• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I just killed a
giant vagina-toothed dragon
in the depths. How the fuck do I get out of here. I'm getting claustrophobia.

Where's Blighttown?

I just killed a
giant vagina-toothed dragon
in the depths. How the fuck do I get out of here. I'm getting claustrophobia.

Where's Blighttown?

Go back in the direction you came to get to Gaping's room. There'll be a large room with some slimes, rats, and a merchant sitting on the floor. On the far end of that room is a large door to open.

Alternatively, if you have the Master Key, you can get in through the Valley of Drakes and skip most of it. It's a rather unpleasant level anyway.

Oh ok. Thanks, mxgt. Nice to have a clear destination to travel to.

At one point in firelink where the skeletons are... I nearly shat myself when a gargantuan skeleton arose in front of me. I was just scavenging bodies and picking off little skeletons when "WHAAAAT?!"

Jintor

Go back in the direction you came to get to Gaping's room. There'll be a large room with some slimes, rats, and a merchant sitting on the floor. On the far end of that room is a large door to open.

Alternatively, if you have the Master Key, you can get in through the Valley of Drakes and skip most of it. It's a rather unpleasant level anyway.

Thanks man.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yes. The stone needed for a max weapon is no longer a drop and instead 1 (2 in the case of large titanite slab) per game treasure.

PRAISE THE SUN!

I'll be starting Dark Souls after I get 20K Comrad with LiquidSolid in Peace Walker then.

Jintor

I just wanted to vent about d/cing from PSN when I had just nearly gotten a boss down to like a thimble-full of health and having to do the entire fucking boss fight again without the benefit of lightning amber :T

Fucking PSN

sixghost

I just wanted to vent about d/cing from PSN when I had just nearly gotten a boss down to like a thimble-full of health and having to do the entire fucking boss fight again without the benefit of lightning amber :T

Fucking PSN

You should really just play the game in offline mode if you have a spotty internet connection. It's kind of harsh how the game handles that stuff, but I imagine the last thing they wanted was guys pulling the cable anything they needed to get rid of an invader.

cj_iwakura

Some great duels today(I'm invading in Duke's Archives, gimme that Darkwraith Armor, Kaathe!), but a lot of disconnects.

Don't be scared, I'll make it quick.

Oh man. Traveled into the Depths and got killed by a soul arrow throwing dude and his rat minions. Is there a bonfire nearby? Long trek is long.

Also that
giant rat
seemed tough but I took it out with arrows through the gate. Good idea or no? Either way, I died and never collected what he dropped =[. Does it respawn? Did I miss something unique?

Sullichin

Oh man. Traveled into the Depths and got killed by a soul arrow throwing dude and his rat minions. Is there a bonfire nearby? Long trek is long.

Also that
giant rat
seemed tough but I took it out with arrows through the gate. Good idea or no? Either way, I died and never collected what he dropped =[. Does it respawn? Did I miss something unique?

I think he just drops a humanity. There's a bonfire in the depths very close to where you first get into the sewers. It's behind a door that is locked but you might have the key already, having explored the depths. The door is at the end of the hallway with slimes on the ceiling. The master key also unlocks it I believe. Like most other areas, the depths has a shortcut that makes the trip to the boss pretty fast.

And lol @ magic enchant being called sticky white stuff in demon's souls. One of the MP refill items is Old Spice. Jizz on your sword and put on some deodorant for max magic damage.

Thanks for the answer on Shiva from earlier.

I swear to god, does anyone else get invaded in Anor Londo the SECOND they turn human? I can't go 10 minutes without being invaded there. Just lost my last piece of humanity and can't summon help for O&S now. UGH. DAMMIT.

Ok so I've just beaten the
Iron Golem
and now I'm in
Anor Londo
and I'm lost. Everywhere I've gone seems to lead to a dead end. Am I missing something?

Dresden

Thanks for the answer on Shiva from earlier.

I swear to god, does anyone else get invaded in Anor Londo the SECOND they turn human? I can't go 10 minutes without being invaded there. Just lost my last piece of humanity and can't summon help for O&S now. UGH. DAMMIT.

Just pull the plug when you get invaded if you keep dying and losing humanity. Anything below Kiln is just gankers doing their thing now.

Iron Golem
and now I'm in
Anor Londo
and I'm lost. Everywhere I've gone seems to lead to a dead end. Am I missing something?

Across the Bonfire room, go straight up the stairs and ahead. There will be an elevator.

VV

Read this guy post if you past the part I'm talking about.

Iron Golem
and now I'm in
Anor Londo

you are. i assume you have fought the
gargoyle
then it looks like a dead end? before you get to where you fought him, you have to fall off to the left, then walk up a buttress to get to the building on the other side. if you fight some knife wielding robe wearers you found the right way.

you are. i assume you have fought the
gargoyle
then it looks like a dead end? before you get to where you fought him, you have to fall off to the left, then walk up a buttress to get to the building on the other side. if you fight some knife wielding robe wearers you found the right way.
Wow. I had no idea you could walk up those things. I thought I would slide off and die so I didn't try. Thanks for the help.

Wow. I had no idea you could walk up those things. I thought I would slide off and die so I didn't try. Thanks for the help.

no problem. if i remember correctly there are a few places in anor londo where its tough to see exactly where to go next, and you often have to find some narrow passage. overall anor londo is a great area.

i just made it to the demon ruins myself and beat
ceaseless discharge
. i didnt think it was a very tough boss. unfortunately i had a to quit soon after and wont get to play again for a couple of weeks.

sleepykyo

You should really just play the game in offline mode if you have a spotty internet connection. It's kind of harsh how the game handles that stuff, but I imagine the last thing they wanted was guys pulling the cable anything they needed to get rid of an invader.

I still got the occasional target disconnected message. Is there is some penalty for using the black stone (banishment/exit)? Seems unnecessary to pull the cord to avoid a fight.

All the time, back when the game was new.

Speaking of which, I wish I gave 1.05 a try before this last week. The lower aggro range makes Izalith so much less frustrating. It also seems like a lot of the bosses got a slight nerf.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I still got the occasion target disconnected message. Is there is some penalty for using the black stone (banishment/exit)? Seems unnecessary to pull the cord to avoid a fight.

The host can't use the stone to banish invaders. Invaders can use it to leave, co-op phantoms can use it to leave, and the host can use it to banish co-op phantoms, but the only way to avoid invaders without a fight is to pull the plug.

Booshka

The host can't use the stone to banish invaders. Invaders can use it to leave, co-op phantoms can use it to leave, and the host can use it to banish co-op phantoms, but the only way to avoid invaders without a fight is to pull the plug.

You can do it even easier on 360, I see people dashboarding all the time when I invade. Get disconnected, check the players list and see that their are sitting at the dashboard. You can also just start a Party Chat and you will be kicked out of the session and taken to the title screen. Pretty annoying, but I can see the frustration, and I gank pretty hard with my Crystal DGM +4 at level 60, so, it's understandable.

If you keep losing to invaders and wasting humanity, just stay hollow and put your sign down, if you beat the boss as phantom you get humanity.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
You can do it even easier on 360, I see people dashboarding all the time when I invade. Get disconnected, check the players list and see that their are sitting at the dashboard. You can also just start a Party Chat and you will be kicked out of the session and taken to the title screen. Pretty annoying, but I can see the frustration, and I gank pretty hard with my Crystal DGM +4 at level 60, so, it's understandable.

If you keep losing to invaders and wasting humanity, just stay hollow and put your sign down, if you beat the boss as phantom you get humanity.

You can do basically the same thing on PS3 by bringing up the XMB and signing out of PSN, which boots you back to the title screen and kicks out any invaders. I just like referring to it as "pulling the plug" because it sounds more dramatic.

Booshka

You can do basically the same thing on PS3 by bringing up the XMB and signing out of PSN, which boots you back to the title screen and kicks out any invaders. I just like referring to it as "pulling the plug" because it sounds more dramatic.

Haha, definitely, picturing someone yanking out their cable while their character is getting backstabbed is pretty funny.

Frank

Pretty much anything between 30 and 60, I'd say. Around ~50 maybe you'll get the most hits.

If you're low level your best bet is the bonfire inside - there's quite a number of Darkwraiths/future-Darkwraiths fighting S&O at low level; had my most hits during Japanese-evening though, they seem very active on the low level side of things.

If you're higher in level, you can sign down / pick up a sign pretty much everywhere and you'll get a hit for sure. Anor Londo is active, always.

There's also always a trickle of NG+ players going through Anor Londo, SL 80-90 being the best bet here I'd say.

edit: keep in mind there's also a population of low level sunbros, usually more active in the Parish and around, but you can find them up to Anor Londo as well. I think what i'm saying is don't worry too much, you'll find someone for sure as long as you're not some crazy high SL.

Really wish they included a way to delevel or otherwise respec. Anyway, what's a good sl for mp Anor Londo now?

God this. I'd buy the DLC even if it just had a level down option. So many levels I can recover from RES, INT, FAI, and VIT. I'm at 140 right now and I can't get summoned anywhere except New Londo. That's terrible for a sunbro.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Protip: never go afk while wearing a symbol of avarice.

So anyway, anyone on 360 got a moonlight greatsword they want to trade something for? Literally the second Seath starting exploding, I was like "fml, I forgot the tail."

Holy shit. DarkSoulsGAF, just thought I'd let you know that my life can now continue. I FINALLY beat O&S just now and I'm still ecstatic. Never, ever thought I'd do it.

This fucking game.

Booshka

Protip: never go afk while wearing a symbol of avarice.

So anyway, anyone on 360 got a moonlight greatsword they want to trade something for? Literally the second Seath starting exploding, I was like "fml, I forgot the tail."

I'll trade you a moonlight sword and 6 Dragon Scales for a Titanite Slab

sleepykyo

Yes.

Hate invasion. Worst aspect to the game because PvP combat just doesn't work. Wish there was an option to turn it off and just have co-op and PvE.

I think as far as serious competition goes the PvP is seriously flawed, but it is ok just for dicking around. Kind of like CoD.

Much like the upgrade system, PvP was considerably overhauled from Demon's Souls. 2 v 2 is possible. Triple threats are also possible. Though it is by chance, instead of something you can set.

Booshka

If I'm able to farm one from darkwraiths I'll let you know. Already used the one from the stray demon and missed the onion knight quest.

I can give it to you in advance, then trust you to get me a slab later, I have no use for it so I'll be happy to give it to you.

EDIT: The trade will be a bit complicated, I have the Moonlight Sword on one character, and I want the Slab to go to another. So I can give you a +5 Moonlight Greatsword, some Chunks for you and myself to use, then I will let you hold a Slab to give to my other character. Then whenever you get a Slab, you can give it to my level 60 guy as well.

DiddyBop

So i got cursed by those frogs in the depths while hollow (been playing the whole game hollow). so now when i try to regain my human form in order to exchange cracked red orbs for those stones that will reverse my curse (trading with snuggly), the game says i cant return to human form while cursed, thus i cannto drop cracked red orbs for snuggly, thus cannot cure my curse with this method -_-. Am i doing somehting wrong? what is the next easiest way to reverse the curse?

Booshka

So i got cursed by those frogs in the depths while hollow (been playing the whole game hollow). so now when i try to regain my human form in order to exchange cracked red orbs for those stones that will reverse my curse (trading with snuggly), the game says i cant return to human form while cursed, thus i cannto drop cracked red orbs for snuggly, thus cannot cure my curse with this method -_-. Am i doing somehting wrong? what is the next easiest way to reverse the curse?

You don't need to be human to drop items for snuggly. You can buy Purging stones from the guy in the Belltower for 3000 or from the Undead Lady in the Firelink Aqueduct for 6000.

DiddyBop

You don't need to be human to drop items for snuggly. You can buy Purging stones from the guy in the Belltower for 3000 or from the Undead Lady in the Firelink Aqueduct for 6000.

i currently dont have that many souls and would rather not grind for them if possible. when i get to snuggly and try to select the cracked red orbs they are blanked out, anyone know why this is? i'll grind for the 6000 souls if i have to but id rather just trade with snuggly.

Antagon

Got black knight sword + black knight great sword. Got my stats up high enough for the black knight sword right after killing the Bell Gargoyles. Ridiculously powerful right now, took over half of the capra demon's health off with one plunge and I can kill all normal enemies right now with one quick attack. Swords pretty slow though, makes dogs and ninjas rather annoying.

Booshka

i currently dont have that many souls and would rather not grind for them if possible. when i get to snuggly and try to select the cracked red orbs they are blanked out, anyone know why this is? i'll grind for the 6000 souls if i have to but id rather just trade with snuggly.

The option to drop the item is crossed out?

Just killed a guy as an invader and he netted me 535,000 souls, must have been level 600 or something.

If you make your way to darkroot garden, to the opening in the forest just passed a wall with a glowing center, there are stone knights that give 600 souls upon defeat. They are slow. Just circle behind and slash away. Only wake the 3 that are either center and to the left. There are 2 more to the right that also awaken plant creatures. Ignore them. There's a hidden bonfire next to the wall with the glowing center. Attack the adjacent wall to expose it. So save, kill 3 knights, go back and save. Repeat for as long as you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom