• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

malfcn

So Day 30, 60 and 90 aren't as advertised :(

Hope the DLC drops with another patch that fixes stuff.
The traversal system felt off to me. Death can't quick climb like War. Also, the lack of sideways jumps felt weak. Also, the wall run sometimes fails of you don't have just the right angle. And, it is sometimes silly to see Death run up a wall and hang in the air over the wall, and then slide down instead of climbing over (just because it didn't have a grip).

In the dungeon that I had a game breaking progression bug, I had numerous problems. One part has you traverse some lava with sinking sections. Utterly annoying. The death grip wouldn't grip. Sometimes I would be holding up, and Death would side run off the wall. One part you have to drop from one rail to one below, and Death wouldn't garb it and just fall to his death. One time I even jumped onto the ground and just died for no reason.

For the most part the game is pretty good. But some parts just feel jank and or boring. I am having a bit more fun with NG+ however.

Dear God, the Earth section is so bad. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

I don't want to play anymore but I'm so close to the finish line I might as well...

Ricker

Dear God, the Earth section is so bad. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

I don't want to play anymore but I'm so close to the finish line I might as well...

Yeah it was a letdown for me also but I sort of got use to it and managed through it...totally worth it for what follows though,hang in there ;) :p

Natiko

Banned
Finally got around to finishing this just now. I really didn't like it as much as the first game. Some of the new systems they added work well, but the pacing felt off and the game overall felt far too bloated. Also the ending was pretty terrible. Still a decent game overall, just not as satisfying as the first. Hopefully we a sequel that lands somewhere between the first and second overall as far as structure is concerned.

malfcn

Argul's wasn't too bad. Just don't pick up the Gun and you can just slice your way through it. The light puzzle wasn't really that bad. It could be complete in about 1.5-2 hours.

It felt ripped out of the story though. You magically have the Voidwalker, and Argul seems new to you.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Argul's wasn't too bad. Just don't pick up the Gun and you can just slice your way through it. The light puzzle wasn't really that bad. It could be complete in about 1.5-2 hours.

It felt ripped out of the story though. You magically have the Voidwalker, and Argul seems new to you.
So I just start the second world - would that be a good fit to start Argul's Tomb?

Ricker

I got the code in my email, PS3 version, but does not work. :/ For Arguls Tomb DLC.

What does it say?? just got mine for the 360 and it worked fine,got the 500 MB or so download after I redeemed the code on the 360...havent tried in game yet though...you need to go to one of the Serpent's Tome...

RPGCrazied

What does it say?? just got mine for the 360 and it worked fine,got the 500 MB or so download after I redeemed the code on the 360...havent tried in game yet though...you need to go to one of the Serpent's Tome...

Argul’s Tomb is now available to download for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Explore two new dungeons and battle new epic bosses as you help Ostegoth explore these frozen ruins in search of legendary treasure.

Your Code Is:

"blah blah"(my code is here, not listing that)

Thank You for playing Darksiders II

To redeem the above token on your chosen platform:

1. Download the DLC weapon or armor via the marketplace for the
platform you have chosen.
2. Load your copy of Darksiders II and find any of the five
Dragon Tome locations.
3. Select the Offline Inbox within the Dragon Tome.
4. Select Take All to move the DLC items from your inbox to your
inventory.

This message is intended for from THQ Inc., 29903 Agoura
Road, Agoura Hills, CA 91301. If you'd prefer not to receive
email like this from THQ in the future, please unsubscribe.

Your privacy is important to us. Please review THQ's Privacy
Policy and Terms of Use.

© 2012 THQ Inc. THQ and their respective logos are trademarks
and/or registered trademarks of THQ Inc. All rights reserved. All
other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their
respective owners.

Course I can't seem to search for it at the store either, maybe not up yet?

The error I get, the code my already be used or invalid.

Ricker

I'm getting the same issue. I'm guessing it's not actually available on the store yet, so maybe we're stuck until Tuesday?

Well on the 360,it's not on the Marketplace per say either but as soon as I entered the code,the usual download window appeared and I could start the download...maybe on PS3 it's different...

Ricker

Does Arguls tomb come with achievements?

Well I havent finished it yet but I did the sidequest if you want ,a path you can take before going in the actual Dungeon and there was something pretty big at the end...if there was ever going to be some small achievement for the DLC,I think that would of been one...so not sure but it doesnt look like there's any...

Just DLed Argul's Tomb. Where do I find the new dungeons? I just want to play through them with my endgame character. Not really worried about difficulty.

Ricker

Not sure I am on the 360...completly stomped now in the Frigid Spire,in the room with the 2 voids on the floor...I managed to
get the block up to the higher platform so I could reach the switch that unlocked the gates below,where I picked up the green lantern but now I don't know how to get out of there...
,I haven't seen a FAQ anywhere yet for Argul's...

RPG

I have to try again, is it up on PS3 yet?

Just got this email:

Over the weekend you received your Argul’s Tomb token via E-mail as you redeemed your Argul’s Tomb pass at Darksiders.com/tomb. The token you received will be redeemable when the content goes live on September 25th. We are sending out tokens as quickly as we can to everyone who redeemed, to get you access to Argul’s Tomb the moment it goes live.

On September 25th please follow these steps to redeem your Argul’s Tomb DLC.

1. Take the token you have received via e-mail and head to your platforms marketplace or store.
2. Input the token and download and install the Argul's Tomb content.
3. Launch Darksiders II and navigate to the games main menu.
4. Select Downloadable Content from the Main Menu.
5. Select Choose Campaign.
6. Select Argul’s Tomb.

Ricker

Just finished Argul Tomb DLC and I can confirm that on the 360,there is no extra achievements for it...it was pretty good though,the weapon you get similar to the Earth section is much better,making that little segment more fun...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Argul's Tomb is out on PC, just restart Steam and it should start downloading automatically

i1KiqxDCVQea1.png

iVdJrv3CyAba7.png

neoism

lol I was going to give my tomb dlc away here, but steam update with that patch and its already downloaded....guess I should play some more then lol

voltron

So whats the consensus on arguls tomb? Worth getting even without achievements? Its a big fun dungeon to explore that would justify the cost.

What about that Death Rides Pack DLC? Worth it for the price?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So whats the consensus on arguls tomb? Worth getting even without achievements? Its a big fun dungeon to explore that would justify the cost.

What about that Death Rides Pack DLC? Worth it for the price?
Argul's isn't worth 7$, but it was a decent enough side dungeon. I hope the later stuff is a bit more meaty.

Top Bottom