• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh...he's really cool again and is currently rocking the Van Dyke in DC Rebirth.

Looking forward to Suicide Squad. I am only hoping that Rope Guy/Slipknot lives because Adam Beach is Canadian.

Finding this out has managed to kill the entirety of Rebirth for me. I hope you're happy. That fucking goatee is awful.

edit: Question: Was Rebirth a reboot or not? I never kept up with it because I'm not in a position to collect individual issues right now and so was just going to wait on the trades.

Finding this out has managed to kill the entirety of Rebirth for me. I hope you're happy. That fucking goatee is awful.

edit: Question: Was Rebirth a reboot or not? I never kept up with it because I'm not in a position to collect individual issues right now and so was just going to wait on the trades.

No, it's a continuation, but also a reboot, kinda.

VanWinkle

No. Everything that happened in New 52 is still in continuity. Just a renumbering, new creators, and kind of a status quo change for some of the characters.

Instead of rewatching all the stuff, I am acutally going to buy some comics on Monday:

Batman: The Black Mirror
Joker by Brian Azzarello
Superman: Red Son
All Star Superman
Flash, The Secret of Barry Allen
Flash, The Rogue War

Instead of rewatching all the stuff, I am acutally going to buy some comics on Monday:

Batman: The Black Mirror
Joker by Brian Azzarello
Superman: Red Son
All Star Superman
Flash, The Secret of Barry Allen
Flash, The Rogue War
The Black Mirror and All Star Superman are brilliant. Two excellent reads there.

No. Everything that happened in the New 52 is still in continuity. Things are just getting renumbered, with new creative teams, and some of the characters are getting a change in status quo.

Yeah but that's what pretty much happened with the New 52 for most of their stuff. Barely anything changed with Batman and Green Lantern stuff.

Vibranium

Banned
Yeah, it's like Marvel NOW! Just creative team switches. And I won't hear anything bad about the goatee, it can work in live action with the right actor and proper design.

I have to also recommend Black Mirror to the poster who mentioned it, it's an amazing story. Fracesco Francavilla did some of his best work with the Jim Gordon flashbacks, such a creepy atmosphere. And Dick Grayson Batman is so much fun.

Those were the two notable exceptions. Other characters were basically getting a reboot with Nu52.

The only ones that I remember having actual reboots seemed to be Superman's roster and the Vertigo characters that got merged into the DCU. Even the Animal Man comic was a continuation of his pre-existing backstory. And because Batman didn't get rebooted that's a solid 50% of the characters that didn't start fresh. It even effected unrelated characters such as Starfire and Roy Harper (who is barely brought up as ever existing in what I read of Green Arrow N52) because of the team up books.

Whole thing was a train wreck continuity wise.

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay, something that's been consistently pissing me off. Why isn't the Bruce Wayne workout sequence music on the soundtrack?

The workout and the sequence where he finds Wonder Woman's picture on Lex's harddrive [until the WW theme starts blasting of course], and I guess the sequence where Diana sees the footage of Flash/Aquaman/Cyborg has fucking cool music, but none of it is on the soundtrack.

Yeah but that's what pretty much happened with the New 52 for most of their stuff. Barely anything changed with Batman and Green Lantern stuff.

Meh, New 52 fucked with Batman plenty. Jason was fucked with by Joker since birth, all of Batman's history took place in like 5 years (5 Robins, an earthquake, a plague, his back being broken? Lol) EXCEPT when they wanted to reintroduce somebody, in which case fuck the pre 52 history. No Cass, no Stephen (until way late), Oracle may or may not have happened, etc etc

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
It's the calm before the storm in the Suicide Squad thread. Seems everyone calmed the fuck down until the real reviews come out. Pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood.

Psykoboy2

Screenings are happening right now. At least a friend of mine who's stationed at a base somewhere in California posted that he's seeing it right now.

IconGrist

Henry in an upcoming issue of Men's Fitness.

aND0vWc.jpg

Listening to Man of Steel soundtrack. It always evokes this feeling of sadness inside me, because I feel Superman isn't getting the recognition and respect he deserves. We should have had a Man of Steel 2 by now. Instead, we have the mess that is Batman v Superman.

Atomic Odin

Completely random but I was watching MoS just now and that "You think you can threaten my mother?" moment gives me goosebumps every single time. The score, the cry from Kal, Zod was like 'please have mercy'

if these changes to the film are true, is it WB who is doing this or Ayer?

Probably Ayer.

There's nothing really to suggest excessive/beyond normal studio interference on Suicide Squad and Ayer talked about the reshoots giving him a chance to fine tune bits and pieces.

One/two people say Joker is in the film less than expected, another says more than...believe no one till the film is out.

IconGrist

For all we know that guy said the pacing is worse because he was aware of the scenes that no longer exist. That would be jarring. It may not actually mean the pacing is bad.

duckroll

One/two people say Joker is in the film less than expected, another says more than...believe no one till the film is out.

Erm, you can believe all of them and it can still be true. One person saying that Joker is in the film more than expected does not contradict another person saying Joker is in the film less than expected, because two people can have totally different expectations of how much Joker there is in the film!

If you go by the trailers and TV Spots alone, it is fair to expect that Joker is a major part of the film and possibly even the main antagonist. If you go by interviews and and features which way less people would have read or watched, it would seem that Joker is a side component of the story and not the main attraction.

Im not gonna criticize anyone for cutting scenes I'll havent see. Thats just ridiculous. Of course, post-Ultimate Cut I can criticize BvS theatrical but I've seen those scenes.

And just because this guys experience was lessened doesnt mean a fresh experience will be affected. Worrying over nothing...

IconGrist

I watched the mid-credits scene. I won't spoil it but it leads into an upcoming movie. It's a bit more blunt than a normal Marvel credit scene.

Ahasverus

SPOILERS, SERIOUSLY SPOILERS: Now I understand, they seemed to cut Joker's
burnt face
scenes, it was SERIOUSLY SPOILERS
so that he seemed dead for the audience until his surprise appearance the very end, making him more sympathetic (because it seems those scenes were him trying to kill the squad, and Harley with them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom