• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
I did that...and it worked..

and then I sidestepped, fell of he ledge and lost 100k worth of souls.

1298985833_maze-scare-reaction-punching-hole-through-monitor.gif

I did that...and it worked..

and then I sidestepped, fell of he ledge and lost 100k worth of souls.

1298985833_maze-scare-reaction-punching-hole-through-monitor.gif

this happened to be the first time i faced them. i made it to the top and followed the archer over the side. they dont respawn so i was hoping he would not be there next time but he was. i guess i died before he did. i didnt lose 100k souls though.

Dresden

THESE FUCKEN ARCHERS!...

FUKC THEM SOOOOOOOO MUCH!.

The arrows can't hit you if you keep moving. Only time you should ever be in danger of getting hit is at the top ledge. Either roll or block that single arrow then before the next is launched, you should be in his face either kicking or beating him off.

Booshka

The arrows can't hit you if you keep moving. Only time you should ever be in danger of getting hit is at the top ledge. Either roll or block that single arrow then before the next is launched, you should be in his face either kicking or beating him off.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah

Sullichin

How long for the Trident drop?
I stopped farming after the 12 runs & all I was getting was drops from the crystal hollows.

Probably over an hour of just farming channelers. I know people have spent longer trying to get slabs and stuff, but that's long enough for me. I like the idea of some items being really rare, but I hate farming.

Booshka

Probably over an hour of just farming channelers. I know people have spent longer trying to get slabs and stuff, but that's long enough for me. I like the idea of some items being really rare, but I hate farming.

I think of it more as farming for chunks and then get lucky if you get a slab. That's why I always farm Chunks off darkwraiths, Kiln farming might be a little faster, but the slab drop is too enticing.

Did most of New Londo Ruins, upgraded to Zweihander+15 and other cool upgrades etc.

Breezing through most parts, but got owned by some ghosts twice because I was too arrogant to use an transient curse :p

Booshka

Did most of New Londo Ruins, upgraded to Zweihander+15 and other cool upgrades etc.

Breezing through most parts, but got owned by some ghosts twice because I was too arrogant to use an transient curse :p

That happens to me sometimes, especially when I am doing Four kings summons, I don't like having the Curse on me because then I can't use Green moss during the boss for stamina regen.

Frank

Man, this game... :)

So, I'm merrily BB glitching in the Undead Parish, signing down at the Altar planning to sunbro people up to the Gargoyles, and drop things if it turns out the summoner needs some. No calls for a while, so I get bored and cancel my sign and start looking for someone to bring into my game. 

A few signs but no one with regular equipment, just people dressed up fancy. I say what the hell let's play some, and I pick the one that shines the less (sunbro, too) and call him in.

He gets into my game, and by that beautiful wordless language of Dark Souls we start going through the Parish bow-only. After a while everybody's dead, including a couple of invaders that stumbled into the game. Catching our breaths in front of the Church, he asks me: kill dragon?

I say oh yes, and we sprint towards the bridge. Sadly, for some reason, although we run and walk and pray up and down the bridge, the dragon is shy.

Still, a line of communication was open, so I ask him about his level. He says, 10. I mention the BB glitch. He says he has no idea what that is. He says he only has Gwyn left. And complets, he and a friend got helped along the way by a SL1 guy that was on NG+7. And some others like him.

Boy, by the time he was telling me about Gwyn I really felt like a little man but when he got to the SL1 NG+7 guy (and the others) I really felt like a pygmy's pygmy.

Furthest I got was 4kings dead at SL15, but that's about it. And it was a glitched character, I had everything I needed all along - so it was more about fun 1-2 hits melee for most of the time, then about survival. 

SL1 playthrough on a fresh char, or with several NGs under the belt? Praise the sun, motherfuckers, it's admirable.

Frank

Except for poise, if you are getting staggered and stunlocked from any little hit, you're gonna get fucked up, outside of that yea you can wear garbage gear and still win if you have the skill.

I use Havel's Gauntlets specifically for Poise, the rest is mixed light gear. I think it's ridiculous to wear heavy armour and use DWGR, and as the DWGR never leaves my fingers - goodbye heavy stuff. I try to roll through attacks, but doesn't always work beautifully in PvP with the lag and all. I have enough Poise to withstand a Claymore, which is a nice limit. And the rest is hopeful guessing for what the other will do the next moment, and move accordingly before he does it on my screen.

joe2187

Banned
So I got passed the archers...finally got passed the those stupid archers...

And before I even get to sit down at the bonfire nearest me I'm invaded by some trolling motherfucker who decides to camp himself by sitting on solaire's face...I go outside to lure him out...he sits on his face still.

Mother fucker then starts reading my mind and I drop into my inventory so I can banish the jerk, and I'm instantly sodomized by his shiney glowing red toothpick...at the death screen all I see is him dancing.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sullichin

And before I even get to sit down at the bonfire nearest me I'm invaded by some trolling motherfucker who decides to camp himself by sitting on solaire's face...I go outside to lure him out...he sits on his face still.

Mother fucker then starts reading my mind and I drop into my inventory so I can banish the jerk, and I'm instantly sodomized by his shiney glowing red toothpick...at the death screen all I see is him dancing.

Hahahaa damn. Well if its any consolation, rushing the right side archer/rolling through arrow/knock off ledge should work every time. What level/system are you? If you're on PS3 I can possibly help... have dudes around level 15, 40, 120.

joe2187

Banned
I got past it pretty quickly after that, no problems. Just ranting about my experience in this......game.

I play on XBL right now I'm a level 56 warrior, I'm in the room with the bonfire and Solaire is it worth it to summon phantoms here or can I do it near the boss door?

The black Knights that litter the hallways aren't that hard but I wish I could repair my crystal halberd, that thing takes em out in one hit. I need to see the blacksmith in undead parish to fix it? the giant blacksmith wont repair it for me.

Cetra

This game... I just went out and snagged a PS3 copy... why? 'Cause Dark Souls! Think it's gonna be my PvP character. I keep hearing SL120 is best for that? Or is that off? I was thinking a Miracle Caster with Grant as a weapon. Not sure about armor and such yet. Any tips?

Thinking my X360 character will be for NG+ and up.

I got past it pretty quickly after that, no problems. Just ranting about my experience in this......game.

I play on XBL right now I'm a level 56 warrior, I'm in the room with the bonfire and Solaire is it worth it to summon phantoms here or can I do it near the boss door?

The black Knights that litter the hallways aren't that hard but I wish I could repair my crystal halberd, that thing takes em out in one hit. I need to see the blacksmith in undead parish to fix it? the giant blacksmith wont repair it for me.

You can't repair crystal weapons in any normal way. The best you can do is to upgrade them to restore the durability. Once a crystal weapon is +5 you can't downgrade it. So if you like those so much, keep a +4 crystal weapon.When its fucked up, downgrade and then upgrade. But its a strange way to waste resources. So you need to find a fitting weapon for yourself.

Crystal weapons can't be repaired at all. That's there gimmick.
If you can summon someone at the start of the bonfire, go for it.

If you get invaded & don't want to fight, use your Black crystal to boot the player.

Dresden

You can't banish invaders btw. Only phantoms you summon yourself.

Sullichin

And just like that lost 89 humanity and over 7 million souls.. from jumping to my death right outside the undead burg bonfire. fuck. losing that much humanity sucks.

So I was wondering what everyone's reaction was when a slime dropped on their head for the first time in the Depth, maybe it's just me but it was the only genuine shock moment that I had in the game and boy was I terrified.

I got lost in the Depth for almost an hour without a bonfire so I was both mentally and physically drained from wading through the dark and wet environment, then I came to the room with the giant rat and I saw a message on the ground that said "Beware of up", literally 1 second later the slime dropped right on top of my head. I was really tired at that point so I wasn't expecting anything like that, and I've always been creeped out by featureless slimy things, so what happened was literally like my worst nightmare coming true. Naturally I completely flipped out. I was yelling and cursing so loud that my roommate's girlfriend actually came over and complained. For the rest of the level, I was constantly taking baby steps and looking at the ceiling.

joe2187

Banned
Was totally unprepared for that as well, damn slime nearly gave me a heart attack.

Another one, I've always enjoyed the atmosphere and subtle story that the game has, so seeing the rotting corpse of a giant dragon in valley of the drakes was really cool, and then I went near and shit my pants.

Also, I really love the style of this game? are there any plans to release a full artbook? o

Peace Tea

EpicNameBro said something to the effect that Famitsu will be publishing the DarkSouls artbook. He mentioned it in his latest video, which is pretty long.

agreed

in fact one of the interviews posted before discusses how exploits are an intended part of the game sometimes

Yeah I always got that sense with these games. That's why I wasn't convinced the Dragon Head glitch was actually a glitch until they patched it out. Makes just as much sense they'd put something like that in intentionally, like the 1-up trick in Mario on the stairs: if you find it, good for you.

Guess with the internet it's kinda different now, though.

Mxrz

I farmed the channelers trident while plopping down my sign at the 2nd bonfire in Dukes. Did Seath about 5 or 6 times during the farm. So about an hour or so of running up and killing the two channelers and porting back.

So I was wondering what everyone's reaction was when a slime dropped on their head for the first time in the Depth, maybe it's just me but it was the only genuine shock moment that I had in the game and boy was I terrified.

I got lost in the Depth for almost an hour without a bonfire so I was both mentally and physically drained from wading through the dark and wet environment, then I came to the room with the giant rat and I saw a message on the ground that said "Beware of up", literally 1 second later the slime dropped right on top of my head. I was really tired at that point so I wasn't expecting anything like that, and I've always been creeped out by featureless slimy things, so what happened was literally like my worst nightmare coming true. Naturally I completely flipped out. I was yelling and cursing so loud that my roommate's girlfriend actually came over and complained. For the rest of the level, I was constantly taking baby steps and looking at the ceiling.

scared the crap out of me, killed me, and made me wary for the rest of teh depths. the one that got me is the one is the hallway with water. there is an item off to the left, an undead patrolling the hallway, and another hallway, with like 9 slimes coming up.

Was totally unprepared for that as well, damn slime nearly gave me a heart attack.

Another one, I've always enjoyed the atmosphere and subtle story that the game has, so seeing the rotting corpse of a giant dragon in valley of the drakes was really cool, and then I went near and shit my pants.

Also, I really love the style of this game? are there any plans to release a full artbook? o

Wasn't the artbook already released? Remember people saying it was underwhelming.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459342

there was a crappy little art book that came with the collectors edition of the game, and there is a real art book scheduled to be released in japan next week. there has been a lack of news on it recently, and no confirmation that it is coming here.

maomaoIYP

there was a crappy little art book that came with the collectors edition of the game, and there is a real art book scheduled to be released in japan next week. there has been a lack of news on it recently, and no confirmation that it is coming here.

I strongly doubt the artbook will be available next week, it's not anywhere up for preorder on amazon yet. The enormous (and incredibly beautiful) Bayonetta artbook which was also published by famitsu was delayed for months.

I strongly doubt the artbook will be available next week, it's not anywhere up for preorder on amazon yet. The enormous (and incredibly beautiful) Bayonetta artbook which was also published by famitsu was delayed for months.

this would disappoint me. i am going to be in japan for three weeks starting on sunday, and was hoping to pick it up while there. figured it would make a good souvenir.

maomaoIYP

this would disappoint me. i am going to be in japan for three weeks starting on sunday, and was hoping to pick it up while there. figured it would make a good souvenir.

I can imagine! Where are you headed though? Most bookstores only carry a very limited selection of artbooks, if any.

I can imagine! Where are you headed though? Most bookstores only carry a very limited selection of artbooks, if any.

the first half is a personal trip, the second half is for school. i go kyoto-hakone-tokyo-sendai-tokyo-nagoya-kojima-osaka. i am in tokyo for close to a week total i think, so i was hoping to check out some cool stuff in akihabara, pick up this artbook, some games, stuff like that.

joe2187

Banned
Wow, that sucks, Is the Bayonetta CE Guide that rare too? I own a copy I found for $10 bucks at a used bookstore.

I also wanted that bayonetta art book... :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Going to start this game soon since a billion people recommended it.

Anything tips,exploits, strats to make it more enjoyable?

Dresden

At the start of the game, head down the stairs to fight the ghosts. They can't be hurt by weapons--you need to punch them.

maomaoIYP

the first half is a personal trip, the second half is for school. i go kyoto-hakone-tokyo-sendai-tokyo-nagoya-kojima-osaka. i am in tokyo for close to a week total i think, so i was hoping to check out some cool stuff in akihabara, pick up this artbook, some games, stuff like that.

Your best bet at finding this artbook while you're in Tokyo is probably the Kinokuniya bookstore in behind the Takashimaya shopping center in Shinjuku or the large bookstore in Akihabara selling manga and anime artbooks.

Wow, that sucks, Is the Bayonetta CE Guide that rare too? I own a copy I found for $10 bucks at a used bookstore.

I also wanted that bayonetta art book... :(

Are you talking about the Future Press Bayonetta guide? I'm not sure how rare that is, but "The Eyes of Bayonetta" found here has long been sold out.

Haven't played the game for a while and am too lazy to give specific advice, here's some very general tips for this game.

Play patient
Play smart
Don't attack friendly NPCs

Does that really damage the ghosts? If so, that's awesome.

Yup, and if you do the "PRAISE THE SUN" gesture 17 times in front of Solaire while wearing a +5 Black Knight helmet, nothing for torso, a +7 Knight Legging, a +2 Silver Knight Glove, while holding 2 Dark Moon Talisman and a +6 Fire Spear you can unlock him as a permanent companion who will enchant your lightning weapon to +13

sixghost

Yup, and if you do the "PRAISE THE SUN" gesture 17 times in front of Solaire while wearing a +5 Black Knight helmet, nothing for torso, a +7 Knight Legging, a +2 Silver Knight Glove, while holding 2 Dark Moon Talisman and a +6 Fire Spear you can unlock him as a permanent companion who will enchant your lightning weapon to +13
You say that like that would be the most surprising thing in Dark Souls if true, lol.

I stopped assuming I knew everything about Dark Souls when I found a shortcut in the Depths, behind the Butcher, that allowed you to skip 50% of the level and instakill the giant rat on my 5th time through that area.

or when I found out you could kill the giant that opens the gate for you in Sen's.

Mxrz

What's with the weak invaders in Undead Burg? There are so many of them and they all die in one hit (R2/Great scythe) at sl 90'ish. I made 10 levels off them. These guys don't bow or anything, just rush at you and either die or run off to heal with humanity.

There any reason to kill the boss of the Depths? So far I've skipped the Taurus boss, went around through the forest, rang the bell on top of the church, killed the capra demon to get into the Depths. But more easy souls can't hurt.

Nothing I can remember wanting in blight town, so thinking I'll quickly plow through the back way to get to the 2nd bell. The game really does go by quick it seems. I want to grab the platinum and then try a SL1 character for the hell of it.

Get the sword off the dragon's tail (you can shoot arrows under the bridge to it, after 200 hundred i think, you will get the sword). Except this, explore it yourself. It is the best way of enjoying it, though you might want to read about the weapon upgrades. Also if you get a Firekeeper's Soul, don't use it to heal. You can reinforce Flasks with it. Good luck & enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom