• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

Just me or does anyone else also really want a Man of Steel 2 by a new director? If they announced it tomorrow it'd be my most anticipated comic book film (yes more than Batman).
The realization hit me the other day that after JL, Snyder probably won't be doing any more superhero films for awhile. I got kinda bummed out because he's above all his peers when it comes to this stuff in my opinion. MoS, BvS, and Watchmen are all great.

I have no idea who can take the reins on a Superman sequel. I just hope whoever it ends up being keeps the same visual style.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
The realization hit me the other day that after JL, Snyder probably won't be doing any more superhero films for awhile. I got kinda bummed out because he's above all his peers when it comes to this stuff in my opinion. MoS, BvS, and Watchmen are all great.

I have no idea who can take the reins on a Superman sequel. I just hope whoever it ends up being keeps the same visual style.

Like I said: Damien Chazelle for the Supes sequel.

IconGrist

I'm fairly certain Snyder is done after JL. Not because he's booted but just from pure exhaustion. He's been doing nothing but comic book movies for like 6 years. He's talked about other projects he wants to do and I imagine he'd like to get to them sometime before he dies.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fairly certain Snyder is done after JL. Not because he's booted but just from pure exhaustion. He's been doing nothing but comic book movies for like 6 years. He's talked about other projects he wants to do and I imagine he'd like to get to them sometime before he dies.

Didn't expect that last sentence....that was kinda dark.

I like it.

Owh and no to JJ. TFA was boring as fuck. Then again I don't like SW.

strafer

I'm going to miss him.

Ninjimbo

I really wanted Del Toro on that JL Dark movie. That was like a perfect marriage of concept and director. I wonder what happened to that.

IconGrist

Didn't expect that last sentence....that was kinda dark.

I like it.

Owh and no to JJ. TFA was boring as fuck. Then again I don't like SW.

Lol, it's just a common phrase while I was growing up. "Will you hurry up, I'd like to get out of here sometime before I die."

Bring back Nolan for Superman.

I can see it now. Micheal Cain as Metallo, with Hans Zimmer score.

In seriousness just focused on Superman for his sequel.

J_Viper

What about Justin Lin for JL2? I haven't seen Beyond yet, but I only hear good things. That and Fast Five and Six are still the best superhero team movies yet, along with F7.

If not, perhaps WB can somehow wrangle George Miller into it

Effect

Looks like the BvS blu-ray is doing pretty well. Debuted at #1.

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/batman-v-superman-shoots-to-top-of-disc-charts-1201825810/

To counter some of the backlash, almost immediately upon the “BvS” theatrical debut in March the studio touted that a three-hour extended cut of the film would eventually be released on home video. That version received much acclaim from fans and its existence seems to have driven some of the title’s home video success. The extended cut is available only on the “Ultimate Edition” Blu-ray copies of the movie, not the standalone DVD version, and the first week of release for “Batman v Superman” saw 70% of its copies sold coming from the Blu-ray format — one of the highest first-week Blu-ray percentages ever for a major theatrical release new to disc (the record is the 83% put up by “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” earlier this year).

bryanee

What about Justin Lin for JL2? I haven't seen Beyond yet, but I only hear good things. That and Fast Five and Six are still the best superhero team movies yet, along with F7.

If not, perhaps WB can somehow wrangle George Miller into it

Justin Lin is the one director I want on at least one DC project. Come on WB the man is on a fucking roll.

This is just not true at all.

I respectfully disagree.

After rewatching Star Trek 09 / Star Trek Into Darkness / Force Unleashed, my opinion on his ability has really soured. I've not seen Mission Impossible 3 or Super 8, but his batting average for me is not good for 3 of his 5 movie directorials.

Justin Lin is the one director I want on at least one DC project. Come on WB the man is on a fucking roll.

Justin Lin would be perfect for a Red Hood and the Outlaws movie. It's the perfect franchise for him. It's got big action set pieces and has a non-blood-related family bond element with Jason and Roy, and it's both light hearted and a little gritty. Right up his alley.

After rewatching Star Trek 09 / Star Trek Into Darkness / Force Unleashed, my opinion on his ability has really soured. I've not seen Mission Impossible 3 or Super 8, but his batting average for me is not good for 3 of his 5 movie directorials.
I love 09 and The Force Awakens. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Ashhong

Okay good, I don't know what the fuck it is, so I let myself suprise. Hopefully. 12 days later. I hate WB.

Lol, Matt Damon looking like a bobble head figurine.

Gonna be honest, you will 95% chance of being spoiled sooner or later. I doubt you can go 12 days without finding out =P

I love 09 and The Force Awakens. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Star Trek 09 is held together by a fantastic cast who were all perfectly selected and did exactly what they needed to do. Chris Pine specifically was the best part of the entire movie.
The pacing and story for the movie is pretty abysmal. At the time I didn't notice but it wasn't till I went back to it after watching Beyond that I realised how bad it was actually put together. Into Darkness was actually a way better movie, though tainted by their handling of a certain sacred cow.

The Force Awakens was creatively bankrupt. However much of that is on Lucasfilm / Disney versus Abrams I don't know, but the movie felt like a retelling of A New Hope done by Marvel Studios.

Feel free to disagree, I just think getting the guy on DC properties would be a gigantic mistake.

Raptor

Nah, the real question is how the fuck they put on their suit. No fucking way Batfleck or Baldman are able to do that on their own.

@Raptor

Nope, Batfleck confirmes to direct Batman movie though.

Ah well at least we get yet again another Bat movie damn it.

If there had been my post count would have skyrocketed.

And by the way, INST. I have some bad news about Santa... >_>

What are they waiting for, or Im a fool for having hope still? I need a damn sequel.

If any of you have a PS4 and a UK account, the PSN store has a pretty cool Suicide Squad dynamic theme now available for free. It's basically all the character posters animated with the film's score playing in the background.

Thanks for the tip, Im using the BvS as we speak, will be cool to alternate with this one.

Matt Reeves is my choice for another Superman standalone, if it's in keeping with a solemn Superman film, while keeping it lighthearted. Christopher McQuarrie is another.

guek

Banned
Abrams is great at being a chameleon, and in that sense he's really good at resurrecting franchises or kicking them off. But he's still just an imitator who, imo, usually fails to live up to the people he's copying. A Superman movie from him modeled after the Donner films could have been great, though like others, I had reservations over some of his ideas when he was working on a Superman project. At this point, I can't think of a project in the DCEU or even the MCU that would fit him.

That said, if Fox wanted to pick him up for a Starjammers movie, I'd be game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom