• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

Gunn also wrote Snyder's most agreeable film in Dawn of the Dead.

I liked the dance off, tbh. They tried fighting the villain and failed. Taking another approach to win was a neat subversion.

I wouldn't call anything about that dance neat. But that wasn't even the worst part. The worst part was it working.

Busty

Banned
Acting like any of the characters beyond Starlord have any backstory or character is a giant act of mental acrobatics.

I've only seen the film twice and I know this to be simply untrue. Are you seriously saying that we don't get any characterisation or back story for the likes of Rocket Raccoon?

Some guys are already dropping Evans gifs, so, if the movie gets polarizing reviews that thread is going in the toilet. I'm going to be posting my thoughts here.

Yeah the concern trolling by a select few is already too much to handle. If this doesn't immediately hit 70+ and stay there, it's going to be a shit show.

Hmmm to discuss in here or go to the OT, that is the question
I'm in both. I don't get offended what others say and I like here.

Honestly I dont read reviews until after I see the movie since I'm a pretty harsh critic myself. I know what makes a movie worth watching.

dont know why, but seems like DC films are held to another standard. dont get me wrong, marvel films are fun but they arent classic and innovative films yet are rated and perceived as such.

IconGrist

We doing okay in here? I'm cool with discussing what's about to happen good or bad but if some of y'all are going to breakdown let me know now and I will wait until tonight to check back when everything is (hopefully) calmer, lol.

I've only seen the film twice and I know this to be simply untrue. Are you seriously saying that we don't get any characterisation or back story for the likes of Rocket Raccoon?

We're given like, a line of backstory for most of the characters. Most of which are "Something sad happened to me in the past. BUT LETS GET ON WITH THE MOVIE NOW :D"

Boke1879

We doing okay in here? I'm cool with discussing what's about to happen good or bad but if some of y'all are going to breakdown let me know now and I will wait until tonight to check back when everything is (hopefully) calmer, lol.

That's what I'm saying. People need to chill. I don't think anything can be as bad as what happened to BvS though.

Ashhong

Who is everyone's favorite critic/site? like the one place where you actually care about their opinion? I really like Chris Stuckman, dude is a very fair reviewer. Excited to see what he says

IconGrist

Who is everyone's favorite critic/site? like the one place where you actually care about their opinion? I really like Chris Stuckman, dude is a very fair reviewer. Excited to see what he says

I don't know that I have a favorite. There are some that I find entertaining but none that particularly click with me. I would say Stuckmann is probably the closest.

The only critics I know are Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert, and they're both dead.

I just watch movies. Don't really pay attention to reviews. They're just opinions, and I only care about my own.

Ashhong

Going to be really interesting to see what kind of rumors about studio shake ups come out of this

Ayer is a great director. Wtf happened?

I've seen a bunch of positive reviews posted but it seems people on GAF only want to point out the low reviews. I admit it's getting mixed reviews but who didn't see that coming. People out there really enjoyed it.

Dierce

Yeah they probably will try to get rid of Tsujihara. Not sure if that would help at all but they will need to do something to calm down the investors. WB is bleeding money with these terrible reviews. These movies have immense hype and with positive reviews and word of mouth they could easily hit a billion worldwide.

It's mind boggling. Is it the writers? The execs still stepping in and making demands?
Ayer wrote this one. I don't think Execs stepped in as much.

Man WB got way too lucky getting a Nolan that knew how to make a good movie and write it as well. I'll have too see for myself before I judge tho. This might review worst then After Earth

Ashhong

Ayer wrote this one. I don't think Execs stepped in as much.

Man WB got way too lucky getting a Nolan that knew how to make a good movie and write it as well. I'll have too see for myself before I judge tho. This might review worst then After Earth

Then what the hell???

ReiGun

I've seen a bunch of positive reviews posted but it seems people on GAF only want to point out the low reviews. I admit it's getting mixed reviews but who didn't see that coming. People out there really enjoyed it.

Hell the thread even started with a positive review.

We're probably looking at another MoS as opposed to BvS.

IconGrist

Has anyone checked on the subreddit? They were so heartbroken after BvS I can only imagine how they feel right about now.

Hell the thread even started with a positive review.

We're probably looking at another MoS as opposed to BvS.

Yea, it's pretty split so far. Just seems worse because BvS is still a fresh wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom