• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out this ass-bandit that I found while looking through the Book-of-the-Guilty:

6505924903_e67703a569_z.jpg

Yes, that is 30 WoG Spells.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Level 25, lol.

Wish they would boot cheaters. How hard is it to check if the math of their stats match their SL? C'mon Namco.

Manus

Any tips for the huge archers in Anor Londo? They keep knocking me off the ledge, not as I run up the ledge, but as I get to the top and can't make it to either one.

Sullichin

Any tips for the huge archers in Anor Londo? They keep knocking me off the ledge, not as I run up the ledge, but as I get to the top and can't make it to either one.

Ignore the guy on the left. Run toward the guy on the right and roll through his arrow. Get up in his face with your shield. Position yourself so he's closer to the ledge, and he'll fall off the while attempting to bash you. You can also kick him.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I don't understand, why don't they encrypt Xbox 360 game saves like they do on the PS3?

Also, made a new character last night who can equip the Zweihander with one hand. Good god it's awesome. Slamming knights into the ground with one swing feels so good.

Sucks when I miss though.

Ignore the guy on the left. Run toward the guy on the right and roll through his arrow. Get up in his face with your shield. Position yourself so he's closer to the ledge, and he'll fall off the while attempting to bash you. You can also kick him.
Also if you have the Force miracles, blast his ass off.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Try rolling toward the one on the right instead of blocking (scary, I know) when you get near them they will put away their bows and most likely fall to their death trying to get to you.

Or you can pump them full of poison arrows and wait for them to die like I do. :D I paid my dues and took them out via melee the first time through so screw being honorable about it.

Just keep running while keeping your shield up. Ignore the guy on the left. Once you get close he will switch to his sword. Then you just block until he falls off or you can just hit him off if your weapon is strong enough.

But a few poison arrows, park yourself at the back end of that little gazebo across from the arrow guys, shoot the one on the right and wait. Give it a minute or two and he'll die from the poison.

Sullichin

I just realized that, 200 hours in, I've never killed the undead dragons (in valley of the drakes or painted world) or the hellkite in undead burg. :/

Deadstar

Alright, I think I've done all I can in the game and I'm ready for NG+. Anything I should do before I go?

So far I've kindled all bonfires I could. Are there any repercussions for killing all of the npc's if I'm going to go kill the final boss?

Dresden

Alright, I think I've done all I can in the game and I'm ready for NG+. Anything I should do before I go?

So far I've kindled all bonfires I could. Are there any repercussions for killing all of the npc's if I'm going to go kill the final boss?

Not at all, go ahead and do all the depraved shit you've been holding back on.

Tomodachi said:
No love for the Falchion? I used my +15 from the first round to this day (ng++).
Used a +5 Enchanted Falchion for a while and it was solid but I just prefer something with lots of range and sweep, like a Great Scythe.

scosher

No love for the Falchion? I used my +15 from the first round to this day (ng++).

Love it's 2-hit R2, but other than that, it just pales in comparison to the katanas. They're only slightly slower, but katanas have higher damage, bleeds, and a more versatile moveset.

Deadstar

I am using a divine halberd +15. So far it hasn't been an issue. I hope it will scale well in NG+. I have a high faith build.

shiroryu

So I beat the game as a Pyro Warrior, so then I re-rolled as a pure sorc.

I gotta say that I wanted to be a sorc because i saw one guy running around with Homing Soul Arrow and causing mad damage.

But alas, I hate using magic ONLY compared being a pyro warrior. I wish that Pyromancy scaled in NG+. Is getting it ascended to +5 really all that I can do for it?

Magic Warrior is fun. The magic weapon/shield spells, Hidden Body which is as good as Fog Ring(and stacks with it), Hidden Weapon (prevents people from seeing what you have equipped), Fall Control etc. There's a lot of support and a few buff spells in magic.

MrWisker

According to this calculator:

40 Dex = 410 damage
60 Dex = 422 damage

I remember testing this site with some other weapons and it was accurate for me.

That sounds about right. But getting in three or four good swings will add damage up. I figure getting an extra 30 to 40 points of damage over a series of combos. In a good PVP fight it all adds up.

Also use Quelaag's Furysword +5 for about 513 and Chaos Blade +5 for about 462 (hoping to get a good bleed effect in).

I also have a Lifehunt Scythe +5 for about 507 damage. But rarely use it as I have not been able to get a good handle on proper use as it is quit slow.

2AdEPT

Magic Warrior is fun. The magic weapon/shield spells, Hidden Body which is as good as Fog Ring(and stacks with it), Hidden Weapon (prevents people from seeing what you have equipped), Fall Control etc. There's a lot of support and a few buff spells in magic.

How on earth does hidden body and fog ring stack??? do you freaking turn invisible?

So I started this a couple days ago and I'm having fun with it so far. I've probably died a hundred times by now, but that's mostly unavoidable. I'm a level 27 Wanderer with a slightly higher dexterity compared to the rest of my stats.

Right now I'm in the Depths having a hard time doing anything at this point. I took out the Giant Rat miniboss, took care of the Channeler (and got the trident on the first go), and got to the boss. The real problem I've had down here is those damn basilisks. First time I drop down to them, I get swarmed 3 to 1 and there's no way I can avoid the curse clouds with my back against the wall so that's the first death. About 4 more deaths later, I finally make it through all of them and unlock the shortcut back to the bonfire. Now the curse effect has successfully stacked to 1/8th maximum HP and I pretty much die from anything sneezing on me. So there's no way to defeat the Gaping Dragon and it's really hard to go back to Firelink without dying as well. Man it's really going to suck making it all the way back to the Bell Tower. :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Is it much better than a lightning iato +5? Although mine is +4 I still need a slab...

It's a fucking beast. I just took out the centepede fire demon boss 1st try without knowing what to expect. He didn't even stand a chance. I think I was doing 200+ a swing on him one handed.

Deadstar

Going for Seath's tail once again. I will fail.

My NG+ run will be all about getting boss souls and getting tail. I'm hoping it doesn't drive me insane. I didn't know about cutting of tails when I first played through the game and didn't really focus on it.

2AdEPT

So I started this a couple days ago and I'm having fun with it so far. I've probably died a hundred times by now, but that's mostly unavoidable. I'm a level 27 Wanderer with a slightly higher dexterity compared to the rest of my stats.

Right now I'm in the Depths having a hard time doing anything at this point. I took out the Giant Rat miniboss, took care of the Channeler (and got the trident on the first go), and got to the boss. The real problem I've had down here is those damn basilisks. First time I drop down to them, I get swarmed 3 to 1 and there's no way I can avoid the curse clouds with my back against the wall so that's the first death. About 4 more deaths later, I finally make it through all of them and unlock the shortcut back to the bonfire. Now the curse effect has successfully stacked to 1/8th maximum HP and I pretty much die from anything sneezing on me. So there's no way to defeat the Gaping Dragon and it's really hard to go back to Firelink without dying as well. Man it's really going to suck making it all the way back to the Bell Tower. :(

If you have made it out of the depths and out....just go up stairs right outside the door to the vendor that sits in the tunnel back toward firelink...she has a curese stone for 6000 i beleive? IF you have saved your random souls of dead warriors etc. you may be able to afford one. If not you can trade with sparkly the crow in asylum revisited.....just take the elevator to or from the parish to firelink and drop to the platform...you will not have to worry too much about your health bar for this, although there will be a couple dredglings to kill once you get there. I can not remember what to trade, but it is not something extremely rare.

2AdEPT

Going for Seath's tail once again. I will fail.

You will fail a couple times likely, but don't get discouraged....the good news post pathc is that it magically shows up in your inventory once acquired when previously it just sat there...someone chopped it off for me the first time I was there and I didn't even see it laying around...probably went into the wall and was gone.

tc farks

You will fail a couple times likely, but don't get discouraged....the good news post pathc is that it magically shows up in your inventory once acquired when previously it just sat there...someone chopped it off for me the first time I was there and I didn't even see it laying around...probably went into the wall and was gone.

I've already failed like 20 times. I haven't had trouble with this game until now. Well, I died a lot going through Sen's 1st time around. Beat all the bosses quickly, the Anor Lando snipers and boss, got through both 1st try. Cruising until now.

And I don't have the patch, I can't get online. Would surely suck if I finally got it and something like that happened haha. I have like 8 humanity I would use them all to summon someone if I could.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
How I got Seath's tail in NG+:

-Baited him into breaking his immortality crystal
-Got behind him and whacked at the THIN (not fat) TIP part of his tail with a Sunlight Blade-buffed Claymore+13
-Managed to chop it off after a few swipes and as he was recovering from his stun.

Watching a youtube vid that emphasized whacking the thin part was a tremendous help. Before that I tried like 10 times but failed since I was going for the fat part.

How I got Seath's tail in NG+:

-Baited him into breaking his immortality crystal
-Got behind him and whacked at the THIN (not fat) TIP part of his tail with a Sunlight Blade-buffed Claymore+13
-Managed to chop it off after a few swipes and as he was recovering from his stun.
Yeah, this is exactly how I did it this morning, but with an Iaito. The tail didn't get chopped off while he was stunned so I just ran after him and gave it a running stab to finish the job. Make sure you go for the thin part, like he said. Shouldn't take more than a couple attempts with this method.

Did a fair amount this evening.

- Progressed from Upper Blighttown to the Swamps
- Found a cool shortcut up a waterwheel, loads of ladders which took me to a new area. There was a tower and lift there which took me to Firelink, rad.
- Upgraded my Claymore to +8 by the blacksmith in the Burg
- Thought I'd take a shot at the one legged demon by the blacksmith, finished him off very easily.
- Had a walk along through the forest and found Elite armour - hurrah!
- Made me run around like treacle - ouch
- Remembered someone here said about the hard bastard (Havel) at the bottom of the tower in the 'Burg carrying a ring which helps with equipment load so spent forever fighting him. Got the ring!
- Killed the big guard down the alleyway in the Burg, he was like a Dark Knight or something? Fairly badass, I had him.
- Went back to Firelink and saw the Raven sitting about, got to him by the lift, found a key to the Asylum (!!?), so then had a look about and found the nest. He took me back to the Asylum!
- Killed a couple of badass knights and then went through a previously locked door and found another ring, one that helps with walking speed through water - should be handy in the swamps, which is where I am heading back to now! :)

Bought PS+ today, don't want to lose my save :)

Sullichin

I GOT SEATH's FUCKING TAIL!!!!

Thanks for the helps guys. Feels good.

/then he killed me

Nice. I just came in here to post that I accidentally killed him without getting the tail.

FUCK. It was a bad idea to summon a phantom.. I thought he was helping me only attack the tail but nope. By the time I realized Seath was about to die it was too late to do anything. I suppose I could have quit, but I didn't react fast enough.

bone_and_sinew

Nice. I just came in here to post that I accidentally killed him without getting the tail.

FUCK. It was a bad idea to summon a phantom.. I thought he was helping me only attack the tail but nope. By the time I realized Seath was about to die it was too late to do anything. I suppose I could have quit, but I didn't react fast enough.
For next time, keep a black banishment crystal in your inventory and send the phantom a pm when you summon him. If he refuses to help you, send his ass away.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.

The HP reduction of Curse stacking multiple times is a glitch that was fixed in the first patch. If you've got a means of connecting your console to the internet to download it you'll be back to half HP.

tc farks

That sucks bro. I know I was complaining even tho people have had to wait until NG+ and what not to get another shot. I haven't had any experience with this game online, but it seems like it would be advantageous to be able to talk to a phantom you're playing alongside with.

Seath is dead now. I can finally move on in peace. Christ is he easy when you're not trying to get that tail chopped off.

tc farks

I was about to warp out of Crystal Cave when I remembered I still haven't finished the Big Hat Logan stuff. What's the best way to do this? I tried to walk out the way I came and that didn't work. Do I have to warp back to Anor Lando and walk back in?

Also, I bought his 3 new crystal spells, but not all of his spells, thinking I only had to buy the new ones. Does this mean I have to go all the way back through Duke's Archive to get back to that library area where he sells them as well. Then warp back out again?

I was about to warp out of Crystal Cave when I remembered I still haven't finished the Big Hat Logan stuff. What's the best way to do this? I tried to walk out the way I came and that didn't work. Do I have to warp back to Anor Lando and walk back in?

Also, I bought his 3 new crystal spells, but not all of his spells, thinking I only had to buy the new ones. Does this mean I have to go all the way back through Duke's Archive to get back to that library area where he sells them as well. Then warp back out again?

I don't really know, but I did the same thing as you and when I went to free him from the cage he was already gone. I think you have to do it before you beat Seath or something.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Ornstein and Smough...jesus fucking christ. I really hate multi-bosses. Even in co-op hardly anyone ever survives.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ornstein and Smough...jesus fucking christ. I really hate multi-bosses. Even in co-op hardly anyone ever survives.

Kill ornstein first, his "super mode" is a fucking nightmare with that spear grab shit.

Also, can someone tell me if the game ends when I kill
gwyn? I'm to him
and want to be sure I can cash all this useless shit in before it vanishes.

bone_and_sinew

Yeah, it's not as annoying as it sounds though since with the shortcut and just straight up running from enemies you can get from firelink to him in the library in about 5 minutes. BTW, now that Seath is dead I recommend you visit where you encountered him the first time, there's an interesting shiny there.
Kill ornstein first, his "super mode" is a fucking nightmare with that spear grab shit.

Also, can someone tell me if the game ends when I kill
gwyn? I'm to him
and want to be sure I can cash all this useless shit in before it vanishes.
Yes, he is the final boss.

tc farks

Well I got back to Logan and I don't think you have to buy all his spells. All I had were the 3 crystal ones and he's
definitely gone mad

Now I just need to remember how I met up with Seath the 1st time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom