• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
Christ, those BvS OT and Review threads were hot shit dumpster fires. I think I'll save my sanity and bow out now of future DCU threads and stay in here. lol

That review thread was magical as long as you weren't emotionally invested in the success of the film.

I'll admit about the only peeve I have from other threads is the notion that all DC films are written, directed, etc. by the same person. There's something unbelievably clueless about it. To where it's, you know, that guy who has to have an opinion on everything but is uninformed on any given topic; yet is unwilling to budge from their baseless opinion.

IconGrist

Mark Strong came to play and everyone else was like "dude, this sucks and you know it." Mark said, "I'm a professional. One day you'll see... people will look back on this and say, 'Damn, Mark Strong killed it'."

And he was right.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Which one of us is the most damaged though.

Im gonna say Superman fans, taking all those L's can't be healthy.

Simo

I'm seeing more comments on social media from press, bloggers and critics talking about the buzz and feedback from those that saw it...it's...not good.

I'm seeing more comments on social media from press, bloggers and critics talking about the buzz and feedback from those that saw it...it's...not good.

It's actually more positive than negative, where are you looking?

All of the early tweets were good, and even some of the more critical ones were stil positive

And both Jeff Sneider and Drew McWeent have still been saying they have only heard good things just about an hour ago.

Drew on his Twitter, and Sneider on the Movie Talks podcast. Both of those guys were very doom and gloom about BvS before hand

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Strike three, DC is out!

On to the next one.

Simo

It's actually more positive than negative, where are you looking?

All of the early tweets were good, and even some of the more critical ones were stil positive

And both Jeff Sneider and Drew McWeent have still been saying they have only heard good things just about an hour ago.

Drew on his Twitter, and Sneider on the Movie Talks podcast. Both of those guys were very doom and gloom about BvS before hand

I saw one of the AICN writers talking about it as well as a writer for Variety/Hollywood Reporter who just up front said he heard it was bad. I'm on mobile so I'll link them when I get home.

I saw one of the AICN writers talking about it as well as a writer for Variety/Hollywood Reporter who just up front said he heard it was bad. I'm on mobile so I'll link them when I get home.

Tapley? Yeah I saw that one,

Buuuuut as I also mentioned, there's a hell of a lot more positive

IconGrist

This is going to sound nuts but if Suicide Squad bombs with the critics then at the very least Snyder doesn't look so bad, haha. He had minimal influence over it. Of course, if SS is received well then Snyder just looks like ass.

Ross61

Of course there's going to be some negative. Not everyone is going to be like it. But as of right now there's more positive feedback. Even other great movies this year had detractors like Deadpool or Civil War.

This is going to sound nuts but if Suicide Squad bombs with the critics then at the very least Snyder doesn't look so bad, haha. He had minimal influence over it. Of course, if SS is received well then Snyder just looks like ass.

I'm very curious what happens from a big picture perspective if Suicide Squad is met with the same reaction from critics and fans as BvS.

IconGrist

I'm very curious what happens from a big picture perspective if Suicide Squad is met with the same reaction from critics and fans as BvS.

I imagine an actual shake up as opposed to the illusion of a shake up that occurred after BvS.

Either that or their fall back... MORE BATMAN!

Dierce

But what is it with DC movies that pisses of critics? Every DC movie outside of the Batman films and the first Superman movie have been either divisive or hated by critics. Has anyone figured out why? Are DC characters outside of Batman not good for live action movies? Are critics expecting all superhero movies to be formulaic and funny? I think at this point a fair number of critics just want the DCEU to fail for whatever reason.

Ross61

But what is it with DC movies that pisses of critics? Every DC movie outside of the Batman films and the first Superman movie have been either divisive or hated by critics. Has anyone figured out why? Are DC characters outside of Batman not good for live action movies? Are critics expecting all superhero movies to be formulaic and funny? I think at this point a fair number of critics just want the DCEU to fail for whatever reason.
Let's not go start blaming critics now.

Because DC movies have their share of Problems. There's no need to blame critics, I've seen legitimate complaints

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
You guys give waaaay to many shits about what critics (or the audience for that matter) thinks. Guardians of the Galaxy was received well. That piece of trash actually has like a 90% on RT and people think it was one of the better cbmovies....who cares. Just enjoy it (well, or don't).

Can't wait, 5 more days!

IconGrist

I talked about this before but WB puts the most effort in Batman. They just haven't done the same for the rest of their DC properties. It may seem that way with the DCEU and these high budgets but the second Batman gets introduced they push Superman to the side. He got killed in his second appearance after very little build just so Batman would be the JL front runner (which is normally Superman, Batman is normally the last to join).

I don't think the critics want the DCEU to fail. It's almost like WB is sabotaging themselves. The second something doesn't work they throw more Batman at you because it's the only thing that's worked for them up to this point since the Nolan movies. They just don't grasp that their entire DC line needs the same care they give Batman.

I went to Drew's twitter feed and saw...

I am currently being yelled at in e-mail by DC fanboys because I'm not predicting doom and gloom for SUICIDE SQUAD. Y'all is crazy.

Bottom line: whatever the actual buzz is on any DC film, I should shut the fuck up because it's NOT WORTH IT.

I legitimately don't know how they fucking deal with it. I wouldn't bother at all.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I talked about this before but WB puts the most effort in Batman. They just haven't done the same for the rest of their DC properties. It may seem that way with the DCEU and these high budgets but the second Batman gets introduced they push Superman to the side. He got killed in his second appearance after very little build just so Batman would be the JL front runner (which is normally Superman, Batman is normally the last to join).

I don't think the critics want the DCEU to fail. It's almost like WB is sabotaging themselves. The second something doesn't work they throw more Batman at you because it's the only thing that's worked for them up to this point since the Nolan movies. They just don't grasp that their entire DC line needs the same care they give Batman.

How is this on WB? The directors have pretty much carte blanche, get creative control and can do almost anything they want. This is what Snyder/Terrio/Goyer wanted, not the executives telling them to kill Superman as soon as they had the chance.

duckroll

Maybe they're just... not that good?

Don't do this to me :( :( :(

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom