• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT5| Definitely better than the sequel

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'll get on and drain it in a second then I was going to go full havels set and try and get as close as possible. but I either break my ring of favor and protection so I can have the abyss ring and havel's ring or be slightly slower and have fat roll.

That's quite the dilemma. You got the Mask of the Father? That gives you extra equipment load. Might help.

Cool. I'll be available for co-op after I've done my usual duties. :)

thanks. I have the DLC and I got to the Sanctuary, but then I don't really know where to go. Just fields full of those trident guys and I saw a dragon drop on a bridge and leave.

Exciting, right?

Booshka

I'll get on and drain it in a second then I was going to go full havels set and try and get as close as possible. but I either break my ring of favor and protection so I can have the abyss ring and havel's ring or be slightly slower and have fat roll.

Take off Havel's Ring, you don't need to roll at all, or run away. Just stand right next to them and tank it. 2 hand your weapon and swing away until you run out of stamina, heal with estus while your stamina regens, then swing even more. Rinse and repeat until You Defeated and the cheese is complete.

Mistel

Banned
Take off Havel's Ring, you don't need to roll at all, or run away. Just stand right next to them and tank it. 2 hand your weapon and swing away until you run out of stamina, heal with estus while your stamina regens, then swing even more. Rinse and repeat until You Defeated and the cheese is complete.
I don't need havels for my current armor I'm running around in which is below 50% of my equip load with the ring of favor so I'll just do that then thanks.

Cool. I'll be available for co-op after I've done my usual duties. :)
I'll drain whilst I wait then :).

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Here's an album with over 170 screens of my final Dark Souls run. The shots aren't as good as Neiteio's, but there are still pretty cool. :D

Here some of the screens:
apxmxjh.png

gZIpZ8v.png

bjbCJYk.png

Ju17TwU.png

N9llvqW.png

Mistel

Banned
Drained new londo, gave andre a ember and got a +15 claymore now. Had a wander around that tree place and bumped into giant mushrooms my arch nemesis, who just punched me in the face and killed me.

Booshka

Drained new londo, gave andre a ember and got a +15 claymore now. Had a wander around that tree place and bumped into giant mushrooms my arch nemesis, who just punched me in the face and killed me.

Nice, probably my favorite weapon in the game. Level up your STR and DEX for the Quality scaling. Work your STR toward 24 or 27, then pump DEX as high as you can toward 40. STR to 40 after that if you really like the 1 handed moveset.

Only 341 deaths? Wow, that's a lot better for my SL5 than I thought. And this file is halfway into NG+7 with Black Phantoms out the wazoo.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
sl66 and still can't kill that damn prowling demon in AL. this guy is frustrating beyond anything

took me quite a few deaths to get him too

I finally ended up just trying to stay touching his side away from his spear and patiently sword him to death while managing stamina very VERY carefully

Mistel

Banned
sl66 and still can't kill that damn prowling demon in AL. this guy is frustrating beyond anything
I just two handed my claymore and beat it up. It did nearly kill me with that pole grab thing though. I did it about level 58 in full black iron armor.

Speaking of armor thanks for Solaire's stuff screaming meat. I do like that sunlight sword and the talisman. Now I'm going to upgrade that and use that sword. I'm wearing a paladin head and torso with balder gloves and Solaire's legs.

Sorry about dying I went round a corner and got a weird hug from a creepy person.

Petraeus is worse than Laurtrec, big meany killed Rhea.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I just did Undead Asylum pt.2 and then the painted world. Thats one of the best sections of the game.

Just wanted to stop by and pay my respects before DkS2 drops tomorrow night...

I've sunk over 1000 hours of playtime into DkS over the course of hundreds of playthroughs. Countless moments of joy, anger, despair... I have felt every emotion imaginable during my time with DkS. Whether I eventually go hollow, or the flames finally fade once and for all, I pray I am still able to keep the memories of my first DkS playthrough.

Nothing will ever come close to beating Capra Demon for the first time, or getting cursed for the first time, or discovering the Great Hollow and trying to walk your way out of there, or finally getting back to Firelink after ringing the second bell of awakening, and this is exactly why nothing will ever come close to Dark Souls.

My current GOAT, beating out Demon's Souls and Super Metroid. Ever since discovering the Souls games most video games honestly aren't as fun they used to be. The Souls series spoiled me, and now nothing can satiate my gaming desires except for Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

A challenger approaches, however, and it's one with more than a murmur of Dark. Dark Souls II releases tomorrow in the US, and it's gonna be time to finally remove DkS from my PS3 for the first time since its release. From what I've seen, DkS2 seems to be more than a worthy successor to DkS, and that is exactly what I want, but at the same time it also makes me a little sad. I'll probably be playing DkS2 for 1000+ hours, and while I know I will go back to DkS and enjoy it again... until that day comes it will be missed.

Thank you Fromsoft, and thank every single one of you who I've invaded/summoned/praised the sun with. The game wouldn't be what it is without you.

Umbasa,
Rabidtanooki

Just beat Smough and that other dude, took me like 10 tries. That was definitely the hardest boss battle so far. It was a cake walk after I killed the small guy though.

Priscilla was easy, probably the easiest battle so far. My head hurts after playing for so long.

The game went from very difficult to kind of easy.

The last four bosses were cake-

Gaping Demon
Quelaag
Lava Hands Guy
Iron Golem

They're all very easy. I didn't even take damage on Iron Golem. Just rolled behind him and hit him until he fell to one knee. Then hit him more until he died.

Maybe I leveled up too much? I've been in Anor Londo for about an hour and I'm level 61. I feel like ever since I equipped the black knight sword the game has become a lot easier.

Also, killing an invader is the best feeling. Get the fuck out of my game, bitch!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hm, I'm 62 and in Anor Londo and don't feel overpowered. But I'm using laito.
Iron Golem took a lot of effort for me. I actually switched to a halberd to take him down.

Chitown B

I specifically didn't want to summon anyone until NG+

ok, but that has nothing to do with my post.

on another note - Griggs will not move on to Sen's. I'm done with BHL's entire story. I've bought all Griggs' spells. Only thing I haven't bought is one of the rings.

Also, Quelaana seems to be absent from my game. I'm near the end, and I have a Pyro glove of +13, yet she's not in her spot. Seems like I'm screwed this playthrough for the pyro achieve.

akira28

ok, but that has nothing to do with my post.

slightly related. I was putting my summon sign down in the depths, trying to complete the sunbro levels for the spells. But for some reason I feel like it's cheating to summon anything other than a computer player during my first game. I know it's a dynamic and a part of the game, but I feel like it would spoil the bossfight for some reason.

Maybe its because it just ends so quickly whenever I get summoned.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I just two handed my claymore and beat it up. It did nearly kill me with that pole grab thing though. I did it about level 58 in full black iron armor.

Speaking of armor thanks for Solaire's stuff screaming meat. I do like that sunlight sword and the talisman. Now I'm going to upgrade that and use that sword. I'm wearing a paladin head and torso with balder gloves and Solaire's legs.

Sorry about dying I went round a corner and got a weird hug from a creepy person.

No bother. Those Darkwraiths pack a punch.

Top Bottom