• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parry or summon.

dude you were right! equipped havel's armour set, black knight shield, and hornets ring. went in there and parried the shit out of that motherfucker.

never has it felt so satisfying to complete a game.

i got like 65% trophies as well. still need all miracles, all pyromancies, rare weapons, and some upgrade weapon path trophies.

only took me 48 hours! bloody hell!

maomaoIYP

Played this again last night after a long break with MW3. So many people to slaughter!
Invaded a dude in the painted world who had a phantom with him. His phantom had over 50% encumbrance and thought he would simply outrun someone with less than 25%. I killed him with a single backstab. The host sat with the ring of fog on top of the spiral staircase hoping I wouldn't find him, only to fall when I shot him with a triple lightning bolt shot.

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone know of a good armor guide that has all the stats for fully upgraded armor? This wiki has some of them, but it is missing a lot and the layout is all over the place.

sleepykyo

Played this again last night after a long break with MW3. So many people to slaughter!
Invaded a dude in the painted world who had a phantom with him. His phantom had over 50% encumbrance and thought he would simply outrun someone with less than 25%. I killed him with a single backstab. The host sat with the ring of fog on top of the spiral staircase hoping I wouldn't find him, only to fall when I shot him with a triple lightning bolt shot.
MW3 ? 10 invasions as forest. 2nd game spawned in right of the player at kissing . Got backstabbed. 8th spawned into a 2 on 1. In between p1 and p2s sword . It felt like Namco imported mw3?s spawn system .

CatPee

Anyone know of a good armor guide that has all the stats for fully upgraded armor? This wiki has some of them, but it is missing a lot and the layout is all over the place.

The official guide, basically. Though it's inaccurate on nerfed stuff like Gold-Hemmed Set and Antique Set, of course.

maomaoIYP

MW3 ? 10 invasions as forest. 2nd game spawned in right of the player at kissing . Got backstabbed. 8th spawned into a 2 on 1. In between p1 and p2s sword . It felt like Namco imported mw3?s spawn system .

Are the forest invasions still non-level capped? I'm a Anor Londo / Painted world man myself, I haven't tried forest since the patch. I like the hide and seek aspects that aren't available in the forest. The last time I did forest I was the host, trolling invaders with the chameleon spell.

This one has post patch stats
http://darksouls.lljk.net/

one85x

Tar pit? I never went down.
Ya, it has the same slowing effect as the Blighttown swamp. You can safely drop down at the far end of the room near the single blade. There will be three lightning snakes waiting for you when you land though.

Dresden

Are the forest invasions still non-level capped? I'm a Anor Londo / Painted world man myself, I haven't tried forest since the patch. I like the hide and seek aspects that aren't available in the forest. The last time I did forest I was the host, trolling invaders with the chameleon spell.
Still not level capped.

malfcn

It breaks part of the game.

"Hey! He is swinging his weapon around side-to-side"
"Hey! I can hide in this narrow tunnel"
"Hey! Just died because he can swing side-to-side through the tunnel"

How does that reward the player?

You learn that tunnel is not safe.

There were times as well where my weapon clips through the wall, but at certain ranges and certain weapons. In the end, You just gotta deal with it.

Yea seems only a few monsters actually follows the same formula as your character.

They do totally get special treatment. Things like swinging through walls while you can't, curving arrows like it's fucking Wanted, and even the fact that they get cloth physics on their models while the players are stuck with static capes and robes straight out of a Bethesda game.

It probably has to do with the fact you pretty much exploits all demons if they can't clip through the walls. In Trouble? Fight against the wall where rapier reign supreme.

Dresden

They do totally get special treatment. Things like swinging through walls while you can't, curving arrows like it's fucking Wanted, and even the fact that they get cloth physics on their models while the players are stuck with static capes and robes straight out of a Bethesda game.

This right here. Robes and capes all look like shit because of this.

Hope that DLC adds in some cool looking wizard shit.

Mutombo

I agree. This game is hard, so you have to make do with what you can in order to survive. When I am on top of the stairs in the tower and the Dark Knight is underneath, he should not able to hit through the ceiling. But when foes do and kill you, this game becomes downright unfair and frustrating.

DiddyBop

This game continues to amaze me. I'm soul level 22 (not through grinding just through repeatedly dying and collecting more souls as I go to recover my lost accumulated ones) and I'm in the darkroot forest/basin area right now. I love how the entire world just flows from one area to the next. I also like how isolated it feels. Like I enter a new area but dont have any NPC explaining in detail where I'm supposed to go or what I'm supposed to do, I just have to explore and figure it out.

Combat is really intense and I love fighting against those dark knight dudes that pop up every once in a while. For the most part every fight is manageable, the game really does punish you for not being careful and not having patience and I love that aspect of it. I get sucked into the world everytime I turn on my PS3. Can't wait for more after work!

If me and another phantom invade someone in the forest and that other phantom gets the kill but I get the "TARGET DESTROYED" message, does that count towards my 3 Forest Covenant kills?

So I went back to the firelink shrine and upon walking through the doorway leading into the fountain pool I heard a sinister growl. I froze and put up my shield but didn't see anything. Pressed X on the message to see what it'd say but that made the growling stop. The message said "be wary of enemy". What was that? Scared me and my wife lol even though she told me to just walk forward and see what it was haha.

Frank

If you only rang the first bell, come back after you do the second one for the full reveal.

It's a character which will help you -- gives some directions, opens up the last 3rd of the game, you can sell items for souls to him & break down chunks into shards.

He is
Kingseeker Fraampt
, one of the two primordial
serpents
you can run into during your adventure.

/edit
The "Be wary of enemy" message is a good point, but don't worry about it now, it will make sense to you later -- it's more of a meta-game point, then anything.
Fraampt's a fucking liar. The other serpent tells you the truth about what's going on and your role in everything.

Shito

Good weapons for faith builds? I'm looking at some of pvp builds but they're not very helpful.
I play my faith character with a +5 occult claymore.
It's probably not the "best weapon you could find for this build", still, I like the look of it and the godlike R2 thrust attack. PvP faith builds are supposed to use WoTG instead of a weapon anyways, so why not use the weapon you're the most comfortable with and make it occult +5.

krakov

Occult weapons seems pfetty shitty to me. Elemental is on par or better with a fragment of stats invested. Same with magic/divine/enchanted. I hope they keep balancing with further patches.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Sitting in the Painted World farming souls for my dex/int build with my souped-up great scythe. Was wondering: how much should I dedicate for vit/end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom