• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT5| Definitely better than the sequel

Booshka

BUT DOES IT LOOK COOLER????

Knight armor goes better with my Hollow Soldier waistcloth and Mother Mask. Gotta min max bro.

EMOTICON_Kappa.png

The Elite Knight set is in Darkroot Garden at the large area just before Moonlight's tower. It's on a corpse and near several giants. I think you're talking about the Crest Shield.

Oh yeah, thats right, well the shield helps you against magic attacks so its still a win to return to that area alonside with the tiatine slab and the doll

Not with your game from gold copy unfortunately.

Gotta find the person who shared me the game then...

Finished Sen's Fortress. Moments of frustration aside, it wasn't too bad. Those ugly gremlin looking things carried me to Anor Londo but I had them bring me back as I want to explore the world some more.

I've got Quelaag's soul and the Golem's core and I'm just wondering if those are worth having them crafted into weapons or farmed for souls?

Finished Sen's Fortress. Moments of frustration aside, it wasn't too bad. Those ugly gremlin looking things carried me to Anor Londo but I had them bring me back as I want to explore the world some more.

I've got Quelaag's soul and the Golem's core and I'm just wondering if those are worth having them crafted into weapons or farmed for souls?

Quelaag's Fury Sword is one of the best weapons in the game.

Mistel

Banned
Careful with the Chaos blade's seppuku

EDIT; got an 16mb update when I booted the game and I was allowed to load my main character with the DLC gear so my game is updated then?
You did?! I never had one pop up when I downloaded and played it after I get this tesla coil from Old Olney I'll go do that.

Technical issue on the PC version:

My bro is suffering from first install Games For Windows Fuck You and You're Love for Gaming. He can't log-in because the keyboard becomes disabled on GFWL, so he can't even get to the actual game.

Help is much appreciated.

edit: Games for Windows really is a piece of shit. Solved.

With 18 str and 16 dec would chaos be the best evolution for the zweihander? What level do you think most gwg people are now that the games patched? Gonna try my lv 22 in the depths and blight town since those would be my guesses. Since the souls were low in the I patched one, bet most people are out of the burg by now tho...

I'm getting failed to invade everywhere again. Online still broken?

Booshka

With 18 str and 16 dec would chaos be the best evolution for the zweihander? What level do you think most gwg people are now that the games patched? Gonna try my lv 22 in the depths and blight town since those would be my guesses. Since the souls were low in the I patched one, bet most people are out of the burg by now tho...

Ya go Chaos, invading in Anor Londo at SL 50, not too many ppl here yet it seems. I think Undead Parish, Depths and Blighttown probably have most of the new players

Booshka

Literally everywhere?

That's good I can finally start the archer I've been thinking of doing.

Gonna start a SL 20-25 build tomorrow. Probably take it all the way through the DLC to get everything open. Let me know if you are interested in some jolly co op, not sure what SL you plan on taking that character, but I have characters in practically all level ranges.

Literally everywhere?

That's good I can finally start the archer I've been thinking of doing.
I got a few connections at sl1 at the gargoyles but every one disconnects immediately before they even see me or quit when I have them a chance to recover and heal.

The drake sword cruisers are the easiest though , you can tell who's only getting progress bc they're using a guide that helps them seem overpowered while neglecting the need to block and dodge.

What's the best dagger for the sl1? I just want to parry everyone

Mistel

Banned
Gonna start a SL 20-25 build tomorrow. Probably take it all the way through the DLC to get everything open. Let me know if you are interested in some jolly co op, not sure what SL you plan on taking that character, but I have characters in practically all level ranges.
I'm not sure what level I'll end up I can wield the composite bow right from the get go it's just a matter of getting it then I'll see where I go from there.
What's the best dagger for the sl1? I just want to parry everyone
The ghost blade only needs 5 strength not sure about parrying though.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Killed off Manus. I'm on Kalameet now. Gough could have just saved me the trouble and killed him though...

Bosses giving out Status effects now.. I can't even...

Tarkus

Your equipment is fine two hand if you aren't and use the pillars to keep them separated. Summon Solarie you and him can take out Ornstein quickly then Smough is the easier second stage after that.
I finally got him! Two handing was the way to go. Also switched to quick roll configuration. Thanks for the advice!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Decided to leave kalameet for later...

Made it through the Tomb of Giants and killed off Gravelord Neto. Ran through Lost Izalith and killed the boss there. That area is sooooo shitty. I feel bad for you if you don't unlock the shortcut. The boss is easy as hell too (thank goodness).

At Crystal Caves now...

Manu

So after still being unable to kill the four kings, I made some side progress.

I went back to Demon Ruins and killed the fire boss, the one that looks like the Asylum Demon but with fire (what happened there? Was that boss rushed or something?), and then the Centipede Demon. Overall they were the two lamest fights in the game. Camera during Centipede was awful.

Also, the Taurus Demons ended up giving me more trouble than the Capras, I can usually kill those without getting hit, while the Tauruses still give me a hard time.

I also upgraded my Iaito to a Chaos Blade and currently got it at +3. I love how if you do a 3-hit combo the third hit does massive damage. Losing a bit of HP is a fair trade as long as you're careful.

So, what do you say, guys? Where to next?

So after still being unable to kill the four kings, I made some side progress.

I went back to Demon Ruins and killed the fire boss, the one that looks like the Asylum Demon but with fire (what happened there? Was that boss rushed or something?), and then the Centipede Demon. Overall they were the two lamest fights in the game. Camera during Centipede was awful.

Also, the Taurus Demons ended up giving me more trouble than the Capras, I can usually kill those without getting hit, while the Tauruses still give me a hard time.

I also upgraded my Iaito to a Chaos Blade and currently got it at +3. I love how if you do a 3-hit combo the third hit does massive damage. Losing a bit of HP is a fair trade as long as you're careful.

So, what do you say, guys? Where to next?

Do you have the DLC? You can try to go to the duke archives in Anor Londo or Going to the painting world of ariamis for a fun trip

Camera during Centipede was awful.
It is if you stay at the fog door. There's a path leading round to the right with a larger area that makes the fight more managable (camera can still be a pain if you're locked on, but nowhere near the clusterfuck of staying by the door).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Any tip on how to make Tomb of the Giants slightly more enjoyable? Is there some item that provides more light or anything?

Kinda sucks just having 1 m eye-sight and dying from falling all the time :3

Any tip on how to make Tomb of the Giants slightly more enjoyable? Is there some item that provides more light or anything?

Kinda sucks just having 1 m eye-sight and dying from falling all the time :3
Cast light spell bought from Dusk
Sunlight Maggot helm dropped by the red glowing sunlight maggot in Lost Izalith/Demon Ruins 'shortcut' path.
Skull lantern drops from the Catacombs Necromancers or as loot in the TotG, in the pit where Rhea is

Manu

Do you have the DLC? You can try to go to the duke archives in Anor Londo or Going to the painting world of ariamis for a fun trip

I don't, I'll probably but it at some point though.

I hate how you can't warp to any of the bonfires in Demon Ruins. There's like, three of them and none is warpable. So stupid.

Mistel

Banned
Yes. Level 2 in the Covenant, IIRC. Well you can find the shortcut before that, it just doesn't open.
I was talking about the lift that takes you right to the bonfire from demon ruins and vice versa. Not the demon ruins to izlaith one.

For the lift to the bonfire you just need to kill the demon fire sage which you've done then you can go up to the lift and go up to the bonfire.

Manu

I was talking about the lift that takes you right to the bonfire from demon ruins and vice versa. Not the demon ruins to izlaith one.

For the lift to the bonfire you just need to kill the demon fire sage which you've done then you can go up to the lift and go up to the bonfire.

Oh yeah, I did that already. But that bonfire isn't warpable either.

I still have to walk all the way from the Depths whenever I need to go there.

Ruuppa

Didn't realize that. That one's free to use for everyone, yeah. Kinda sorta hidden though. Take the stairs up from Firesage and stand in the middle of the circular platform there.

Wait what. You haven't found the Chaos Servant covenant at all then?
There's an illusory wall in the room under the bell-room.

Mistel

Banned

You killed Quelaag's sister? As the daughter of chaos bonfire is warp capable whilst she's alive.

Manu

Wait what. You haven't found the Chaos Servant covenant at all then?
There's an illusory wall in the room under the bell-room.

Apparently not. And I checked for fake walls in that room... looks like I didn't search enough.

Aurongel

I just bought this off Steam, applied DSfix and it still runs like shit in Undead Burg at 1280x720 whereas DS2 ran at a solid 60.

Is this supposed to be normal?

Top Bottom