• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Error. If that shit is true, there is a special place in hell reserved for people like you. I was able to be pretty much spoiler free for SW and potential bullshit like that was spoiled in a DC cinematic thread. Long story short, if true. fuck you.

Edit: Can a mod do the honours and edit his post.

Sorry about that I assumed every geek and nerd (myself included) on GAF has seen the movie already, didn't mean to spoil bro. My bad.

So some "Good" news, if you wanna pass the next 3 weeks

Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox
Justice League War
Son of Batman
The Batman Season 1-5

Were just added to American Netflix.

This on top of original Batman (Burton), Justice LEague/Unlimited and Young Justice

Plenty to watch!

The Flashpoint Paradox is fucking great. Everyone should watch that. Justice League: War is alright. Haven't watched Son of Batman yet, and I only watched one or two episodes of The Batman many years ago, so I'll watch those soon.

I just watch Tim Burton's Batman on Blu-ray yesterday. Hadn't watched it since I was a kid. It's great. Justice League, Justice League: Unlimited, and Young Justice are amazing, and among my favorite shows ever.

Bleepey

Sorry about I assumed every geek and nerd (myself included) on GAF has seen the movie already, didn't mean to spoil bro. My bad.

I am happy you're apologetic but I'd appreciate you editing your post.I am spoilt but maybe somebody else can be spared being spoilt.

So some "Good" news, if you wanna pass the next 3 weeks

Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox
Justice League War
Son of Batman
The Batman Season 1-5

Were just added to American Netflix.

This on top of original Batman (Burton), Justice LEague/Unlimited and Young Justice

Plenty to watch!
Never really watched The Batman. It never really gets mentioned, bad or good. It's just... there.

BadAss2961

The Flashpoint Paradox is fucking great. Everyone should watch that. Justice League: War is alright. Haven't watched Son of Batman yet, and I only watched one or two episodes of The Batman many years ago, so I'll watch those soon.

I just watch Tim Burton's Batman on Blu-ray yesterday. Hadn't watched it since I was a kid. It's great. Justice League, Justice League: Unlimited, and Young Justice are amazing, and among my favorite shows ever.
It's one of the weaker DC animations.

Lucky for you... someone really enjoys buying Batman-related stuff!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336292

So old... almost a decade now

First season is rough. But 2nd improves

4th is best

5th is mini-Justice League season

I need a second monitor for some background watching.

I'll probably end up watching atleast season 4 & 5.

My favorite Batman show is Brave and the Bold, anything with Captain Marvel in it automatically gives it an edge. I also like how it focused more on the c-stringers in the dc universe, practically recreating the JLI. Batman TAS does have the best episodes, but it's far from consistent and I don't care for the show nearly as much after season 3.

Penguin

I need a second monitor for some background watching.

I'll probably end up watching atleast season 4 & 5.

My favorite Batman show is Brave and the Bold, anything with Captain Marvel in it automatically gives it an edge. I also like how it focused more on the c-stringers in the dc universe, practically recreating the JLI. Batman TAS does have the best episodes, but it's far from consistent and I don't care for the show nearly as much after season 3.

For me

Batman TAS/TNBA
Batman: The Brave and The Bold
Beware the Batman
The Batman

Also... since enjoy shameless shilling, if anyone is brave, my ranking of the 75 best Batman Animated Episodes!

http://nerdsontherocks.com/category/special-services/batman-animated/

I gotta side with Schweinehund on this one. BTAS has some of the best episodes of any animated show, hell, any show period, ever, but it's very inconsistent. There's some real trash in there (Batman in my Basement anybody?). Brave and the Bold may not reach BTAS; heights (though it comes damn close at times), but it doesn't reach its lows either. A stronger experience on average.

Overall:

-Brave and the Bold
-BTAS/Batman Beyond (tie)
-Beware the Batman (sadly quite underrated)

Have not seen The Batman, will need to watch that.

Penguin

I gotta side with Schweinehund on this one. BTAS has some of the best episodes of any animated show, hell, any show period, ever, but it's very inconsistent. There's some real trash in there (Batman in my Basement anybody?). Brave and the Bold may not reach BTAS; heights (though it comes damn close at times), but it doesn't reach its lows either. A stronger experience on average.

Overall:

-Brave and the Bold
-BTAS/Batman Beyond (tie)
-Brave and the Bold (sadly quite underrated)

Have not seen The Batman, will need to watch that.
Er...

Got Brave the the Bold Twice! :p

And I agree, there are some major stinkers in BTAS, but it also has nearly double the amount of episodes so was bound to happen. I just feel like BTATB never really reaches the highs, and BTAS has A LOT of highs... A LOT

ryan299

I'm seeing on twitter that a theater in Perris, CA is showing the movie this Sunday. People have called the theater and the theater said they're showing it. Theater trolling? lol

Er...

Got Brave the the Bold Twice! :p

And I agree, there are some major stinkers in BTAS, but it also has nearly double the amount of episodes so was bound to happen. I just feel like BTATB never really reaches the highs, and BTAS has A LOT of highs... A LOT

Whoops, meant Beware :p It's definitely weaker than the other two, but it's better than people give it credit for.

And while I don't dispute the highs of BTAS, the lows weren't really law of averages sort of thing; they were really, impressively bad.

i've never seen batman brave and bold. thinking i should get around to it some day.

a lot of the dc animated movies were pretty bad imo. the best one in years was timm's elseworlds one. forgot what it was called but it came out last year.

ryan299

Campea just bought one
hcxoY.jpg

Mark Hughes confirmed screenings are real. wtf

@markhughesfilms
I just spoke on the phone with the Perris 10 theater, they confirm that they are screening @BatmanvSuperman on March 6th.

a916

Campea just bought one
hcxoY.jpg

Mark Hughes confirmed screenings are real. wtf

@markhughesfilms

Whoa.... either they don't care and there's a strong NDA on them... or they are proud of this film.

EDIT: WTF, this is just a normal screener on Fandango?!

http://www.fandango.com/regencyperris10_aauta/theaterpage?date=3/6/2016

Well, apparently this theatre is having a surprise preview screening this Sunday (anyone can buy a ticket). At first people thought it was an error but supposedly the theatre confirmed it when contacted.

Why do the rest of us have to wait 2.5 weeks on top of that? No NDA, can't wait for all the spoilers to be everywhere.

strange rollout for this. that is incredibly early, sheer confidence or cockiness.

everything else, even the great stuff, is embargoed like 5 days before usually if it's not a festival movie.

a916

strange rollout for this. that is incredibly early, sheer confidence or cockiness.

everything else, even the great stuff, is embargoed like 5 days before usually if it's not a festival movie.

Strange and dumb. Cockiness would be if this was for the press and for people to review and spread the good word, not for random people to go to. This is just foolish

Yeah unless it was an event or something where you could more or less control people's hype, it makes no sense. Any random person can see this movie and blow EVERYTHING.

if its real I feel bad for people trying to avoid spoilers. For me though, feed me all the fucking spoilers. Spoilers only hype me up more. Well good sounding ones anyway.

a916

if its real I feel bad for people trying to avoid spoilers. For me though, feed me all the fucking spoilers. Spoilers only hype me up more. Well good sounding ones anyway.

Media blackout, no twitter, or GAF or Youtube videos for that matter... one random thumbnail on a Youtube video, one idiot who prints the spoilers on the back of his truck... this is just stupid.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Comic book movies, I don't mind getting spoiled for some reason. I watch the movies for the spectacle and see how it all comes together.

I've just accepted I'll be spoiled. The advanced fan screenings made sure of it. It'll be interesting to see if this March 6th screening actually happens.

Maddocks

I'm ready to buy a march 6th ticket, but it has a lot of showings and I'm worried I'll buy it and instantly they will say...oops we just kidding, no screener.

ryan299

Just looking at opening weekends and TFA played in less theaters than the next than the next 10 films on the list. BvS is going to be in at least 4200 theaters I think

Comic book movies, I don't mind getting spoiled for some reason. I watch the movies for the spectacle and see how it all comes together.

Yea this is me aswell. There are things that I don't want to know spoilers for at all and will be pissed if I see it, and there are others where I will actively look for stuff and it will make me even more hype if it sounds good.

a916

I'm ready to buy a march 6th ticket, but it has a lot of showings and I'm worried I'll buy it and instantly they will say...oops we just kidding, no screener.

If that's a case, you'll get your money back... nothing to lose, all the upside.

Effect

It's going to be impossible to avoid spoilers now if they're showing it to the public and not just critics. They shouldn't be doing that until a week from release. There will be assholes posting things on twitter, reddit, etc before the damn thing even finishes playing. A full month is just stupid. I hope this is actually a big mistake.

guek

Banned

I'm the same when it comes to most plot spoilers in comic book movies but I do hate it when trailers spoil something visually cool (the Iron Man 2 brief case suit being in the trailers still irks me).

did anybody in this thread buy those? i couldn't imagine getting that. even for mad max which i ended up watching 4 times in theaters.

maybe it's worth the points and passing around to your friends who haven't seen it

did anybody in this thread buy those? i couldn't imagine getting that. even for mad max which i ended up watching 4 times in theaters.

maybe it's worth the points and passing around to your friends who haven't seen it assuming those points are a lot in their system.

Think a Gaffer or two bit. The shipping alone was $20 lol. I'll just pay each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom