• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Grohl breaks leg 1.5 songs into Foo Fighters concert, leaves stage for 15 min

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Grohl's great. I only really like Monkey Wrench from Foo Fighters, but he's cool.
He was the drummer on some (all?) of Queens of the Stone Age's Songs for the Deaf album, right?

BigDug13

Pretty much me. I liked the debut album, The Color and the Shape, and Wasting Light. Other than that, they are a singles band at best.

99% of rock bands out there would probably kill to have 3 great albums and a smattering of other hit singles. That doesn't really sound like mediocrity to me. Not every band can be something on the level of The Beatles.

Lothars

Pretty much me. I liked the debut album, The Color and the Shape, and Wasting Light. Other than that, they are a singles band at best.
But that would make you a fan, Anyway I am a big fan of David Grohl and I really like the Foo Fighters.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

dave-fresh-pots-o.gif

That's almost half their albums ;P

FRESH-POTS-300x282.jpg

Soma

Reminds me of when I randomly went to a Set Your Goals concert (i guess it was their last show before going on hiatus) and one of the singers broke his foot on the very first song.

Did the rest of their set like a champ but dude looked like he was about ready to pass out by the last song lol.

Kinsella

Banned
Axl Rose would have verbally attacked the crowd, detonated the stadium, and canceled the rest of the tour. Dave is soft.

He's the Hugh Jackman of musicians, just a great all-around dude and someone I wish the best for.

Of course, there is that "HIV doesn't cause AIDS" stain on his character. Does he still believe that?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
He's the Hugh Jackman of musicians, just a great all-around dude and someone I wish the best for.

Of course, there is that "HIV doesn't cause AIDS" stain on his character. Does he still believe that?

They dropped that within a few short months. So no.

I was there. And it was the best concert I've been too, Born out of a f*ck up, that he owned up, and tried to do the best out of.

Dave Grohl is a hero.

Xe4

Banned
Damn. What a good dude. I'm going to one of his concerts this summer and I'm pretty stoked.

for Gary Clark Jr. though.

Z_Y

Says he broke it 1.5 songs into the concert and only came back to finish one song.

As awesome as he is for even coming back I'd still be asking for a refund!

Easy for you to say...your leg has never been broken.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
But that would make you a fan, Anyway I am a big fan of David Grohl and I really like the Foo Fighters.

Eh...not really, at least I don't consider myself much of one. I saw them in 96 I think with the Amps and That Dog. I think that was during Pat Smear's 1st run with the band. It was decent but I've not had the desire to see them since.

By my count, Foo Fighters have 9 main release studio albums, of which I like 3 of them. To me, being a fan of a band means you at least want to see them play live, when they come out with a new album, you buy it or at least give it a few listens. Wasting Light was the first FF album I purchased in over a decade, so nope, I wouldn't consider myself a fan.

I'm not sure why my comment touched a nerve with some, I never said they sucked or I hated them. They are OK and sometime they can be good.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The hardest working man in the business, earning his name and reputation once again.

His only problem is he doesn't have enough fresh fuckin' pots.

graffix13

Seeing them in August for the 2nd time and to say they put on a hell of a show is an understatement.

If you get a chance, go see them live. You won't regret it.

Grohl is a beast.

I really appreciate what he's been doing to document various things, both Sound City and Sonic Highways were solid.

However, Sonic Highways led me to delve into Taylor Hawkins' other work like with the Coattail Riders and Birds of Satan. That right there is closer to what I like than the Foos (though I do like much of their stuff, but not like like it).

Also major props to him coming back and finishing the set.

-Eddman-

While I didn't like Sonic Highways that much, I loved their idea of recording the album different iconic studios. I find it funny that Dave is mostly associated with Grunge while his personality is the exact opposite of the introverted, reclusive, self-destructive grunge rockstar. He's like a cool uncle now.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Dave Grohl also did Probot, which was fucking epic. The man can do no wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom