• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
gym8EeS.jpg

Note: Snyder and Terrio are standing on their toes.

Busty

Banned
Seems everyone's favorite apex scooper is working for the trades. Mayimbe rumors got credibility now!

Talk was that his site wasn't doing as well as he'd hoped because that Youtube show of his disappeared after less than a dozen (??) episodes.

I think that Heroic Insider will now become a 'featured blog' with The Wrap. Time will tell if it's a good move or not.

ryan299

What does this mean?

He got hired by the Wrap, which is the 4th major Hollywood reporting company.

Talk was that his site wasn't doing as well as he'd hoped because that Youtube show of his disappeared after less than a dozen (??) episodes.

I think that Heroic Insider will now become a 'featured blog' with The Wrap. Time will tell if it's a good move or not.

His site was just crap. It's like CBM. Unless he was posting scoops there was no reason to go there.

He decided to stop doing spoiler scoops- he got most of them wrong anyway- and mainly stick to casting ones, which I'm sure hurt him.

Busty

Banned
Wasn't another one of these bloggers just let go from The Wrap?

Jeff Sneider was let go by mutual consent
(fired)
from the Wrap a few weeks and has since joined Mashable. He joined The Wrap from Variety..., where he was also let go by mutual consent.
Fired.

FULL DISCLOSURE _ I love Jeff Sneider.

His site was just crap. It's like CBM. Unless he was posting scoops there was no reason to go there.

He decided to stop doing spoiler scoops- he got most of them wrong anyway- and mainly stick to casting ones, which I'm sure hurt him.

Excellent point. It was never a daily read for me unless he was dropping a scoop.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
This place shall be my haven tomorrow. For better or worse.

Ha! Man, imagine the first two reviews on RT being rotten like with BvS. Oooooh boy. I hope all the negative one's push them out sooner.

(fired)
from the Wrap a few weeks and has since joined Mashable. He joined The Wrap from Variety..., where he was also let go by mutual consent.
Fired.

All I knew of him is the silly "95% certainty Spider-man isn't white" claim.

Effect

I have to say I really do wonder what the fallout of the Joker/Harley relationship will be. How will they play it? Will they highlight the abusive nature of it? Will they downplay it or outright change it so it's not abusive but just straight up unhealthy, etc? The second option lets you still show the Joker as a twisted and evil person but Harley being the one person or thing in his life that causes that side of him to be switched off to a degree. The former makes it impossible for people to really like the Joker because of how real and uncomfortable that version will be, especially for people that haven't read or seen the J/H relationship before and just seen the past Jokers in film.

I'm curious as to what has the worse outcome? The abusive relationship is likely to set the media off though on the film. The other option will cause some fans to lose their minds and maybe create another backlash toward WB. Especially if it doesn't somehow lead into Harley being empowered to remove herself from the situation (it not being an abusive relationship that is one sided lessens that chance, at least for a while I think). I honestly think they should, and kinda hope, they've toned things down. I would cut out the abuse all together (I don't think you really need it unless you can thread that needle perfectly) and still keep the manipulation and show that both of them are just very twisted, etc and it was the Joker that just brought out what was already in Harley and that's what drew him to her.

IconGrist

I don't care if Harley and Joker love each other. But I will be disappointed if they downplay what he did to her over the years.

Effect

I don't care if Harley and Joker love each other. But I will be disappointed if they downplay what he did to her over the years.

That's what I'm getting at. What will the backstory be. It doesn't have to be the same as in the comics. WB has shown they're willing to introduce new lore for characters and have that filter back over to the comics be it from the movies or cartoons. Harley herself is a cartoon creation who's origin was then reworked in comic format. So they could just as easily redo it again for the film (knowing full well they're going to want to sell toys, etcs to kids and teens) and the Joker well has no solid backstory and each one is different. It's the merchandise that makes me wonder how dark will they go with the backstory. They're pushing Harley towards all ages now from this film, to the Arkham games, to the DC Superhero Girls franchise/merchandise being the big one.

ryan299

(fired)
Fired.

I like Sneider also. Do you know why he left?

Skwad is tracking for a 130 to 140 ow. The Wrap

“Suicide Squad” keeps building momentum going into its debut this Friday, with tracking figures now setting its opening between $130 million and $140 million — though studio estimates are currently set on a much more conservative $125 million.

Boke1879

Ok so a few days ago people were saying they cut Ben's scenes in the movie. No idea if it's true or not.

When they say that do they mean Bruce's scenes or him in the suit as well?

Because I remember Will Smith saying that there is an emotion scene in the movie between Deadshot and Batman. I really can't see the body double acting that out.

Ok so a few days ago people were saying they cut Ben's scenes in the movie. No idea if it's true or not.

When they say that do they mean Bruce's scenes or him in the suit as well?

Because I remember Will Smith saying that there is an emotion scene in the movie between Deadshot and Batman. I really can't see the body double acting that out.

They didn't. He has about as much screen time as Spidey in CW, and it is Ben in the suit (outside of stunts of course)

a916

I love Umberto but his website was a terrible experience.

BRAND NEW POSTER RELEASE... click here and get it. Nah dog, you're on twitter, I follow enough movie people that most of them will post or retweet it, no point going to your website for that.

BadAss2961

I have to say I really do wonder what the fallout of the Joker/Harley relationship will be. How will they play it? Will they highlight the abusive nature of it? Will they downplay it or outright change it so it's not abusive but just straight up unhealthy, etc? The second option lets you still show the Joker as a twisted and evil person but Harley being the one person or thing in his life that causes that side of him to be switched off to a degree. The former makes it impossible for people to really like the Joker because of how real and uncomfortable that version will be, especially for people that haven't read or seen the J/H relationship before and just seen the past Jokers in film.

I'm curious as to what has the worse outcome? The abusive relationship is likely to set the media off though on the film. The other option will cause some fans to lose their minds and maybe create another backlash toward WB. Especially if it doesn't somehow lead into Harley being empowered to remove herself from the situation (it not being an abusive relationship that is one sided lessens that chance, at least for a while I think). I honestly think they should, and kinda hope, they've toned things down. I would cut out the abuse all together (I don't think you really need it unless you can thread that needle perfectly) and still keep the manipulation and show that both of them are just very twisted, etc and it was the Joker that just brought out what was already in Harley and that's what drew him to her.
I say keep it as fucked up as possible, because that's what that relationship is.

Let the haters hate... Harley is not about empowerment, especially when it comes to Joker.

IconGrist

I have to wake up early tomorrow which sucks. Means I'll be around for when reviews start trickling in. I always prefer to jump in when the bath is full.

Yager

Banned
I have all day to prepare myself from whatever happens with the reviews. One thing I'm sure is that I'll have a lot of fun.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
BvS realle broke you guys huh.

I kinda want it to have the same RT% as Man of Steel.

If I'm honest, impressions got me thinking it might end up getting mid-high-ish RT%. But for my tastes it's somewhat of a shame to hear it's victim of the conventional blockbuster trappings. That's what audiences want; GotG and Deadpool are well liked. I imagine I'll end up enjoying it and having fun like with those two. Having a hard time expressing my weird view on this.

And really, while RT% doesn't mean much to me for Suicide Squad specifically, if it scores well it'd be nice not to go through this song and mess with every movie out of a studio, relating to one property. Because you know folks will get nasty about Wonder Woman if they conceive a pattern around these films.

If I'm honest, impressions got me thinking it might end up getting mid-high-ish RT%. But for my tastes it's somewhat of a shame to hear it's victim of the conventional blockbuster trappings. That's what audiences want; GotG and Deadpool are well liked. I imagine I'll end up enjoying it and having fun like with those two. Having a hard time expressing my weird view on this.

And really, while RT% doesn't mean much to me for Suicide Squad specifically, if it scores well it'd be nice not to go through this song and mess with every movie out of a studio, relating to one property. Because you know folks will get nasty about Wonder Woman if they conceive a pattern around these films.

Need to string a few good reviewed movies together to end some of the stuff surrounding the DCEU. If SS gets a good RT score, people will just use the BvS one against WW, especially with Snyder have a story credit, and people will counter with the SS RT score.

IconGrist

Need to string a few good reviewed movies together to end some of the stuff surrounding the DCEU. If SS gets a good RT score, people will just use the BvS one against WW, especially with Snyder have a story credit, and people will counter with the SS RT score.

I'm not sure how story credit gets, well, credited. If Snyder is spearheading the DCEU than that means he basically has his hands in every story up until at least The Flash.

guek

Banned

The difference here is that SS doesn't have the monumental levels of hype associated with BvS. Expectations seem to be tempered at this point and that'll be a good thing for perception.

The difference here is that SS doesn't have the monumental levels of hype associated with BvS. Expectations seem to be tempered at this point and that'll be a good thing for perception.

God I hope so. At this point I want the reviews to hurry up and come in. It drives me crazy that people in the SS thread are melting down over some random dude's tweet. Don't know why I get so bothered by it myself... I guess I'm just a sucker for pain.

Hype for BvS? The internet took a shit on it since it was pretty much announced. I've always believed Suicide Squad was the more hyped between the two projects and now Suicide Squad carries the weight of the entire DCEU on it's shoulders due to BvS being a disappointment to many.

guek

Banned
God I hope so. At this point I want the reviews to hurry up and come in. It drives me crazy that people in the SS thread are melting down over some random dude's tweet. Don't know why I get so bothered by it myself... I guess I'm just a sucker for pain.

Everyone feeds into the hyperbole. Hell, people from this thread who routinely mock OT for their hyperbole filled the SS thread with parody posts which only further feeds into the hysteria over random impressions from people no one really cared about beforehand.

It's pretty much impossible though for the SS reception to implode like BvS did. The expectations aren't as high, not nearly as many people will watch it, and the symbolic significance as the prequel to the Justice League isn't there with SS.

Hype for BvS? The internet took a shit on it since it was pretty much announced. I've always believed Suicide Squad was the more hyped between the two projects and now Suicide Squad carries the weight of the entire DCEU on it's shoulders due to BvS being a disappointment to many.

BvS topped the majority of "most anticipated" lists for the year. It was hotly anticipated. Gaf was overly negative, yes, but don't let gaf fool you into thinking it represents the internet at large, or people at large for that matter.

i'm pretty certain Will Smith will be one of the better things about it tbh. When he actually tries he's so good. He's just been on autopilot for too long, hopefully not in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom