• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Grohl breaks leg 1.5 songs into Foo Fighters concert, leaves stage for 15 min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accoun

Meh. Is it really a surprise to find elitism towards one's own style in the world of music? I wouldn't take so much offense with it since I'm sure elitism is widespread across all genres.

Interestingly, he was the drummer on With Teeth. While it might be one of their most "standard" albums, NiN still are pretty much a band that takes pride in recording digitally and taking advantage of it with sound design even if it starts with "normal" instruments.

Adamastor

I'm going to see them next month in Toronto... It'll be epic. Dave Grohl in a cast hopping around stage. How long does one have to wear a cast when you break your leg anyways?

I've loved Dave Grohl for a long time for just being a stand up guy and a monster drummer, but I have always loathed the Foo Fighters. So you must forgive me for chuckling at my friend's Facebook comment: "Dave Grohl continues to play even after it becomes objectively verifiable that he is literally lame."

In all seriousness though, that's a nasty break and I hope he recovers and can still slam on the drums. He still fills in on drums for various projects quite often and that would be a loss, to me, Foo Fighters aside.

bengraven

Dave is one of those people, those rare people, who are basically the perfect human beings.

If I had 1/10 of the honor that Dave had, I'd be three times the person.

RedShift

Foo Fighters cancel Glastonbury gig

OUjkOPl.jpg

MikeyH

Neo Member
Yeah, Wembley cancelled for me. A real shame.
Oh well, I hope Dave feels better soon too, must be painful! Plus, a full cast in the summer 😓

Yep i was due to go on Saturday. I'm absolutely gutted hopefully they'll schedule another gig soon!

Laieon

I was thinking about going to the Ansan Valley Rock Festival next month, mostly to see them and OkGo. It's near the end of the month, so there's a possibility they could still play (I'm guessing...).

To spend the $100+ or what to see them another day...

Grohl is pushing FIFTY (46) and still rocks as hard as anyone in their twenties.

A gift to our generation.
Rock on, good sir, ROCK ON.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
That's rock 'n' roll mythology level stuff. I don't like Nirvana or the Foo Fighters, and even I have to say this guy is a rock legend.

I had tickets to see them in Edinbrugh. Was fucking gutted when it got cancelled.

There been any news if they're gonna reschedule or not? What should I do with the tickets I have?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom