• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just checked the store page on Steam and it says the release date is the 20th. But the email I received from GMG said that I can start pre-loading from today. Hmm, really weird. Looks like I'll have to wait it out.

Yeah, I'd say the notification e-mail was sent out en masse by accident.

JaseC

I really don't think so. They likely automate their notification emails with NA steam pre-load dates, but their distribution of keys isn't as instantaneous. Just give it a few hours.

Optimism will only lead to disappointment. :p

Optimism will only lead to disappointment. :p

It's not really optimism. I just got the same email and I live in America. Our pre-load date is set for today, and I do not have a key from GMG yet. However, when I go into My Games and hover over DS2 I get the option of Downloading or View Key, where as my Borderlands 2 pre-order does not have View Key yet. I think their systems are a little slow is all.

Edit: Should clarify that when I click View Key it takes me to an empty key page.

JaseC

It's not really optimism. I just got the same email and I live in America. Our pre-load date is set for today, and I do not have a key from GMG yet. However, when I go into My Games and hover over DS2 I get the option of Downloading or View Key, where as my Borderlands 2 pre-order does not have View Key yet. I think their systems are a little slow is all.

Edit: Should clarify that when I click View Key it takes me to an empty key page.

Ah. You're the only person I've seen without a key and within a region with a release date of the 14th, haha.

Sentenza

I just want to take a moment to voice my anger against THQ and Vigil for the delayed release in Europe.

WHY? D:

I pre-ordered it after reading that pre-loading had begun and received my key on-screen immediately after checkout. Have you checked the Keys section of your account?

If my memory serves me correctly this has happened before actually with Risen II. People who made purchases after the moment they started releasing keys would receive a key straight away while people who had pre-ordered their copy quite a while earlier had to wait. I'm not sure if reason for this was ever supplied but it by the sounds of things it appears the issue hasn't been resolved.

JaseC

I just want to take a moment to voice my anger against THQ and Vigil for the delayed release in Europe.

WHY? D:

The Aussie release date is the 14th, surprisingly. Usually we get get slapped with the European release date, or a day either side of it.

If my memory serves me correctly this has happened before actually with Risen II. People who made purchases after the moment they started releasing keys would receive a key straight away while people who had pre-ordered their copy quite a while earlier had to wait. I'm not sure if reason for this was ever supplied but it by the sounds of things it appears the issue hasn't been resolved.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. But at least the game is still a few days from release and nobody is missing out just yet (unless ~5.5GB is going to take you a few days to download :p).

I don't know if this is relevant but I ordered tonight and received my key immediately. There's still plenty of time though.

PaulLFC

Got the GMG email too, just reminded me that we have to wait an extra week to play it compared to the US. Thanks, THQ.

The Aussie release date is the 14th, surprisingly. Usually we get get slapped with the European release date, or a day either side of it.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. But at least the game is still a few days from release and nobody is missing out just yet (unless ~5.5GB is going to take you a few days to download :p).

Yeah I'm not particularly stressed. I'm sure it will get sorted before launch, as was the case with Risen 2.

Nugg

Hey guys! I'm not sure if this has already been covered in this thread. I did the first Darksiders on Xbox, and I would like to play this one on PC. But I also would like the War themed bonus for having played the first one. Is there a way to manage that? Should I look for a save file or something?

For those who don't plan on buying hte game on the launch, you will 99.99% have the opportunity to play Darksiders II demo on OnLive from the moment it launches [US servers].

I dont think that they will delay the free demo [first 30 minutes of the game with no restrictions], Batman AC had demo instantly available to anyone.

Funny, I have darksiders 1 on my US account and I totally forgot about it. But this is great news thanks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hey guys! I'm not sure if this has already been covered in this thread. I did the first Darksiders on Xbox, and I would like to play this one on PC. But I also would like the War themed bonus for having played the first one. Is there a way to manage that? Should I look for a save file or something?

It goes by achievements sorry :(

I also have a dumb pre-order related question: I completed DS1 on Steam but don't currently have the game installed. Do I need to install it again (thank God it has Steam Cloud support) for it to recognize my save and give me whatever frivolous bonus?

Edit: Okay, it looked like I asked this question in the middle of a conversation about the same topic. So as long as I have certain achievements I'm good? Because not to brag but I have 58% of the Darksiders achievements...soft.

Its based on achievements, not saves. The only method is to find a cheap copy of Darksiders 1 (Theres a few deals floating about I believe, but none that I know of off the top of my head) and blitz through it.

Wow the game is out in retail in Hong Kong already, 360 version available everywhere, but I'm picking up the PS3 version which won't be out for another 2 or 3 hours (til 8 or 9PM HK time) since my Darksiders 1 save is on my PS3. Gonna be playing this TONIGHT!!!

Adnor

Banned
No, we will create dedicated spoiler thread when game is released [or pirated version comes and internet becomes overrun with spoilers].

Oh thank God, I don't want to spoil myself, but I'm weak.

Why the hell south america has to wait till the 20th to play? :(

DieH@rd

Banned
"Darksiders II Official Spoiler Thread - Book Of Revelations"?

fistpump.gif

Thy will shall be done.

ksdixon

Not really a fan of these style of games, but I have to say the story intrigues me. I may end-up gritting my way through the gameplay of DS1 in preparation for DS2. Same with that Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows.

gdt

Got my first email from GMG last night, haven't gotten another with the key yet though. And its not ready on "My Keys" page.

So waiting.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My colleague is playing it.

Bastard.

pa22word

I went through the THQ store and I'm a little worried at how....vague the confirmation email was. I am a little worried they use Digital River, as iirc Capcom uses them for their stuff and I've had nothing but trouble when it comes to orders from their website.

Anyone else who ordered through THQ's store mind helping to ease my qualms?

Top Bottom