• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Grohl breaks leg 1.5 songs into Foo Fighters concert, leaves stage for 15 min

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackattk

It is pretty awesome how they let people of the audience up on the stage to give them a once in a lifetime experience that they will never forget. A could imagine a lot of the music stars and other famous people have a superiority complex and they wouldn't dare let a common person steal their spotlight for a song.

Grohl really has to be one of the coolest, down to earth people out there.

It is pretty awesome how they let people of the audience up on the stage to give them a once in a lifetime experience that they will never forget. A could imagine a lot of the music stars and other famous people have a superiority complex and they wouldn't dare let a common person steal their spotlight for a song.

Another part of it is the legit fear of psychos/idiots going on stage and fucking shit up.

Dimebag Darrell is the most immediate one(killed by a psycho with a gun, along with a few others), and then what happened with Randy Blythe from Lamb of God in Czech Republic(kid staged dive off stage, fell on his head, died. Randy was in Czech prison for awhile and was found not guilty).

I just got finished reading Randy's book on his experiences with this, and a lot of bands have a "No people on stage at all" policy to prevent that kind of stuff.

But yeah Dave Grohl is awesome, wish I could've saw them at Yankee stadium recently.

Wreav

Banned
A gif of the jumbotron with Dave smiling like a madman while duder belts it out plz.

That was awesome

nL8MA1h.gif

Coins

Banned

Wes Borland will let people play guitar during Limp Bizkit concerts if you promise you know the parts. Lol. There's some cool videos of it happening on youtube.

Coins

Banned
It's crazy how if Nirvana hadn't ended, we probably would have never seen how much more Dave Grohl could offer as a musician. Grunge was a phase, but Foo Fighters make timeless rock music.

Tadaima

Grohl seems to be a very down-to-earth man who absolutely adores his fans.

About 5 years back, my brother had the chance to meet him one-to-one.

His girlfriend got him tickets through a Twitter raffle from one of the other band members. It allowed them a "back stage pass" to mingle with the press and invitees. When they tried to enter, they were denied by the doorman since they weren't on the list. However, by chance, the band member who raffled the tickets walked past. She recognised him and asked him to intervene so he did, and he asked them to follow him. He took them along a quiet corridor and into a dressing room, where none other than Dave Grohl was sitting, eating a ready-made salad from a plastic container. My brother and his girlfriend sat and chatted casually with him and the other band member for about 15 minutes in the dressing room as he finished his meal. He remembers it as one of the most bizarre and surreal moments of his life, and as something that will always stick with him.

Grohl is great.

Kinda sucks that he wasn't in Montage of Heck.

I wish it were more of him and less Courtney Love.

What a disgusting person she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom