• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Plissken

I've just done drench fort, it's great so far, I've no idea why I'm at drench fort like but heh it's still great. Something about tears apparently. Also regarding the side quests, can you do them at any time? Or do they become blocked off etc.

You can do them at any time, nothing gets blocked that I know of. I was doing side quests in the Forge Lands right before the end of the game.

Damn, the 3rd world is as small as everyone said it was - like 90 percent of it is empty traversal space.
Glad there's that stint on Earth to balance things out
. Am I right in assuming the 4th world will be even smaller?

gunbo13

This touches on what we were trying to achieve... freestyle potential. Let players make decisions on the fly and allow them the freedom to be creative.
Cool. I would say you achieved that based on the system. Personally, I would still prefer deeper 1v1 mechanics (pending some possible breakthroughs) but I also said that freestyles are just more fun. And they are.
One thing I always liked to do was Twin Cannon, Evade Back, Flipkick (or wait split second and standard jump). It's slow looking but it's also pretty stylish. Especially when you mix-and-match.
Yea, that's what I was playing with. I enjoy mixing twin cannon with grab, especially with evade back or neutral jumps. But I found that playing with a single enemy got boring since it was looping in options. Except when you add multiple enemies, you start to get cool stuff. Like using grab/gun on an enemy to keep them lifeless in the air and then pull a twin cannon on a second enemy after a roll. Then roll back twin cannon on the enemy who landed, roll back into a combo. Mix and match. That's the kind of freestyle stuff that is fun. And changing enemies, specials, etc... up increases the style opportunities.

You've done well with the combat. And I'm critical about combat in action games to a fault. I'm sure your system will be mentioned in the future with the likes of the best combat heavy action games.

Damn, the 3rd world is as small as everyone said it was - like 90 percent of it is empty traversal space.
Glad there's that stint on Earth to balance things out
. Am I right in assuming the 4th world will be even smaller?

So you found Earth enjoyable? That's....I don't know what to say.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Managed to kill all the Bloodless. (Fucking dungeon hidden behind another dungeon, wtf.)

What do I get for that? Shitty Legendary Scythes! YAY!

IT'S AN EXCLUSIVE PRE-ORDER BONUS, BTW!

Also, Wii U Boxart.

Same as all the others.

OXkfJ.jpg

JohngPR

So I'm at Drenchfort and there's a spot where there's supposed to be a statue holding a ball...except there was no ball.

I tried blowing up the statue and nothing. I went to the beginning of the entrance and came back and now the statue is gone. Am I fucked or what?

I'm a good 4 hours in...I really don't feel like starting over. :(

Anyone?

:(

Hurgh. Ran in to a glitch where a lantern would not attach to a statue. Thought it must have been my fault and spent 40 minutes in the room trying to figure out what to do (there were enough malleable parts of the room that it could have been anything). Left the dungeon, came back, and it worked that time.

The real problem is that, whenever I discover I can't solve a room now, I am not going to know whether it glitched or whether I haven't figured it out yet. That's going to hurt my enjoyment of the game a lot.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hurgh. Ran in to a glitch where a lantern would not attach to a statue. Thought it must have been my fault and spent 40 minutes in the room trying to figure out what to do (there were enough malleable parts of the room that it could have been anything). Left the dungeon, came back, and it worked that time.

The real problem is that, whenever I discover I can't solve a room now, I am not going to know whether it glitched or whether I haven't figured it out yet. That's going to hurt my enjoyment of the game a lot.

That happened to you too? Same thing happened to me as well. Was it in the first Dead Lord's dungeon, by any chance?

Dahbomb

This has happened to me so many times. Usually when I can't figure out a puzzle instantly somewhere in the back of my mind I thought "what if its a glitch".

Also the lantern only attaches right at the part of the statue with the hand sticking out.

Help I just finished the crucible and that thing happened that says The End. Now I am climbing it and its glitched at the part with branches, it doesnt change walls. If I leave the crucible does this thing stay?

Rank 188, 43 minutes BTW

Ricker

I was stuck in a dungeon on a small puzzle then I remembered something from Darksider 1 and it worked lol...I thought it was a nice little touch.

Something like that happened to me, but the thing was that I found the ball on the ground already instead of the statue holding the ball.

Weird because I founded the explosive plant useless (because there was nothing around to use it for, since the ball was already on the ground) but now that you mention your bug I know mine was a bug too.

Still, I hope that it isn't a grame breaking bug for you!

Good luck dude!

Ok I managed to out glitch the glitch and got to fight
wicked K
. Killed him got the last of my achievements and the BFA achievement does not unlock. So now I dont have 1000G. WTF.

Archpath1

i really wish there was like a tracer or mark on the map for the stones you've collected
i'm going all over the place searching for some that i've been too already. hah

NekoFever

Out of curiosity, how far in am I when I've beaten the
Gilded Arena
? I've just passed the time it took me to finish the first game, so it'll make an interesting comparison.

i really wish there was like a tracer or mark on the map for the stones you've collected
i'm going all over the place searching for some that i've been too already. hah

They should definitely patch in a feature to reveal stones, Book of the Dead pages, and relics on the map. Maybe make it NG+ only. Fury's Embrace was great in DS1, really surprised there isn't something like it in this one.

Dahbomb

Finally got to world 3. How long will it take to complete?
3-4 hours round about.

They should definitely patch in a feature to reveal stones, Book of the Dead pages, and relics on the map. Maybe make it NG+ only. Fury's Embrace was great in DS1, really surprised there isn't something like it in this one.
You have to collect them again in NG+ which allows you to add more stats to your character. But I 100% agree that they need something like Fury's Embrace in this game, it needs it more than DS1.

Out of curiosity, how far in am I when I've beaten the
Gilded Arena
? I've just passed the time it took me to finish the first game, so it'll make an interesting comparison.
Half way point I would say unless you start doing side quests or trying to find all the collectibles.

Dahbomb will be here shortly to explain in greater detail, but for the time being....

I've noticed this as well. Sometimes, Death can get "stunned" by certain attacks, so evade doesn't work during that period. However, there are other times when i'm almost convinced it is just my controller playing up. I've ordered a new wired one to see if i still have the issue.

The dash/evade is SUPER responsive but you have to first understand when you can evade and when you can't. Moves can only be canceled to the dodge at specific frames. Further more some states prevent you from dodging until recovered like being parried by an enemy or the 3rd dodge which can only be canceled by Wrath specific moves.

Most enemies attacks home in on your location meaning if you dodged too early you will get hit. Best way to dodge is do it when the attack is about to hit you, when you are in focus mode and when you are close to the opponent (excluding wide area of effect moves).

The Thane boss fight early on was a great idea because it teaches you how to dodge right. You should not get hit at all.

Okay, thanks guys. It's nice to have confirmation that my controller is fine.

as it happens, I nearly managed a perfect against Thane but I got cocky and ate a pretty vicious side swipe. Humbled me right up.

neoism

Darksiders PC owners,

Your feedback is incredibly important to us, so we have been working around the clock to address issues that some of you have been having, as well as adding features you have requested. The team is prioritizing finding solutions to these issues.

We are working on fixes for a number of bugs which can potentially block progression that have come to our attention, while also exploring adding additional features you have been asking for. This work includes vsync updates, improved shadow map resolution, X-axis options and additional keyboard mapping options (amongst other community requests). We hope to roll out a number of patches to address these issues in the weeks to come.

Keep your eyes peeled on Darksiders.com for updates on patch timing and content.

The Vigil Team

fucking awesome.... :O

JohngPR

Something like that happened to me, but the thing was that I found the ball on the ground already instead of the statue holding the ball.

Weird because I founded the explosive plant useless (because there was nothing around to use it for, since the ball was already on the ground) but now that you mention your bug I know mine was a bug too.

Still, I hope that it isn't a grame breaking bug for you!

Good luck dude!

Thanks, but I think I'm screwed until they patch it...and that's if they are able to fix it where it I could continue my save...if not I'll have to restart.

I even tried going to another area and exiting the game and then booting up my save and revisiting Drenchfort again but the statue is still missing.

EekTheKat

Well, honeymoon is over. This game is a fairly buggy experience
I got hit with the Soul Arbitor book bug. Workaround didn't work and can't progress past that area

it's a known problem and supposedly there is a patch coming, but think I'm going to have to wait until it drops to pick up my game again.

intersting note : there seems to be a fairly aggressive texture filtering issue on PS3, where you can see a line drawn in the ground that shimmers and follows you as you run around the world.

it's an old texture filtering method I think(looks bilinear), I use to see it in a lot of older games. Interestiing to note that this doesn't seem to happen later on in the game, or isn't as noticeable later on due to different artwork/textures, giving me the impression that the game was further pushed out the door before it was ready.

aristotle

Experienced my first game breaking bug. The first one of this generation. Fuck this game.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME

And no it's not puzzle related. Karn refused to pick up the second piece of the heart so now he's stuck in a pressure plate room and he won't move because he follows me. Worthless piece of crap game man and I've never said that about any other game, like ever.

STAY AWAY!

I had a sweet glitch where a boss just inexplicably died after I hit him twice.

But then the subsequent boss just floated around as an intangible ghost until I reset the game.

Also, the game froze three times while I was doing that part everyone hates.

Good to see Vigil used the delay to really polish the game up.

Experienced my first gmae breaking bug. The first one of this generation. Fuck this game.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME

And no it's not puzzle related. Karn refused to pick up the second piece of the heart so now he's stuck in a pressure plate room and he won't move because he follows me. Worthless piece of crap game man and I've never said that about any other game, like ever.

STAY AWAY!

Hey! GUESS WHAT?! Turn the game off and turn it back on. Your problem is now fixed.

Don't be a melodramatic and instead try to troubleshoot things instead of just giving up.

Anybody reading his post should ignore it. I can't state with certainty, but I think every single bug encountered has had some kind of workaround. Its a great game and should be experienced.

BY2K

Membero Americo
That goddamn freeze when you try to read the book at the Soul Arbiter's Maze happens WAY too often. Like, 75% of the time, it happens.

I give the game a lot of freebies because I love it, but this is freaking unacceptable.

Top Bottom