• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't decide if I want to pre-order the super duper Dark Souls 2 edition.

I love the series soooo much that a CE just seemed instant purchase to me. But honestly, I don't think the figure looks that cool. I wonder if its really worth it or I'm just being sucked in by blind love lol.

That feeling when you beat down some dogs, roll past some hollows, backstab everyone, and then get stunlocked to death by a torch hollow in the corner. That happened to me in The Depths a couple of days ago. xD

EDIT: So does the RNG hate me or did they switch Black Knight drops to be 100%? Because I've killed three and got the sword, the greatsword, and the halberd! ON A DEX BUILD WITH BASE THIEF STRENGTH.

Further evidence: I've played this game for over 110 hours and have never got a Balder Side Sword to drop.

You know, I just started a new character, and the two Black Knights I killed so far both dropped their weapons. Maybe it was patched.

Gazoinks

Just beat the Gargoyles in record time (for me :p) on my new guy. +5 Rapier plus really high dex for the level plus Lightning Resin works wonders. Good because I want to get to Sen's already so I can get Ricard's Rapier. >.>

Booshka

Just beat the Gargoyles in record time (for me :p) on my new guy. +5 Rapier plus really high dex for the level plus Lightning Resin works wonders. Good because I want to get to Sen's already so I can get Ricard's Rapier. >.>

Regular Rapier is better than Ricard's imo. Estoc is also a much better alternative to Ricard's.

MG310

Making progress towards the Platinum trophy...leveled up the Darkmoon and Gravelord Covenants to get the spells for that trophy. Just need to do the Warrior of Sunlight one, finish off the game again and then go back through and get another Soul of Sif.

Think it might be in my top 3 for the gen at this point - a little over 106 hours, lots of nights up until 3 and 4AM and multiple back to back playthroughs.

Tacitus_

tPWCVRr.jpg

Heh. I have no idea where the majority of the opened barriers are (first time playing this) as I've only bumped into the one in that castle zone, but I think I'll go explore the gardens next. I left a boss unkilled there for one.

Blinck

Has this Dark Souls tribute song been posted before? Great work and a lot of effort put into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N7J802QzP4

Prolly has, but it's worth posting again none the less, I think :p

Been back to the game to get the platinum (or the equivelent in the PC version ), and man...this game...this fucking game really is something.
The problem with Dark Souls is that whenever I play it for a while, I don't feel like playing other games because they just feel "inferior" ( except for Demon's of course )
I don't know ...it's just insane.

Tawpgun

Just got this.

Help.

I beat the Asylum Demon (damn he had a lot of tricks up his sleeve)

Now im in that area the Raven drops you off at, practicing fighting (and dieing) against the skeletons, just want to get a hang of it all.

Gazoinks

Just got this.

Help.

Now im in that area the Raven drops you off at, practicing fighting (and dieing) against the skeletons, just want to get a hang of it all.

The graveyard, despite being right next to Firelink, isn't a beginner area. Head up the hill towards the big bridge.

As a general rule of thumb, if you get a hit on an enemy and it does basically no damage and then they one-shot you, you should probably come back later.

eot

Banned
I tried parrying Havel for the first time and it was super easy, almost like he has an extra long parry window. Backstabbing makes for a more fun fight though.

Tacitus_

The graveyard, despite being right next to Firelink, isn't a beginner area. Head up the hill towards the big bridge.

As a general rule of thumb, if you get a hit on an enemy and it does basically no damage and then they one-shot you, you should probably come back later.

I kept going there to die too >_>
I think I just took the "prepare to die" a bit too literally.

So, because of the Drake Sword talk in the other thread my supposed break from Dark Souls ended and I'm rocking a new Cursed Egghead build.

Cursed, full second-stage egghead (as of halfway through Blighttown, the transformation scared me and almost got me killed by the slugs!).

Gear is also 'bad luck/ruined' stuff - Pyro starter set poncho, hollow soldier skirt and using only the Drake Sword and either the plank or cracked shield (going to look at getting multiple cracked and ascending them for different resistances like magic etc, every little helps). Also using only poison/toxic/power within pyros to also go with the cursed theme.

The bosses take forever with Drake Sword+3, this thing really is the pits, but I can see how new players want to grab it when they do, it does seem like a powerful weapon, well until you reach Andre at least :p

Just reached Anor Londo, and I think I will need to upgrade the DS as far as it will go for O&S, it really was little help against Iron Goldem (and you can't reverse hollow when cursed, so no NPC phantom helpers).

Just got this.

Help.

Go talk to the gloomy guy next to the bonfire. Keep talking to him until you exhaust all his dialog. He tells you exactly where to go and what to do.

Tacitus_

Man, feels weird going back to killing bosses I apparently skipped. Butterfly, one shotted. Gaping Dragon, one shotted. Giant Grey Wolf, two shotted (would've one shotted but he kept me stunlocked by doing the twirling move thrice).

None of the horror of that goddamn duo boss.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Man, feels weird going back to killing bosses I apparently skipped. Butterfly, one shotted. Gaping Dragon, one shotted. Giant Grey Wolf, two shotted (would've one shotted but he kept me stunlocked by doing the twirling move thrice).

None of the horror of that goddamn duo boss.

Sorry if you mentioned this somewhere else, but what weapon have you been rocking since you ditched the drake sword/spear?

Tacitus_

Sorry if you mentioned this somewhere else, but what weapon have you been rocking since you ditched the drake sword/spear?

+10 Butcher Knife and I just got enough endurance to re-equip my Black Iron Greatshield (+5). Equipped with Black Iron Armor (+1 on each). I'll probably raise my Str again until I can meet the requirements for Havels shield which I just found thanks to a scribbling on the floor and then raise my endurance 5 times to be able to wield it and keep my medium roll.

sublimit

Banned
I'm wondering is it possible to drop a consumable item for another player to heal if he/she has low health or being poisoned?Never tried this since i always mostly played solo but it just occurred to me.

Tacitus_

Ah, bollocks. I lost a ton of souls and two humanity to the slip 'n slide inside the hollow tree. Might be time to get some sleep instead :d

Divius

Ah thanks.I knew that it was possible to exchange weapons,armor and upgrades but somehow i felt that it might not be possible to give consumables like flasks or moss to other phantoms when playing co-op.
Moss, yes.
Estus, no. But when you use estus you also heal your phantoms.

sublimit

Banned
Moss, yes.

Thanks i didn't knew about that either.Like i said i hardly played the game online the first time but i'm thinking replaying it now and try to be more active online so this information will come in handy.

Btw could you do that (giving consumables to other phantoms in co-op) in Demon's Souls as well?

schuey7

Moss, yes.

Got the game in the recent steam sale and loving it so far.Did not know this so thanks.Anyways I've just fought the stray demon and have both a claymore and a black knight sword and just cannot decide between them.

Booshka

Got the game in the recent steam sale and loving it so far.Did not know this so thanks.Anyways I've just fought the stray demon and have both a claymore and a black knight sword and just cannot decide between them.

Claymore is better overall, but Black Knight Sword has short term gains with high damage without having to upgrade much.

Cursed egghead drake sword run: O&S is giving me a major headache. I think my only hope is to grind to level up vitality (currently at 28), since I can't upgrade my weapon any more and will not change my armour (pyro poncho, hollow soldier skirt, plank shield) and am only using poison pyromancy. Basically getting one/two shot by them, not fun! This is way tougher than SL1 run and only see it getting worse, dreading Nito actually.

Tacitus_

So I found a ton of dragon scales and a big dragon sword after going down the tree. The sword looks to do a lot more damage than my current, but I also found a new ember after going to the New Londo ruins and could upgrade my Butcher Knife again with that.

Any recommendations?

Arjen

So I found a ton of dragon scales and a big dragon sword after going down the tree. The sword looks to do a lot more damage than my current, but I also found a new ember after going to the New Londo ruins and could upgrade my Butcher Knife again with that.

Any recommendations?

+15 is almost always the best way to go, how high is your strenght?

Where the fuck is a smithbox and where the fuck is the blacksmith
The first blacksmith is down the elevator at Firelink, in the first part of New Londo Ruins with all the non-hostile hollows.

Smithing box sold by Andre the main blacksmith under at Undead Parish, the path going off to the forest, outside directly opposite the lift back to Firelink. Other blacksmiths you will find later.

Tacitus_

Man the corpse runs to bosses in this game are worse than in MMOs. Three minutes of just running (and I skipped 3 knight fights on the way which nearly got me killed) just to die in 30 seconds is disheartening.

eot

Banned
If you repeatedly die early in a fight it gets to be quite annoying yeah, but if you have a decent attempt I like the downtime.

Divius

My level 1 run continues: Not much problems so far, All bosses went down on the first try. Except O&S. Took me 3 tries, because the first time I forgot to switch pyromancies so I was outclasses against Super Ornstein, second time I rolled into Super Smoughs ass-lightning in stead of away from it (d'oh!), third time presented no trouble (and no dumb errors on my end). About to head down to the blighttown pyromancy girl and upgrade my glove to the max.

Up next: 4kings, which frightens me a lot because I suck at them even when I'm a regular level.

eot

Banned
Heh, you don't seem to be having any trouble. Just remember that Crown of Dusk makes you take more magic damage, so 4-Kings can 1-shot you with some attacks if you wear it. Maybe they can otherwise too? Not sure, I didn't realize that until after I fought them.

Divius

I think I will head back to undead asylum and pick up the Crest Shield because of its high magic resistance before I take them on, yeah.

And so far it has been a pretty smooth ride with most of the deaths (6/7 in total or so) me being dumb or trying to rush things.

Gazoinks

Ah I love the mushrooms and the incredibly matter-of-fact way they punch you. Ain't got no time for no chosen undead, they got children to raise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom