• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT5| Definitely better than the sequel

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
7F88E87B6AF4157C62C2C7AB33FA9D69D3C6BE30

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Took some tried to get all the items on the various branches in The Great Hollow, and have now progressed to Ash Lake and this place is amazing lol. Every n00b like Roboleon and myself needs to go down here for the epicness that awaits!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
sounds way more fun than having to go back down in the unepic trash-hole that was Blighttown. But I guess I deserve it, lol. At least I found a Firekeeper Soul on my way down that I missed going up, so yeay

Nearing 40 hours of playtime, how are you holding up time-wise Morfeo?

Morfeo

sounds way more fun than having to go back down in the unepic trash-hole that was Blighttown. But I guess I deserve it, lol. At least I found a Firekeeper Soul on my way down that I missed going up, so yeay

Nearing 40 hours of playtime, how are you holding up time-wise Morfeo?

I dont want to talk about it (about 90) :( Its been on for all evenings for the last month more or less, but I would guess effective playtime is something like 50? I would also guess your time is inflated considering how far you are.

Jaeger

Just beat it with my female STR build, all on my quest to get Lord Gwyn's Set and Weapon. Forgot you go immediately to NG+, though. Would have farmed souls real quick.

Morfeo

I think I am finished with both The Great Hollow and Ash Lake, and while the place was fun to explore, it was disappointing that there wasnt a big boss or something more fun down there. Anyways, on to the golden door in Anor Londo!

Mistel

Banned
I think I am finished with both The Great Hollow and Ash Lake, and while the place was fun to explore, it was disappointing that there wasnt a big boss or something more fun down there. Anyways, on to the golden door in Anor Londo!
Did you get the dragons tail drop?

There is a titanite slab somewhere and its a great zone for dragon scales or curse stones and a dragon weapon

Morfeo

Nice to know that I will still die within seconds on every new boss I face. And why did I get to return to a Bonfire I hadnt lit when I died in Dukes Archives?

Morfeo

Died again - there goes those 35k souls I came to the boss with :(

Yeah, I kinda understood that it was related to the plot when I actually woke up inside a cell.

Morfeo

Got back into the Archives and found another Bonfire - and I think that is it for today. Looking forward to taking my revenge on the insta-killing boss and saving Logan once again tomorrow!

Jaeger

Got invaded by someone as soon as I stepped through the to the Depths through the Lower Undead Burg, and I immediately ran back up the steps and waited for him with my Obsidian Greatsword. As soon as he got to the top he stopped to buff his weapon, and I was tucked behind the door and the bam, did my two handed AoE attack. Knocked him down of course, and then finished him off with a good two handed strike. Felt soo good.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I've only been invaded twice, but I think those were NPCs? Red characters, one in the depths and one in Blighttown

Speaking of which, I need to return to that hellhole today :(

edit: the bitch is dead

side question: is it worth spending 20k on the crest-key thing that Andrei has?

Should I go into the Demon Ruins, or perhaps try to follow the story for once? I'll try the latter

edit2: at Sen's fortress, playing a Indiana Jones game

edit3: lol

Spoiler image? http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3316085120686822751/E8515A905FD87FAA5F1ADBFF0A3FA19399AAA27B/

I've only been invaded twice, but I think those were NPCs? Red characters, one in the depths and one in Blighttown

side question: is it worth spending 20k on the crest-key thing that Andrei has?

Should I go into the Demon Ruins, or perhaps try to follow the story for once? I'll try the latter
l
NPC phantoms are in both those locations, so it probably was those. They drop unique loot and one of them (the one in the Depths) has a little bit of questline, so it's always worth killing NPC invaders.

Yes to spending the 20k on the crest of Astoria. (Not essential if you go the other way in, but it makes things a lot easier so why not).

Demon Ruins - yes if you have the lord vessel (sounds like you're not that far along yet), no otherwise - unless you just want a nosey around and to grab loot, but you can't progress further that way until you get further into the game - so if you go down there, remember if you sit at a bonfire you'll have to make your way back out (don't sit at a bonfire and you can just homebone out).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, should I save Tit Chunks to upgrade my Claymore past +10 when eligible, or immediately upgrade the lightning spear. @sen's fortress bonfire

Nordicus

Hmm, should I save Tit Chunks to upgrade my Claymore past +10 when eligible, or immediately upgrade the lightning spear. @sen's fortress bonfire
Chances are that you won't be able to upgrade your Claymore for the next few hours at least, so upgrading the lightning spear won't hurt

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So I should probably have killed the fire bomb throwing giant before taking on the Iron Golem :p

Hobobloke

If you're investing at all into STR or DEX don't bother about the lightning spear, the +15 route is almost always the better choice so it's worth saving those chunks.

Morfeo

One thing I dont understand in the Archives is how every new area I enter "mysteriously" seems to be connected with earlier areas I visited - but when I was at those earlier areas I wasnt able to progress that way. Is it just me, or are some strairs and corridors opening when I progress?

One thing I dont understand in the Archives is how every new area I enter "mysteriously" seems to be connected with earlier areas I visited - but when I was at those earlier areas I wasnt able to progress that way. Is it just me, or are some strairs and corridors opening when I progress?

There's a mechanical staircase that turns to give access to different areas.

Morfeo

There's a mechanical staircase that turns to give access to different areas.

I get that, but for instance when I got down to the bonfire, I suddenly was able to go back to the start, but I was not able to get here when I entered in the start, evne though I am not using the totating staircase. At least thats what I think?

I get that, but for instance when I got down to the bonfire, I suddenly was able to go back to the start, but I was not able to get here when I entered in the start, evne though I am not using the totating staircase. At least thats what I think?

A secret door opens after you are imprisoned the first time, linking the front and back of the library.

Morfeo

A secret door opens after you are imprisoned the first time, linking the front and back of the library.

Ok, I knew there was something different.

Anyways, I cheated a bit and read up on how to continue Logans story (might as well now that I have saved him twice), and seemed I had to buy all his magic - which costed about 200k souls. So I have been farming for an hour now, finally getting his last magic. This better be worth it!

Morfeo

Yeah I figured thats their use. They alse disappear when I die, but anyways. I think I have completed most of it by now.

Jaeger

Next up, fully upgrade Gough's Bow, and load up on PVP essentials;

Arrows
Green Blossom
etc.

Ran into one of these for the first time ever, and he promptly killed me with a bunch of white energy missiles while I was careless casting magic from what I thought was a safe distance. Ugh. Don't know if I will ever see one again. -_-

Morfeo

If it makes ya feel any better, all the invisible bridges except for one are straight and quite wide

Its the not straigth that have killed me all the times, but since it was a dead end, I should now be finished with this. Boss time now!

Killed within minutes. I tried an all out attack since that generally works fine against most bosses, and I actually managed to take about 75% of his health before dying, which I guess is decent for the first try.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Anor Londo time. Fuck the Bat Wing Demons ambushing an honest joe descending down a narrow path and all that

Ran out of arrows after dying a couple of times so that sucks. Guess I need to go back to ... ehm, did the merchant in Sens Tower sell arrows?

Those guardian golems are excellent farming material though, 1500 souls for an easy win

Mistel

Banned
Anor Londo time. Fuck the Bat Wing Demons ambushing an honest joe descending down a narrow path and all that

Ran out of arrows after dying a couple of times so that sucks. Guess I need to go back to ... ehm, did the merchant in Sens Tower sell arrows?
In Anor Londo with no arrows?
Meet your new best friends...

The crestfallen merchant does sell arrows I recommend large and feathered arrow.

Top Bottom