• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT5| Definitely better than the sequel

Randam

Pretty good progress since the last post. I killed Nito (he quivered before my double handed, charcoal resined Uchi), went back to Oolacile and killed Artorias (really fun fight actually when you wait for your chance, nice dodge windows on his attacks), then had a little mooch around Oolacile Township. I've saved at the first bonfire, I'm going to pick things up this evening.

I still have Four Kings to vanquish, I'm dreading that fight, I hear terrifying stories!

put on the heaviest armor you have and you are good to go.

kionedrik

Pretty good progress since the last post. I killed Nito (he quivered before my double handed, charcoal resined Uchi), went back to Oolacile and killed Artorias (really fun fight actually when you wait for your chance, nice dodge windows on his attacks), then had a little mooch around Oolacile Township. I've saved at the first bonfire, I'm going to pick things up this evening.

I still have Four Kings to vanquish, I'm dreading that fight, I hear terrifying stories!

The secret to 4K is to finish the fight before it has a chance to start, at least in NG. From NG+ forward it's a different story.

Mistel

Banned
So a strange question but am I meant to have fire, lightning and crystal weapons? I've got an estoc and balder side sword lying around that I could upgrade? Or just buy more bastard swords?

cebri.one

Well, 10 hours into my first playtrough and so far so good. I love how the game is designed, at first is completly brutal, they leave you in the middle of this world with no clue of where you are suppose to go and having to face brutal enemies but, after a while, everything start to make sense. I had kind of the same "epiphany" Jeff Green experienced in this video (when he realizes how
every part of the map is interconected, and begins to experience this sense of scale
)
. So i already beat the
Gargoyles, Taurus Demon and the Moonlight Butterfly,
and i'm trying to kill
Havel
right now.

One question, can i sell o drop some of my items? I have like 10 helmets of the same kind. Thanks.

^ Yep, but you don't get many souls for trash items, 50-100 souls per item isn't worth the hassle of the invetory management imo. Drop 'em.

So a strange question but am I meant to have fire, lightning and crystal weapons? I've got an estoc and balder side sword lying around that I could upgrade? Or just buy more bastard swords?
It's not needed no, they're there if you want to use them, or just buy some resins to do the same job temporarily.

Randam

One question, can i sell o drop some of my items? I have like 10 helmets of the same kind. Thanks.

you can.

but the time you need to click through the menus isnt worth the souls you get.

drop it, or buy the bottomless box and put it there.

You mean the Obsidian Greatsword? I think it's pretty cool.

I meant getting it, took me like 20 attempts, so annoying.

Well atleast trying to get the tail so many times made the piss easy when I trying to kill it, since I'd seen his moves so many times.

Still that tail was pisstake and a half.

Divius

Co-opping with this Brazillian dude I randomly met while invading.

sl1. NG+. Gravelorded. Agression mod. Very hard but a lot of fun and a real challenge.

Mistel

Banned
Screaming meat I'm nearly at the point where I can summon your ng+ person just need to level up about 3 times more then I reach the lowest required level. Sun & iron armor, sunlight sword, shield and talisman here I come :D. I can be a true sunlight warrior lady.

I've been using the basic talisman for my lightning spear so I'll swap it out for the sunlight one so I can get more damage if I understand it right.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Screaming meat I'm nearly at the point where I can summon your ng+ person just need to level up about 3 times more then I reach the lowest required level. Sun & iron armor, sunlight sword, shield and talisman here I come :D. I can be a true sunlight warrior lady.

I've been using the basic talisman for my lightning spear so I'll swap it out for the sunlight one so I can get more damage if I understand it right.

Cool. Everything is packed and ready to go. I'm trying to think where we can meet. Have you opened the flood gates in New Londo? You might be able to help me with The Four Kings on NG+!!! Do you happen to have any spare Dragon Scales? I could do with three or four to pimp out my Obsidian Sword. No bother if not, just on the off chance. :)

I've only got Gwyn and Gwyndolin to go on my other build, then I murder every NPC for their stuff!

Soloed Manus for the first time... Well, with a little help from a certain someone halfway through. The DLC boss fights are hands down the best in the game.

I meant getting it, took me like 20 attempts, so annoying.

Well atleast trying to get the tail so many times made the piss easy when I trying to kill it, since I'd seen his moves so many times.

Still that tail was pisstake and a half.

Ah, right. Yeah, he doesn't give it up easily. You got it though? The two handed R2 is wicked looking... Not sure how useful it'd be in PvP.

Mistel

Banned
Cool. Everything is packed and ready to go. I'm trying to think where we can meet. Have you opened the flood gates in New Londo? You might be able to help me with The Four Kings on NG+!!! Do you happen to have any spare Dragon Scales? I could do with three or four to pimp out my Obsidian Sword. No bother if not, just on the off chance. :)
I've not done new londo yet I was going to use the transient curses and just murder anything that moves and drain the place. How hard can that be? As I had a look a while ago and murdered that chainmail guy.

I've got a dragon scale you can have if you want it?

kionedrik

I always stand in his face, and 2 hand my weapon.

I also do it that way. The problem is when/if he does the purple AoE spell and you have to back off. If you get hit by the blade on you way back in... ouch. Also on NG+ they have a ton more hp, so killing one before the next spawns is quite harder.

NinjaBoiX

then get good(really good) at dodging.
Yeah, I'm pretty good. I've got 40 endurance too, I can dodge like the best of them.

It's just when I get hit. It hurts. A lot.

16 vitality and a +3 ninja suit doesn't offer a gear deal of protection though. My endurance bar is the same size as my health bar!

I think I need to upgrade a little, but I need it to be light. Any suggestions? I saw a cool set ENB was wearing, like a cool "death" looking hood thing with robes and stuff.
Artorias is way harder than the Four Kings. You'll be fine.
I just got to Manus, he was tough. I think I might head back and take on Four Kings. Hopefully with some better armour!

Ferr986

For 4 Kings, hugging them made their melees attacks significaly weaker. Like, if they hit you with their sword when you are far form them it hurts a lot more.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I've not done new londo yet I was going to use the transient curses and just murder anything that moves and drain the place. How hard can that be? As I had a look a while ago and murdered that chainmail guy.

I've got a dragon scale you can have if you want it?

Only if you can spare it. The armour is yours either way, of course :)

New Londo can be a wee bit of a pain in the arse. You can only summon once the floodgates are down and it's quite a mission. If you're up for doing it, that's cool.

We can probably meet up elsewhere, though. I just can't remember which bosses I haven't whacked. Spider-Bitch might be still alive. I'll take a look see later.

NinjaBoiX

For 4 Kings, hugging them made their melees attacks significaly weaker. Like, if they hit you with their sword when you are far form them it hurts a lot more.
Ah cool, I like to get up close and personal with bosses in general anyway. It's usually the path to Cheeseville which is fine by me!

Mistel

Banned
Only if you can spare it. The armour is yours either way, of course :)

New Londo can be a wee bit of a pain in the arse. You can only summon once the floodgates are down and it's quite a mission. If you're up for doing it, that's cool.

We can probably meet up elsewhere, though. I just can't remember which bosses I haven't whacked. Spider-Bitch might be still alive. I'll take a look see later.
I was going to use my transient curses and sprint through the place if possible. You can have the dragon scale I bet there a loads that you can get so one doesn't hurt, not that i can use it for anything other than the great axe right now.

If we cant do new londo, how about anor londo if you have got their already?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
been trying to get summoned at O&S but the past couple days I can't pull anyone.

What level are you? PvP might be an option.

I was going to use my transient curses and sprint through the place if possible. You can have the dragon scale I bet there a loads that you can get so one doesn't hurt, not that i can use it for anything other than the great axe right now.

If we cant do new londo, how about anor londo if you have got their already?

I'm pre-vessel with my SL110, unfortunately. I'm hoping to get him to join ze Darkwraiths hence why I'm in New Londo.

If we can't do there, there is another possibility. I know Sif is down in my game, but I may be able to summon you in Darkroot Basin for the Moon Butterfly or Hydra. Worth a try!

Actually, forget the Dragon Scale, that's on my other build. D'oh!

Mistel

Banned
I'm pre-vessel with my SL110, unfortunately. I'm hoping to get him to join ze Darkwraiths hence why I'm in New Londo.

If we can't do there, there is another possibility. I know Sif is down in my game, but I may be able to summon you in Darkroot Basin for the Moon Butterfly or Hydra. Worth a try!

Actually, forget the Dragon Scale, that's on my other build. D'oh!
Dark root is fine for me I can just get more dragon slayer arrows for the great bow before you summon me and I'd just range the hydra from the top of the ladder. If you want the dragon scale for the other character you're still welcome to have it if you like?

There are dark wraiths in new londo post draining? from the little I've explore it has no bonfire as well..

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Dark root is fine for me I can just get more dragon slayer arrows for the great bow before you summon me and I'd just range the hydra from the top of the ladder. If you want the dragon scale for the other character you're still welcome to have it if you like?

There are dark wraiths in new londo post draining? from the little I've explore it has no bonfire as well..

Yes there. They're pretty cool to fight. There is a nifty short cut from Firelink to The Four Kings once you've drained the place, so you don't have to run through the whole thing every time.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
beat Anor Londo, was cool except for that one fucking spot, you know what it is. Fuck those guys. Didn't know where to go really so I went to the closest place there was a golden fog and worked my way over to the Archives and am now in the crystal caves right outside the entrance to Seath's boss room (I got beat the first time.) trying to decide if I should wait until I can get somebody summoned.

I like these areas, despite the fact that the bonfire is a long-ass way from the boss room.

Mistel

Banned
Yes there. They're pretty cool to fight. There is a nifty short cut from Firelink to The Four Kings once you've drained the place, so you don't have to run through the whole thing every time.
Can you literally jump all the way down to the fight or something? That would save a lot of time once I drain the place.

Level 72. But I'm not a fan of PVP. Too Chicken, lol.

I don't want to go to the Painted World yet, until I'm ready to be trapped there. I heard you can't leave until you finish it.
The painted world is quite easy to get out of unless you count the wheels in the basement, I've got to go back and kill that undead dragon at some point.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Can you literally jump all the way down to the fight or something? That would save a lot of time once I drain the place.

Yup. Easy Titanite Chunk farming.

Cool, let's do that! Those NG+ Four Kings have been fucking me off for weeks!

Level 72. But I'm not a fan of PVP. Too Chicken, lol

At that level you should try co-op on the DLC. There is also a Bonfire after Artorias where loads of people PvP. It's good for practicing because you don't have to worry too much if you lose your stuff, you can pick it straight up hassle free :)

Chitown B

thanks. I have the DLC and I got to the Sanctuary, but then I don't really know where to go. Just fields full of those trident guys and I saw a dragon drop on a bridge and leave.

Mistel

Banned
Yup. Easy Titanite Chunk farming.

Cool, let's do that! Those NG+ Four Kings have been fucking me off for weeks!
I'll get on and drain it in a second then I was going to go full havels set and try and get as close as possible. but I either break my ring of favor and protection so I can have the abyss ring and havel's ring or be slightly slower and have fat roll.

Top Bottom