• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Dahbomb

Wait, don't tell me level 30 is the max level. My XP bar seems to have stopped filling up. I wanted to go all the way and completely fill my skill tree. :(
30 is max. I THINK you can fill out one side of the skill tree but you probably have to do the DLC/preorder side quests as well.

KevinCow

Banned
30 is max. I THINK you can fill out one side of the skill tree but you probably have to do the DLC/preorder side quests as well.

Man. I only need 4 more to fully fill up the Harbinger half. Like I don't even really use spells that much. I just want to know that all 48 little circles on the left half of that screen have been filled. But I don't think there are enough skill points left in the game to do that. :(

*raises hand tenatively*

It was a nice change of pace. Atmosphere was cool and the music was great. Without it, the whole
Lostlight
sequence would be even more measly than it already was.

I liked
Earth
as well. The
grenade launcher
was DOPE. I got super excited when the game took that route, I don't know why more people wanted something that was just like the rest of the game.

Dahbomb

Man. I only need 4 more to fully fill up the Harbinger half. Like I don't even really use spells that much. I just want to know that all 48 little circles on the left half of that screen have been filled. But I don't think there are enough skill points left in the game to do that. :(
If you want to do it badly you can get the extra DLC which award you skill points for completing (some do, not all). Also the last "ultimate" spell for Harbringer is garbage anyway.

forrest

formerly nacire
Had the game booted and looked at steam and saw it needed updating. Saved and closed out. Downloading the pc patch right now. Also, now that I've completed my new game + playthrough 100% I'm going to post up my current endgame weapons. I'll just add them to this post.

This is how many skill points you'll have after getting 100% on your first playthrough and your NewGame+ playthrough. This is without any DLC.

skills3tz8i.jpg

These are my end game scythes. I used Ice damage for awhile, but with scythes being one of the only places to get Execution Chance, I prefer to keep that stat on them.

scythes20a33.jpg

These are my end game gauntlets. Many people have asked how to get your Health Steal and Wrath Steal to such a high value and I honestly don't know just yet. I wasn't able to get it as high on the larger secondary items such as hammers, axes, etc. but this is also the first weapon I fed multiple fully upgraded possessed weapons to that had Health and Wrath steal on them. I'm still in the process of building a nice larger weapon, so I'll chime in if that has an affect on it.

gauntletsbmb2b.jpg

forrest

formerly nacire
What are those horns in the second image?

Part of the graphic for the Abyssal Armor Shoulder piece. It's an addition that I'm still a bit unsure of. At times I like it, at others I'm just not sure. :p

I would have preferred a grim reaper cowl instead.

From the pc update! Still smh at this one! :p

heylookatthisymoo3.jpg

neoism

lol vsync on an it still was tearing like a mother fucker... but finally I got the FXAA injector working with triple buffering and vsync on CCC it looks amazing now.. Don't have to use D3overdriver anymore...

jett

D-Member
Part of the graphic for the Abyssal Armor Shoulder piece. It's an addition that I'm still a bit unsure of. At times I like it, at others I'm just not sure. :p

I would have preferred a grim reaper cowl instead.

From the pc update! Still smh at this one! :p

heylookatthisymoo3.jpg

Haha that's just hilarious how they didn't bother actually changing the button input.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Why the hell would you even need 95% health steal?

At 15% I already feel invincible. Only being 1-2 shotted can kill me.

neoism

starting new game plus on apoc... The FXAA injector looks amazing loving it...

Is there a way to rename possessed weapons on PC.....

forrest

formerly nacire
Haha that's just hilarious how they didn't bother actually changing the button input.
Yeah I thought the same thing man. It just seems like altering the input would have been easier than swapping the UI art out on the map, but who knows! :p

starting new game plus on apoc... The FXAA injector looks amazing loving it...

Is there a way to rename possessed weapons on PC.....
Nah, I imagine it will be in a future update. I should probably name my gauntlets LOL! and Wut?

Anyone on steam interested in something with Health Steal or Wrath Steal on it? The last achievement I need is to share something and I have a few things I could easily let go of. I have a lvl 30 possessed axe with crit chance, crit dmg, resist and wrath steal and a lvl 30 purple axe with health steal you could incorporate into your possessed weapons. That's the good thing about the stat, once you get it you can keep recycling it! First to reply with a name so I can send it can have them!

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I just made a 23% Health Steal weapon with 30% Crit Chance and Damage. I feel i can get those higher though. Back to the "lab" tomorrow.

1920x1080, 16x High Quality AF, 8xCSAA, Quality Ambient Occlusion, 2-Way GTX 680 SLI, 306.02 beta driver:

darksiders22012-08-273jumi.png

Sadly, the shadow maps look terrible, so I think I'll hold off progressing any further until the promised patch is released, which they claim will fix that ugly slight on an otherwise great looking game (with Nvidia's tweaks enabled that is... the art was always good, but yea, looked like the dog's dinner without AA).

for some reason my nvidia control panel is saying that ambient occlusion is not supported for this application.

any reason why that may be?

Game was great.
Definitely more depth than DS1 and Death is a total badass.
I didn't bother with NG+, not enough there to keep my interest.

Some minor gripes:
- main dungeons can get repetitive
- last boss is a bit generic
- story just kind of ended instead of giving you some satisfaction
- gun is almost useless
- lots of NPCs introduced without much of a role

Overall a decent game. 8/10 as far as all games go, and a solid 9/10 as far as games I've played in the last 1-2 years. I think a lot of the novelty was lost after DS1, but the puzzles, fighting, and design are fantastic and this is definitely a memorable title.

Cheers :)

Necrovex

Game looks and feels better (no screentearing makes my enjoyment for this game so much greater) after I experimented with the Nvidia controls. Time to play this beauty!

My one major issue is the awkward feeling I have when I am activating one of my special moves while using a gamepad. Locking onto an opponent and hitting the left bumper to use my special move is pretty damn awkward.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Started playing this today.

I love it so far, only complaint I have is I just got the gun, and there's so many damn buttons to press for a fast action game. I feel like they could've done something to consolidate some of the actions. DMC does so much with just the lock-on button.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So can I finish the final boss, continue on playthrough 1 to get all the collectible stuff and then later start new game+ on that save?

I kinda wanna just wrap up the game and worry about the collectibles later.

So can I finish the final boss, continue on playthrough 1 to get all the collectible stuff and then later start new game+ on that save?

I kinda wanna just wrap up the game and worry about the collectibles later.
From what I've heard, the game doesn't save after the final boss unless you actually start NG+ so you should be fine.

Yeah I thought the same thing man. It just seems like altering the input would have been easier than swapping the UI art out on the map, but who knows! :p

Nah, I imagine it will be in a future update. I should probably name my gauntlets LOL! and Wut?

Anyone on steam interested in something with Health Steal or Wrath Steal on it? The last achievement I need is to share something and I have a few things I could easily let go of. I have a lvl 30 possessed axe with crit chance, crit dmg, resist and wrath steal and a lvl 30 purple axe with health steal you could incorporate into your possessed weapons. That's the good thing about the stat, once you get it you can keep recycling it! First to reply with a name so I can send it can have them!

I'll take it for sure! I could really use health steal for the crucible. Thanks!

Alastor

I see all this overepowered weapons and I wonder: is there a even a challenge? Does the game promotes a varied combat, like DMC? Can you play on hard from the start and does it help?

forrest

formerly nacire
Well it's a known problem that some people can't send mail to other users and the error is that said users don't have save data for the game. :(

I see all this overepowered weapons and I wonder: is there a even a challenge? Does the game promotes a varied combat, like DMC? Can you play on hard from the start and does it help?

Start on hard and yes there is a challenge at times. Once you start making possessed weapons with health/wrath steal the challenge becomes pretty nonexistent though. I can play and try to be fancy without much worry however.

jett

D-Member

The RPG and weapon crafting elements of the game eventually eliminate any sort of challenge in the game, unfortunately.

Top Bottom