• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

So it's not the real australian accent, but he's exagerating it? Why? Everything about this movie is so try-hard, like, everything gets pushed to the limit. Seriously, I don't undersand why the hell couldn't they respect the serious tone this characters have always had. It's like this is a parody.

i REALLY don't know what's real anymore. Are you joking as well? My head hurts

duckroll

Not sure if this has been posted, but Singapore has rated Suicide Squad PG-13 (duh) ,what's interesting is the extended rating description:

‘Suicide Squad’ is an action film based on characters from DC Comics. A group of supervillains is recruited by a secret government agency to take on life-threatening missions in exchange for reduced jail sentences.
When an ancient evil entity threatens to destroy the city, the haphazard team is called into action sooner than expected.

The film is rated PG13 with the consumer advice of “Some Violence”.

The film contains some scenes of action violence mostly involving gun firing and hand-to-hand combat. Some of the stronger sequences include one where an alien’s body is sliced into half and another where a humanoid alien’s hand is severed by a sword, but is quickly regenerated. There is also a scene depicting a character conjuring a ring of fire that engulfs a group of brawling prisoners. While these scenes contain some details of injuries, the impact is mitigated by the lack of bloodshed and focus on the infliction of pain or suffering. As such, the film is appropriate under a PG13 rating where the Classification Guidelines state “moderate portrayals of violence with some details, may be allowed, if justified by context”.

The film also contains a brief utterance of the expletive “f**k” as well as the words “shit”, “damn”, “dickhead” and “son of a bitch”.

Not sure how much of this is known, since the trailers seem to deliberately avoid details about the action mission they're on. Maybe it's old news and already mentioned in interviews and stuff? Seems new to me that they confirm
an ancient evil entity, and the fact that the weird enemies in the trailers are aliens. Maybe the Motherbox rumor is really true?

Not sure if this has been posted, but Singapore has rated Suicide Squad PG-13 (duh) ,what's interesting is the extended rating description:

Not sure how much of this is known, since the trailers seem to deliberately avoid details about the action mission they're on. Maybe it's old news and already mentioned in interviews and stuff? Seems new to me that they confirm
an ancient evil entity, and the fact that the weird enemies in the trailers are aliens. Maybe the Motherbox rumor is really true?

Motherbox rumour?

Is there a rumour that a Motherbox is beyond whatever chaos is going on?

Would be a bit random but an unexpected way to tie things together since Ayer said that while they (the film-makers) get to operate independently, the universe is tied together in ways people don't expect.

Edit: I like to believe that Scott Eastwood playing GQ Edwards is going to be some roundabout joke about Dick Grayson having the greatest/supermodel ass in the DCU.

duckroll

Motherbox rumour?

I'm not sure if I'm misremembering, but I'm pretty sure some time back there was a rumor going round that Suicide Squad is really about bridging both the supernatural and super space scifi stuff in the DCEU into a cohesive "real" world setting, and that the main threat would be linked to a Motherbox being unearthed or something, as it was suggested in the BvS deleted scene that 3 boxes were gifted to Earth in the distant past or something.
Idk. Hope I'm not talking out of my ass!

Yager

Banned
i REALLY don't know what's real anymore. Are you joking as well? My head hurts

But if I tell that I'm joking or not, then it'll stop being funny for me writing posts like that one.

I'm joking. I've got tickets for the 5th and I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT

Simo

So looks like some of the buzz from last night was similar to BvS? I only saw a tweet from someone on Twitter, one of the AICN guys I think.

I noticed that Hot Toys actually made more Cosbabies for SS too that I don't think were at Comic Con..
13879349_1149326788473636_1103619522614465921_n.jpg

Whats a Motherbox? Is it kinda a Infinity Gauntlet? I mean I remember something along the line from the Marvel VS. DC Crossover.

Fourth World tech, tiny computer-type devices that can transport people between universes and typically open boom tubes to do so, although I believe some writers have had people like Darkseid be powerful enough to tear open a boom tube by himself, although that could be in my head :p

shingi70

Banned
Fourth World tech, tiny computer-type devices that can transport people between universes and typically open boom tubes to do so, although I believe some writers have had people like Darkseid be powerful enough to tear open a boom tube by himself, although that could be in my head :p

In the new 52 run darksied was able to hold a boomtube cyborg opened and pull hisself out of it, until superman appeared and punched him into it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

There is a fart joke in here somewhere, but since this is the DCEU: no jokes.

In the new 52 run darksied was able to hold a boomtube cyborg opened and pull hisself out of it, until superman appeared and punched him into it.

Ah yeah, I remember that now.

I seem to recall in the Greg Pak authored Villain's Month issue with Darkseid he tore open a Boom Tube to go after someone but maybe its just an excuse to look cool and the Mother Box still did the hard work. I'm guessing their movie version will probably just be devices from Apokolips that act like universal "pings" and spread evil. or something.

shingi70

Banned
Ah yeah, I remember that now.

I seem to recall in the Greg Pak authored Villain's Month issue with Darkseid he tore open a Boom Tube to go after someone but maybe its just an excuse to look cool and the Mother Box still did the hard work. I'm guessing their movie version will probably just be devices from Apokolips that act like universal "pings" and spread evil. or something.

I'm surprised how big the motherboxes are, in the comics they're typically pretty small.

I wonder why they're so important considering how plentiful they are for the new Gods.

IconGrist

Got caught up on that OT thread.

Well, anyway. I watched Batman vs Robin last night. I don't know anything about Damien Wayne other than the basics. This movie did nothing to make me interested. Didn't really care for the movie overall though.

guek

Banned
Got caught up on that OT thread.

Well, anyway. I watched Batman vs Robin last night. I don't know anything about Damien Wayne other than the basics. This movie did nothing to make me interested. Didn't really care for the movie overall though.

Oh man, I'm so tired (working night shift right now). I thought you said Batman & Robin and Damon Wayans and was like shit, I do not remember him being in that piece of crap at all!

As for Warner's focus on Batman, wasn't there a rumor they weren't even really planning on doing a sequel to Begins due to 'poor' box office performance until Superman Returns bombed? If true, if Singer knocked it out of the park, we're living in a world without TDKT and Batman is the one that continues to struggle instead of Superman.

There are rumors about almost literally everything regarding the DC movies but this makes no sense. Batman Begins was a huge critical hit and almost immediately people began speculating about the sequel. I'd need some kind of leaked emails or something before believing that WB was just going ignore that.

That was really cool.

It may sound stupid but for some reason it makes me happy that they all got on and had a great time off camera as well and bonded. Margot doing so many of her own stunts was impressive, and I didn't know the black gooey/scaly enemies were a mix of practical + CGI. I kinda assumed it was people in greenscreen-y outfits running towards them.

The shots of Leto's Joker were...i feel even if I don't love his Joker, i'll probably love his performance and in doing so, misgivings won't really matter. if that makes any sense :p

Roll on the 6th.

Wanted to add an impression I heard regarding Suicide Squad.
Was listening to the latest Fatman on Batman and Kevin Smith made it clear that Marc Bernadin had seen the film. They made some jokes about how he "could not confirm or deny." And then Kevin said he had "another friend" who had seen it (again, he was clearly talking about Marc).
Not a ton to go off of, but Kev mentioned that his "friend" had told him that Batman was used liberally, in three different sequences. Also, that the movie's intro was "spellbinding."
Marc added that he was "very excited" to see the movie.
I should make this clear, I'm typing this from memory, but it's a good summary. I don't have a specific time stamp, I believe it was 20 minutes or so into the latest episode.
Marc's a fairly trustworthy source and, though had a couple nice things to say about BvS, was mostly negative about it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
HOLY SHIT at that Boomerang/Ropeguy clip. I laughed so fucking hard. Brilliant. I love how Ropeguy is totally buying into it :lol

bryanee

Wanted to add an impression I heard regarding Suicide Squad.
Was listening to the latest Fatman on Batman and Kevin Smith made it clear that Marc Bernadin had seen the film. They made some jokes about how he "could not confirm or deny." And then Kevin said he had "another friend" who had seen it (again, he was clearly talking about Marc).
Not a ton to go off of, but Kev mentioned that his "friend" had told him that Batman was used liberally, in three different sequences. Also, that the movie's intro was "spellbinding."
Marc added that he was "very excited" to see the movie.
I should make this clear, I'm typing this from memory, but it's a good summary. I don't have a specific time stamp, I believe it was 20 minutes or so into the latest episode.
Marc's a fairly trustworthy source and, though had a couple nice things to say about BvS, was mostly negative about it.

The comic con fatman on batman?

Dead

well not really...yet
I'm not sure if I'm misremembering, but I'm pretty sure some time back there was a rumor going round that Suicide Squad is really about bridging both the supernatural and super space scifi stuff in the DCEU into a cohesive "real" world setting, and that the main threat would be linked to a Motherbox being unearthed or something, as it was suggested in the BvS deleted scene that 3 boxes were gifted to Earth in the distant past or something.
Idk. Hope I'm not talking out of my ass!
This would be awesome

Ross61

I can't understand shit of what Boomerang says lol
Boomerang says that the whole ordeal is "mind games" and that the explosive chips aren't real. He said that they're actually "free" and he's planning to escape since he's got a life to live. And ask Slipknot if he want to escape too, then say "smart guy" when he agrees. Took me a second look to actually hear what he was saying.

Ahasverus

Boomerang says that the whole ordeal is "mind games" and that the explosive chips aren't real. He said that they're actually "free" and he's planning to escape since he's got a life to live. And ask Slipknot if he want to escape too, then say "smart guy" when he agrees. Took me a second look to actually hear what he was saying.
RIP Slipknot. My hopes and dreams part with you.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Oh man, I'm so tired (working night shift right now). I thought you said Batman & Robin and Damon Wayans and was like shit, I do not remember him being in that piece of crap at all!

Marlon Wayans was originally supposed to be Robin in Batman Returns. That would've been something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom