• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT5| Definitely better than the sequel

v1perz53

....That's not what this is about. I suggest you scroll up a few posts to see the context... Also, he's not remotely "casul". >_<

Why doesn't he want to play using your GFWL account? Does he play other games with GFWL and doesn't want to be logged out or something? Unfortunately using your login is the only solution aside from him getting his own copy, but it really is an amazing game that he should play. Also, GFWL isn't "bad", but it is certainly the most obnoxious form of DRM possible. For example, when xbox live was down the other day, I couldn't play at all because I hadn't downloaded my profile to my new computer yet, even if I wanted to play offline, since you can't save without your GFWL profile.

For anyone interested in challenge runs, I just started my attempt at a Soul Level 1, no upgrades run.

You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTqJdW3wn9k

Does anyone have any experience with such a run before? Or is it even possible? I've done a couple Soul Level 1 runs before, but I always allowed myself to upgrade my gear. This is my first time going at it with no upgrades whatsoever. If I can at least beat S&O I'll consider it a success

For anyone interested in challenge runs, I just started my attempt at a Soul Level 1, no upgrades run.

Does anyone have any experience with such a run before? Or is it even possible? I've done a couple Soul Level 1 runs before, but I always allowed myself to upgrade my gear. This is my first time going at it with no upgrades whatsoever. If I can at least beat S&O I'll consider it a success

I know of one person who has started a SL1 run but has never finished because, well, he's a babby.

v1perz53

Quickly thinking about it, the only real barrier I can think of would be Four Kings, since without doing enough damage you could get overwhelmed. There are strategies for dealing with multiple kings out, but I'm not sure how it would go at SL 1 with no upgrades at all.

Every other boss I can't think of a reason why you couldn't, as you say, do very little damage over a long time while avoiding getting hit and come away with the win.

Quickly thinking about it, the only real barrier I can think of would be Four Kings, since without doing enough damage you could get overwhelmed. There are strategies for dealing with multiple kings out, but I'm not sure how it would go at SL 1 with no upgrades at all.

Every other boss I can't think of a reason why you couldn't, as you say, do very little damage over a long time while avoiding getting hit and come away with the win.

Yeah, the Four Kings are my biggest fear. I'm thinking I'll have to probably curse myself and use red tearstone ring with power within in combination with the sanctus to take them out fast enough.

v1perz53

Yeah, the Four Kings are my biggest fear. I'm thinking I'll have to probably curse myself and use red tearstone ring with power within in combination with the sanctus to take them out fast enough.

Ahh I actually forgot sanctus HP effect worked if you don't meet the faith requirement. Good thing to keep in mind since I'll be starting my own SL1 run soon (with upgrades of course, I'm not that crazy on my first try at SL1).

I heard about SL1 runs but with no upgrades would be hard with some bosses like Fours Kings,Kalameet,S&O and Manus.

Also Four Kings is really weak against fire.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Why doesn't he want to play using your GFWL account? Does he play other games with GFWL and doesn't want to be logged out or something?
Not sure. I asked him, expecting to hear some excuse about achievements, and here was the conversation:
"So, why won't you play Dark Souls with my GFWL since they're not removing it?"
"Eh. Too complicated." (said half sarcastically, half distracted from playing some silly mini-game on Wii U)
"No, really. Why?"
"Eh. Too complicated."
"No it's not."
"Yeah. Too complicated."
*stare* (he ignores me and keeps playing)
*stare* (ditto)
*stare* (ditto)
(He realizes he needs to answer.) *whiny/sarcastic sigh* "Yeah, seems like I'll have to do that, hmph."

lol

So yeah he doesn't have any good reason and he knows it, I take it. I think he was just waiting for GFWL to be replaced, since he was expecting it to disappear, but now he realizes it's not happening after all.

Unfortunately using your login is the only solution aside from him getting his own copy, but it really is an amazing game that he should play.
Trust me, I know. xD I've been nagging him like a housewife nags her lazy husband forever to play the game, so much that he's sick of hearing about it. I even used drastic method, such as not playing games he suggests to me until he plays Dark Souls. xD

butman

Now i'm confused:

I'm at Duke's Archives, i passed all the way till the Boss (Crytal Dragon) He kill me with no mercy. I appeared on the prison, so i said, "OK so i meant to be killed to do this part".

I made the run, kill the lizards and the slugs, grab the keys, talk to the prisoner wizard but no key for that door atm. I stopped the music, grab the big door key and went up and back to the library and make the run by the two large rooms on each floor, i made to activate a lever that sounded strong but i didn't show me what it activated. And i activate the second bonfire (the one outside at the opposite edge of the library).

So i went back to the lever that call back the elevator again and to the boss again, thinking that something changed, that this time it will be more a fight than a beeing slaughtered by rising crystals. But NO. I get killed again.

Something missed?

Now i'm confused:

I'm at Duke's Archives, i passed all the way till the Boss (Crytal Dragon) He kill me with no mercy. I appeared on the prison, so i said, "OK so i meant to be killed to do this part".

I made the run, kill the lizards and the slugs, grab the keys, talk to the prisoner wizard but no key for that door atm. I stopped the music, grab the big door key and went up and back to the library and make the run by the two large rooms on each floor, i made to activate a lever that sounded strong but i didn't show me what it activated. And i activate the second bonfire (the one outside at the opposite edge of the library).

So i went back to the lever that call back the elevator again and to the boss again, thinking that something changed, that this time it will be more a fight than a beeing slaughtered by rising crystals. But NO. I get killed again.

Something missed?

You have to find his weakness since he is Inmortal and undefeateable already in that room, if you saved Logan he can give you advice of where is his weakness located, Logan stays in a room to the right next to the second bonfire there is also a secret stairs in that same room.

....That's not what this is about. I suggest you scroll up a few posts to see the context... Also, he's not remotely "casul". >_<

You said he uses the GFWL excuse D: I was just trying to make a funny, I'm sorry if I came off rude ;~;

Well, The Four Kings are actually kinda nice, so long as you're attacking one of them, the others kinda just stand there and chillax, at least from my experience. They started attacking you if you go without damaging them for like 3 or so seconds. I could never do it without upgrading equipment I had to use my pyromancy glove the whole time heh. I just used pyromancy the whole time, used the ring of Favour And Protection, and the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring with Crown of Dusk, which increases damage of pyromancy significantly. Problems with doing that however are: Spoilers may lie ahead
Quelanna being 100% IMMUNE to fire, Ceaseless Discharge taking like 99% reduction(he does walk on lava after all, and I didn't wanna cheese him) and Centipede Demon being near immune too(Him being all crazy and walking on lava and shiz). With the Crown of Dusk, even though it increases the amount of magic damage you take which is a terribad idea to use again Four Kings, at SL 1 you're pretty much dead anyways, so doesn't matter.

Now i'm confused:

Something missed?
The room where you first meet Seath up the elevator is not the area where you fight him for real, forget that room - for now, and explore the area further - the levers in that area besides the lift, from memory:
the one that moves the bookcase not far from the balcony bonfire, the one past that in the room with all the treasure chests which lowers a flight of stairs
- this is the direction you want to head in to face Seath for real :)

Ruuppa

I guess you could do Four Kings with twohanding Crest Shield and throwing Black Firebombs at them. That's probably how I would try if I was doing a no upgrades run. You can use almost all of Havel's armor on SL1 to tank their hits and still stay on midroll if you wear Havel's Ring + Ring of FaP.

Thrak360

Neo Member
So finally my turn to deal with the archers at Anor Londo, which I have heard mentioned so many times. Hopefully the third time is the charm! lol

I think I've finished much of the level up to this point, at least as much as I can do. Unpassable fog door up the dirt path. And found a second bonfire with some soapstone messages that indicated I'd find something in the room, but looked like a dead end to me.

That big cathedral like building off to the left from the first bonfire? With all the white robed guys? There was one chest on the far side of the chamber that I spied from the rafters. Wasn't a jump I was willing to make at the time. It's a loooong way down. Also were some stairs leading down from there. Anything important I am missing there?

v1perz53

So finally my turn to deal with the archers at Anor Londo, which I have heard mentioned so many times. Hopefully the third time is the charm! lol

I think I've finished much of the level up to this point, at least as much as I can do. Unpassable fog door up the dirt path. And found a second bonfire with some soapstone messages that indicated I'd find something in the room, but looked like a dead end to me.

That big cathedral like building off to the left from the first bonfire? With all the white robed guys? There was one chest on the far side of the chamber that I spied from the rafters. Wasn't a jump I was willing to make at the time. It's a loooong way down. Also were some stairs leading down from there. Anything important I am missing there?

To try to be helpful without spoiling anything, all I will say is that the white robed enemies are called Painting Guardians, take from that what you will. Also there is a specific item you need in order to fully experience the area, no idea how to help someone out with that without outright telling them, it is kind of random. You can get to the bottom floor without ever jumping by rotating the circular thing in the middle to one of the positions and going down the spiral stairs.

There was one chest on the far side of the chamber that I spied from the rafters. Wasn't a jump I was willing to make at the time. It's a loooong way down.
The way to get to this chest isn't from jumping from the rafters but
hoping down on to the ledge where the statue is at the end
, it's not particularly worth it, but this is my favourite spot in the game. The hours I've spent trolling invaders in that room and it still works even now amazingly enough - the vicious hatemail from people who plummet to their death because they don't know how to get across is quite magical!

Thrak360

Neo Member
Yeah, I have been to the bottom of the room by the way described as v1perz. I had hoped I would find some way up that would lead to the stairs near the treasure chest. I guess those stairs just lead down to another drop, the same as those on the other side. This is the "amazing chest ahead" statue that I need to drop to the base of?

Seems I will have to head back there anyway. Pretty sure I have a random item from the Asylum that mentions a painting.

Should I keep going ahead in Anor Londo, or is there a good reason to backtrack to the Painting Guardian's building?

Thanks for the hints.

One thing about going to the painting (since you have the required item) - once you go in, you can't get out without getting to the end of the area. So if you go in, make sure you're stocked up on everything you might need and have your weapon upgraded etc etc. Other that, the choice is yours.

Ruuppa

Yeah, I have been to the bottom of the room by the way described as v1perz. I had hoped I would find some way up that would lead to the stairs near the treasure chest. I guess those stairs just lead down to another drop, the same as those on the other side. This is the "amazing chest ahead" statue that I need to drop to the base of?

Seems I will have to head back there anyway. Pretty sure I have a random item from the Asylum that mentions a painting.

Should I keep going ahead in Anor Londo, or is there a good reason to backtrack to the Painting Guardian's building?

Thanks for the hints.

Keep going until you kill the boss of Anor Londo. You can tackle the painting after you've gone through the main area, since there's nothing exceptionally useful in there.
Unless you want a duel-item or an item that resets your invasion-timer.
The rewards from Anor Londo's boss is way, way better. Harder too, unfortunately.

v1perz53

I have a bit of a question that's been bothering me, and it came up again in the hardest moments in games thread where, as you would expect, Dark Souls came up. But what surprised me is that on more than one occasion, Bed of Chaos was mentioned, and I've seen it mentioned a bunch of times in the past as hard. Always really surprised me, because to me, Bed of Chaos is the stupidest fight in the game, but also the easiest.

My question is, do people actually find this fight hard, or are they confusing bad/annoying with hard? Or do they mean something else entirely? Was there maybe a pre patch version where you had to hit all 3 parts in one go, because that sounds difficult. Maybe they simply get to the boss and don't know what to do? Sounds odd, because the second I got there I assumed I had to go to the two glowing bits and hit them, then when the center floor crumbled that root looked so purposefully placed that I knew I had to jump onto it. Though again, I could definitely see people missing the last part.

My personal experience with this fight is as such. Super surfing time down the slope, pick a side and get to it fairly easily, kill one branch and watch the cutscene. Try my best to make it to the other side as the floor falls apart, and invariably die because the fight is stupid (unless I do the quit to menu trick). Make the dumb sprint back to the boss, super surfing time, and very easily make it to the other side, having to dodge maybe one attack on the way. Again, try to make it back to the middle but invariably die and run back to the boss. At this point, I only have the middle left to hit, and it usually takes 3-4 deaths before I get the jump right, and maybe a death if the stupid boss uses firestorm while I'm running.

Sure, super annoying, but nothing is hard. You just die a lot because the fight is poorly designed, but it is the most forgiving fight in the game as every aspect takes basically 1 hit to kill and the fight doesn't reset when you die. If you just accept death each time you really never even have to deal with the boss's attacks. Am I missing something that makes it hard or again, do people just say it is hard because they die a lot and it is a bad fight? Just curious why I see this mentioned as hard so often.

I have a bit of a question that's been bothering me, and it came up again in the hardest moments in games thread where, as you would expect, Dark Souls came up. But what surprised me is that on more than one occasion, Bed of Chaos was mentioned, and I've seen it mentioned a bunch of times in the past as hard. Always really surprised me, because to me, Bed of Chaos is the stupidest fight in the game, but also the easiest.

My question is, do people actually find this fight hard, or are they confusing bad/annoying with hard? Or do they mean something else entirely? Was there maybe a pre patch version where you had to hit all 3 parts in one go, because that sounds difficult. Maybe they simply get to the boss and don't know what to do? Sounds odd, because the second I got there I assumed I had to go to the two glowing bits and hit them, then when the center floor crumbled that root looked so purposefully placed that I knew I had to jump onto it. Though again, I could definitely see people missing the last part.

My personal experience with this fight is as such. Super surfing time down the slope, pick a side and get to it fairly easily, kill one branch and watch the cutscene. Try my best to make it to the other side as the floor falls apart, and invariably die because the fight is stupid (unless I do the quit to menu trick). Make the dumb sprint back to the boss, super surfing time, and very easily make it to the other side, having to dodge maybe one attack on the way. Again, try to make it back to the middle but invariably die and run back to the boss. At this point, I only have the middle left to hit, and it usually takes 3-4 deaths before I get the jump right, and maybe a death if the stupid boss uses firestorm while I'm running.

Sure, super annoying, but nothing is hard. You just die a lot because the fight is poorly designed, but it is the most forgiving fight in the game as every aspect takes basically 1 hit to kill and the fight doesn't reset when you die. If you just accept death each time you really never even have to deal with the boss's attacks. Am I missing something that makes it hard or again, do people just say it is hard because they die a lot and it is a bad fight? Just curious why I see this mentioned as hard so often.

The mayority call that boss bad because it involves mechanics, somewhat strange in a Souls series (I still dont play demon souls to know if there is a boss like that) and the boss can kill you easily for your mistake then take a looooooooong road to face her again and die and do the looooooooong road again to the destroy the other core and finally kills queelana bug.

I actually like the boss since she is not the same "hit till it die" boss but the tramps are so cheap it makes everyone rages hahahaha. There is also a trick to restart your character to the initial point when you destroy one of her ovari...cores.

iblPBP1C8idrzN.gif

Ruuppa

Meh -tier gimmick boss. Stupidly easy since it saves your progress between the stages. Cool design though, but I wish you could hack off the arms or something, even temporarily.

Any boss that uses a "lol u fell down hole" instakills is annoying in my books. Mostly because I tend to roll down them even without assistance.

v1perz53

I also always unlock the shortcut with the bugs in that tunnel, and I feel like the run from the fair lady bonfire, taking the elevator down and crossing the titanite demon bridge is a little shorter than the hidden bonfire in lost izalith. That run never even really bothered me, took like a minute or two which seemed pretty standard. I guess if people never found that bonfire and didn't unlock the shortcut the runback could be absolutely god awful.

I consider it a bad fight because I can beat the boss while playing absolutely terribly, and still die a lot. Starting from the middle you can get to each part without even being attacked. I never minded the fight really, but I always thought it was pretty lazy and boring. If they wanted to design something a little different and unique I think they could've done a better job.

Ruuppa

It's the same story with the whole area before the boss as well. Feels like they had some cool stuff going, but ran out of time/budget/effort before they could do anything about it before launch.

I find it bad because it's like a platforming game...in Dark Souls. And back when you had to press the same button as sprint to jump, it made it even more annoying because sometimes the input wouldn't register you you just run into a hole like some kind of maniac. What I usually do is hit the first orb, get back too the middle and make it maybe 1/2 or 2/3 of the way to the orb and then snipe it with arrows. Works well. There have been times where I was jumping down onto the branch and got swiped off, pissed me off because it was when I did both orbs in one go without the quit menu trick.

I think it's the randomness and insta-deaths of BoC that people find annoying more than difficult if they mention the boss as "hard". Sure if you've played the game a load of times it's going to be easier and you know the quickest/easiest way to kill it - but your first time through is likely to be annoying for most people. There's a pretty long run to the boss from either bonfire too.

v1perz53

I think the absolute worst way to die on Bed of Chaos is when you only have the middle left to kill, do the jump successfully, and the boss casts Fire Tempest as you are trying to destroy the branches to get to the bug. Several times where the entire free area around my character was fire and I just died.

I totally agree with everything that has been said, pretty much what I thought already. I love the atmosphere of Lost Izalith, just wish it didn't feel so rushed. Giant T-Rex demons that are totally optional and actually pretty easy when you do try to engage them, tons of those stupid fire statue enemies that are a joke, and a terrible end boss. Wasted potential!

MG310

It looks cool from above when you are crossing the shortcut bridge...even though that's also the best spot to admire the horde of dragon butts.

I also always unlock the shortcut with the bugs in that tunnel, and I feel like the run from the fair lady bonfire, taking the elevator down and crossing the titanite demon bridge is a little shorter than the hidden bonfire in lost izalith. That run never even really bothered me, took like a minute or two which seemed pretty standard. I guess if people never found that bonfire and didn't unlock the shortcut the runback could be absolutely god awful.

I consider it a bad fight because I can beat the boss while playing absolutely terribly, and still die a lot. Starting from the middle you can get to each part without even being attacked. I never minded the fight really, but I always thought it was pretty lazy and boring. If they wanted to design something a little different and unique I think they could've done a better job.

Just did Bed of Chaos this morning. Did it on my first try. Also appreciated it being a boss that, indeed, wasn't just hit until "You Defeated"
In retrospect though, it is kinda weird how there's just a whole lot of nothing in Lost Izalith.

Off to the Catacombs!

Just did Bed of Chaos this morning. Did it on my first try. Also appreciated it being a boss that, indeed, wasn't just hit until "You Defeated"
In retrospect though, it is kinda weird how there's just a whole lot of nothing in Lost Izalith.

Off to the Catacombs!

Good luck, may the force of the undead be with you.

Off to the Catacombs!

Yeah that area is pretty empty since they couldnt designed lost izalith the way the studio wanted to show because they ran out of budget

Good luck, may the force of the undead be with you.

Thank you!

Looks like my Enchanted Falchion will actually get some use. I've rocked the maxed out BlackKnight Greatsword since the very beginning of Anor Lando

Yeah that area is pretty empty since they couldnt designed lost izalith the way the studio wanted to show because they ran out of budget

Has this ever been confirmed?

Thank you!

Looks like my Enchanted Falchion will actually get some use. I've rocked the maxed out BlackKnight Greatsword since the very beginning of Anor Lando

Has this ever been confirmed?

I never heard of it before. However, a lot of really neat things were either cut due to time restrictions, budget, or a mixture of both. So something like this wouldn't be too far off the mark. As for the Catacombs, I could give you a little hint to make your life a whole lot easier down there. I wouldn't consider it too much of a spoiler, or too big of a hint, however each person classifies each differently. So up to you if you want to see it or not, but here it is:
Use divine weaponry if you have enough faith for it, something like Astora's Straight Sword should suffice.

Donos

Man.... Tomb of the Giants is some Demon's Souls type shit! (O___o)

You know nothing john otaku. I had to ascent from the Tomb of giants all the way through the catacombs to Firelink shrine because the boss in the tomb was still sealed. That was a shitty way back up...

Was ready to head to Anor Londo after finishing of Quelaag in NG+ but forgot that Sens F comes first -_-. At least it goes so much faster when you don't want collect everything i an area because you already have everything. After i have the LordV i am going to think about getting platinum and check which trophies are left. I don't want to endure another Pure Bladestone situation.

Man.... Tomb of the Giants is some Demon's Souls type shit! (O___o)

Its a hell of a trip if you go there first and without knowing about the orange fog gates

You know nothing john otaku. I had to ascent from the Tomb of giants all the way through the catacombs to Firelink shrine because the boss in the tomb was still sealed. That was a shitty way back up...

Was ready to head to Anor Londo after finishing of Quelaag in NG+ but forgot that Sens F comes first -_-. At least it goes so much faster when you don't want collect everything i an area because you already have everything. After i have the LordV i am going to think about getting platinum and check which trophies are left. I don't want to endure another Pure Bladestone situation.

I think you need to do 3 runs to get all the boss weapons anyway

Donos

Its a hell of a trip if you go there first and without knowing about the orange fog gates

I think you need to do 3 runs to get all the boss weapons anyway

Okay, that's not a problem. Still don't have used any of the boss souls.Are any of the trophies a really bullshit one (like super rare drop)?

Ruuppa

Okay, that's not a problem. Still don't have used any of the boss souls.Are any of the trophies a really bullshit one (like super rare drop)?

Obsidian Greatsword and Priscilla's Dagger
(Kalameet and Priscilla respectively)
are hard tail-cutoff weapons.

Channeler's Trident is probably the rarest drop in the game that you need. Not especially difficult to farm, but can take some time.

Donos

Channeler's Trident is probably the rarest drop in the game that you need. Not especially difficult to farm, but can take some time.

Thanks.
I think i already got the Trident in Duke's Archives. The Dagger is maybe not that hard to get
since Priscilla is not hostile when you enter her arena. Didn't know that she had a cutable tail in NG and just started to hit her furiously. She was invisible the rest of the fight and i just hit her with the running Claymore roundhouse slash.Kalameet is going to be interesting though
Looks like DaS will be my second Plat after DeS.

Ruuppa

Thanks.
I think i already got the Trident in Duke's Archives. The Dagger is maybe not that hard to get
since Priscilla is not hostile when you enter her arena. Didn't know that she had a cutable tail in NG and just started to hit her furiously. She was invisible the rest of the fight and i just hit her with the running Claymore roundhouse slash.Kalameet is going to be interesting though

Priscilla's tail is only hard if you can't two-hand it with an big damage weapon right when she's standing still on your first encounter. If you can do that, it's no problem at all. But after the battle gets started, it becomes horrendous, because the hitbox on her tail is pretty tiny and close to her normal hitbox.

Donos

Priscilla's tail is only hard if you can't two-hand it with an big damage weapon right when she's standing still on your first encounter. If you can do that, it's no problem at all. But after the battle gets started, it becomes horrendous, because the hitbox on her tail is pretty tiny and close to her normal hitbox.

That's what i mean. Someone (or even you) posted that a few pages ago. I have a Zweihander +10, that should be enough, or should i push it to +14/15? (i have Power Within (+8) which boosts my DMG). If i fuck up, i have to try it in NG++.

All my heavy Axes/greatswords are not upgraded.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Ugh, even on your second time through the depths is freaky as fuck to go through. But it feels so good. Never noticed how there's an echo in the big hall before the boss, dat attention to detail. Also fuck the hitbox on that thing.

Edit: What's up with the breathing noise in that same area?

v1perz53

You don't actually need Obsidian Greatsword for the platinum. The DLC didn't add any trophies, so that weapon isn't part of rare weapons trophy. Seath's tail was the hardest for me, because at the time I didn't have a weapon I could 2H for enough damage to get it in 1-2 hits, so I had to chase his tail around the room as he spun like a top.

The main annoying trophy is to get every miracle, because the spears require you to be in and max Sunbro covenant, which requires 25 faith or to co-op a bunch to lower the faith requirement. If you aren't doing a faith build, 25 faith is a lot, and if you don't realize till NG+, it can be a long wait to get co-op attempts to try to lower the requirement.

zewone

Got the Obsidian Greatsword last night. It was fun.

Large Club +15 with Power Within makes short work of
Kalameet
, so I had to not buff and switch to Zwei +15 to get the tail.

Thanks.

Equip a katana, you dont deal damage but the strike attack from the katana make her drop her tail fast.

Ruuppa

You don't actually need Obsidian Greatsword for the platinum. The DLC didn't add any trophies, so that weapon isn't part of rare weapons trophy. Seath's tail was the hardest for me, because at the time I didn't have a weapon I could 2H for enough damage to get it in 1-2 hits, so I had to chase his tail around the room as he spun like a top.

The main annoying trophy is to get every miracle, because the spears require you to be in and max Sunbro covenant, which requires 25 faith or to co-op a bunch to lower the faith requirement. If you aren't doing a faith build, 25 faith is a lot, and if you don't realize till NG+, it can be a long wait to get co-op attempts to try to lower the requirement.

That makes sense, at least for the consoles. Might be different for the PC version though, since it came bundled with AotA? Not sure.

Seath's Tail has an annoying hitbox. You need to hit the very tip of it for the damage to register for the tail itself. Sometimes I've gotten it in two hits, sometimes I've gone through the whole fight while hitting only his tail.

Sunbro covenant is relatively easy to max, if you stay low enough level for long enough. Around 20SL in Gargoyles or 50SL for Fats & Slim should get you pretty fast medals. As a last resort, the Chaos Bug farm is always there for you.

Equip a katana, you dont deal damage but the strike attack from the katana make her drop her tail fast.

My strategy is to use a Zwei with a 2hR2 on the tail before the fight even starts. That usually makes her drop it instantly.

Top Bottom