• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me wants to believe it's real due to who David Harbour's playing and why they'd make that up.

It appears bloggers are seeing the movie tonight. We'll get some impression of how try hard and edgy it is.

Some cool art posters.
8aKfU8J.jpg
pPZT7bH.jpg
C7ac8ui.jpg
VvZYLtN.jpg
rQfbSBi.jpg
zLRoO7n.jpg
YcfXvkk.jpg
aCR3q6S.jpg
dOX84Rq.jpg

Ahasverus

Just a head's up, Faraci was banned from Twitter so you won't see anything from him there
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait a minute.. Assuming all the emoji Squad guys have dialogue from the movie, and that they match their characters.. And given what Slipknot is saying, and due to his pose.. We could assume that...

Ross61

Old tweets of Faraci were being brought up and he was accused of being sexist and racist. So he deactivated his twitter, then reactivated it only to set it to private.

tim1138

Old tweets of Faraci were being brought up and he was accused of being sexist and racist. So he deactivated his twitter, then reactivated it only to set it to private.

Ah, gotcha. His account was definitely gone when I saw folks talking about it. Never mind then.

guek

Banned
My expectations for Suicide Squad, on the scale from
N9QtXY1.png
to
P8ummXm.png
, I'm at
jyuWxY0.png

tbh, some of the recent clips have been hit or miss. What looks good looks really good though so I'm still excited for sure but there's a tiny fear in the back of my head that I might end up disappointed again. Here's to optimism!

tbh, some of the recent clips have been hit or miss. What looks good looks really good though so I'm still excited for sure but there's a tiny fear in the back of my head that I might end up disappointed again. Here's to optimism!

I don't disagree but between lacking context and weird editing I don't put much weight on the clips. Ashamed to admit it now but couple of the clips for Mad Max left me hesitant. Scenes that in hindsight are tremendous in the film.

Dierce

I think at this point it is fair to assume that a lot of people just like to hate on DC movies. They created some echo chamber and they only feed into it with pessimism. I hope that the movie is good enough to win over those who might not give DC a chance.

guek

Banned
I think at this point it is fair to assume that a lot of people just like to hate on DC movies. They created some echo chamber and they only feed into it with pessimism. I hope that the movie is good enough to win over those who might not give DC a chance.

People in here are much more optimistic about future DC films because most of the people here have enjoyed what the DCEU has to offer so far. If there is a bias against DC, it's because those people haven't liked the first two DCEU movies. There wasn't a bias against DC with the Nolan films because most people liked them.

It's worth noting though that there are definitely a few people who like to go into every DC thread and spread doom and gloom however they can but they're usually a vocal minority.

IconGrist

People in here are much more optimistic about future DC films because most of the people here have enjoyed what the DCEU has to offer so far. If there is a bias against DC, it's because those people haven't liked the first two DCEU movies. There wasn't a bias against DC with the Nolan films because most people liked them.

It's worth noting though that there are definitely a few people who like to go into every DC thread and spread doom and gloom however they can but they're usually a vocal minority.

I believe there to be a separate factor as well: Batman. Batman Begins did ok at the B.O. Most chock this up to the last cinematic Batman being the Schumacher version. It didn't really hit it off until home release and TDK. Besides the Nolan movies what do we have? Keanu Constantine, Watchmen, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, etc, etc. Nothing that really hit it off. Then a decent to great string of Batman movies hit but a new Superman movie hits and is given a lukewarm reception and are then followed by the divisive Man of Steel and it's sequel containing a Batman very far removed from Nolan's. And even though most don't like what Snyder did with him most will admit to him being the standout. So much so that his solo outing is highly anticipated.

Fucking Batman. That's all people seem to care about. Which is WB's fault. So much time, energy, talent and money is thrown at Batman and his world that the entire DC roster outside of him is left to die out which tells the general public that no one but Batman matters.

Dont even say it, INST. I'm watching you, pal.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Umberto just tweeted this after seeing Suicide Squad.
https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/758524614066647040
I love this dudes enthusiasm, but I can't take anything he says all that seriously. I caught his "review" of BvS UC on the Collider show and he gave it a 10/10 and keeps harping on the weirdest things about stuff he liked. He never really answers the questions posed to him because he keeps going back to the fact Batman mentioned Arkham when he was talking to Luthor in the jail cell. It's such a throw a way line and inconsequential to the movie, but he just keeps going back to it for some reason. But it's good to have a hype man in your corner, so I'll give him that.

I love this dudes enthusiasm, but I can't take anything he says all that seriously. I caught his "review" of BvS UC on the Collider show and he gave it a 10/10 and keeps harping on the weirdest things about stuff he liked. He never really answers the questions posed to him because he keeps going back to the fact Batman mentioned Arkham when he was talking to Luthor in the jail cell. It's such a throw a way line and inconsequential to the movie, but he just keeps going back to it for some reason. But it's good to have a hype man in your corner, so I'll give him that.

Don't worry, I don't trust him either.

guek

Banned
I believe there to be a separate factor as well: Batman. Batman Begins did ok at the B.O. Most chock this up to the last cinematic Batman being the Schumacher version. It didn't really hit it off until home release and TDK. Besides the Nolan movies what do we have? Keanu Constantine, Watchmen, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, etc, etc. Nothing that really hit it off. Then a decent to great string of Batman movies hit but a new Superman movie hits and is given a lukewarm reception and are then followed by the divisive Man of Steel and it's sequel containing a Batman very far removed from Nolan's. And even though most don't like what Snyder did with him most will admit to him being the standout. So much so that his solo outing is highly anticipated.

Fucking Batman. That's all people seem to care about. Which is WB's fault. So much time, energy, talent and money is thrown at Batman and his world that the entire DC roster outside of him is left to die out which tells the general public that no one but Batman matters.

No lies detected. You also forgot to mention Green Lantern which did the brand no favors. I don't know what it is about Batman that it's the only DC property WB seemed to want to take seriously for so long. As much shit as I give Snyder, he at least approached Superman as an IP with enormous potential and tried to give the character the gravitas it deserves. wtf was WB thinking with all those other hack jobs.

IconGrist

No lies detected. You also forgot to mention Green Lantern which did the brand no favors. I don't know what it is about Batman that it's the only DC property WB seemed to want to take seriously for so long. As much shit as I give Snyder, he at least approached Superman as an IP with enormous potential and tried to give the character the gravitas it deserves. wtf was WB thinking with all those other hack jobs.

Dude, even the casting tells you all you need to know. No name Cavill is Superman. No name Gadot is Wonder Woman. Fucking Ben Affleck is Batman.

Ross61

Dude, even the casting tells you all you need to know. No name Cavill is Superman. No name Gadot is Wonder Woman. Fucking Ben Affleck is Batman.
To be fair, there was a healthy amount of skepticism for Ben also.

I personally would like more "no names" to get some big superhero roles. Tired of the same faces Hollywood forces on us.

IconGrist

To be fair, there was a healthy amount of skepticism for Ben also.

I personally would like more "no names" to get some big superhero roles. Tired of the same faces Hollywood forces on us.

I would've loved to see Karl Urban as Batman. Him or (the name escapes me) the guy from Deja Vu. Played the antagonist.

As for Warner's focus on Batman, wasn't there a rumor they weren't even really planning on doing a sequel to Begins due to 'poor' box office performance until Superman Returns bombed? If true, if Singer knocked it out of the park, we're living in a world without TDKT and Batman is the one that continues to struggle instead of Superman.

IconGrist

As for Warner's focus on Batman, wasn't there a rumor they weren't even really planning on doing a sequel to Begins due to 'poor' box office performance until Superman Returns bombed? If true, if Singer knocked it out of the park, we're living in a world without TDKT and Batman is the one that continues to struggle instead of Superman.

I don't know if the outcome would've been the same for Superman. That's still "ridiculously over powered even for Superman" Donner Superman.

Yager

Banned

100% agree. The main problem with the other characters is that WB doesn't have a clue on how to sell them to the big audience (at least until now), and instead of following the comics and presenting those characters as they are, in previous movies you would see those characters changed and modeled with the intention of making them more appealing to "dumb people who don't like CB".

At least now they seem to not be afraid of doing crazy shit on the screen. Imagine a world where every comic book movie was Nolan-style. I don't want to live there (and I love TDKT).

Yager

Banned
So it's not the real australian accent, but he's exagerating it? Why? Everything about this movie is so try-hard, like, everything gets pushed to the limit. Seriously, I don't undersand why the hell couldn't they respect the serious tone this characters have always had. It's like this is a parody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom