• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT5| Definitely better than the sequel

JustinBB7

Whaaaat? I just bought the game last weekend! That would really blow to get my save wiped.. I should've bought for xbox 360 :(

It's not sure they will get wiped yet though.

And once this is Steamworks it will be the best version of the game again. (with Dsfix)

So I read in another thread that GFWL might just be taken out of Dark Souls on steam any day now. I also found out that when it happens all of our save games will be wiped, because GFWL encrypts them or something and they won't be compatible with the new steam saves.

o_O !!!!!!!!!!

Man, I am so CLOSE to the end of it now, I have 88 hours into this save, and I don't want to lose it. If I just turn off auto-updates will I be okay, or am I essentially screwed? Do I need to call in sick tomorrow and finish the game up in preparation?

Prepare to Die indeed. Just one more way in which Microsoft has cut me deeply in my life...

I'm in a similar situation, about 60-70 hours in, near the end. It would suck if that happened.

I.... Would throw a fit.
I do however know that another one of Namco's games went from gfwl to SteamWorks, and it transferred the saves AND achievements over.
I've put like 138 hours into this game. That CANT happen. I'd stop playing.

Mistel

Banned
Ceaseless discharge, fire demon and I'm not even sure what it was are dead without dying between all three on the first try.

Now I can't figure out how to progress...

NinjaBoiX

Hi guys, I come in peace. I'm over my strop.

So I started playing again tonight, loads of progress. I'm going to come back to Artorias, and I left New Londo alone for now (grrr!)

So I went through the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith, killed the Demon Firesage, Fiery Centipede Man and Bed of Chaos.

Am I kind of done with this area now? Should I be really grabbing a hold of my nuts and heading to New Londo at this point?

Ferr986

Wish I could know how many reprisals I still need for Darkmoon Blade+3, Im sure i still have a long way to go (leveling up oly via invasions...)

I hope the Covenant IU is improved in DS2( showcasing how many items you offered and offer more than one item at once).

So I started playing again tonight, loads of progress. I'm going to come back to Artorias, and I left New Londo alone for now (grrr!)

So I went through the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith, killed the Demon Firesage, Fiery Centipede Man and Bed of Chaos.

Am I kind of done with this area now? Should I be really grabbing a hold of my nuts and heading to New Londo at this point?
Welcome back :)

Sounds like you're done with Lost Izalith, a couple of NPC events you may have missed there:

At the end of the bridge with the titanite demon in the middle is an old "friend" and a shortcut to open back to Demon Ruins
Before/facing the same bridge is an area with an item, the floor breaks and a new small area below also has an old friend event if you've been following his questline
-
Seigmeyer

There is also an NPC invader in LI that if you didn't meet him there you've now missed because of defeating the area boss.
Kirk, and his armour set would be now available at the Daughter of Chaos bonfire

New Londo really shouldn't be too much to worry about. The ghosts hate fire and drop transient curses very plentifully with the gold serpent ring on - once you've opened up the rest of the area it's pretty straight forward.

Chitown B

mostly yeah. there's some loot around you might want to get, but otherwise all the bosses are killed.

NinjaBoiX

Cool, thanks guys. Cheers for the quest info RL, I'm going to have a bit more look around in Demon Ruins, (kill those Taurus demons and see what's behind them!) then head on the New Londo I guess.

NinjaBoiX

It's great man, I don't think I was ever going to put it down for good. I just had a bit of a wobbler, I'm over it! I just need to keep reminding myself that it is going to irritate occasionally with a bit of clipping or the odd cheap hit box, but just...
YPlHptr.gif

...innit.

Mistel

Banned
lost izalith.

wait, did you kill demon firesage and the centipede?

damn you for skipping ahead of me :p
If the fire sage is the second boss and the centipede is the last then yes. I just cant figure out where to go there's that shortcut that I can't access and that's it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It's great man, I don't think I was ever going to put it down for good. I just had a bit of a wobbler, I'm over it! I just need to keep reminding myself that it is going to irritate occasionally with a bit of clipping or the odd cheap hit box, but just...
YPlHptr.gif

...innit.

That's the spirit!

Where's that gif from? It's amazing!

If the fire sage is the second boss and the centipede is the last then yes I just cant figure out where to go there's that shortcut that I can access and that's it.

Tunnel on the left side wall in the Centipede room. It's hard to see.

You know, I've killed every boss besides the last one and the black dragon, and I just realised that when you kindle a bonfire, you get the extra flasks every time you rest there.

I always used to think, wow one humanity for 5 flasks once? What a ripoff and therefore never kindled.

I only realised it because I kindled the bonfire before Artorius to beat him because my last attempt was super close, and I had quite a few soft humanity. Then went back to it after I died on Manus and was like wtf 20 flasks.

Also DLC content is much better than the actual game imo.

Artorius and Manus are the my 1st and 2nd favorite boss fights in the game. The first boss was kind of piss but at least his tail was a bit annoying.

I really hope the black dragon can take #3 from O+S, and I hope the final boss is up there as well, because he is you know, the final boss.

If the fire sage is the second boss and the centipede is the last then yes. I just cant figure out where to go there's that shortcut that I can't access and that's it.

If you're wondering how to get across the lave, read the loot you got from centipede demon.

That's the spirit!

Community.

NinjaBoiX

Stat update (I should really have clocked this game at this soul level right!)

BoXrYZm.jpg

Also, The Wolf Ring is mint, why did I never equip it before? I like the little white glow it emits too, very cool.

Question about equip load (I consulted the wiki to no avail), is it just stuff you currently have equipped that affect this stat? Or is it all the gear you're carrying? Because I have a lot of shit!

And if it is just the stuff you currently have equipped, what's the point of the bottomless box?
It's Abed from Community, it's an American sitcom set in a community college. It's really good!

Ferr986

You know, I've killed every boss besides the last one and the black dragon, and I just realised that when you kindle a bonfire, you get the extra flasks every time you rest there.

I always used to think, wow one humanity for 5 flasks once? What a ripoff and therefore never kindled.

I only realised it because I kindled the bonfire before Artorius to beat him because my last attempt was super close, and I had quite a few soft humanity. Then went back to it after I died on Manus and was like wtf 20 flasks.

Also DLC content is much better than the actual game imo.

Artorius and Manus are the my 1st and 2nd favorite boss fights in the game (except Four Kings in NG+, fuck those guys).. The first boss was kind of piss but at least his tail was a bit annoying.

I really hope the black dragon can take #3 from O+S, and I hope the final boss is up there as well, because he is you know, the final boss.

If you're wondering how to get across the lave, read the loot you got from centipede demon.

Community.

Kalameet is an awesome fight IMO, and the hardest of all the game, I personally like it more than Manus. My fave fight is still Artorias though.

kionedrik

Kalameet is an awesome fight IMO, and the hardest of all the game, I personally like it more than Manus. My fave fight is still Artorias though.

The Black Dragon and Manus are awesome fights, up there with O&S and the first time you face the Bell Gargoiles imo, but Artorias and Sif are special.

OK, thanks. I presume the bottomless box is purely there to declutter your inventory then.
Yeah, basically. It's INCREDIBLY useful if you're like me and always changing your equipment around all the time. I don't think I have the same loadout for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Randam

Yeah, basically. It's INCREDIBLY useful if you're like me and always changing your equipment around all the time. I don't think I have the same loadout for more than 10 minutes at a time.

after 10 minutes, I have the loadout for the rest of the game.

but I still have to pick up everything. :D

Mistel

Banned
Stamping dinosaurs, sentient squid multi eyed vacuum cleaners things only 2 bonfires and my eyes.

What happened with lost izlaith? I can probably go insane like Solaire by looking at it. I've destroyed on root thing on the bed of chaos and now i'm stuck.

NinjaBoiX

I drained the water in New Londo and got the very large ember then went and got the Gold Serpent ring from Sens, I went to see Andre and upgraded my Uchi to +13. I'm going to hold off on four kings for now though!

I then headed to Tomb of the Giants and got to the first bonfire. Time to call it a day. With Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith conquered that's a pretty good days hunting!

Will be back at it tomorrow, good times DSGAF.

NinjaBoiX

Stormtrooper, for BoC, just run around the edge of the arena for the left and right side. Did you do the right side first? You can get the left hand side with a bow if you don't fancy the jump over the crack.

The for the middle, just run straight down the middle and slightly to the right. Stop at the inner stone ring on the floor and wait for his left right swipe. Then just run the same way, slightly to the right. The floor should give way beneath your feet to reveal a branch to walk on. Same deal, hack away until you get to the heart.

Sneaky cheat:

If you save and quit after each phase, it'll start you outside the fog door and save you the effort of getting back to the middle.

Good luck! (It's pretty easy when you know how to gimp it!)

Mistel

Banned
Stormtrooper, for BoC, just run around the edge of the arena for the left and right side. Did you do the right side first? You can get the left hand side with a bow if you don't fancy the jump over the crack.

The for the middle, just run straight down the middle and slightly to the right. Stop at the inner stone ring on the floor and wait for his left right swipe. Then just run the same way, slightly to the right. The floor should give way beneath your feet to reveal a branch to walk on. Same deal, hack away until you get to the heart.

Sneaky cheat:

If you save and quit after each phase, it'll start you outside the fog door and save you the effort of getting back to the middle.

Good luck! (It's pretty easy when you know how to gimp it!)
I did the right so my great bow should be fine for the left one, I didn't know you could save and quit I'll do that then thanks.

yeah I'd rather not hug a demon

edit:got him finally
See that wasn't so hard now fire thingy at the bottom of the ruins.

Stamping dinosaurs, sentient squid multi eyed vacuum cleaners things only 2 bonfires and my eyes.

What happened with lost izlaith? I can probably go insane like Solaire by looking at it. I've destroyed on root thing on the bed of chaos and now i'm stuck.

welcome to legend of zelda, dark souls style

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
SL1 almost done. Only Gwyn left but he's cake. Manus and Kalameet were by far the biggest bitches. Manus the most. Stopped counting (via green blossoms xD) after 30 tries, lol.

Mistel

Banned
Bed of chaos done, solaire and onion man saved, paladian set retrieved and big divine ember found.

I'm using those souls you find to grind some levels I've got turns out I've been carrying around 100,000 souls and I've not used them.

Screaming meat you know how you said you kill Mr Solaire most of the time by any chance do you have all of his gear? If you don't use it or have need of it is there anyway to give it to me?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Screaming meat you know how you said you kill Mr Solaire most of the time by any chance do you have all of his gear? If you don't use it or have need of it is there anyway to give it to me?

I haven't done that with my SL91 (I saved him!) but I have with my SL110 (who is on NG+). If we are able to get a game together you are more than welcome to have it.

EDIT: You can summon my NG+ apparently but you'll need to be in range (10 levels + 10%).

NinjaBoiX

What weapon would you guys recommend making divine? I've been making do with astora's straight sword +2 until now but I need something a bit more meaty for the nito fight.

Context: dex build (30, only 14 strength), I have a Uchi +13 as my main and a fire Iaito +5 (which I may make chaos), so I favour fast weapons.

I probably have most of the weapons to collect so far so throw any suggestion at me. I hear the Falchion is good?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What weapon would you guys recommend making divine? I've been making do with astora's straight sword +2 until now but I need something a bit more meaty for the nito fight.

Context: dex build (30, only 14 strength), I have a Uchi +13 as my main and a fire Iaito +5 (which I may make chaos), so I favour fast weapons.

I probably have most of the weapons to collect so far so throw any suggestion at me. I hear the Falchion is good?

Get a Silver Knight Spear from one of the Silver Knights in Anor Londo. Great DEX weapon, already blessed, great move set. Will take some farming though.

Here.

0Fq1b.jpg

Chitown B

I like the Bastard Sword Divine. But that's because it's almost a clone of the Claymore I use.

Top Bottom