• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, he doesn't appear in the movie at all, it's only the stunt double, always covered and/or shot from behind. The Bruce Wayne scenes were cut.

Good. We really don't need Bruce Wayne in this movie at all. Batman is all that should actually be in it. Anything to make the DCEU less of a Batman and Friends franchise is good by me.

Ahasverus

Good. We really don't need Bruce Wayne in this movie at all. Batman is all that should actually be in it. Anything to make the DCEU less of a Batman and Friends franchise is good by me.
Except sometimes things are written for a reason, and Ayer himself wrote the movie so let's all pray they didn't cut important stuff as in BvS

Ross61

If they cut out some Batman/Bruce Wayne and Joker scenes to focus more on the Squad I personally don't see it as negative.

Boke1879

In essence, yes.

It's amazing how we automatically gravitate towards the negative and believe it. Now I'm not saying we shouldn't be cautious but lets wait for reviews. When do those drop btw?

It's just like taking all positive tweets about a movie and treating it like gospel. Hell maybe this will keep everyone's expectations in check.

bryanee

I didn't even know Bruce Wayne was supposed to be in it. I always assumed it was just Batman. I'm not sure how Bruce would even fit into the story.

IconGrist

It's amazing how we automatically gravitate towards the negative and believe it. Now I'm not saying we shouldn't be cautious but lets wait for reviews. When do those drop btw?

It's just like taking all positive tweets about a movie and treating it like gospel. Hell maybe this will keep everyone's expectations in check.

Embargo ends Tuesday.

Bleepey

Wanted to add an impression I heard regarding Suicide Squad.
Was listening to the latest Fatman on Batman and Kevin Smith made it clear that Marc Bernadin had seen the film. They made some jokes about how he "could not confirm or deny." And then Kevin said he had "another friend" who had seen it (again, he was clearly talking about Marc).
Not a ton to go off of, but Kev mentioned that his "friend" had told him that Batman was used liberally, in three different sequences. Also, that the movie's intro was "spellbinding."
Marc added that he was "very excited" to see the movie.
I should make this clear, I'm typing this from memory, but it's a good summary. I don't have a specific time stamp, I believe it was 20 minutes or so into the latest episode.
Marc's a fairly trustworthy source and, though had a couple nice things to say about BvS, was mostly negative about it.

time stamp?

Anonymous Twitter person said Affleck didn't want to be part of another mess this year and requested to be cut. It's also why the reshoot a happened. His scenes were swapped for Rope Guy flashbacks.

I heard they cut Harley entirely. Happend about 48 hours ago, some guy from WB showed up and started mutilating film reels with a set of gardening shears. It's something I heard from my cousin's uncle's brother's nephew's dentist's roommate's mistress's cat tho, so grain of salt and all that.

jrush64

Banned
It's a lot easier to predict doom and gloom considering BvS reception. Reading SHH, they say its not bad but it won't do well with the critics.

IconGrist

It's not Affleck in the suit here is it? Doesn't look like him. Distinct lack of Bat chin.

Nah, that's not how Affleck makes his grrr face.

BvS-14.png

I didn't even know Bruce Wayne was supposed to be in it. I always assumed it was just Batman. I'm not sure how Bruce would even fit into the story.

Ben was spotted outside of his trailer in Toronto in a suit when he flew in for a few days to do his scenes. Which is exactly why I don't think they'd be cut, because otherwise they completely wasted Affleck's time. Add on one of the few things most people liked about BvS was Affleck, I find it hard they'd just up and cut his scenes.

Except sometimes things are written for a reason, and Ayer himself wrote the movie so let's all pray they didn't cut important stuff as in BvS

Sometimes things get written for a reason but then end up not being worth it. Usually you don't cut something because you think it's good. You cut it because you don't think the film actually needs it.

Embargo drops on Tuesday, I think.

Which, by the way, is something else people are shitting themselves over. "The embargo's too late!11! WB has no confidence!!11!1"

J_Viper

If Wayne's scenes are actually cut, I'll be disappointed. Affleck is the DCEU now.

And I'll say again, If there isn't a single scene between Affleck and Leto, this movie belongs in the trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom