• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anor londo is now my house. Titty bitch dead, androgynous prince dead, sun is down, and I have logan's crystal catalyst.

It's my god does that thing make your spells beast.

Zeth

Ugh. So in my first playthrough I killed the egg guy after Quelaag and couldn't get high level pyromamcies.

This time I didn't kill him but answered "no" to his question and now he won't let me through. Any way around this or should I just quit? /facepalm

Edit: powered off console and restarted to find out it actually DIDN'T save my decision. That's a first haha! Onward I go. Any suggestions for STR weapons? I've been using a battle axe +5 for a bit now and getting bored but Zweihander is a little slow for me.

MMaRsu

Is there any other way to obtain the res invasion stone besides joining the covenant? Please tell me its so.. i want to gain mucho souls not this blue 2500 soul stone bullshit :p. I have like 50 souvenirs and nothing to spend it on.

Ugh. So in my first playthrough I killed the egg guy after Quelaag and couldn't get high level pyromamcies.

This time I didn't kill him but answered "no" to his question and now he won't let me through. Any way around this or should I just quit? /facepalm

Edit: powered off console and restarted to find out it actually DIDN'T save my decision. That's a first haha! Onward I go. Any suggestions for STR weapons? I've been using a battle axe +5 for a bit now and getting bored but Zweihander is a little slow for me.

From the Dark Souls wiki:
EDIT: I accidentally answered "No" when the Egg carrier (The creature blocking the way) asked me if I was a new servant. He attacked me, I killed him and I was able to join the Covenant and get the Pyro spell anyway. Also, no egg was planted on my head. I left the covenant as soon as I got the spell, nevertheless, through Oswald of Carim in the Undead parish. -Bolinkendo

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Chaos+Servant

Zeth

On my first play I also didn't get the egg head thing even though I killed the dude. I don't know why. But I couldn't get the spells anyway.

Where do I get a pyro glove? I thought this was the place.

On my first play I also didn't get the egg head thing even though I killed the dude. I don't know why. But I couldn't get the spells anyway.

Where do I get a pyro glove? I thought this was the place.

There is a Pyro NPC just outside in the swamps opposite the entrance to Quelaag. Maybe there? I've not looked as I started as a Pyro.

tc farks

Got home and killed the 4 kings and just ran around the abyss because I thought the fireplace in the distance was beautiful.

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, the divine club +5 literally is perfect for the Catacombs. 1 hit kills. I was surprised at the 200+ damage.

tc farks

Hey Kenny, you may already know this. But after defeating Queelag and learning that great combustion spell or whatever it is, answer Laurentius at Firelink with a NO when he asks where you found that spell. Unless your pyro glove is fully upgraded already and you've gotten all the spells you want. If you tell him yes
he heads to Blighttown and goes hollow

tc farks

Sure takes a while to get from the bonfire in the Catacombs to the one in Tomb of the Giants...

I'm cool with bonfire scarcity and all, but eh.

krakov

Sure takes a while to get from the bonfire in the Catacombs to the one in Tomb of the Giants...

I'm cool with bonfire scarcity and all, but eh.

There are two in Catacombs, one of them is a bit hidden so look out for that. Also, when you know your way around the trip is less than 30 seconds. If you get tired and have lost your souls/humanity I would recommend trying to drop down at different places.

tc farks

There are two in Catacombs, one of them is a bit hidden so look out for that. Also, when you know your way around the trip is less than 30 seconds. If you get tired and have lost your souls/humanity I would recommend trying to drop down at different places.

Luckily I knew about the shortcut or I'd be out punching babies right now.

Zeth

Is it worth taking the battle axe past +5? I'm about to head to Sen's. Any other good STR weapons at this point? Or should I just wait and upgrade the lighting spear?

one85x

Is it worth taking the battle axe past +5? I'm about to head to Sen's. Any other good STR weapons at this point? Or should I just wait and upgrade the lighting spear?
The claymore, zweihander, and great axe are the three big strength weapons early on. You can also farm a large club off the trolls in Blighttown, or grab the great club behind the boulder trolls near Quelaags lair. The black knight weapons are all worth investing twinkling titanite into if you managed to get any as well.

Do you need to be a darkwraith to be able to suck humanities out of NPC's using the Dark Hand? I'm thinking about doing this to farm before I finish the game. If you have to be a darkwraith though, then I guess it's not an option.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Do you need to be a darkwraith to be able to suck humanities out of NPC's using the Dark Hand? I'm thinking about doing this to farm before I finish the game. If you have to be a darkwraith though, then I guess it's not an option.

Can't do it on NPCs.

If you can it's never worked for me.

Hm, I was reading about farming techniques and it says you can get humanity from Petrus of Thorolund and
Patches
in Firelink. Guess it doesn't work if you're not darkwraith though, so skeleton babies it is. Does anyone know around how many humanities you get an hour by farming them?

I must be hitting a fatigue, died again in Dark Souls, now I have no desire to play it anymore. Going to put this on the shelf for a few days before returning to it. Probably a good time to finish Revelations and play more TOR.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I must be hitting a fatigue, died again in Dark Souls, now I have no desire to play it anymore. Going to put this on the shelf for a few days before returning to it. Probably a good time to finish Revelations and play more TOR.

What got you?

The only thing that really bothers me with this game is the bed of chaos fight.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If you're having trouble, just summon help. Most of the harder bosses have plenty of phantoms available near the closest bonfire.

Two more areas for me (New Londo Ruins & Tomb of Giants).

What got you?

The only thing that really bothers me with this game is the bed of chaos fight.

I just unlocked the door, which required the basement key (the door next to the dragon), after being murdered a few times during my search. That made me tired, especially since the bonfire was at the shrine. Then, I made it to the next boss, killed by that bugger as soon as I entered the fog, and the last time, I was killed by those little fuckers blocking my way to the fog (and not getting my souls/humanity back :( ).

I'll play again later, but I have so many other games I want to play/finish at this point. Like the previous chap, this game is super hard. A bit harder than I'm used too. This is a genre that I'm foreign to, but my friend who really sucks at games finished Dark Souls (even though he got a lot of help from a friend), so I'll have to finish it at some point!

Edit: I'll probably play Dark Souls again when I get back from my mini-vacation. A small break is all that needed to relieve me.

Zeth

I didn't get any Black Knight weapon drops in the parish or burg, even killed them unhollowed >.< Of course I have a black knight great sword on my DEX character...

When I return to the Asylum do those BKs have a chance to drop them? Can you still game the save system by powering off the system before looting to get one?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
If you're having trouble, just summon help. Most of the harder bosses have plenty of phantoms available near the closest bonfire.

Two more areas for me (New Londo Ruins & Tomb of Giants).

That's a double edged sword.

The more help you summon, the more health they have.

I just unlocked the door, which required the basement key (the door next to the dragon), after being murdered a few times during my search. That made me tired, especially since the bonfire was at the shrine. Then, I made it to the next boss, killed by that bugger as soon as I entered the fog, and the last time, I was killed by those little fuckers blocking my way to the fog (and not getting my souls/humanity back :( ).

I'll play again later, but I have so many other games I want to play/finish at this point. Like the previous chap, this game is super hard. A bit harder than I'm used too. This is a genre that I'm foreign to, but my friend who really sucks at games finished Dark Souls (even though he got a lot of help from a friend), so I'll have to finish it at some point!

Edit: I'll probably play Dark Souls again when I get back from my mini-vacation. A small break is all that needed to relieve me.

You're not even that far in and it's getting to you.

That's the capra demon btw. Kill the dogs 1st.

tc farks

Took down the Four Kings. Then Catacombs and Tomb of Giants tonight. Those are truly 2 of the easiest bosses in the game.

It's time for Demon Ruins - Lost Izalith. But that's another night. Sniffing the finish line though. I'm at level 77, 45 hours in.

I skipped The Great Hollow and Ash Lake earlier in the game, because I wanted out of Blighttown. Since its mainly an item grab area or to join the dragon covenant, I still don't have the desire to go there.

Dresden

Yeah, just take a little break and come back. Also before you take on the capra demon there's a shortcut off to the right of the fog door that you can unlock.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I didn't get any Black Knight weapon drops in the parish or burg, even killed them unhollowed >.< Of course I have a black knight great sword on my DEX character...

When I return to the Asylum do those BKs have a chance to drop them? Can you still game the save system by powering off the system before looting to get one?

I got a Black Knight Shield. Almost done with the game and never got a BK Halberd or Sword. Still rocking a Lightning Spear +5.

You're not even that far in and it's getting to you.

That's the capra demon btw. Kill the dogs 1st.

I've thought about the layout, will proably run up stairs to kill dogs, then I'll deal with the boss. I'll check out the area right of the fog to get the shortcut. Btw, will that lead me to the tower right before the Tarius Demon?

The problem is I have so many games I want to play and finish this break, it's getting in the way for me to truly enjoy Dark Souls.

tc farks

I've thought about the layout, will proably run up stairs to kill dogs, then I'll deal with the boss. I'll check out the area right of the fog to get the shortcut. Btw, will that lead me to the tower right before the Tarius Demon?

The problem is I have so many games I want to play and finish this break, it's getting in the way for me to truly enjoy Dark Souls.

Yeah, the stairs offer a huge advantage and once the dogs are gone Capra is a little bitch.

Nothing wrong with taking a break. But make sure you come back for this experience. I know how it is to put a game aside and never get back to it.

Yeah, the stairs offer a huge advantage and once the dogs are gone Capra is a little bitch.

Nothing wrong with taking a break. But make sure you come back for this experience. I know how it is to put a game aside and never get back to it.

That's why my break will only be a few days (until Friday). I've taken breaks before and never touched the game again (Lost Odyssey!!!!!!). Skyward Sword is nearing this point right now.

I just gotta regain my patience.

Hm, I was reading about farming techniques and it says you can get humanity from Petrus of Thorolund and
Patches
in Firelink. Guess it doesn't work if you're not darkwraith though, so skeleton babies it is. Does anyone know around how many humanities you get an hour by farming them?

I wouldn't suggest using skeleton babies for Humanity farming. Skeleton babies are far more annoying to get to, if they drop the Humanity it only stays on the screen for like a second and then disappears (guessing a bug or something due to how they spawn), and is generally a pain in the ass.

Here's how I farm Humanity. Go to the Depths with Covetous Gold Serpent Ring and preferably 10 Humanity in your counter to increase the drop rate. Link to the bonfire behind the sewer chamber door, then run through and kill the rats on the right side where the Greataxe is. Continue to kill rats (the one that busts out of the box, and the three down the stairs). Then, run back up to the bonfire, respawn them and repeat. You fill up pretty quickly.

They drop Humanity far easier from my experience, it doesn't disappear on you before you can pick it up, and you can also put down your summon sign for co-op if you feel like that and you're in the level range. Just farm and if you get summoned it's a nice bonus.

I wouldn't suggest using skeleton babies for Humanity farming. Skeleton babies are far more annoying to get to, if they drop the Humanity it only stays on the screen for like a second and then disappears (guessing a bug or something due to how they spawn), and is generally a pain in the ass.

Here's how I farm Humanity. Go to the Depths with Covetous Gold Serpent Ring and preferably 10 Humanity in your counter to increase the drop rate. Link to the bonfire behind the sewer chamber door, then run through and kill the rats on the right side where the Greataxe is. Continue to kill rats (the one that busts out of the box, and the three down the stairs). Then, run back up to the bonfire, respawn them and repeat. You fill up pretty quickly.

They drop Humanity far easier from my experience, it doesn't disappear on you before you can pick it up, and you can also put down your summon sign for co-op if you feel like that and you're in the level range. Just farm and if you get summoned it's a nice bonus.

Thanks. Sounds good, I'll give it a shot. I noticed that with the babies, their drops are always sinking into the ground before you can get to them. Not to mention their height is kinda annoying with the weapons I use.

Dammit, Im cursed. I was in the sewers and fell into a trap in the floor which lead me to an area with the bug eyes critter-things and got cursed. Now my HP is halved. :mad:

Did some exploring though and made it to the boss,
Gaping Dragon
. Any tips on beating him? Hes slow but hits hard. I cant summon Solaire as a hollow, and I cant reverse my hollow cuz Im cursed. Please tell me theres away out of this?

Wool

Started NG++ tonight, and got invaded by a Darkmoon while I was in that room right below the Gargoyles with the channeler. I'm not sure if he was trying to be a low level griefer or something, but I am at around level 140 so I don't think he was expecting what I gave him. I couldn't find any summon signs, but I summoned Solaire and buffed him with the trident, and we raped the gargoyles.

This is the first playthrough so far where I have rung the first bell without dying once, and it took less than 15 minutes. Going through areas without having to pick up any items makes the game go so much faster. I don't know why I waited so long to get the trophies, but all I need now is the third Soul of Sif to make the last weapon and I'll have the platinum.

Wallachia

Dammit, Im cursed. I was in the sewers and fell into a trap in the floor which lead me to an area with the bug eyes critter-things and got cursed. Now my HP is halved. :mad:

Gaping Dragon
. Any tips on beating him? Hes slow but hits hard. I cant summon Solaire as a hollow, and I cant reverse my hollow cuz Im cursed. Please tell me theres away out of this?

Female merchant sells a remove curse item. Or trade with Snuggly at the Asylum.

Asylum? Snuggly? How do you get back to the Asylum?

Take the elevator from Firelink up to the Church, and walk backwards on the way up to the little pathway slightly above. From there you have to roll onto a pillar and walk up the stairs, then curl up into a ball in the nest.

Gaping Dragon

Farm that group of 5 rats for humanity, just down the right-hand stairs from the bonfire in the depths.

Then summon Solaire AND wait for a summon sign if you're having trouble. Or you can just summon Solaire and Lautrec, Lautrec's summon sign is behind the pillar that Solaire's is next to.

99% sure this isn't the case; what's happening is they're dropping fake humanity from time to time along with the real thing. When an actual humanity drops, it doesn't go away; the fake ones you can't pick up at all, even if you get there in time.

Dresden

It was a good night of invading - constant invasions, almost no downtime in between said invasions. That was as a darkwraith though; earlier in the day as a darkblade, not a single bite.

Only problem is that I lost most of it. :lol I'm not comfortable without the crutch of BKGA str build or my casters - running a dex build katana guy is proving rather difficult. Also doesn't help that this is in Anor Londo where most of the fights were 2v1 or 3v1.

Desperately need more poise and hp; got stunlocked to death by a BKGA. I might just start anew.
What about those Acid Worms that ambush you?
It's almost instant death.

They're no biggie.

Only 'cheap' place/area/enemy, I feel, is Bed of Chaos and Lost Izalith - I've done it enough times to do it comfortably but fuck is it annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom