• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT5| Definitely better than the sequel

Was so annoying. I wanted to finish Sigmeyer's quest but when we leapt down into the poisonous pit in Lost Izalith, I did a charging R2 attack on the last octopus thing and my swing accidentally hit Sig. He turned hostile :(

You can try to absolve your sins and make Sig friendly again

I've done that a few times myself it is annoying. Takes some mental prep - I always kill all but one from above, leave the third with a sliver of health, talk to Seigs, jump down, take out the last one then run around the corner to take out the one on it's own away from Seigmeyer.

Just one of those Souls things you probably wouldn't do on your first run because there's no way to know what will happen when you talk to Seigmeyer, then it's a rush to kill them all.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Ok

After much peer pressure I've ditched the Drake and am currently leveling up a Claymore and a Black Knight Sword :)

Farming rats and slime in the depths to get ready for New Lando Ruins

How many transient curses should I bring?

daninthemix

Ok

After much peer pressure I've ditched the Drake and am currently leveling up a Claymore and a Black Knight Sword :)

There's two in a jar just before the bridge. That's enough, because the ghosts themselves drop them reasonably often.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Ok

I used four in total, but thats because I died once. Brought like 15 though:) Did you do Sen yet?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I guess he is just there for comic relief?
LOL, you could not be more wrong. He's certainly an amusing character, that is for certain. But his true story is much deeper than that. Make sure you complete all the steps to his and Sieglinde's quest to find out the truth of why they are in Lordran.

Morfeo

LOL, you could not be more wrong. He's certainly an amusing character, that is for certain. But his true story is much deeper than that. Make sure you complete all the steps to his and Sieglinde's quest to find out the truth of why they are in Lordran.

I will do my best!

Morfeo

There is also a guy mid-way in New Londo that sells them. just stock up on them when you get there (I just used all my souls on it, so I hopefully have enough for the rest of the game now).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
There is also a guy mid-way in New Londo that sells them. just stock up on them when you get there (I just used all my souls on it, so I hopefully have enough for the rest of the game now).

Ok

Do you have the little un this week? My better half is in Oslo until friday so I'm so hooking my rig up to the TV screen tonight :D

Just come on over if you feel like it

Morfeo

Ok

Do you have the little un this week? My better half is in Oslo until friday so I'm so hooking my rig up to the TV screen tonight :D

Just come on over if you feel like it

Lol, sounds awesome, but I play Dark Souls on my TV screen every night you know :)

I dont have him, but I have some girl-plans this and tomorrows evening. We need to send the kids away for may 30th though!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, sounds awesome, but I play Dark Souls on my TV screen every night you know :)

I dont have him, but I have some girl-plans this and tomorrows evening. We need to send the kids away for may 30th though!

For MK8? :) Arrange it so, I'll bring my Pro controller

oracrest

2wZWsgk.jpg

Morfeo

Can't really go wrong with Claymore, Booshka has sound advice.

I don't know if you are leveling faith or int at all, I recommend at least leveling Int so you can cast Magic Weapon to use on your Claymore, you can also buy Charcoal Pine Resin from the Lady Undead Merchant (Lara Flynn-Boyle, as Jeff Green calls her) to buff you claymore with fire.

Returning to this, I have been leveling my Int up to 15 now to use Great Magic Weapon which I guess is just a better version of Magic Weapon right?

Returning to this, I have been leveling my Int up to 15 now to use Great Magic Weapon which I guess is just a better version of Magic Weapon right?

Right. I think with Int 15 you should use the Oolacile Catalyst for the best Magic Adjust and buff to your weapon. Dusk of Oolacile sells it.

I prefer to be an ambassador of good will for Dark Souls. If you must make a low level twink, use it to defend the noobs in the early game. Save your power invading for higher level so you don't turn off new players before they have a chance to get comfortable.

Booshka

I prefer to be an ambassador of good will for Dark Souls. If you must make a low level twink, use it to defend the noobs in the early game. Save your power invading for higher level so you don't turn off new players before they have a chance to get comfortable.

I've done hundreds of NG+ 4 Kings boss fights and was an ambassador to the game for plenty of people. I got tired of helping helpless noobs that all had Drake Swords and the Knight Shield. They would either get totally rekt, or I would carry them, so I don't care if they stick with the game or not.

Helping ppl beat one of the hardest NG+ bossfights was far more fun, those players stuck around and kept playing, I enjoy helping them.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Think I'm sort of stuck in New Londo Ruins

Getting to the part where I need a key to get in a room near a stuck-up elevator

I've done hundreds of NG+ 4 Kings boss fights and was an ambassador to the game for plenty of people. I got tired of helping helpless noobs that all had Drake Swords and the Knight Shield. They would either get totally rekt, or I would carry them, so I don't care if they stick with the game or not.
So now you turn to the DARK SIDE. :D
Helping ppl beat one of the hardest NG+ bossfights was far more fun, those players stuck around and kept playing, I enjoy helping them.

I don't mean helping beat the bosses or play the game for them, I just mean defend against the power invaders in the lowbie zones.

You could also help them out by upgrading some weapons and drop them for those you spot wielding the Noob Sword.

Booshka

So now you turn to the DARK SIDE. :D

I don't mean helping beat the bosses or play the game for them, I just mean defend against the power invaders in the lowbie zones.

You could also help them out by upgrading some weapons and drop them for those you spot wielding the Noob Sword.

I've done this too, drop +5 Longswords and Bastard Swords, then they still use Drake Sword. I ask them why and they say 200 damage is higher than 160 or 190 damage. Then I try to explain weapon scaling bonuses, they get confused and continue to use the Drake Sword.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You dont need a guide. Just go to Sens Fortress as the story told you to!

Who listens to the story? :p

Is Sen's fortress the place where the fat guy had been waiting forever?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Why do you think you went to Blighttown at all lol. Remember what the Crestfallen Warrior said. You need to go back to where you beat Quelaag!

Ah, it's down there. I actually just skipped that. I saw the stone throwing trolls and thought "fuck that" and proceeded upstairs the windmill elevator instead :)

On a side note, the elite knight armor makes an extremely irritating clickety-clack noise

Morfeo

Ah, it's down there. I actually just skipped that. I saw the stone throwing trolls and thought "fuck that" and proceeded upstairs the windmill elevator instead :)

On a side note, the elite knight armor makes an extremely irritating clickety-clack noise

Haha, well now you know where to go!

Morfeo

Now it's Morfeo's turn to share the knowledge.

They grow up so fast

Lol, haha yeah compared to Roboleon, I am definitely a grown 1337 in this game :)

Btw The Great Hollow is an extremely irritating place to be. One thing though, when I see scultures that look like cursed humans, is that other players that have become cursed on that spot? If so it would be another amazing thing about this game :)

Top Bottom