• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I really like the game, but having a scythe with Health and Wrath steal just brakes the game, on New Game+ I'm going with the arcane abilities and everything is a cakewalk, even the crucible.

Does anyone want some possessed weapons, I've got no friends on Steam that have Darksiders 2 so if anyone wants some free weapons just send me an invite, steam name is the same as my username here.

I'd love a weapon with health/wraith steal to make an apocalypse run cakewalk. Sent you a friend request.

IHaveIce

Banned
I really like the game, but having a scythe with Health and Wrath steal just brakes the game, on New Game+ I'm going with the arcane abilities and everything is a cakewalk, even the crucible.

Does anyone want some possessed weapons, I've got no friends on Steam that have Darksiders 2 so if anyone wants some free weapons just send me an invite, steam name is the same as my username here.

damn, I need some weapons like this for the crucible, but I am on the Xbox.

If anyone wants to give me some good weapons ( life steal or massive crit weapons, I'm more a Harbinger), I will glady aprecciate it.

GT is Dedoubleyou

JohngPR

That happened to me but only if you're using Big Picture Mode. I don't know if it is a Steam issue (which probably is as it is in Beta) or a DS2 issue.

Try it out!

The first time its ever happened to me was when I started using big picture mode so I'm willing to bet that's what it is. I'll keep that in mind next time I play. Thanks!

Ricker

Grrrrrrr...the Citadel puzzles with the golden spheres and blue portal opening and closing while using Soul Splitter etc etc are driving me nuts...time for a break....

God, the loot drops are frustrating the FUCK out of me. I just want to get a weapon with health steal and I haven't come across ONE the entire time I've been playing this shit.

Anybody have any health steal scythes they'd want to dupe and send to me on the 360?

Dahbomb

Soul Arbiter 5th secret mission gives the Black Demise which is a health steal scythe. Other than that health steal items drop after lvl20 more frequently.

Ambitious

I've got both keys to the
Well of Souls
, which I assume is the point of no return. I'd like to do the crucible first, but to unlock the last 25 waves I first need to reach level 25. I'm still at 21, what's the best way to do this?

Salsa

who the fuck thought getting the god awful turret/gun section of the first game, bring it to this one, and making it LONGER was a good idea? because god fucking dammit

brought the whole game down for me, big time

otherwise enjoyed it, but not blown away by it. I really need for them to move the story forward

Ambitious

I've got both keys to the
Well of Souls
, which I assume is the point of no return. I'd like to do the crucible first, but to unlock the last 25 waves I first need to reach level 25. I'm still at 21, what's the best way to do this?

Just read that there's a level cap which makes it impossible to reach level 25 on the first playthrough. Awesome. No way I'm gonna play this game again.

If someone has a Health and Wrath Steal Scythe, please send it to me, and also I want to get the send a gift to a friend achievement... thank you before hand

my steam ID: Leon Belmont

IHaveIce

Banned
who the fuck thought getting the god awful turret/gun section of the first game, bring it to this one, and making it LONGER was a good idea? because god fucking dammit

brought the whole game down for me, big time

otherwise enjoyed it, but not blown away by it. I really need for them to move the story forward

and it is in the dlc too yaaay.

Is Argul'S tomb already online?

Ricker

and it is in the dlc too yaaay.

Is Argul'S tomb already online?

Didn't see it this morning on the 360...

Completly lost at the end of the Citadel in Act 3...I cleansed every black goo blocking paths and portals and all but now I don't know where to go,the Bird doesn't point me to anything,even with the pretty good FAQ over at Gamefaqs,I don't understand his last 2 paragraphs on what to do or go...

forrest

formerly nacire
Didn't see it this morning on the 360...

Completly lost at the end of the Citadel in Act 3...I cleansed every black goo blocking paths and portals and all but now I don't know where to go,the Bird doesn't point me to anything,even with the pretty good FAQ over at Gamefaqs,I don't understand his last 2 paragraphs on what to do or go...

Well if you've cleansed everything, then you need to go back to the main room in the citadel where the huge statue is. The door at the bottom will now be accessible.

I was hoping the DLC would drop today, but I guess not.

Ricker

Well if you've cleansed everything, then you need to go back to the main room in the citadel where the huge statue is. The door at the bottom will now be accessible.

I was hoping the DLC would drop today, but I guess not.

Yeah,found it after a while...man the ennemies in the Black Stone are kinda hard compared to the rest of the game so far...

Do you guys know where I can find some possessed scythes? Or is it completely random?

And I think I found my first Schyte in Phariseer,not sure if it's completly random or not though...around level 15,you should start finding some possessed stuff...

I was hoping it wouldn't happen, but I now understand the backlash against this game. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a solid experience for the most part, but it could have really gone about 5 hours less. The story is wonky, understandable as it is presented, but still very wonky. You're supposed to "become Death", but I've never felt like anything other than some happy-go-lucky task doer. I have no problem with side quests, but the main story beats should have been implemented in some more convincing way, an "all powerful horseman of the apocalypse" should never be just sent away, character after character, on mindless duties.

I enjoyed Darksiders 1 for making me feel like a real bad ass, a no nonsense, getting-this-done genuine ass spanker. D2 just, at every turn, leaves me feeling like a relatively powerless job hunter, which is the exact opposite of how this protagonist should be. A lot of this unfortunately comes from, and I hate complaining about these kind of things but it has grated against me from the start, the voice acting for Death. War didn't mince words and play around, Death has a silly accent and is constantly getting talked down to and cracking jokes. Maybe my vision of the universe they're trying to build was a little more dark, but they did a hell of a job taking it to an unnecessarily silly level.

The combat is solid and the platforming is fun as hell, if relatively simple, but everything surrounding that is just too silly and formulaic in the bad "quests for the sake of quests" kind of way. That doesn't have to be bad, but at least make the character and quests fit. Darksiders 2 just doesn't accomplish that, unfortunately, which is why you won't see it on any end-of-year lists of mine.

Oh my god I've been trying to do this one puzzle in the
Psychameron with the three switches for like, half an hour. I know what I have to do but my dead lords keep getting stuck or flat out refuse to go trip the switches
. Infuriating. I've lost track of how many times I've had to quit and restart and Im still not past it yet.

Edit: I give up. I think I've tried like 20 times. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them otherwise this game is getting traded in today.

I think I've done something really stupid. I'm about 11 hours in and got access to the
crucible
i warped out of there andd it took me straight to the
tree of life
and I was then pushed straight into and a cutscene and taken
I think to a new realm
but I was so pissed off cause I wanted to go fight gorwood first. So in my anger I thought I'll just delete the saves and boot up my PS+ save from last night and I will have only lost about 30 minutes. I've done that and now I can see the saves in the cloud from last night but I can't access them!!!

Please tell me I can retreave my saves from the cloud cause I don't think I can face going through the 11 hours again even though I'm loving the game. Thanks

Ricker

Oh my god I've been trying to do this one puzzle in the
Psychameron with the three switches for like, half an hour. I know what I have to do but my dead lords keep getting stuck or flat out refuse to go trip the switches
. Infuriating. I've lost track of how many times I've had to quit and restart and Im still not past it yet.

Edit: I give up. I think I've tried like 20 times. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them otherwise this game is getting traded in today.

Try and explain where you are a bit more,I think I know where but not exactly....I really did not have any problems with puzzles until the last 2 Acts...also the first FAQ on Gamefaqs is pretty good in explaining those puzzles that need the Soul Splitter.

Try and explain where you are a bit more,I think I know where but not exactly....I really did not have any problems with puzzles until the last 2 Acts...also the first FAQ on Gamefaqs is pretty good in explaining those puzzles that need the Soul Splitter.
I know how to do the puzzle, it's a glitch.

I'm on one edge of a gap, on the other side are three pull switches. The only way to get by is to send over a dead lord to pull the switches in the correct order. I know the correct order. The issue is the dead lords either stop going over to the other side or get stuck, every time.

Nemesis_

Just a quick question.

I know that there are three different
realms or whatever to visit

If I don't complete the side quests for, say, the first, will there be no opportunity to do so as I progress through the story?

I took a (shitty offscreen) video of my one last stab at the puzzle after fast traveling out of that dungeon, then fast traveling back and starting at the beginning. It may be hard to make out but the guy gets stuck on the right side after pulling the switch. On the rare occasion he doesn't get stuck, he comes back but I am still unable to select the last switch. This sucks. I probably tried 30 different times today. I guess that's the universe's way of saying I was not meant to finish this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUcYahZTBMI

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have I encountered a game-breaking bug? In the Psychameron, in the room with the Skeleton Key chest, there are three switches you have to send the Dead Lords to use in a certain order. I used the middle one and it seems to have gotten stuck, as sending a Lord to pull it again just causes him to stay up there, the other two switches don't trigger the enemies as they should (I'm aware of the correct order), and when a Lord returns from having used either one of the said other two switches, it's not possible to highlight any of them again, even after summoning the Lords again. I've tried fast traveling in and out of the area, exiting back to the main menu, and restarting the game proper, all to no avail.

Edit: Never mind, after reloading the save for the umpteenth time, the switches reset themselves. According to the official DS2 forums, Vigil has been aware of this bug for a month. The fact it hasn't been patched, at least on the PC, is inexcusable.

Edit 2: Bloody hell, the switches are broken again. And I just realised Neuro is having the same issue. :p

Edit 3: I reloaded my save and accidentally did the the left switch first, which caused the gate to come down all the way but the pillar was still high in the air. I reloaded my save again and this time the gate was completely down and the chest was at floor level. I'm glad that's over with.

Fucking bizarre. I'll give it one more try before I trade it in at Best Buy. I can get $40 for it which, for a broken game I barely enjoyed at the best of times, seems fairly reasonable.

Ricker

Just finished the game...close to 40 hours,just a few sidequests left,like I have to go and try and kill the Deposed King,didn't find all of Oran's stuff,etc etc but overall,awesome, incredible,and gorgeous game,really really hoping there is a Darksiders III....loved it.

JaseC

Fucking bizarre. I'll give it one more try before I trade it in at Best Buy. I can get $40 for it which, for a broken game I barely enjoyed at the best of times, seems fairly reasonable.

If it helps at all, my ridiculous bypassing of the bug came about by attempting to follow this tip. As it says, you need all three switches to reset if you hope to progress; in my case, the middle switch was stuck, so I just repeatedly (no more than a handful of times) reloaded my save and sent a Lord over to the right-hand switch, until they finally reset.

If it helps at all, my ridiculous bypassing of the bug came about by attempting to follow this tip. As it says, you need all three switches to reset if you hope to progress; in my case, the middle switch was stuck, so I just repeatedly (no more than a handful of times) reloaded my save and sent a Lord over to the right-hand switch, until they finally reset.
Holy shit this game is jacked up. I finally got past it thanks to your advice. Somehow I was able to reset the switches, save, then pull the one on the left. The gate in front of the chest lowered but it was still up on the pillar, too high to get to. So I saved, quit and reloaded and is if by magic the chest was on the ground. Thanks man.

Vigil, you guys need to step up your QA game.

Ramirez

I just did the Earth section today and was expecting the worst going by comments. Total hyperbole as usual...wasn't bad at all. I actually enjoyed it once I got the grenade launcher type weapon, heh.

I think I have 2 areas left before I beat the game, and unless it completely falls apart, this is better than the first for me, been an awesome game.

Ricker

I just did the Earth section today and was expecting the worst going by comments. Total hyperbole as usual...wasn't bad at all. I actually enjoyed it once I got the grenade launcher type weapon, heh.

I think I have 2 areas left before I beat the game, and unless it completely falls apart, this is better than the first for me, been an awesome game.

It wont fall apart,the last Act,after Earth, and the dungeon after are awesome...I finished the game at level 21...the last Boss is a little easy though(playing on normal),I had more problems with the after Earth guy then him(trying not to spoil anything).

JaseC

Holy shit this game is jacked up. I finally got past it thanks to your advice. Somehow I was able to reset the switches, save, then pull the one on the left. The gate in front of the chest lowered but it was still up on the pillar, too high to get to. So I saved, quit and reloaded and is if by magic the chest was on the ground. Thanks man.

Vigil, you guys need to step up your QA game.

Glad to hear it. :)

tragic

Developer
can you already say if you are happy with the sale numbers?

I really liked the game, except the ending, and it would be shame if we get noe third game :(

Glad you had fun.

As for sales numbers, I don't even know any of that info! I'd definitely love to work on another game in the series. =)

Top Bottom