• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

DARKNESS

IMPRISONING ME

1469824996889.jpg

WB executives, you hired a guy to do a job. Why can't you let him make his movie like he wants and you cut scenes out of it? They didn't learn their lesson from the BvS situation.

WhiteWolf

Man, I just want it to be next Thursday. I can't wait for this movie and I can't believe I get 2 DC comics films in one year. I really, really dug BvS and I can't imagine I won't at least like Suicide Squad.

Are we sure that this guy is legit?

This was my question when I asked if he was a reporter. Right now, it only seems like there are press screenings and advanced screenings fans can attend start next week. Hard to see a scenario where he was able to do both.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Expect shitty scores. I guess we'll find out in a few days if critics have a problem with DC characters in general or just Zack Snyder.

Also, everyone's going to go all ;Oh, we noticed that too!' now that this guy's mentioned that things changed in the final cut.

I don't really know anything about reception/detracters and all that. It's just movie. I like watching movies. I normally only post about news, clips, and merchandise, and not opinions (mine or anyone else's). Hah. But I do find it kinda funny how serious people take stuff. Heh.

But if you guys want more tweets and reviews and stuff, here you go:
https://reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/4uz02s/suicide_squad_press_screenings_and_rumored

Anyway, I've been hunting for those Walmart exclusive Rick Flag and Diablo action figures all month, with no luck. I got lucky last night and found a cheap Rick Flag on Amazon and ordered him. He shipped earlier. Just need Diablo now, and then Katana, Boomerang, and Arkham Joker when those come out next month. I guess I'll need Batman, too, to complete the Killer Croc collect and connect figure. I have Deadshot and Harley already.

Yeah not buying. This guy gave BvS a good review. I loved BvS but come on.

Yea this is missing the point for people looking to have something good to hold against detractors. The idea is to get good reactions from people who hated BvS.

As if it matters. All the good press in the world won't do any good when it's been shown that people will mentally collapse if one person tweets that they heard from a friend that the movie was bad.

tim1138

I finally got around to watching the Ultimate cut of BvS. It boggles my mind at some of the stuff they cut, the character motivations and plot points flow so much better. I enjoyed the theatrical cut, but this was like a whole different movie.

Ninjimbo

I finally got around to watching the Ultimate cut of BvS. It boggles my mind and some of the stuff they cut, the character motivations and plot points flow so much better. I enjoyed the theatrical cut, but this was like a whole different movie.
Join the chorus bro. Our Lord Snyder got hosed and he took it like a champ.

tim1138

Join the chorus bro. Our Lord Snyder got hosed and he took it like a champ.

They essentially cut everything related to Clark and him being framed. It seemed like they added a few scenes to the ending as well, like the Lex to Arkham scene and Martha finding out the funeral was already paid for. I dunno why they got cold feet about releasing that version but I'm glad we got it for the home release, it's definitely the definitive version of the movie.

guek

Banned
Guek isn't much for trolling unless he's goofing with some people who know how to tell the difference.

Nah, I never actively troll like that. People got all upset in the OT thread but I did say it was hearsay :p

It means more to me because I trust the person I was talking to. I debated not saying anything at all. Maybe I shouldn't have but I was too tired from work to care haha.

a916

I know I'm biased because I enjoy the MCU so much but at this point, I firmly believe that the best way to make a cinematic comicbook universe is to have it be producer driven. Feige is what makes the MCU possible.

I don't think that means though that all cinematic universes have to model themselves after the MCU method exactly. It could be very different and stand to be more varied compared to the MCU which recycles a lot of the same ideas between multiple movies.

I think DC should focus on making good movies without having to ALSO worry about creating a film universe.

duckroll

I think DC should focus on making good movies without having to ALSO worry about creating a film universe.

Unfortunately Marvel has set expectations in the industry that if they can do it, anyone else should be able to do it. So every studio has to try and see if it can work for them too.

Yager

Banned
I want this film to get a 65RT, just 1 point below Thor 2.

It baffles me how a movie like that can get a 66RT

IconGrist

Any of you follow Tyrone Magnus on YouTube? He just said the strangest thing.

"I want to see Suicide Squad and love it but not as much as I love Batman v Superman."

I can't even wrap my head around it it's so absurd, lol.

Yay, my BvS Blu Ray arrived a bit early. It'll be my first time watching the Ultimate Edition. I liked it when I saw it originally but I'm hoping it feels a bit more cohesive than the theatrical cut. Looking forward to watching the warehouse scene again the most.

Boke1879

Any of you follow Tyrone Magnus on YouTube? He just said the strangest thing.

"I want to see Suicide Squad and love it but not as much as I love Batman v Superman."

I can't even wrap my head around it it's so absurd, lol.

I think he's just saying he believes he'll love BvS more than this movie. I think he really loved the themes and the tone of BvS. SS seems like it's more straightforward, more "fun" if you will.

I guess what I'm trying to say is. Maybe he was more invested in BvS.

SJRB

Gold Member
Yay, my BvS Blu Ray arrived a bit early. It'll be my first time watching the Ultimate Edition. I liked it when I saw it originally but I'm hoping it feels a bit more cohesive than the theatrical cut. Looking forward to watching the warehouse scene again the most.

Ultimate Edition is way better, you're going to enjoy it.

IconGrist

I think he's just saying he believes he'll love BvS more than this movie. I think he really loved the themes and the tone of BvS. SS seems like it's more straightforward, more "fun" if you will.

I guess what I'm trying to say is. Maybe he was more invested in BvS.

I love BvS too.

It didn't really come off that way. It was almost like he'd be upset if he likes SS more than BvS. Like he actively wants to enjoy it less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom