• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Grohl breaks leg 1.5 songs into Foo Fighters concert, leaves stage for 15 min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreav

Banned
Then makes his glorious return to finish the concert.

HH5Rqkb.jpg

grohl_3340211b.jpg

This is now the Dave Grohl appreciation thread.

I don't know how some people hate on this guy. Even if you don't like his bands his dedication and passion for music and positive attitude make him endlessly likable.

Aegus

Says he broke it 1.5 songs into the concert and only came back to finish one song.

As awesome as he is for even coming back I'd still be asking for a refund!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Wtf?! How did he break it? :(

<3 him. My favorite artist in the world. Seen the Foos live many times. Epic shows.

gdt

That's boss.

Unrelated, but there's a great story that popped up a few weeks ago about Ian McKaye of Minor Threat/Fugazi finding a note Dave wrote to him as a kid. Thats amazing too.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What a legend.

I don't know how some people hate on this guy. Even if you don't like his bands his dedication and passion for music and positive attitude make him endlessly likable.

Yup. I'm not a fan of the FF past Colour & The Shape, but Grohl will always be a dude. A massively talented dude.

AlphaSnake

I think the Foo Fighters have been spinning their wheels creatively for a while now but you can't deny Grohl's dedication and passion for his craft. Plus, he always seems like a genuinely nice and honest dude. He's a pretty great role model for kids who want to be rock stars.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I love Dave Grohl.

I'm indifferent to the Foo Fighters.

Pretty much how I feel. I've honestly tried to like Foo Fighters because of how cool Dave Grohl is but their music just isn't as good as their millions of fans think it is. Sorry, millions of fans. :-/

I don't hate him, but I don't agree with his stance that electronically/computer produced music is lesser than music produced with real instruments (I.e. computer music isn't real music).

I do like some of his songs and respect him for all he has accomplished, though his comments may have offended some pro-electronica extremists.

OT: that's gutsy.

AlphaSnake

Before I label it badass, how did he break it in the first place? Was it doing something stupid? PEACE.

He jumped off the stage, which he normally does to run down the center of the crowd divider. He doesn't even really jump, more of a careful slide down.

It's a freak accident.

Wreav

Banned
I'm learning to walk again
I believe I've waited long enough
Where do I begin?
I'm learning to talk again
Can't you see I've waited long enough?
Where do I begin?

BigDug13

I don't hate him, but I don't agree with his stance that electronically/computer produced music is lesser than music produced with real instruments (I.e. computer music isn't real music).

I do like some of his songs and respect him for all he has accomplished, though his comments may have offended some pro-electronica extremists.

Meh. Is it really a surprise to find elitism towards one's own style in the world of music? I wouldn't take so much offense with it since I'm sure elitism is widespread across all genres.

AlphaSnake

OT: that's gutsy.

I think that what he said was he doesn't consider EDM artists "musicians". Because they're not playing any instruments. Manipulating files and playing an instrument are two completely different things.

And I agree with him.

And I'm a HUGE fan of EDM music. They're great artists. But they're not musicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom