• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
About that potential spoiler in Suicide Squad, and how the movie fits in the current shared universe timeline

This makes that e-mail scene in BvS way redundant now, because before it seemed like they were just trying to find a way to tease these guys before JL, and it didn't appear that Suicide Squad was really going to do much heavy lifting in terms of maintaining the shared universe and was going to be it's own thing.

But now, not only do we see Superman's funeral in the movie (in the last trailer), but Flash gets teased as well, and potentially there is more. This makes Suicide Squad a much more comprehensive bridge between BvS and JL than it seemed before, and in retrospect, they could have eased off some of the JL teasing in BvS...

Simo

For any collectors here, Knightmare Batman by Hot Toys is out:
13667980_1000474190073569_2336655613814184675_o.jpg

13641225_1000474193406902_5602748333287583369_o.jpg

IconGrist

About that potential spoiler in Suicide Squad, and how the movie fits in the current shared universe timeline

This makes that e-mail scene in BvS way redundant now, because before it seemed like they were just trying to find a way to tease these guys before JL, and it didn't appear that Suicide Squad was really going to do much heavy lifting in terms of maintaining the shared universe and was going to be it's own thing.

But now, not only do we see Superman's funeral in the movie (in the last trailer), but Flash gets teased as well, and potentially there is more. This makes Suicide Squad a much more comprehensive bridge between BvS and JL than it seemed before, and in retrospect, they could have eased off some of the JL teasing in BvS...

Growing pains. It's not like there's a manual to follow.

Dead

well not really...yet
There was indeed a Sinestro teaser at the end of the credits of GL

Except it made no sense, Sinestro gets the Yellow Ring and acts all villainous, but he was literally never portrayed as being anything other than good during the film, there was no lead up to it whatsoever.

Still hurts how they fucked up the GL movie on literally every single level possible.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vbKysNEZdE

Ashhong

I'm going to rewatch the GL movie. Can someone quickly describe what the main problems are? I don't remember it being that bad

The Waller shower scene?!
:D

I wish it was that awesome haha. It's apparently
Waller and Batman disagreeing how to protect Earth, and Batman ends it by replying to Waller's comment about him being one man with "I got some new friends" or something like that.
Just a rumor at this point, but who knows.

Did Joker just use
a bomb injector
...?

He did. And I don't think it's made by
Wayne Industries. The case in the leaked scene for the random twitter a page or so back had the same logo as the case Joker was looking at in the behind the scenes featurette from the BvS home release.
Getting my detective on better than Batman haha

Umm guys....umm guys? Why did Umberto tweet this out? Suicide Squad spoiler?
https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/758888027812802560

nah fam, nah

you don't get to do that

you don't get to post a random pic of
Slade Wilson
and not have it mean anything

I don't get it.

The Mayimbe tweet?

We just found out there is a mid credits scene, what do most mid credit scenes do? Tease. Mayimbe saw the movie the other night. He posted the picture, randomly, after that news broke. So you could speculate that he just posted a spoiler for that scene.

duckroll

There's a mid credits scene? What? But I thought real directors don't do that? First the Justice League trailer, now this. DC just giving up and becoming Diet Marvel already?

There's a mid credits scene? What? But I thought real directors don't do that? First the Justice League trailer, now this. DC just giving up and becoming Diet Marvel already?

Batman-News reported it and he's been pretty good with inside information for awhile now. Still ultimately a rumor though.

Yager

Banned
About the JJ thing: keep him the fuck away from my DC characters. I've yet to see anything from him that surprises, either in a good or bad way. Everything he's done is just so bland to me, like it was made by a robot.

Havent heard that rumor, but looking at the cast, it'd be cool if David Harbour is secretly Slade.

He looks like some politician in Washington because he shows up in the room where Waller talks about needing to use metahumans to fight their wars.

If it's true, it's probably the mid credits scene which means it could literally be someone we don't even know about yet because it could have been shot recently. I believe that's what Marvel does, right?

Umm guys....umm guys? Why did Umberto tweet this out? Suicide Squad spoiler?
https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/758888027812802560

I KNEW IT.

idgaf what people say but i'm betting a penny on Scott Eastwood losing an eye at somepoint during the movie and becoming Deathstroke

These other theories sound more age appropriate.

I'm going to rewatch the GL movie. Can someone quickly describe what the main problems are? I don't remember it being that bad

It barely shows Oa, from what I remember. Like a few big shots but nothing that shows it either particularly...utopian, or space-fortress-y. It also introduces Parallax straight away and makes it a space smoke cloud. It also has bad CGI and some really silly moments. It's like I can get what they were going for, trying to capture the post GL Rebirth comics audience with some Parallax stuff etc, but it didn't work that well.

It has Mark Strong as Sinestro though, and he's really good. The credits sequence is a cock tease for the Sinestro Corps War movie that we need.

I KNEW IT.

idgaf what people say but i'm betting a penny on Scott Eastwood losing an eye at somepoint during the movie and becoming Deathstroke

Oh thank god it's not Dick. Scott would be a wack ass casting choice for Dick.

Just booked my ticket for next Saturday. Pumped and hypedT.

tumblr_o18flegAi21s9xlo1o2_540.gif

guek

Banned
This is a bit OT but I happened to catch Matrix Reloaded tonight on tv during my downtime at work and it reminded me how much Snyder owes the Wachowskis for his visual language. Snyder has always had a distinct style but it's clearly influenced heavily by the Matrix trilogy. Even Snyder's penchant for religious iconography is foreshadowed by the Wachowski's work. The final fight in Reloaded does have some really wonky shit though, mostly when Smith and Neo are wrestling with each other in mid air like a pair of children suspended by their underwear.

duckroll

This is a bit OT but I happened to catch Matrix Reloaded tonight on tv during my downtime at work and it reminded me how much Snyder owes the Wachowskis for his visual language. Snyder has always had a distinct style but it's clearly influenced heavily by the Matrix trilogy. Even Snyder's penchant for religious iconography is foreshadowed by the Wachowski's work. The final fight in Reloaded does have some really wonky shit though, mostly when Smith and Neo are wrestling with each other in mid air like a pair of children suspended by their underwear.

Do you mean Revolutions? Reloaded is the one with the highway chase with the Twins, and ends with Neo going Superman through skyscrapers which was an awesome scene.

duckroll

I think that both the Wachowskis and Snyder are heavily influenced by comic books and their visual language is very much informed by trying to express the adaptation of panels and storyboards literally into motion. That's where the similarity is.

guek

Banned
I think that both the Wachowskis and Snyder are heavily influenced by comic books and their visual language is very much informed by trying to express the adaptation of panels and storyboards literally into motion. That's where the similarity is.

That's true, but it also extends to things like lighting, slow-mo, and heavy visual symbolism. For all I know, Snyder isn't a fan of the Wachowskis at all, but his work does resemble theirs quite closely. It's possible Snyder is a victim of the Wachowskis simply coming first *shrugs*

duckroll

That's true, but it also extends to things like lighting, slow-mo, and heavy visual symbolism. For all I know, Snyder isn't a fan of the Wachowskis at all, but his work does resemble theirs quite closely. It's possible Snyder is a victim of the Wachowskis simply coming first *shrugs*

Well, I'll be very surprised if he wasn't inspired by Matrix in some ways. In terms of visuals, effects, and how slow-mo is used to communicate reflexes in action scenes, Matrix is the most influential film in decades! I just feel that the larger similarity is just an influence of comic mediums, and even animation in terms of how shots are constructed from the storyboard level.

Yager

Banned
That fucking spoiler. I don't want to see it, but it's fucking hard to resist the temptation. Hhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg

SJRB

Gold Member
Doesn't really help when all you have to see is "SpaceWolf" and you know exactly what he's said.

It's drive by shit posting that would get you banned gaming side.

Well if there is one thing I've learned since BvS it's that [driveby] shitposting is totally okay in DC threads.

Simo

Well if there is one thing I've learned since BvS it's that [driveby] shitposting is totally okay in DC threads.

Christ, those BvS OT and Review threads were hot shit dumpster fires. I think I'll save my sanity and bow out now of future DCU threads and stay in here. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom