• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Grohl breaks leg 1.5 songs into Foo Fighters concert, leaves stage for 15 min

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
or hes just doing his job.

Shit happens to a lot of artists, but the smart ones continue on, because its their job to.

I think there's a fine line between doing your job and getting treated for a medical emergency when your bone snaps. He's not obligated to continue the performance, he's obligated to seek immediate health. Concert goers get refunds and/or make-up tickets for a future show instead.

I think there's a fine line between doing your job and getting treated for a medical emergency when your bone snaps. He's not obligated to continue the performance, he's obligated to seek immediate health. Concert goers get refunds and/or make-up tickets for a future show instead.
okay.

malfcn

That's dedication!

Sid from Slipknot broke both his heels at the beginning of the AHIG cycle. Finished the show, and kept touring in crutches, a wheel chair and just crawling around the stage.

No one in that audience would continue doing their job with a broken leg...

youre right, i would just put a gun to my head and pull the trigger

Or now

You guys make it seem like it's so unheard of.
He doesn't want to disappoint the fans, thus doing his fucking job

It's something you learn in audio engineering. You put all the bad shit going on in your life and do your job. For the band their clients are the fans, the fans paid to see them there, it's their job to show up, and play. Just like how it will be my job to work with the client mixing and recording their music. They paid to work with me, if I don't show up cause I broke my leg, I lose that client.

Not the same thing, but it reminds me of when the lead singer for Sevendust received a call just five minutes before a show to tell him his brother was murdered and still went out to perform the whole show.

Ezalc

Dave is awesome, I only started checking out the Foo Fighters recently but there's quite a few songs of theirs that I enjoy. It's a good band, I prefer their more upbeat songs rather than their slower ones.

Chinner

Banned
this reminds me of that time when lady gaga's heel broke and she fell over on stage. she then continued with her performance and popgaf hailed her as a true saint and professional who is dedicated to her fans.

but you know, this is kinda impressive.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)

Or now

It's something you learn in audio engineering. You put all the bad shit going on in your life and do your job. For the band their clients are the fans, the fans paid to see them there, it's their job to show up, and play. Just like how it will be my job to work with the client mixing and recording their music. They paid to work with me, if I don't show up cause I broke my leg, I lose that client.
No. Stop.

Tesseract

Banned
give the man 100% credit for having the gusto in tributating his devotees to a person that is an fucking artist like man who is walking through raindrops

fuck y'all. ~ lord toasty

RedShift

Crap, meant to be seeing them play at Glastonbury in a couple of weeks :(

Hope they figure something out, won't be the same though.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration

Or now

lmao

D

Deleted member 529084

Unconfirmed Member
I like Grohl...despise the Foo

They wouldnt be so bad if my local Alt/rock station didnt need to play one Foo song every hour..

ZoddGutts

Or now

okay

I had no idea this was in Sweden. My sister was there. He broke his leg and went off while the band ran some covers. Then came back on doing "Under Pressure", with a medic holding his leg fixed. Then took a short break, had the leg cast, and then returned to finish the show.

I don't care for the band but it's pretty cool of him.

DeSo

Banned
Not a big fan of his music but everything I've heard about him has been aces. Sounds like such a great dude.

I love Dave Grohl.

I'm indifferent to the Foo Fighters.

True, which is a shame, the dude is just so fucking awesome. Seeing him on the drums is downright epic.

Songs for the Deaf is his best work I think.

And 'My Hero' is incredible. But their last few albums have been way too safe and radio friendly.

Pretty much how I feel. I've honestly tried to like Foo Fighters because of how cool Dave Grohl is but their music just isn't as good as their millions of fans think it is. Sorry, millions of fans. :-/

Sorry you think your opinion is worth more than millions of their fans. Sorry! :-/

Pretty much how I feel. I've honestly tried to like Foo Fighters because of how cool Dave Grohl is but their music just isn't as good as their millions of fans think it is. Sorry, millions of fans. :-/

Sorry? Sorry for what? That you don' appreciate their music? You really don't have that influence on other people that it actually matters for us. :) But if it's the other way around and you're sorry for yourself, and not for us, then you have my sympathy.

Music can be a lot of different things, and Foo Fighters are really good at what they do. If you don't like, just move on and let us who do listen to it.

Paganmoon

Says he broke it 1.5 songs into the concert and only came back to finish one song.

As awesome as he is for even coming back I'd still be asking for a refund!

He finished the whole concert. Local newspaper that was at the concert to review it mentioned he came back for 4 songs, then went backstage again to get a full cast on, then back on crutches to sit and finish of the concert.

Not sure how long the set was as the don't say, but wasn't just back for 1 song.

Edit, ok, found more info:

Concert started at 8:50PM ended at 11:30PM with one 15 minute break right at the start and another one to get the cast one.

English text on Gothenburg's local newspaper:
http://www.gp.se/kulturnoje/1.2745402-english-version-dave-grohl-i-think-i-ve-broken-my-leg-

At the end of the show the famous singer praised the audience, saying "You could've said "Fuck this!" and gone home but you stayed here tonight. Thank you!"

The audience could've said fuck this and gone home? Fucker breaks his legs and thanks the audience for staying...

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Dave Grohl is an HIV denier

I Googled this and it seems to be a pretty old story. It would be nice if the band as a whole addressed it.

Well that was a rabbit hole I didn't know existed. I would think it is possible their opinion has changed with death of Maggiore and her daughter.

They dropped the whole thing publicly like a bad habit a few months after the whole ordeal. I think one of them even joked that rock stars shouldn't read medical journals, because they misunderstood what they read.

i give dave grohl credit for somehow convincing other people to declare him the last true rock star when hes written maybe 5 good songs his entire career

Lebron

Dave is a cool dude, impressive. Their music still is some heavy meh, with a side of eh though. Modern day legend? Give me a break lol

Dave is a cool dude, impressive. Their music still is some heavy meh, with a side of eh though. Modern day legend? Give me a break lol

Say what you will, but they are good at putting out more interesting rock than say, Nickleback. They may not be everyone's favourite, but they aren't bad at what they do, and Dave is at least a really cool guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom