• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeDog

Kweh said:
Where should I go next? I have rung the top bell and beaten the Butterfly. The Hydra seems too tough a fight for me atm, and also the drakes that you meet when you go down the lift in Darkroot Basin. Should I go down from Firelink Shrine instead?

Assuming you've been picking up items as you go along, you should take the locked door next to the bridge with the dragon in Undead Burg (the door is opposite the door you come from after killing the Taurus Demon boss). This will let you push deeper into the castle.

shahkur

Zeliard said:
There's no way to sell anything till after you
ring the second bell, which is right after the Queelag battle

It won't be the merchants, though. :>

Looking forward to it. How long through the game am I once I ring the 2nd bell?

MechaX

This short cut to Lost Izalith via the Chaos Covenant... I know it's before Firesage, but is it before or after the golden gate/yellow fog?

cj_iwakura

MechaX said:
This short cut to Lost Izalith via the Chaos Covenant... I know it's before Firesage, but is it before or after the golden gate/yellow fog?

It's by the Covenant Fire Keeper, down the hall.

demosthenes said:
Where is the key in Sen's to unlock Big Hat again?

In the library, on one of the floors. I think it might be near the area before the Crystal Cavern.

K' Dash

Good times lately, killed Priscilla, Smug and Ornstein and just killed the Stray Demon, my hands are shaking.

I'd say Iron flesh is IMPERATIVE with Stray Demon.

Noaloha

Relix said:
I just started this... have died like 6 times already. Damn I love the messages and the bloodstains. How the hell do I even leave out messages :p!

Liking this a lot. It's hard but the bonfires so far are plentiful. It auto saves right? I got to a bonfire in a tower and had to leave it there after resting, so I guess that's the save.
Regarding saves, it autosaves, yes. More to the point though, it auto-saves often. Like, every ten seconds or so. Look for the tiny flame icon in the top-right of the screen. With that said, note that you don't need to hit a bonfire to feel like you're okay to quit out of the game -- you can do so pretty much anywhere and anytime (but quit 'properly', through the in-game menu, to avoid corrupted files). Regarding leaving messages, there's an item you'll find on a merchant (assuming you find the merchant :p ), an orange soapstone. Keep an eye out for it.

Ken

demosthenes said:
In the tower with the merchant, go down the stairs to the bottom to find a snake magician guarding it. Master key can open the cages too.

demosthenes said:
Near the top of the fortress
just after the bonfire there is a gap in the bridge that you can jump to reach a tower. In that tower is a merchant and a staircase that takes you to the bottom. Take the staircase to the bottom

Edit: beat

Minamu

Kyoufu said:
So you can warp from there. I don't know why you need +4 Estus, but you can get Firekeeper souls elsewhere still.
I'm at +5 now :lol Killed the woman in Anor Londo and found one in New Londo. All is well.

lol

In my jubilation to finally be out of blighttown I forgot to check whether the elevator in new londo was there and blindly rolled into an empty shaft

Dever

Banned
So I just spent a bunch of souls to upgrade my strength to where I can use the Black Knight Greataxe two-handed and then upgraded it to +4.

Damn, son

I'll probably still stick to my Lightning Iaito for the endgame, but I can't wait to level up enough to be able to use it one-handed.

K' Dash

cj_iwakura said:
Is any song in the game more pulse pounding than Smough & Ornstein? I love the way the music picks up.

Right now I'm helping people with those bastards and DAMN, the fight itself is EPIC but with the music is something out of this world.

edit: I can see shadows of people fighting S&O and then, bloodstain, lol.

Noaloha

Fuuuck. I keep getting one-shotted in the Painted Realm by scrawny winged fuckers. They are doing.. obscene things to my face. I never imagined my blood would run cold at the sound of a pigeon's coo.

K' Dash

Toodles said:
Fuuuck. I keep getting one-shotted in the Painted Realm by scrawny winged fuckers. They are doing.. obscene things to my face. I never imagined my blood would run cold at the sound of a pigeon's coo.

What level are you, I'm in anor londo and could help.

cj_iwakura

They're bastards. Long range them. DO NOT GET NEAR THEM EVER.

Also, I'm considering writing a Dark Souls story FAQ, but if the guy who did the Demon's Souls one beats me to it, I'll get so outclassed.

RedSwirl

Took me way too long to beat the Taurus Demon.

sillymonkey321 said:
target lock on really is pathetic, trying to lock on to Nito instead of some of the skeles is frustrating.

Yes it is. Well switching lock-on is anyway. For some reason I feel like the controls are a lot less reliable than in Demon's Souls. I'm playing on 360 though so maybe the controls are respond better on PS3?

Doc Evils

Was reading:

Drift Items

Drift Items are enemies spawned from dropped equipment. Dropped equipment has a chance to become a vagrant and appear other peoples' worlds. The longer items are on the ground, the more powerful the Drift Item. The more powerful the Drift Item, the higher chance it will drop better items than what spawned it.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/online

Wow...

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Dever said:
So I just spent a bunch of souls to upgrade my strength to where I can use the Black Knight Greataxe two-handed and then upgraded it to +4.

Damn, son

I'll probably still stick to my Lightning Iaito for the endgame, but I can't wait to level up enough to be able to use it one-handed.
heh I currently have a Divine Great Axe +2 which I love. I have to get my Strength to 50 at some point though so I can wield the Dragon Axe you get in the Depths. Love the axe. I've also been getting tons of mileage out of Zweihander +5 even with it's high stamina cost.

Noaloha

K' Dash said:
What level are you, I'm in anor londo and could help.
SL40, but it's okay. I'm interspersing my attempts in the area with episodes of Breaking Bad. I'll be spending some quality time with Walter White in a moment.

cj_iwakura said:
They're bastards. Long range them. DO NOT GET NEAR THEM EVER.
They're buggers to avoid! Sometimes they take to the sky, sometimes they birdfoot it to you (managed to make one fall to its death - made me laugh). Avoiding their regular attacks isn't much of a problem, the narrow walkways helps with that. But that, I don't know how to describe it, non-consensual avian cunnilingus attack they do, that's a crap-shoot as to whether I get landed or not -- and it takes off more health than I have. The narrow walkways do not help in avoiding that.

Ryn

Invading other people's world
being disguised as a pot by getting the Chameleon magic from the chick after you beat the hydra and save her
is absolutely hilarious, by the way.
So many people just ran right by me while hiding in pot form, perfect for a sneak attack. Sneaking up by walking as a pot is pretty great, as well. Only once was I caught walking around as a pot...then got backstabbed =(.

Agate

Neo Member
Maybe you guys can help..I'm in the depths of Blight Town (Swap Area) and just reached a bonfire. A little ahead though I saw signs saying tough enemy ahead. I arrive at an area with just a single "chest" ..I strongly believe it to be a mimic..perhaps someone here could confirm it? I swung at it and no reaction..I don't know..just being cautious lol.

Aeana

Agate said:
Maybe you guys can help..I'm in the depths of Blight Town (Swap Area) and just reached a bonfire. A little ahead though I saw signs saying tough enemy ahead. I arrive at an area with just a single "chest" ..I strongly believe it to be a mimic..perhaps someone here could confirm it? I swung at it and no reaction..I don't know..just being cautious lol.
It isn't a mimic. I had the same sign by that chest - I opened it, got a dragon scale out of it, and nothing else happened.

BeeDog

Jesus christ the Anor Londo boss is completely impossible during NG+, even if I summon Solaire. :(

Any suggestions on the best approach for this fight?

x3r0123

BeeDog said:
Jesus christ the Anor Londo boss is completely impossible during NG+, even if I summon Solaire. :(

Any suggestions on the best approach for this fight?

do ornstein first. Backoff and make sure you see both of them. Proceed to kill them cautiously

Welp, I'm back with my shiny new 320g Infamous 2 bundle.... Got my psn account activated on the machine. Back to Blighttown!

P.S. You know you love a game when you don't even consider repairing your dead machine and rush to buy a new one instead :/

scy

Toodles said:
They're buggers to avoid! Sometimes they take to the sky, sometimes they birdfoot it to you (managed to make one fall to its death - made me laugh). Avoiding their regular attacks isn't much of a problem, the narrow walkways helps with that. But that, I don't know how to describe it, non-consensual avian cunnilingus attack they do, that's a crap-shoot as to whether I get landed or not -- and it takes off more health than I have. The narrow walkways do not help in avoiding that.

Never fight them on those narrow walkways. Just run them to a place with more ground. Their facehumping is telegraphed, though; if you see them raise both their wings, run the fuck away. Or, you can be a jerk and watch them plummet to their deaths like half the time anyway, if I'm thinking about the right part of that zone.

Also worth noting, you never have to actually fight one from the start to the finish; they're always off on side routes.

RedSwirl said:
Yes it is. Well switching lock-on is anyway. For some reason I feel like the controls are a lot less reliable than in Demon's Souls. I'm playing on 360 though so maybe the controls are respond better on PS3?

Double-tap in the direction for changing lock-on. I've never really had an issue this way on the PS3.

Agate said:

Someone left a message there saying "Dragon ahead" when I arrived there. Got me thinking, "holy shit, a dragon is going to burst out of that gate for sure" so I jumped down there, opened the chest, climbed the ladder and sprinted for a good 5 seconds.

Then nothing happened =/

WheelHoss1 said:
How do I get that item on that ledge across from the long narrow stretch in Darkroot Garden?
Go down through the fog gate into the area with the stone giants. On the right there's a tree that you can attack to reveal a hidden path. Just explore the area past there and you should find it.

BeeDog

x3r0123 said:
do ornstein first. Backoff and make sure you see both of them. Proceed to kill them cautiously

But that's what I'm trying to do without any luck. I can manage to kill him off, but when I have to face dude no. 2, he obliterates me and seems impervious to damage.

DigitalDevil said:
Welp, I'm back with my shiny new 320g Infamous 2 bundle.... Got my psn account activated on the machine. Back to Blighttown!

P.S. You know you love a game when you don't even consider repairing your dead machine and rush to buy a new one instead :/

Check OT2 I think it was and me freaking out, I know how you feel :)

x3r0123

BeeDog said:
But that's what I'm trying to do without any luck. I can manage to kill him off, but when I have to face dude no. 2, he obliterates me and seems impervious to damage.

if you have smough left then stay close and roll whenever he tries to attack. If he slams then backoff

Blair

Banned
So i'm beating up the chest thing that drops the lightning spear and it decides to run away and jump on that trap elevator that leads to the spears on the ceiling. Then the item is stuck in the middle of the elevator shaft and i can't get it.

Fucking shit design.

BigAT

So I'm currently at Crystal Caves and I'm looking for weapon advice. I'm currently using a Lightning Spear +4 from Sen's Fortress and while it's alright enough, I feel like there has got to be a better option out there. Any advice on what I should try and go after? My build is primarily focused on STR and END.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom