• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
I just hate the Skeleton Wheels.
From needs to up their ante in Dark Souls 2.
Pu3it.jpg

Another funny glitch-type thing I had happen today. Fighting the Sen's Fortress boss - He grabbed me and threw me down. Killed him the second time and I looked for the bloodstain, it wasn't there - now I kind of remember it being a little longer than normal getting the YOU DIED - so I looked below anf vaguely saw something down below, just! I thought - hey, that has got to be the first boulder run. So I took down the cage lift and of course my bloodstain was on the first boulder area, where Seigmeyer sits below.

Kind of crazy that the game registered the kill down there where I landed.

Soulhouf

I'm lvl 125 and invade frequently near the Bonfire at the Burg. I play on PS3 btw.

That's a very popular place for PvP and most players are SL~120 there.

Another funny glitch-type thing I had happen today. Fighting the Sen's Fortress boss - He grabbed me and threw me down. Killed him the second time and I looked for the bloodstain, it wasn't there - now I kind of remember it being a little longer than normal getting the YOU DIED - so I looked below anf vaguely saw something down below, just! I thought - hey, that has got to be the first boulder run. So I took down the cage lift and of course my bloodstain was on the first boulder area, where Seigmeyer sits below.

Kind of crazy that the game registered the kill down there where I landed.
It happened to me once.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Why the hell did this thread disappear from my subscriptions? I missed out a few pages because it was just gone. Wonder how that happened...
I think he might have meant the Depths/Upper Blighttown.
Late in responding but I still don't get how you can skip that part without the master key. Anyone?

masterkajo

I just read about some funny Dark Souls message placements like the "Amazing Chest ahead" in Gwynevere's chambers. This reminded me of one I read last time I played through the game which took me 5 or 6 reads of the message until I got it.
It read "everywhere ahead" and I found it in Anor Londo in the room with all the Dragon heads on the wall.

I think I have to start playing the game again (I am weak).

Why the hell did this thread disappear from my subscriptions? I missed out a few pages because it was just gone. Wonder how that happened...

Late in responding but I still don't get how you can skip that part without the master key. Anyone?

You can't actually skip Blighttown entirely. You still need to get down and ring the bell. But you can go Undead Parish -> Darkroot Garden -> Darkroot Basin -> Valley of Drakes -> Blighttown backdoor get down using the giant waterwheel.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You can't actually skip Blighttown entirely. You still need to get down and ring the bell. But you can go Undead Parish -> Darkroot Garden -> Darkroot Basin -> Valley of Drakes -> Blighttown backdoor get down using the giant waterwheel.
Oh, right, duh. I suppose Capra is entire skippable without the master key then. Completely forgot about the Darkroot Basin -> Valley of Drakes elevator, lol.

Kill Ingward, drain New Londo, then go up through the Valley of the Drakes. It lets you completely skip the Depths and the hard way through Blighttown without the Master Key.

EDIT: I'm slow. masterkajo's way works too.

masterkajo

Kill Ingward, drain New Londo, then go up through the Valley of the Drakes. It lets you completely skip the Depths and the hard way through Blighttown without the Master Key.

EDIT: I'm slow. masterkajo's way works too.

Ha, never thought about your way. I love the fact that after having played the game this much I can still get my mind blown by things I have never considered or didn't know.

Speaking of things I didn't know: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWLedd0Zw3c6xdi9Ta25qqVO5-MqmHdVv

Blinck

Hey guys I'm having a problem with Dark Souls and GFWL.
I have the game on steam and have played through it some time ago.

I got a new PC and yesterday I was trying to play the game again...I logged in and GFWL asked me to insert the product key. I went to the steam library and got the key. When I inserted it GFWL said that the key was already in use.

I don't know what to do. I don't understand why GFWL is asking me to register the game again. I only have this account and it should have Dark Souls already registered since I had already played so much of it previously. Has this happen to any of you?

any help would be great!

Divius

If you go to your GFWL profile and check 'View Games' is Dark Souls in the gamelist?

edit: I have no idea how to help though, I despise GFWL and have no knowledge of it.

Hey guys I'm having a problem with Dark Souls and GFWL.
I have the game on steam and have played through it some time ago.

I got a new PC and yesterday I was trying to play the game again...I logged in and GFWL asked me to insert the product key. I went to the steam library and got the key. When I inserted it GFWL said that the key was already in use.

I don't know what to do. I don't understand why GFWL is asking me to register the game again. I only have this account and it should have Dark Souls already registered since I had already played so much of it previously. Has this happen to any of you?

any help would be great!

Uninstall GFWL (like nuke it completely)
reinstall the newest version from HERE: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/LIVE/PC/DownloadClient

try again, it should work.

Buntabox

I finally beat Ornstein and Smough last night. Orn's second form is very annoying. Took patience (as does everything in this game). Quelagg's Fury came in handy against both. I'm ashamed to say I couldn't beat them solo though. I used Knight Solaire as a meat shield.

Thanks for watching guys, I'll try and continue the journey tomorrow! Been playing like 8 hours a day. Game is really great, wish I would have played it sooner!

Nerokis

I'm around 4 hours in now, and I've barely passed the Taurus Demon. Soon after killing him, I was killed by poison, which lead to around ~30 minutes of desperate repeat corpse retrieval runs (refused to lose 10,000 souls). After the 4th or 5th time getting back my souls, I realized there wasn't a safe path anywhere, and decided to just teleport back to the bonfire and spend everything. Now level 20.

Loving the game so far.

I'm around 4 hours in now, and I've barely passed the Taurus Demon. Soon after killing him, I was killed by poison, which lead to around ~30 minutes of desperate repeat corpse retrieval runs (refused to lose 10,000 souls). After the 4th or 5th time getting back my souls, I realized there wasn't a safe path anywhere, and decided to just teleport back to the bonfire and spend everything. Now level 20.

Loving the game so far.

Them rats are assholes. Try luring them out on the ledge one by one.

Seanspeed

Banned

Loving the game so far.

Safe path. lol

Nerokis

Them rats are assholes. Try luring them out on the ledge one by one.

Good tip. I'll do that next time I go over there. I didn't expect the rats to be such a pain, although I think I overcompensated toward avoidance after realizing I could be poisoned. I started to run around them, then they'd surround and kill me when I'd try to go back. Lol.

Safe path. lol

Hahaha. I know. I hoped there would be another bonfire nearby, and everywhere I went there was either 1). a giant pig thing surrounded by undead archers, 2). a knight I'm too afraid to fight after another knight I stumbled upon earlier took practically no damage from a backstab and I had to run away (my brother was watching me play when that happened, and it was an "oh shit" moment for both of us), or 3). poisonous rats literally waiting for me at the bottom of a ladder.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hahaha. I know. I hoped there would be another bonfire nearby, and everywhere I went there was either 1). a giant pig thing surrounded by undead archers, 2). a knight I'm too afraid to fight after another knight I stumbled upon earlier took practically no damage from a backstab and I had to run away (my brother was watching me play when that happened, and it was an "oh shit" moment for both of us), or 3). poisonous rats literally waiting for me at the bottom of a ladder.
wSjWuVo.gif

krakov

The Rapier does more damage because it's +13, and the Greatsword isn't upgraded, though even then I'm not sure. It's also, you know, significantly faster.

Moonlight greatsword +5 with 40 int will do more damage than any rapier. I guess you don't at all care for stunlock? The moveset is pretty fun and useful as well.

Toxi

Banned
I'm glad to see you're enjoying Dark Souls.

Did you kick the ladder under the bridge?

The Rapier does more damage because it's +13, and the Greatsword isn't upgraded, though even then I'm not sure. It's also, you know, significantly faster.
as a greatsword though, the MLGS has great stunlock, or it did last time I used it, can't remember if they changed it in the last patch or not.

If you like the Claymore, Manserpent Sword etc, it's just the same but it also has that cool R2 magic sonic boom attack. Saying all that, one of my favourite weapons on a magic build is a rapier. I've just started out on one atm actually with the Estoc which is a favourite overall, I love that R2 attack that can hit a group of enemies, even if they damage sucks (and the lack of a kick attack with the rapiers is the only downside for me).

I'm not playing PVP, and I'm already past the part of the game where I actually need to fight any enemies, so stunlock isn't really important. The sonic boom is all that really matters. I don't expect this will be able to put out the same damage as a physical greatsword.

I don't know why people consider sorcery to be the easiest. Dark Bead is overpowered, but you can't get that until after Oreos and S'mores. It's useful for the bosses before that, but all of those are really very easy after your first or second playthrough. And sorcery is currently doing me no favors against Nito or Artorias.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm not playing PVP, and I'm already past the part of the game where I actually need to fight any enemies, so stunlock isn't really important. The sonic boom is all that really matters. I don't expect this will be able to put out the same damage as a physical greatsword.

I don't know why people consider sorcery to be the easiest. Dark Bead is overpowered, but you can't get that until after Oreos and S'mores. It's useful for the bosses before that, but all of those are really very easy after your first or second playthrough. And sorcery is currently doing me no favors against Nito or Artorias.

I don't know man, my pure sorc steamrolled through everything, artorias included.

Are you using the crown of dusk and the dragon ring?

Are you using all the magic boosting stuff like Dusk Crown, bellowing ring, the best catalysts, even power within for bosses. They rip through almost everything.

Gwyn goes down in abour 3 or 4 blasts of crystal homing soulmass. It's so silly.

I have the crown, 40 intelligence, Sorceror's Catalyst. Soul Spear and Great Heavy Soul Arrow only do around 300-400 damage to most bosses. It's not very impressive, especially considering the cast speed.

Also glad Dark Souls 2 has new sorcery animations. No more of that stupid staff wiggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom