers

what weapon should i use my dragon scales to upgrade? I have the dragon greatsword, dragon axe, dragon tooth, and drake sword so far.

Minamu

What's the point of ressing Anastacia? I just lost a precious fire keeper soul because of it :( Could've used a +4 now. It's not like I'm around firelink that often?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Down goes the Hydra. Found a safe spot to the right of the corpse with the knight armor. Eventually went to the Capra Demon in Undead Burg and got owned as soon as I walked through the door. I'm gonna farm some crystal golems and level up my armor.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
hydrophilic attack said:
Wow, the Catacombs are really awesome! I decided to do a run there, far too early, just after ringing the first bell. Once I realised that the skellies
resurrect
, I started playing really stealthy, drawing one skeleton at a time, kicking them off of cliffs. I actually got quite far before running out of flasks and dying. But I was disappointed at the lack of loot. Before dying, the only item I found was a weapon I didn't have the stats to wield, and which didn't seem all that great anyway.
Catacombs are incredible. So creepy and foreboding and there's some really awesome level design. Finding the
blacksmith
by accident was incredible.

Kyoufu

Minamu said:
What's the point of ressing Anastacia? I just lost a precious fire keeper soul because of it :( Could've used a +4 now. It's not like I'm around firelink that often?

So you can warp from there. I don't know why you need +4 Estus, but you can get Firekeeper souls elsewhere still.

Mmmmm Ocean's 13 and Dark Souls on a Saturday morning!

edit: In my first game the only fire keeper I killed was
Quelaag's sister
and was @ +5 by the end of my first game. Already hit max in my NG+ so far.

I need to make it to the altar of sunlight.
NEED.

Someone advise me on how to do this with the dragon still alive, please?
Or on how to drop that fucking dragon... either choice works for me. I only need to get to that altar once. :\

Anyone know if miracles like Lightning Spear scale up with Faith?

Also, is there anywhere that lists an average level range for bosses? I probably idled for like 2 hours last night and only got summoned twice (SL 40 at Quelaag). I tried the Iron Golem and was about the same amount of time to get summoned. I just don't know if I'm on average under or over-leveled for those bosses. I'm in the sunlight covenant so supposedly it should be easier to connect to players in the good covenants.

corrosivefrost said:
NEED.

Or on how to drop that fucking dragon... either choice works for me. I only need to get to that altar once. :\

Get it to jump down and you can just run right past it from the stairway.

RyanDG

corrosivefrost said:
NEED.

The easiest way to do this and not kill the dragon would be to get to the middle section (where you drop down to go below). Clear off the guys on the bridge there (or let the dragon do it). After the dragon rests on the top of his perch, sit right at the top of the stairs and fire 1 arrow at him. When you do this, the dragon will try to fly down to get you. This is your chance to book it to run past him. If you do it right, you'll be able to get right by him and force him to go into a turn around animation which will stop him from being able to blast you with his fire breath at least until you get into the bonefire area.

Vigilance

corrosivefrost said:
NEED.

You could try going to the top of the black knight tower near the boar and hope the dragon jumps off after an arrow hits it.

peetfeet

corrosivefrost said:
NEED.

Shoot an arrow at the dragon from the Black Knights tower, sometimes he's not there though. I've read online somewhere online that if you save at the bonfire in Undead Parish (above the Blacksmith) he's virtually 'guaranteed' to be visable from the tower, how true this is I don't know....

Confidence Man said:
Anyone know if miracles like Lightning Spear scale up with Faith?

Also, is there anywhere that lists an average level range for bosses? I probably idled for like 2 hours last night and only got summoned twice (SL 40 at Quelaag). I tried the Iron Golem and was about the same amount of time to get summoned. I just don't know if I'm on average under or over-leveled for those bosses. I'm in the sunlight covenant so supposedly it should be easier to connect to players in the good covenants.

It probably depends on the talisman you're using. If its magic adjust scales with faith, then yes?

Some of the bosses come in droves -- I would go 2-3 farming trips on the slugs in Quelaag's Domain/blighttown before I got summoned... but I'd at least re-drop my summon sign every few minutes to change servers -- sometimes I'd get summoned 3 times in 10 minutes. I think I was Chaos Servant at the time too.

I never bothered summoning or trying to summon on Iron Golem -- by the time I got to the bonfire, I didn't have humanity to waste. on reversing my hollow and making it so I could summon.

peetfeet said:
Shoot an arrow at the dragon from the Black Knights tower, sometimes he's not there though. I've read online somewhere online that if you save at the bonfire in Undead Parish (above the Blacksmith) he's virtually 'guaranteed' to be visable from the tower, how true this is I don't know....

This worked in my first game. It did not work last night. :(
I'll have to try again, since I don't know that I'm ready to go down to blighttown yet.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Joined forest protector covenant
One guy jumped off cliff

now they think i'm hostile

can i fix this?

Kyoufu

peetfeet said:

The dragon is guaranteed to appear after ringing the second bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom