• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

> Man of Steel announced
"THANK GOD NOLAN IS PRODUCING AND WATCHING OVER SNYDER!"

> Batman v Superman enters production
"THANK GOD BEN AFFLECK AND CHRIS TERRIO WILL FINALLY GIVE SNYDER A GOOD SCRIPT!"

> BvS tanks
"THANK GOD SUICIDE SQUAD WILL HAVE DAVID AYER INSTEAD!"

> Rumors that Suicide Squad might be bad
"THANK GOD GEOFF JOHNS WILL TAKE HIS JOB SERIOUSLY FROM NOW ON!"

I guess there's something to be said for always looking on the bright side of things... :)

e6TnCg8.gif

Ashhong

BvS has a lower Rt score than The Room.. I mean.. yeah.. I get your point but, at least that movie, it was something else.

I'm so tempted to go into the OT. I can never stop myself. But I'm trying really hard not to, at least until the reviews come out.

Ashhong

> Man of Steel announced
"THANK GOD NOLAN IS PRODUCING AND WATCHING OVER SNYDER!"

> Batman v Superman enters production
"THANK GOD BEN AFFLECK AND CHRIS TERRIO WILL FINALLY GIVE SNYDER A GOOD SCRIPT!"

> BvS tanks
"THANK GOD SUICIDE SQUAD WILL HAVE DAVID AYER INSTEAD!"

> Rumors that Suicide Squad might be bad
"THANK GOD GEOFF JOHNS WILL TAKE HIS JOB SERIOUSLY FROM NOW ON!"

I guess there's something to be said for always looking on the bright side of things... :)

You. You are a bad man.

Ahasverus

Who wants to bet the WB president resigns after this and Fantastic Beasts underperform? I hope he gets a job as Nolan's coffee guy so he learns a bit filmmaking by wiping the coffee splits from his dirty pants.

Ashhong

Who wants to bet the WB president resigns after this and Fantastic Beasts underperform? I hope he gets a job as Nolan's coffee guy so he learns a bit filmmaking by wiping the coffee splits from his dirty pants.

Fantastic Beasts won't underperform. You can count on that.

Ahasverus

Do you even know who the WB president is right now, or are you just randomly blasting your rage rays at the moment? :)
That Asian guy?
They're kinda charging already. Please don't ban me.
Fantastic Beasts won't underperform. You can count on that.
What if it's botched in post production too?
No, he should have an avatar of Ayer with DAMAGED carved on his forehead.
OMG I'm TOTALLY doing this.

bryanee

lol calm down.

Why is everyone losing their minds over a couple of tweets saying they heard bad things? Do people just forget the tweets saying the opposite?

IconGrist

I honestly am not to bothered by bad reception of movies I'm looking forward too. I even surprise myself with some of the crap I enjoy that I know is crap. All I really ask is that Wonder Woman is good. There will always be more Batman and/or Superman movies but I fear for my lovely Amazonian Princess if her big movie bombs.

Ahasverus

No, he should have a picture of himself with Damaged on his forehead.
I kinda want to Avatar bet this.

You guys, this is fun and all, but yeah, it's hyperbole, I'm not that mad and nobody should be. I think it will be an ok action film as I've said before. It won't ve the world building development piece we wanted, but it could get to Oblivion levels or so.

Have you ever stopped to think that he posted that tweet just to start shit?
Yes and I don't think he did that for that reason.

I'll admit, I'm just messing around here, I don't listen to people or read reviews much. I love films so I know what makes a good movie

It's amazing the impact one tweet can do to an entire fanbase's psyche. Even with stuff about how people actually liked it, one or two tweets to the opposite are enough to fucking unnerve everyone.

Have you ever stopped to think that he posted that tweet just to start shit?

Why would you do that? Even if it's just for the lulz, it's not worth having fanboys climbing up your ass for fucking hours + days. Just look at McWeeny's tweets today; it's not worth approaching because some asshurt superfans are gonna hound the shit out of you.

Ninjimbo

This basically explains why Zack Snyder is flawed. David Ayer explains.
I usually find the "characters are the most important thing" argument to be a sort of crutch for clichéd scenarios. Usually, I find movies made with that guideline rarely surprise me and I can feel the story beats being handed to me like orders at a restaurant.

I won't say it's invalid but sometimes I do want to be surprised. I find that idea can lead to run of the mill film making.

Ross61

It sucks that all DC fans are being sucked into a generalized group of misogynistic, racist, and idiotic "fans" who harass everyone who doesn't like a DC film. I guarantee you it's the same people that claim that they hate what DC comics has become and yet still watch their every move. It's a shame, because those people really aren't fans of DC at all.

I kinda want to Avatar bet this.

You guys, this is fun and all, but yeah, it's hyperbole, I'm not that mad and nobody should be. I think it will be an ok action film as I've said before. It won't ve the world building development piece we wanted, but it could get to Oblivion levels or so.

More Edge of Tomorrow than Oblivion I hope. It's nice visually and I liked the soundtrack but Oblivion was pretty bland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom