• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

toasty_T said:
Into Blighttown I go. Made it to the first bonfire with little difficulty.

The framerate makes my inner PC gamer weep.
It should make any gamer weep. It isn't the least bit acceptable. :(

So I got a Crystal Sword and I want to upgrade it. How a man go about doing that? Doesn't show up at my Reinforce Weapons menu at my bonfire. Even traveled all the way back to the BS and wasn't on his menu either. I have the necessary Titanite, just can't find out where to forge it.

MechaGodzilla

Neo Member
I love this game so much! Its like a breath of fresh air in between all the shooters. Don't get me wrong it can be extremely frustrating. For instance, I just realized I was doing blight town completely backwards. I haven't been to the depths. I came from drake valley made my way all way to this door that can only be opened from the other side. :'( Now I have to make my way all the way back.

I'm not very good though, I'm only sl 36 with 31 hrs played. I'm progressing though so I'm happy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Who is this
fella that gave me the seal? Knew I have the lordvessel... mentioned something about the Darkwraiths.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Okay I just beat Pinwheel in the Catacombs but want NO part of exploring Tomb Of Giants in that darkness. Where the hell do I go? Do I have to backtrack all the way in order to get out??

Mask Of Child is freaky btw, but I'm loving the stamina recovery boost.

Ken

Hawkian said:
Who is this
fella that gave me the seal? Knew I have the lordvessel... mentioned something about the Darkwraiths.
Guy in red robes? Probably Ingrid or something like that. I think he gave you a key to enter somewhere. He mentions that New Londo Ruin was sacrificed to contain the Darkwraith inside.

Zzoram

Dresden said:
Any thoughts on the plain old greataxe? I like how plain it looks and I like axes.

Upgrade it to a Great Axe +15 if you pump Strength to 40+ or a Lighting Great Axe +5 and it's completely viable.

Basically every weapon in the game is a viable end game weapon.

nasos_333

Any tips for those two archers in Anor Londo ?

I went there casually first time and beat them and went back to the fire thinking they would not respawn

Now when i try to pass i always get pushed back when blocking and die, any tips for that part ?

Did people ever figure out how to deal with that Hellkite bastard on the bridge without using the arrow glitch? I'd glitch his ass again, but I can't get him to show up from the black knight tower... :(

Insaniac

nasos_333 said:

I went there casually first time and beat them and went back to the fire thinking they would not respawn

Now when i try to pass i always get pushed back when blocking and die, any tips for that part ?

roll, don't block

Zzoram

nasos_333 said:

If you have Hidden Body spell or Fog Ring, you can sneak up on them, they won't aggro until you're across the beams.

Otherwise, run for your life, roll to dodge the arrows.

NBtoaster

Wow lightning spear. They basically hand this to you and it annhilates everything. Goodbye battleaxe. You've been good.

And wow firestorm. What a disappointment.

Soma

Oh man. Just had my greatest moment right now. After about 20ish tries I finally beat Ornstein & Smough on NG+ by myself and killing Super Ornstein. First playthrough I had help and we killed Ornstein first.

Holy crap that was a rush.

nasos_333

Insaniac said:
roll, don't block

Zzoram said:
If you have Hidden Body spell or Fog Ring, you can sneak up on them, they won't aggro until you're across the beams.

Otherwise, run for your life, roll to dodge the arrows.

Indeed, must be the fact that first time i did not go cautiously and rolled

Now i defend to get there safer and fall off, so this is probably the trick, though is a bit risky :)

Zimbardo

got invaded by some dude tonight ...was kinda weird. he hit me with what looked like two backstabs but they didn't do any damage ...or it was so little damage that i didn't notice.

then i hit him with 1 backstab and fucked him right over.

was weird/funny.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can't find the serpent ring in Sen's... think I'll try to clear Londo, maybe come back to farm Jagged Ghost Blades another time.

So I got cursed the first time in the Depths...do you guys think I should try fighting the boss/risking my humanity or try to find my way out and buy the stone?

*I had one more hit left when I fought the dragon without help from the knights...

Zzoram

Hawkian said:
Can't find the serpent ring in Sen's... think I'll try to clear Londo, maybe come back to farm Jagged Ghost Blades another time.

Turn the ball roller to the path that winds down to a mimic chest. Let it roll 6+ balls. Turn it away then run down. The balls will have filled a pit allowing you to across it to get to the ring.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Zzoram said:
Turn the ball roller to the path that winds down to a mimic chest. Let it roll 6+ balls. Turn it away then run down. The balls will have filled a pit allowing you to across it to get to the ring.
Holy crap, really?

If you jump down from where the giant is, he just stops throwing them, huh?

Zzoram

killertofu said:
So I got cursed the first time in the Depths...do you guys think I should try fighting the boss/risking my humanity or try to find my way out and buy the stone?

*I had one more hit left when I fought the dragon without help from the knights...

You honestly don't need to cure it to kill the boss. If you learn his patterns, it's possible to beat him without getting hit once.

UrbanRats

Finally beat the two
Anor Londo assholes
Kinda disappointed by the care they put in the
Fat dude's armor on your character, the arms go right through the stomach piece.

Now what, Valley of the Drakes? New Londo Ruins? Catacombs?

Zzoram

Hawkian said:
Holy crap, really?

If you jump down from where the giant is, he just stops throwing them, huh?

He doesn't stop loading the ball roller unless he's dead. You don't have to get that far into the level to do this. Just get to the room where you can turn the machine.

Insaniac

UrbanRats said:
Finally beat the two
Anor Londo assholes
Fat dude's armor on your character, the arms go right through the stomach piece.

I went to the duke's archives

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
UrbanRats said:
Finally beat the two
Anor Londo assholes

seems like take your pick :p

Zzoram

UrbanRats said:
Finally beat the two
Anor Londo assholes

Valley of the Drakes is pretty short, might as well do it to pick up the loot there. Suicide run for the loot if you must.

If you haven't killed the Wolf in Drakeroot Garden, you need to do that next, then go to New Londo Ruins.

i find it hilarous that solaire is now stuck at undead burg just because i skipped the depths.

i'm almost finished with ng+ and he's still at his original spot.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
You know what? Fuck this shit.

I'm fine with difficult games. I'm fine with silly final bosses. Heck, I'm even fine with shitty parring system that registers properly 1 out of 10 times.

What I'm not fine with tho is having to traverse a level from the last bonfire to get back to a boss that kills me in less time it takes me to get there running and rolling to avoid enemies.

Why there is no option to "Retry or go back to bonfire" when dieing from a boss or at least a bonfire right before the fight is beyond me.

Fuck it.

/rant

Will see you again tomorrow, Gwyn

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TTP said:
You know what? Fuck this shit.

I'm fine with difficult games. I'm fine with silly final bosses. Heck, I'm even fine with shitty parring system that registers properly 1 out of 10 times.

What I'm not fine with tho is having to traverse a level from the last bonfire to get back to a boss that kills me in less time it takes me to get there running and rolling to avoid enemies.

Why there is no option to "Retry or go back to bonfire" when dieing from a boss or at least a bonfire right before the fight is beyond me.

Fuck it.

/rant

Will see you again tomorrow, Gwyn

Dude it literally takes about 20 seconds to get back to him. How in the heck are you dying in 20 seconds to that scrub?
Didn't play kingdom hearts? He's similar to a boss fight on that...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
QisTopTier said:
Dude it literally takes about 20 seconds to get back to him. How in the heck are you dying in 20 seconds to that scrub?
Didn't play kingdom hearts? He's similar to a boss fight on that...

I die in about 5 when I'm unlucky, 15 when I'm lucky.

This game just completely fucked me. I made it to Duke's Archive and found Seath he Scaleless. He ended up killing me and after I died I was brought to a bonfire I had never seen before. I thought "no big deal, I'll light the fire and warp back to Anor Londo". Well it fucked the entire game for me because now I cannot warp anywhere since this bonfire isn't connected. Why the fuck would the game decide to send me to a bonfire I never lit? I have to start the game over now because I'm stuck in a cell. Whe nI try to open the cell it says I can't open it. Well guess what? THERE'S NO FUCKING WAY OUT OF THE CELL. Stupid fucking decision From Software.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dr. Acid Avatar said:
This game just completely fucked me. I made it to Duke's Archive and found Seath he Scaleless. He ended up killing me and after I died I was brought to a bonfire I had never seen before. I thought "no big deal, I'll light the fire and warp back to Anor Londo". Well it fucked the entire game for me because now I cannot warp anywhere since this bonfire isn't connected. Why the fuck would the game decide to send me to a bonfire I never lit? I have to start the game over now because I'm stuck in a cell. Whe nI try to open the cell it says I can't open it. Well guess what? THERE'S NO FUCKING WAY OUT OF THE CELL. Stupid fucking decision From Software.
:-/ Relax.

I don't know exactly what to do, but everything you're experiencing is normal, there's a way out.

Dresden

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
HIT THE FUCKING SNAKE LEANING AGAINST THE DOOR

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Dr. Acid Avatar said:

There is.

I just received a message that said something "disasters are (gone?) after the defeat of XXXX servant" while fighting seah the scaleless... anyone knows what is this? or what it said exactly?

Roklie

So I'm at the second bonfire in Blighttown and would like to go back to the surface, tried ascending the waterwheel but I got hit by a bunch of toxic snipers and died, is this the right way? The were dogs as well where I died.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TTP said:
I don't recall the names of the various gear I have tried. None allows to block without losing half my energy so I'm going with the parry&counter method.

I'm using this method > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5b6cQjqpEk (I don't do as much damage with my Divine Spear tho. I do around 300 rather than 800, so it takes more time)
Err yeah you are making the fight way harder than it needs to be that way. Fight him the normal way... Dodge roll, stab, doge roll stab. He should never touch you.

Oh and ditch that shitty spear, if you are rolling faith go make an occult claymore. The two handed roll attack on it, DESTROYS him.

Kyoufu

Roklie said:
So I'm at the second bonfire in Blighttown and would like to go back to the surface, tried ascending the waterwheel but I got hit by a bunch of toxic snipers and died, is this the right way? The were dogs as well where I died.

You went the wrong way. Gotta keep going up via ladders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom