• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno why the hell the boots are so bulky. The movie suit did the boots very well.

And despite me not liking the movie suit all that much (I'm a classic suit fanboy), it does the belt much better. Also looks less like a random onesie with all the alien detailing.
I don't understand why the top part of the cape that feeds into the suit has to be rubber. It's on the Supergirl suit too. Looks weird in action.
Makes it look cheap.

They could disable the color filters or shoot during day.

But what has that to do with the suit ? You can critisize the colour filter, but not the suit.
The suit is colourful

justice-league-movie-2017-cast.jpg

Ashhong

Jai Courtney tends to be cast as generic American white guy in the style of Sam Worthington, Chris Hemsworth, Jai Courtney, etc. He's fine in Spartacus when he's not that.

The shadow between his eyes is kind of ruining his face. His muscles don't look much smaller than Routh iirc. Hard to compare since we have Cavill the Monster on the big screen

Ahasverus

What the fuck is wrong with a cloth cape. I hate the rubber in the Affleck suit and I sure as hell hate ir everywhere else. Cloth is ok, moves better, looks better, is lighter.

cr0w

Old Member
The belt and the way the cape attaches to the shoulders really throws the entire suit off for me. I don't like that style of cape anyway, I think it just looks cheap as hell. The belt is just odd, they should have done something simple like what's on Kara's. It's very bulky.

a916

Looks fine for TV but it's a missed opportunity to go classic with it. As is, it's a cheaper version of the MoS suit. Differentiating it by edging closer to the Donner look could've been great.

The costume fits Supergirls costume... however the actor looks awful. Just his face, it doesn't look like a Superman.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
But what has that to do with the suit ? You can critisize the colour filter, but not the suit.
The suit is colourful

justice-league-movie-2017-cast.jpg
A lot of because I dont watch the raw material where the suit is colorful, I judge based on the movies. Its kinda like complain about this:
11855650-1184636638219573-6126691891332490325-n-147349.jpg
while the suit looks much different in the movie.

Also thats a promopicture from a photoshop montage from a move that hasnt even finished shooting. Cool when they decide to have colors in JLA, but until now I cant agree that the suit is colorful.

Just me or does anyone else also really want a Man of Steel 2 by a new director? If they announced it tomorrow it'd be my most anticipated comic book film (yes more than Batman).

A lot of because I dont watch the raw material where the suit is colorful, I judge based on the movies. Its kinda like complain about this:
11855650-1184636638219573-6126691891332490325-n-147349.g
while the suit looks much different in the movie.

Also thats a promopicture from a photoshop montage from a move that hasnt even finished shooting. Cool when they decide to have colors in JLA, but until now I cant agree that the suit is colorful.

But at the same time you're comparing a promo shot to how a suit looks in the movie.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Don't mind the CW Superman suit. Think it's fine for TV and is different enough from the MoS suit that people won't be thinking it's the same guy.

I wish the movie suit had a brighter blue.
What the fuck is wrong with a cloth cape. I hate the rubber in the Affleck suit and I sure as hell hate ir everywhere else. Cloth is ok, moves better, looks better, is lighter.
The material they use holds the shape of the cape much better and IMO it looks better when Batman has a cape with some heft to it.

Cloth capes for Superman are a must, though. I really didn't like the cape in Superman Returns, it just made me think of candy.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Just me or does anyone else also really want a Man of Steel 2 by a new director? If they announced it tomorrow it'd be my most anticipated comic book film (yes more than Batman).

Ahasverus wanted Patty Jenkins and I could see that. But then again, I hope she gets to do a sequel to Wonder Woman.

I was thinking Damien Chazelle for the Superman sequel.

what's with the lens flares? :D

If you mean the JL group shot:

Snyder is psychologically trying to influence the critics by having them think about JJ Abrams in the back of their head, so he gets better reviews. Great strategy if you ask me.

Ahasverus

I wish the movie suit had a brighter blue.

The material they use holds the shape of the cape much better and IMO it looks better when Batman has a cape with some heft to it.

Cloth capes for Superman are a must, though. I really didn't like the cape in Superman Returns, it just made me think of candy.
The cape was just fine in Batman Begins

The cape was just fine in Batman Begins
Yeah, I didn't like it that much... it was a little off to me. The material looked like a blanket, hahaha. The Nolan movies are really my only frame of reference for cloth capes on Batman, and they didn't do it very well IMO, so I definitely prefer the leather or whatever material that is Batfleck has got.

What I really want is the cape draping over the shoulders. I believe there's BvS concept art of Batman like that. I haven't seen the movie yet, does the cape ever drape?

A bit random, but I wish Christian Bale was Batman in this Universe. Like he was never cast in Nolan films.

I watched the Justice league trailer and thought " Man Bale would've been perfect in this universe, he's got the menacing appearance and he's actually a pretty good comedic actor".

Just a random thought.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
A bit random, but I wish Christian Bale was Batman in this Universe. Like he was never cast in Nolan films.

I watched the Justice league trailer and thought " Man Bale would've been perfect in this universe, he's got the menacing appearance and he's actually a pretty good comedic actor".

Just a random thought.

Dunno man, having seen Batfleck in action and how scary he can be....Bale just looks goofy in comparison. Not to mention Batfleck is build like a tank and has that grit to him. Bale was a bit too clean.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
But at the same time you're comparing a promo shot to how a suit looks in the movie.
When they decide to drop the colors in thr final product I wont like it, too, but I have more reason to believe that they will stay with it here.
I dont watch Supergirl but what I get from the Tv ads is that they are ok with colors.

Ahasverus

Yeah, I didn't like it that much... it was a little off to me. The material looked like a blanket, hahaha. The Nolan movies are really my only frame of reference for cloth capes on Batman, and they didn't do it very well IMO, so I definitely prefer the leather or whatever material that is Batfleck has got.

What I really want is the cape draping over the shoulders. I believe there's BvS concept art of Batman like that. I haven't seen the movie yet, does the cape ever drape?
I mean, the leather one /looks/ better, but it's practicality is almost zero as it's not a glider not it can be used as distraction (the two uses the cape has besides being fireproof/bulletproof). I'm sure they could make a lighter cape looking better.

Dunno man, having seen Batfleck in action and how scary he can be....Bale just looks goofy in comparison. Not to mention Batfleck is build like a tank and has that grit to him. Bale was a bit too clean.
Zack would've directed Bale. It would've been different obviously. Besides I'm one of the few who didn't really like Ben as Batman, but I did like his Bruce Wayne. I think it's his head and the crowl. It just looks off for me.

Doesn't matter tho. I'm find with Ben.

Also I just notice how much hate the justice League trailer is getting and making me mad because that means they might not revel early footage anymore. I didn't really enjoy the trailer myself but I like getting to see what the audience gets to see. I at least understand that it's early, work in progress footage

I mean, the leather one /looks/ better, but it's practicality is almost zero as it's not a glider not it can be used as distraction (the two uses the cape has besides being fireproof/bulletproof). I'm sure they could make a lighter cape looking better.
Ah, so Batman can't glide with the cape in BvS? That's interesting, I didn't know that. I actually don't know if he used the cape to glide before the Nolan movies since I just remember him using the grapple gun in cartoons and such. I'm not one to care for practicality, though, unless it's something that looks impractical.

I'm sure they could make a cloth cape look better if they use a different material, like the MoS/BvS Superman cape and make it a very dark grey.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Bale would have never agreed to work with Zack Snyder in 2013.

"Alright Christian, so in this scene, like euh. The camera here. What's cool about it. It comes euhhhh close and I dont know, maybe something, closer to you and then"

"Speak fucking normal, you cunt! Can't even put together a coherent sentence. Fuck off"

I want to say the thin cloth cape in Begins is as much a necessity of filming as it is for the world of the film. Still, they used multiple capes of varying lengths depending on what the scene called for.

MoS, BvS, and JL get around it by using a CG cape for action. Affleck once said wearing the prop cape adds several pounds and it's even standing up straight is a balancing act.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda out of the blue but did BvS kill Verendus' on GAF or something? Haven't seen him post in ages.

Pachimari

Guys, you need to join the Discord channel. We can talk anything and everything DC, from comics to the DCEU, and just generally have a good time together in the chat daily if you are up for it. Getting to know each other better and have a connection. :)

ryan299

A new challenger appears.

Spoilers!!! You've been warned.

"How’s this for a news Flash: Due to a last-minute bout of filming, The Flash will be making an appearance in Suicide Squad, Warner Bros.’ heavily-hyped DC superhero movie that opens in one week, according to several sources."

Hollywood Reporter

strafer

"How’s this for a news Flash: Due to a last-minute bout of filming, The Flash will be making an appearance in Suicide Squad, Warner Bros.’ heavily-hyped DC superhero movie that opens in one week, according to several sources."

Hollywood Reporter

GOD! Why are you tempting me.

Is it a big spoiler?....GOOGOGOOGOG

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, you need to join the Discord channel. We can talk anything and everything DC, from comics to the DCEU, and just generally have a good time together in the chat daily if you are up for it. Getting to know each other better and have a connection. :)

Couldn't we just use WhatsApp for that?

Hollywood Reporter

What

What

What

Bleepey

Hollywood Reporter

I took the bullet. That's quite the cameo. Let's put it this way, you might wanna find this out in the movie by yourself.

Fellas, don't read the spoiler. Stay pure.

Hollywood Reporter

What's interesting is Ezra's listed in the credits yet Affleck isn't. Makes me wonder how that's decided.

“I don’t end up liking a lot of those movies. They’re so simplistic, and they’re getting more and more simple,” Damon said. “They’re trying to open up to an international audience, and they become less based on language and more based on tropes that are all identifiable. But that’s the way a lot of these big, big movies are going.”

Matt Damon on why he probably won't be in a comic book movie... yet he's starring in a movie purely designed to make money in both China and America (The Great Wall).

Is that irony? I can never remember.

Someone paint his costume green

Holy shit I would take that in a heart beat.

It was rumored lightly. There was a picture floating around a week ago or so that gave us hints.

It's a pretty big spoiler if you like surprises

Okay good, I don't know what the fuck it is, so I let myself suprise. Hopefully. 12 days later. I hate WB.

Lol, Matt Damon looking like a bobble head figurine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom