• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJRB

Gold Member
wT6Wz09.png

May God
creator of Heaven and Earth
Have mercy on Suicide Squad.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I just got home from having some of the best beef kebabs i've ever had. brought some with me as well so I can eat them with the reviews infront of me.

Soooo.....what did I miss?

GeeTeeCee

Yea, it's pretty split so far. Just seems worse because BvS is still a fresh wound.

I suspect even if the reviews do level out later on (which they won't), the damage will have already been done. As far as people are concerned it's already the worst thing ever.

Tabby

I just got home from having some of the best beef kebabs i've ever had. brought some with me as well so I can eat them with the reviews infront of me.

33% RT so far, you're also missing out on a bunch of people having fun with their memes because this movie is getting bad reviews.

You should probably finish eating, go do something else, and then check reviews in a couple hours. No point in ruining a good meal.

DCEU relegated to cult status.

DCEU relegated to reboot status after Justice League.

Ahasverus

Welp. Any of you guys have photoshop abilities and would like to help me? I need someone to make me look like the Joker with damaged and all. I have the pic ready, just tell me!

Busty

Banned
Yeah they probably will try to get rid of Tsujihara. Not sure if that would help at all but they will need to do something to calm down the investors. WB is bleeding money with these terrible reviews. These movies have immense hype and with positive reviews and word of mouth they could easily hit a billion worldwide.

What the fuck are you talking about?! The film is on track to break August's opening weekend record. Are you seriously suggesting that Time Warner investors base their decisions on Rotten Tomatoes? What total nonsense.

Here we go again. You guys let reviews shape your mindset instead of you going out to see it. If you're interested, go see it, if you weren't you weren't going to anyway.
What did they say about the joker anyway?

WhiteWolf

I'm still going Thursday, I liked the BvS theatrical cut even though it was ripped to shreds (really enjoyed the ultimate cut).

How did it go from 14% to 31% back to 14, did some reviews disappear?

Hell even with the 12 reviews it shows now it's 8 rotten 4 fresh, shouldn't that be 33%

Ashhong

I think it's fair to say perhaps...these guys are just not good enough.

Too much faith by WB? Who knows really, but it obvious them rushing for a DCU was a mistake. Should've gone Man of Steel 2

I mean, who isn't good enough? The writers? Directors? Cast? Ayer is a goddamn great director. It's got to be somewhere on the exec level. Maybe they forced him to include stuff from the very start like the flashback scenes people are complaining about

bryanee

Here we go again. You guys let reviews shape your mindset instead of you going out to see it. If you're interested, go see it, if you weren't you weren't going to anyway.

Still day one baby. That being said if Showcase don't update with more 2D showings I'll have to find somewhere else to see it.

You guys are so silly. Go watch it and make your own opinions.

If I listened to critics, I'd have missed out on some stuff I really enjoyed.

Tabby

Ok so base off reviews what's actually wrong with the movie?
Pacing and doesn't balance having multiple characters well.

Pretty much. Not watching a movie because of someone else's opinion is just idiotic. There's so many movies I love that people shat on.

Dierce

What the fuck are you talking about?! The film is on track to break August's opening weekend record. Are you seriously suggesting that Time Warner investors base their decisions on Rotten Tomatoes? What total nonsense.

Not at all, just the fact that these movies including BvS would have made a ton more money if the reviews were positive. This has nothing to do with Rotten Tomatoes.

Ashhong

Their BvS prediction was some high number, then reviews hit and it dropped drastically. They are literally bleeding money from reviews and the movie being a disappointment, which was his point.

How did it go from 14% to 31% back to 14, did some reviews disappear?

Hell even with the 12 reviews it shows now it's 8 rotten 4 fresh, shouldn't that be 33%

RT is horrible at keeping up with reviews being added for a blockbuster. I know it simply won't update for me at times. I remember during BvS, the site still showed me something in the low 20s even though it had reached the mid 30s for others.

jmood88

I'm pretty sure that most of the people in this thread will see it regardless but this "reviews shouldn't matter" nonsense is annoying.

Boke1879

Pacing and doesn't balance having multiple characters well.

Pretty much. Not watching a movie because of someone else's opinion is just idiotic. There's so many movies I love that people shat on.

With all those characters a few were going to get the shaft. Pacing issues is something I have to see on my own.

That said if you want to watch the movie go watch it. Some of you base this whole thing based on reviews. Many of you like BvS despite its flaws and shitty reception. What would stop you from seeing this?

One thing I'm interested in. Has Devins review been posted yet?

Because in his article about the film before it came out he made it seem like he liked it

Just wanted to know if he trolled again lol

IconGrist

I'm pretty sure that most of the people in this thread will see it regardless but this "reviews shouldn't matter" nonsense is annoying.

Depends on context. Reviews obviously matter to the studio. It can effect their money and strategies moving forward. To the individual though they don't really matter in any significant way.

"I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees."

a916

I think it's fair to say perhaps...these guys are just not good enough.

Too much faith by WB? Who knows really, but it obvious them rushing for a DCU was a mistake. Should've gone Man of Steel 2

I'm not sure a MOS2 is something that would've saved us for these poor reviews... a good film would have. Regardless of where it ties into the bigger picture.

I plan to see it, and despite its flaws I liked BvS too. It's not crazy to want something that you enjoy, or a property you enjoy to do well. Man of Steel for example is a great film, it gets better for me with each rewatch, it just sucks not being able to have a damned conversation about that film without the Chris Evans gif, or Superman's a muderer, or Pa Kent is evil memes.

I love the Ostrander run of Suicide Squad that this is somewhat based on, it had an uneven tone to it, was weird and dark, and it seems like this film fits that from the reviews, we'll see where it goes.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Well, better luck next time!

Poor Patty Jenkins, she is going to be kicked out of the editing room asap.

jmood88

Depends on context. Reviews obviously matter to the studio. It can effect their money and strategies moving forward. To the individual though they don't really matter in any significant way.
What? I'm talking about the people who always show up and try to lecture people about how they shouldn't care about reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom